PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Having a stance I no longer have

theUnearther
2012-08-23, 08:16 PM
Another Tome of Battle question.
If one were to have a temporary source for a stance (let's say, Heroics -> Martial Stance), initiate the stance, and then lose the source, would the stance therefore "die"? Or would it be grandfathered in?

Invader
2012-08-23, 08:44 PM
I'm not sure if there's an actual rule for this specific instance or not but generally if loose the prerequisite for an ability, you lose the ability as well.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-08-23, 08:47 PM
Another Tome of Battle question.
If one were to have a temporary source for a stance (let's say, Heroics -> Martial Stance), initiate the stance, and then lose the source, would the stance therefore "die"? Or would it be grandfathered in?

RAW, you can stay in the stance until you change stances or are rendered helpless. Even after heroics' duration expires you're still in the stance. Once you drop the stance you can't take it up again until you either cast heroics again or learn it with a level up or activate it from a martial script or etc..

theUnearther
2012-08-23, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I knew it wouldn't be possible to retake it after sleeping/dying/whatever.
I was just wondering if anyone had considered this general interaction, since the Tome of Battle sure did not. And the errata was very... special.