PDA

View Full Version : Nature's warrior

LTwerewolf
2012-08-23, 08:20 PM
Is going into this PrC worth the effort? To give a bit of background I play one of two party druids. We also have a wizard, rogue, fighter, bard, and cleric.

The bard, other druid, and fighter are all first timers, so the rest of us are kind of assuming they won't be much help and make our strategies requiring minimal effort out of them.

So how it's turned out is I have ended up being the party tank along with my fleshraker, and only do a token amount of actual casting. Are the benefits of Nature's warrior going to benefit me? (specifically the constrict, and armor class). I tend to shape into bears and cats.

eggs
2012-08-23, 09:19 PM
The benefits are cool, but they're weaker than keeping caster progression over those levels (a couple points of AC just don't compare well to Shapechanging into a Solar or whathaveyou). And before level 9 spells, when you're comparing a Nature's Warrior's SNA 4 to a Druid's SNA 6, it's just as dramatic

The power loss could be a bad thing (your Druid becomes weaker) or a good thing (your Druid becomes weaker :smalltongue:), but it's not going to help from a min-maxing perspective.

LTwerewolf
2012-08-23, 09:28 PM
Is there a PrC that focuses on shapechanging/wild shape that would not be a significant drop in power vs straight druid or not really? I would like to go with my character's theme, but there's a limit to how much i would want to sacrifice

VGLordR2
2012-08-23, 09:30 PM
Is there a PrC that focuses on shapechanging/wild shape that would not be a significant drop in power vs straight druid or not really? I would like to go with my character's theme, but there's a limit to how much i would want to sacrifice

Planar Shepherd or Master of Many Forms?

Xallace
2012-08-23, 09:47 PM
Planar Shepherd or Master of Many Forms?

Planar Shepard does not so much focus on shapeshifting as make it incredibly powerful as a side effect of its other powers.

LTwerewolf
2012-08-23, 10:36 PM
Master of many forms isn't really what I was after, but perhaps planar shepherd. What would be a good plane to align myself to? Would the celestial plane have beings that would give me decent abilities?

gorfnab
2012-08-23, 10:44 PM
Master of many forms isn't really what I was after, but perhaps planar shepherd. What would be a good plane to align myself to? Would the celestial plane have beings that would give me decent abilities?
Dal Quor is nice.
Planar Shepherd Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871574/The_Planar_Shepherd_Handbook)

Downysole
2012-08-24, 07:05 AM
I had a player use this class once he realized how much more powerful he was than the other characters in the group. He was still very beefy though and it made him much more versatile in combat.

I think he got 3 levels in and took the fast healing and DR armaments, was eying up the AC armament for level 5 if he decided to go that way.

Keld Denar
2012-08-24, 01:57 PM
I like the fact that it is one of only like, 3 sources where a character can gain Constrict. Constrict is AWESOME for grapplers, adding damage to just about everything they do. The other 2 ways involve maneuvers or soulmelds. If you want to build a MoMF grappler, 1 level of NW is pretty much required. The rest of the goodies you can get from Warshaper, though.