PDA

View Full Version : hack-hack-hack! Removing limbs?

killianh
2012-08-23, 11:51 PM
I have a homebrew monster I'm working on. It's psionic skeletal limbs that cut off the limbs of anyone that comes near and attaches themselves to the stub. After that it continuously attempts to take over the psyche of the individual they attached to.

Are there any rules on removing limbs in combat? What kind of attack needed or amount of damage required?

The Redwolf
2012-08-23, 11:53 PM
Called shots combined with DM rulings maybe?

killianh
2012-08-23, 11:55 PM
Called shots combined with DM rulings maybe?

Are there any official rules for called shots?

Kuulvheysoon
2012-08-23, 11:56 PM
Check out the Hydra. IIRC, it's got sunder rules, as well as how to figure out hit points for the heads.

The Redwolf
2012-08-23, 11:58 PM
Are there any official rules for called shots?

If you do Pathfinder yes, I believe it's Advanced Player's Guide near the end. 3.5 I don't know.

killianh
2012-08-24, 12:07 AM
I looked at it and it seems like it would work, but I think it could set an unfair precedent. It looks like the limbs get the total health divided by the amount of limbs (in a human's case 5) and the body takes damage equal to half of that done once the limb is severed. So they could hit the target, do a 5th of its health, and lose the limb. 2 5ths of anything's health and they've basically beat it.

I might have to look up or make an independent system for limb removal :smallfrown:

killianh
2012-08-24, 12:09 AM
If you do Pathfinder yes, I believe it's Advanced Player's Guide near the end. 3.5 I don't know.

that works quite beautifully, Thank you!