PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] half-orc cleric... what's your input?

Whisper rider
2012-08-24, 07:35 AM
So i decided to make a new pc for an upcoming campaing... on a dramatic turn of events it ended up been an house ruled half orc (only+2str/-2int) cleric of an yet unknow deity with death & trickery domains.

Stats ended upike this.. 18str 10dex 14con 8int 18wis 12cha... just for the fluff i threw a 1st lvl of barbarian (kind of a "tribe shaman").
Feats:1 power attack 3 extend spell 6 reach spell 9 quicken spell 12 persist 15 dxtra turning 18 DMM (persist) .... i think of DMM as a great power granted by your deity (so.. thats why is until late lvls that dmm comes into play).

On terms of equipment.. i took only PHB as a source.. so only think worth noticing its that he fights with a scythe.

So what do you think about it?
Thanks.

Urpriest
2012-08-24, 10:26 AM
Do you expect Nightsticks to ever be available? At level 15 they're going to be much more affordable than Extra Turning.

00dlez
2012-08-24, 10:42 AM
Barb 1 / Cleric X

Grappling pro. I've run a few characters like this to great effect. Clerics can buff themselves to great degree to really get their grapple checks up and be really effective, even against large and grappley opponents.

Abilities like rage also contribute and stack to this, allowing you to go through multiple stats with buffed grapple abilities or go through one fight with extreme stats if you have a boss fight or something.

Check out the Scorpian's Grasp feat in the Sandstorm source book; allows you to make a free grapple check after a successful melee attack.

EX:
Enlarge Person/move
Rage/move
Charge opponent, +10 to hit (at 2nd level) for, say, 2d6+10 or so, grapple with about d4+7 more damage and choke them out in successive rounds.
With Imp. Grapple your mod should be +15 or so against med. opponents.

It's fun.