PDA

View Full Version : Long-lasting lvl 1 and 2 spells

Balor01
2012-08-24, 07:39 AM
Hey guys,

What are most usefull low lvl (1, 2) spells that last at least one minute per level and protect characters? I know of Mage armor and Shield ...

Generally, this is about good defensive low lvl spells. Core or noncore. I am playing sort of arena and need to give some potions to my non-caster party (lvl 2 barb, rng, rog, bard)

... or go some other way if you can give me some advice.

thanks. :smallsmile:

Allanimal
2012-08-24, 07:57 AM
Resist energy.

You might also want to look at http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/FindSpell.php
To find spells that meet your criteria.

Balor01
2012-08-24, 08:30 AM
Actually 90% of attacks my guys get is mundane dmg. So its mostly mage armor. But I wonder if there is something more ...

Eldariel
2012-08-24, 08:46 AM
Invisibility, of course. Mirror Image is godlike against physical attacks. Protection from Alignment is a great defense against spells and attacks alike. False Life of course; extra HP never hurt anybody. Blur can help also. Heroics can pick up basic AC-boosting feats like Dodge-line or so (not very versatile on these levels with no prerequisites yet, mind). Those are the simple ones off the top of my head.

Btw, are you not allowed to have spellcasters or some such? 'cause especially in team vs. team fights, spells such as Color Spray, Sleep, Grease & Entangle are capable of destroying entire teams at times (and often more than 1 character).

Diarmuid
2012-08-24, 10:58 AM
One thing to keep in mind about potions and buffs is that "The imbiber of the potion is both the caster and the target. Spells with a range of personal cannot be made into potions."

So while Mage Armor can be potionized, Shield cannot, neither could something like Mirror Image.