PDA

View Full Version : For all you miniature lovers

Necromancy
2012-08-24, 08:16 AM
Reaper miniature kickstarter ends tomorrow evening. Currently you receive over 200 minis from the new bones line for a $100 pledge. If you haven't checked it out yet, go look!

Helaman
2012-08-24, 08:43 AM
It is INSANE value - worth a look.

hamlet
2012-08-24, 08:51 AM
Plus, there are some freakishly cool minis in there.

The Clockwork Dragon and the Dracolich both spring to the forefront of "Gotta have 'em" lists.

supermonkeyjoe
2012-08-24, 10:35 AM
I would absolutely love to get those, but unfortunately living outside of the US and more importantly, being terrible at painting miniatures, limits me somewhat

Ozfer
2012-08-24, 11:10 AM
Thank god for people like you. This would have flown right over my head if you hadn't posted. I love you in the most un-weird way possible.

DeIdeal
2012-08-24, 11:18 AM
I would absolutely love to get those, but unfortunately living outside of the US and more importantly, being terrible at painting miniatures, limits me somewhat

Pretty much the same. Looks amazing, I don't get how the miniatures are so cheap -- I don't even understand how they're going to ship all those minis worldwide for $25 when the postage for CoC HotOE re-release is $30 for a T-shirt, campaign box, tote bag and GM screen.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to paint miniatures, so I can't really justify it to myself to back the Reaper project :biggrin:

Zejety
2012-08-24, 11:30 AM
I think they look great even unpainted.

Do you have to glue them together like GW miniatures? They look like they are seamless...

The Dark Fiddler
2012-08-24, 12:19 PM

Pretty much the same. Looks amazing, I don't get how the miniatures are so cheap -- I don't even understand how they're going to ship all those minis worldwide for $25 when the postage for CoC HotOE re-release is $30 for a T-shirt, campaign box, tote bag and GM screen.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to paint miniatures, so I can't really justify it to myself to back the Reaper project :biggrin:

Like DeIdeal says, the shipping isn't that bad. I mean, it's an extra 25% if you're just going for the Vampire level, but then you're still paying $125 for over 200 miniatures; still less than a dollar each.

I'm torn on whether or not I get them, but if I do, I know that I'm not going to let painting them be a problem either; I can't paint for crap, but they still look pretty awesome without it.

I think they look great even unpainted.

Do you have to glue them together like GW miniatures? They look like they are seamless...

Far as I know there's no glueing or anything.

Totally Guy
2012-08-24, 12:33 PM
Looks like a really good deal! Kind of makes me wish I was into minis.

Zejety
2012-08-24, 12:43 PM
Looks like a really good deal! Kind of makes me wish I was into minis.

I think I just got into minis. :D
The diverse mix should be great for Song of Blades and Heroes (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/30804/song-of-blades-and-heroes)!

Sgt. Cookie
2012-08-24, 12:56 PM
Hmm. I might get them, I don't know. I'll have to wait for over half a year before I get them. :smallconfused: ((GiTP really needs a "Hmm" Smilie))

The Tygre
2012-08-24, 01:08 PM
Hey, I don't know how to pain either and I'm still going for it. Hell, I'm thinking about going double Vampire. Besides, it's not like you won't have plenty of minis to practice on here. :smallamused:

Badgerish
2012-08-24, 01:41 PM
Dammit!

I can't paint worth a damn.
I GM/play online now, via maptools and skype.
I've already got a pretty wide range of GW/D&D minis.
I have no realistic plans for getting back into table top gaming.
But I really want a set of these minis!

$125/£80 for shelf-decorations. I must be crazy!
(would be trading in the metal Sophie for Orcpocalypes! or Red Dragon+something else)

Also, here is a handy but unoffical pricing tool: http://www.niagaragamers.net/index.php/reaper-bones-kickstarter-pledge-calculator

Edge of Dreams
2012-08-24, 02:09 PM
DoWant.jpg

Daftendirekt
2012-08-24, 02:14 PM
I'm just staggered by this:

$2,344,697
pledged of $30,000 goal

Talk about meeting your goal.

Mordokai
2012-08-24, 02:52 PM

I live outside of US as well(though for a couple of hours, I'm still in Canada, but sadly that doesn't count) and can't paint worth a damn, yet I just pledged 160 dollars, for vampire level, postage, Cthulhu mythos and dracolich. They are just too awesome not to have.

Besides, you never know. Maybe this helps me find out my talent for painting that has been hiding thus far :smalltongue:

Unlikely, but never say never :smallbiggrin:

rkarnes
2012-08-24, 05:05 PM
I used to live in Denton, Texas, where there factory is. It is an incredible place... I guess my point is that if anyone can afford it, take them up on the factory tour.

afroakuma
2012-08-25, 03:53 AM
Voicing support for this; I just looked at the insane amount of minis you can score through this. Less than a day left; jump on it. :smalleek:

...not meaning to sound like a viral marketer, but seriously the number of "extra bonus content" milestones they've hit has swelled the $100 level to an insane number of minis.

Zejety
2012-08-25, 05:01 AM
Voicing support for this; I just looked at the insane amount of minis you can score through this. Less than a day left; jump on it. :smalleek:

...not meaning to sound like a viral marketer, but seriously the number of "extra bonus content" milestones they've hit has swelled the $100 level to an insane number of minis.

Yes, the value is really great. If you find a use for even half of those minis, you'll make a good deal.

afroakuma
2012-08-25, 05:10 AM
Yes, the value is really great. If you find a use for even half of those minis, you'll make a good deal.

A use? Shyeah I have a use: massive Mighty Max-style adventure layouts. Why? Because I can.

Totally Guy
2012-08-25, 04:14 PM
Ok so I just dropped my £80 (125 USD) on the big package. Once March comes around I don't think I'll ever be in want of another mini again.

Just on the numbers I'll be getting 3 dudes for each £1 I put in! (Less than 1 hour to go!)

Mordokai
2012-08-25, 05:11 PM
What do you guys think, will the eight inch Cthulhu be added as a reward?

Because I couldn't pledge anything more at the end there, so I certainly hope so :smalltongue:

The Dark Fiddler
2012-08-25, 05:16 PM
What do you guys think, will the eight inch Cthulhu be added as a reward?

Because I couldn't pledge anything more at the end there, so I certainly hope so :smalltongue:

They made the limit, if that's what you mean.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I finally broke down, and went to go pledge and get Vampire level... approximately 3 minutes after it ended.

But I really didn't have the money. I should be happy... right? :smallfrown:

Totally Guy
2012-08-25, 05:56 PM
I think I'll trade in the Sophie for the best of the dragons.

TheOOB
2012-08-26, 01:27 AM
/sigh, why did this whole kickstarter revolution have to start while I was unemployed.

afroakuma
2012-08-26, 02:21 AM
I think I'll trade in the Sophie for the best of the dragons.

Oh indeedy. She's gone. $25 my butt. Getting some lovely new toys in her place.

Very much looking forward to the fruits of my investment. :smallcool:

Mordokai
2012-08-26, 04:28 AM
Don't you get Sophie included in Vampire level?

Or is that another Sophie you're talking about?

afroakuma
2012-08-26, 04:39 AM
Don't you get Sophie included in Vampire level?

Or is that another Sophie you're talking about?

You do, yes.

But when they send out the email checking what bonus products you paid for, you can trade her in for $25 in credit. I don't believe many people will keep her.

Mordokai
2012-08-26, 05:38 AM
Hmmm...

I will consider this very carefully. There are a lot of minis to be had in those twenty five bucks, but then, Sofie is pretty nice too.

afroakuma
2012-08-26, 06:32 AM
She's no three dragons. Or one dragon and two demons. Or a minis case. Or paints and Deep Dwellers. Or twenty orcs.

Oh, options. How I love thee.

The Dark Fiddler
2012-08-26, 08:34 AM
She's no three dragons. Or one dragon and two demons. Or a minis case. Or paints and Deep Dwellers. Or twenty orcs.

Oh, options. How I love thee.

Or Forces of Nature, or Spider Centaurs, or a Frost Wyrm. Point is, there's lots of things that are both more awesome than and more useful than a succubus on a motorcycle.

Mordokai
2012-08-26, 10:58 AM
Or Forces of Nature, or Spider Centaurs, or a Frost Wyrm. Point is, there's lots of things that are both more awesome than and more useful than a succubus on a motorcycle.

Matter of opinion, I guess. For me, there is little as awesome as succubus on a motorcycle.

Maybe a succubus on a motorcycle with a shotgun :smallbiggrin:

afroakuma
2012-08-26, 03:46 PM
I'm a bit sad about the lack of water and air elementals. Oh well. :smallfrown:

Tyndmyr
2012-08-27, 09:28 AM
I pledged at the $100 level on the last day. Was trying to resist, but the model count just got too damned good to pass up.

afroakuma
2012-08-30, 10:46 PM
If anyone missed the original Kickstarter and wants a shot at the big deal, then it's important that you see this right now. (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-an-evolution-of-gaming-min/posts)

Yes, there's a premium for the goodies, but it's still a great deal.