PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted 2e] Once There Was A Maiden... Solar IC thread

Narewelshwold
2012-08-24, 08:34 AM
It is Realm Year 768, 6th day of Ascending Fire. With only twenty days or so until summer comes in earnest, it seems like the entirety of the Scavenger Lands is busy in the fields. As you walk past the statues of the Emissary marking the boundaries of Nexus's control, even the unlovely swamplands and rice fields that lie between you and Nexus seem charming in the spring evening. With 30 miles to go until Nexus, it will be about two days journey on foot, which will also allow the circle to partake in the overpriced and unsatisfactory hostels that line the road.

Still, it is a picturesque evening fading slowly into a beautiful night, and you are among those who might be considered friends. While you are all very different people you find that there is a basic unity to be had in your shared status as Exalts. That is enough, for now. It's two days on the road to the largest city in the east, with nothing to do but trudge on and speak to one another.

Lord Raziere
2012-08-24, 11:23 AM
"Why…did anyone think that it would be a good idea to build a center of trade in this place? And whats with all the expensive hostels?
I thought southern lands were supposed to be nicer than this hot, ugly place…."
Mekana complained a little. However by his standards, every place was "hot" so it was hard to take at least that part, as a valid complaint.
If only he hadn't crashed his Airship, then he wouldn't be stuck traveling on foot like this. But then again, he wouldn't have met other Exalts like him so he guesses it balances out...

industrious
2012-08-24, 01:18 PM
Otherworldly Emissary

"Up North is the Pole of Air. The further south you go, the hotter it gets. That's the way it is."

He frowns.

"And Nexus is a beautiful, wonderful place. Where everything is for sale, and nothing doesn't have a price, if you're clever or rich enough. And if (he shudders) it all burnt down yesterday, it would be back in the same location tomorrow. See, it's located strategically between two rivers, so goods going either further East or South have to stop here. And I was born here. Well, not here-here, but near enough. And this was always my second home after the Guild caravans going back and forth, back and forth..."

Adamant Sunrise
2012-08-24, 01:59 PM
Ixo walks along cheerfully, drinking in the ambiance. The Lunar is dressed conservatively in a cloak that manages to conceal his folded wings, though hardly his ready smile. Traveling by foot, the going is much slower than he's used to - but it is such a pleasant evening, after all. Without realizing it, he begins to tune out the others.

His ears perk when the Eclipse begins to talk about his youth. Passing by one of the large statues of the Emissary, the Lunar gives a thoughtful frown, gazing up studiously at is weather-worn features. "Must've been hard growing up here, with your name," he remarks. "Emissary? Did you ever get accused of impersonating a council member?"

industrious
2012-08-24, 02:31 PM
Otherworldly Emissary

"Who? Me?"

He shakes his head.

"Oh, no. Never."

Silence, as they continue to walk.

"...Otherworldly Emissary isn't the name I was born with."

He refuses to say any more on that subject.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-08-24, 03:16 PM
Ixo pieces it together after a moment. "Ah, I see," he decides. "It's like a deed name." That conjecture seems to satisfy him. "So, being from around here, do you think we should stop for the night?"

Lord Raziere
2012-08-25, 01:25 PM
"Hm? Ixo, whats a deed name?"
Mekana asked turning his head towards him.
"Its self explanatory, and I just asked a stupid question didn't I?"

industrious
2012-08-26, 01:15 PM
Emissary

"I think we can keep going for a bit longer. The hostels get more expensive the closer one gets to an average day's journey, then less in between. If we hustle, we'll be able to get a cheaper room."

Yes, he was wealthy. But he wasn't going to spend unnecessarily.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-08-26, 01:37 PM
Ixo grins at Mekana's insight, shaking his head. "Not stupid. It's a name others give you because of something you've done."

"About that, Emissary. I've been thinking that I might, ah... go ahead to the city tonight, and come back in the morning, if you don't mind. Not that it'd do much good, but you never know."