PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good miniature for Ebon Aspect.

killem2
2012-08-24, 09:31 AM
My group is entering Three Faces of Evil in the ages of worms module.

I've got a pretty good list of minis from troll and toad ready to order but I can't seem to find what I can use for this monster. I was hoping if I gave you guys the description (not going to post the monster specs because I don't know if Paizo stuff is open or not. ), you might know of what miniature I can use, because I'm striking out. :(

The creature is a bizarre amalgamation of the three deities it embodies. It is a ten-foot (large according to stat block) tall, powerfully built monster with six arms. It has smooth dull gray skin and bulging muscles that pulse with arcane power. Three of its arms, two on its left and one on its right are missing their hands, it has a gaunt skeletal face and massive fangs. It growls like a beast in battle and fights like a savage animal.

Psyren
2012-08-24, 09:46 AM
Girallon? Anything with multiple arms should be close enough.

EDIT for entry + picture (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/girallon.htm)

killem2
2012-08-24, 10:17 AM
Thanks! I'll put that to my list. I wish I had more knowledge about monsters lol. Most of my d&d history has been low to mid levels we never really get to these odd ball types.

AntiTrust
2012-08-24, 04:26 PM
When I ran it I used the aspect of Hextor mini

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41RXaYqb0OL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

killem2
2012-08-24, 07:17 PM
When I ran it I used the aspect of Hextor mini

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41RXaYqb0OL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Oh wow, that is awesome looking.

AntiTrust
2012-08-24, 07:29 PM
Nice thing about that aspect of hextor mini is I also used it as the statue in the cult of hextor, the one the players can knock over.

killem2
2012-08-25, 08:42 PM
Ok, I thank you both, I think the aspect of hextor is a great look.

Aside from that antitrust, since you ran this module, I'm curious how did you represent the area 14 in the grim lock caves where you have to show them climbing down to a level that then goes horizontal?

AntiTrust
2012-08-25, 11:01 PM
I drew it as the map showed it and simply explained the perspective. Its not really a big issue since most players will either stay on top and just counter fire at the grimlocks, or they'll climb down as fast as they can, most likely some falling.

Since you're running this module let me give you one HUGE piece of advice about the temple of Vecna. I ran it twice, the first time was like the book described and I drew it all out and had paper covering areas they couldn't see and it was horrible, all it was, was me uncovering blocks every few seconds till something happened. The second time I ran it, I didn't draw anything and simply had them tell me which direction they were going and if they wanted to draw it out they could do that with their own paper. It worked out much better that way since it wasn't as much work on my part and I could focus on doing the fun kenku hit and runs

killem2
2012-08-26, 12:37 AM
Yeah most of the time I just mark down the battlemap with what they can see and they tell me where they want me to go. since I have two battlemaps I am going to mark out the entire map on my end and let them do what they need to do on theirs so I can see where they are the entire time but it gives them the real feel that hey, this is a maze. wtf! lol.