PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Epic Gesalt Nations Game - rweird

rweird
2012-08-24, 02:01 PM
Yo, epic gesalt nations game players: this is the thread drack wants me to make for my meeting with another player, not sure who yet. This might in general be about me. Feel free to drop by. Remember, spoiler private things. Don't use this without actually having a reason to meet me or go to my kingdom. Because none of you besides 'Cry-us Lord Cyrus' knows i'm here yet, I don't think you should post.

DM:
Yes, the tower is, I attempt to enter via mundane means (Walking). Could I have a more detailed description of the tower (Does it look like a watchpost, or a castle? Something in between). Also, how do people react to me?

Knowledge Architecture and Engineering if needed: [roll0] (previous one didn't work)

Also, Description of my appearance:
The ones before looks curious. There form wavers and there seems to be nine of them, each mirroring each other movements. They has a metallic golden red skin, and wears a robe of white cloth, many stones circle his head. Half of his face is masked by what appears to be an angle's face, and the other masked by that of a devil. He is almost 6 ft. and has six wings, all are feathered like angle's, but four of them seen to be more draconic in shape. He carries a knarled staff engraved with runes. Upon his shoulders, it seems that a cloak of tiny stars forming at his shoulders and falling to his feet. Magical snowflakes fall around them, seeming to sing.

True Seeing Shows:
An ordinary human. There is only one of them.

rweird
2012-08-24, 02:15 PM
DM:
Okay, it seems to have trouble with my
Knowledge Architecture and Engineering if needed to learn more about the tower, so here it is: [roll0]

rweird
2012-08-29, 03:50 PM
DM:
Seeing as 'Cry-us' hasn't responded yet, could you at least give me the name of some other player for me to meet. From my weird's divinations? I know you aren't all that active though I still want to be able to do stuff.

drack
2012-08-29, 08:29 PM
rweird

I would, but there's not much I can do you in that you're in the midle of that guys nation and not somebody else's... Anywho I'll try tossing them a PM...

rweird
2012-08-30, 06:00 AM
Drack:
None of my divinations told me anything at all? I'm over another kingdom, but teleportation is easy. Also, has my simulacrum's detect thoughs/evil/law, and tongues tongues abilities frequent use tell me anything about this kingdom (just used on passing by people)?

Also, does me casting Programmed Amnesia allow me to read someone's thoughts. It says: "casting the spell gives you access to all of the subject's thoughts and memories allowing you to implement as many of the following specific effects as you like.", though it makes no further mention of reading thoughts, it allows me to chose what I destroy. What's your ruling?

Cogidubnus
2012-08-30, 12:53 PM
rweird:

Cyrus strides out to meet the figure, 14 feet tall and resplendent in polished silver-black armour and helmet. He approaches their leader directly. "I am Lord Cyrus Jamie Cavaliere, ruler of Cerulea, High Priest of Asmodeus, hailed Victorious 27 times, refounder of the country, patron of the people. I hope you will not consider me impertinent in asking what is the meaning of your rather unexpected arrival above my capital, and of the considerable discomfort it caused to arcanists in the area. Despite this, I hope cordial relations can be established. I also hope you did not suffer any injuries when passing through the wards around the city, that would be most unfortunate. Perhaps you would like to join me in my throne room? We could discuss matters more comfortably there. I am sure you are eager for more information about this world than the meagre insights of a fool. Such men are old before their time - in that I mean, they should not have grown old, until they were wise."

Drack:
I have Permanent Arcane Sight and am focussing on this Thallagon.

drack
2012-08-30, 01:01 PM
Cog

Arcane sight reviles nothing. (mind blank)

rweird
2012-08-30, 03:58 PM
Drack:
What does Arcane Sight reveal? Spellcraft is high enough unless he has something like 80th level spells or items with a CL of in the hundreds. Also, do I detect any magic warding the city?

Questions you haven't answered (not urgent though helpful):
None of my divinations told me anything at all? I'm over another kingdom, but teleportation is easy. Also, has my simulacrum's detect thoughs/evil/law, and tongues tongues abilities frequent use tell me anything about this kingdom (just used on passing by people)?

Also, does me casting Programmed Amnesia allow me to read someone's thoughts. It says: "casting the spell gives you access to all of the subject's thoughts and memories allowing you to implement as many of the following specific effects as you like.", though it makes no further mention of reading thoughts, it allows me to chose what I destroy. What's your ruling?

Cogidubnus:
Thallagon Algorthen rises into the air so his head is level with Lord Cyrus's and smiles. "Well me Lord Cyrus, I am Thallagon Algorthen, Third of the council of five... The only member now, though that is a long story. I assure you the discomfort of our arrival was unintended and am sorry for that. Our arrival here was through a portal we found, we were wandering in the void until then, and wished to find a universe and end our journey. If I could see a map I could move my nation elsewhere, though it will take some time. The wards haven't troubled me, though let us make for the throne room. I don't know what to make of the fool I met, he appeared when I tried to divine information on this, though the divination was blocked, he answered me almost as well. He appeared for unknown reasons, and then flew away on a cloud, he didn't seem hostile though I sensed a great power within him, has you heard of this being?"

drack
2012-08-30, 04:52 PM
Cog

Oh my, thanks for reminding me to send that PM :smalltongue:

Oh yeah, and do you have mind blank up?

Cogidubnus
2012-08-31, 07:18 AM
Drack:

Of course. It should be in the (long) list of buffs and defences I always have. Also, where's the current world map to be found?

rweird:

"Come with me, I will have aides bring maps and tables to the throne room. Would you care for some wine or other refreshment while we talk? Perhaps you could tell me something about your people as well?

Cyrus leads Thallgon through the castle to the throne room, the magnificently luxurious hall where he meets with formal guests. His attentive servants had already brought tables, placed them next to the throne, and set out velvet-cushioned mahogany chairs for the guests to sit at. Cyrus' most up to date maps are spread on the tables, pinned beneath a bottle of fine wine.

drack
2012-08-31, 07:47 AM
Cogidubnus

First post of your OOC should have it :smallbiggrin:

Rweird

Arcane sight gives you nothing (mindblank)

rweird
2012-08-31, 08:55 AM
Drack:
Thought so. I assume it being SU doesn't change that. Autohypnosis to memorize the map (auto success).

Cogidubnus:
"In our world, the Blood War, a battle since the beginning of time were demons fought devils, was finally won by the demons and they rampaged the planes. Naturally, I wanted my people to survive, and to make sure the demons couldn't pursue us, or unleash the threat on other universes if they did exist, so the council of five made a Rift into the void, we brought our structures through, and the other four members stayed behind to seal it, then, knowing the demons may be able to do the same, we ripped the universe out of the multiverse, making escape impossible." Thallagon says walking to the throne room. As he looks at the map, taking it all in (I assume this is the new map Drack put up a few weeks ago), he asks "Can you tell me anything about the other nations of this world?"

drack
2012-08-31, 09:03 AM
rweird

correct, and yes you're looking at the right map.

rweird
2012-08-31, 09:11 AM
Drack:
Do I detect any magic warding the city from Arcane Sight?

Questions you haven't answered (not urgent though helpful):
Did none of the weird's divinations tell me anything at all? I'm over another kingdom, but teleportation is easy. Also, has my simulacrum's detect thoughs/evil/law, and tongues tongues abilities frequent use tell me anything about this kingdom (just used on passing by people)?

Another Question: Does me casting Programmed Amnesia allow me to read someone's thoughts. It says: "casting the spell gives you access to all of the subject's thoughts and memories allowing you to implement as many of the following specific effects as you like.", though it makes no further mention of reading thoughts, it allows me to chose what I destroy. What's your ruling?

drack
2012-08-31, 06:41 PM
Rweird

Yes... wardings that block teleportation and planer travel... guess you came own another way? :smalltongue:

Amnesia: yes, though only while in effect, so you won't be able to autohypnosis recall them all.

Simi: you have one down there? :smallconfused:

rweird
2012-08-31, 06:55 PM
Drack:
At the end of the day I made a simi and left, though this is i believe technically happening yesterday, its complicated. If he came today, I would have immediately teleported down to meet him anyways, though a simi waited that day, its in the other thread.

What is the warding that blocks planar travel exactly, as in, what is the spell? Forbidence? If so, my SR could block it, though I had no trouble teleporting down here at first, why is that then? Could you specify, if needed, spellcraft [roll0]

Programed Amnesia: What if I write it down while I cast the spell?

drack
2012-08-31, 07:42 PM
rweird

Thanks for reminding me, I'm gonna request a wording on that wish too as just replicating the spell without a body to enchant is as silly as binding a soul without something to bind it to. :smalltongue:

spellcraft: yup, DM forgot about forbidence. :smallcool:

Programed Amnesia: yup, as with saying it out loud. The end result is getting far less info. (you know, a reasonable amount :smalltongue:)

rweird
2012-08-31, 08:04 PM
Drack:
I have ignore material components, and I have plenty of hairs, it is like I cast it normally. The spell creates the things wholesale from my hair.

forbidence: What CL of the effect?

Programed Amnesia: I thought as much I was thinking about using it on some people I find without altering anything, just for info on this world, though not just yet.

drack
2012-09-01, 08:09 AM
rweird

Forbiddance: honestly you should probably be asking cog about enchantments rather then me... :smalltongue:

Programed Amnesia: I figured, but you'll still need a medium (paper or a follower to hear) to remember it. :smalltongue:

rweird
2012-09-01, 01:32 PM
Drack:
Yes, I probably should, should I ask him what my simi detected, even though he shouldn't know?

Cogidubnus:
What is the CL of the forbidence effect in the city? Drack said I should ask you about it, I had no idea it was their when I teleported down (to 100 ft. above the ground, not sure if that is in the effect).

drack
2012-09-01, 08:10 PM
rweird

Could ask him OOC, or mention that having swept your eyes over the city deference you're wondering what spells you saw. :smalltongue: In either case I'm far more likely to goof up his wards then him.

rweird
2012-09-01, 08:34 PM
Cogidubnus:
OoC: What wards on your city does Arcane Sight reveal? Outside your palace, where I waited, what does detect evil/detect chaos/detect thought show, just for civilians. Drack said I should ask you because he thinks he it more likely to mess something up than you. I don't think that you IC would know this, however your input is needed for my knowledge gathering.

rweird
2012-09-04, 06:56 PM
Drack:
What is the reaction to my messengers from the NPC nations?

Also, Cog has been on since I've posted though he hasn't responded, should I give him a nudge?

drack
2012-09-05, 06:33 AM
rweird

nudging never hurts

Gaiad/Dark Storm: arcon dies due to random monster attacks.
Stone mountain: Atop the mountain beyond a few massive walls that do not impede flight there is a cave, deep below which a stone golem waits with an amulet tied by red string to it's neck.
Grog: you eventually find a hole in the ground... there be goblins there... the goblins panic at the sight of a celestial. :smalltongue:
If you send one to the halls of Izeldus it vanishes in a thick fog before your connection is cut.

rweird
2012-09-05, 02:18 PM
Drack:
Gaiad/Dark Storm: Description of monsters? Anything at all? Was it a random monster that can kill an archon that would be teleporting around and is ordered not to engage in combat, an Archon with 500 HP, at least +33 on spot and listen, DR, SR, AC 30+, with quickened greater teleport SU ability at will, and spell turning, as well as clerical casting of at least 14th level. That got killed randomly by monsters.

Stone mountain: The archon delivers my message and waits for a response.

Grog: Says "I mean you no harm, I bring a message from the leader of another nation, he means peace. May I speak with an authority figure?"

What about the nation of dwarfs that was shady's?

Just now nudged Cog.

Igneel
2012-09-05, 04:05 PM
For DM:

An arcon wanders your nation asking around for your leader. When he finds you/a mind-linked proxy he delivers the following message:

"I speak for Thallagon Algorthen, the leader of a nation newly arrived here. He wishes to meet with your nation, establish diplomatic relations, learn more of this world, and possibly trade routes"

OC: Would the Archon be able to fly through my blizzard that's always going, or did it just teleport/the like? Otherwise fine... This the same day that Gwyn is setting up the interrogation/meeting?

drack
2012-09-05, 04:21 PM
rweird

Gaiad/Dark Storm: well that's what happens in the second and third most dangerous place on the map... :smallconfused: Anywho first you sere somehow cut off, dark storm is a raging storm of elementals with no fixed structures... those killed it.

Stone mountain: "Then you have established diplomatic relations. What is it you desire from us?" The amulet eplies.

Grog: the goblins slow at all the bog words before remembering that kill spells have long words at which point they continue to flee underground.

Dwarves: Heavy fortress denies you entry.

Igneel

I have been informed greater teleport at will (SU), and the HP to stand a touch of frostbite.

Igneel
2012-09-05, 04:40 PM
Igneel

I have been informed greater teleport at will (SU), and the HP to stand a touch of frostbite.

For DM
OC: Just was asking as there is a wind effect for those trying to sail/fly to the iceberg that spans miles away from the origin point. Otherwise there is a 'eye of the storm' that AussirHurthia rests in.

For DM & rweird

The Archon comes to the iceberg most noticeably tinted red from the frozen blood that makes up atleast the majority of the surface ice around the populace's buildings. There are a few noticeable buildings, one of which the population of the iceberg seem to be congregating towards in several lines as security detail is checking them before allowing them passage through the wide front doors only to be checked once more again before passing another set of doors.
Before the Archon can step through a kobold of white scales and clear white dragon descendant comes up to address the Archon and his message.
"Our leaders are currently busy with other matters that has their hands tied at the moment. Could you wait a few moments as we try to contact either the Mistress of the Ice or the Lord of White Scales?
If you can wait, I'm going to have to ask you to wait in one of our guest rooms as we are about to hold a service and we don't wish to have your presence disturb the procession. I'd be more then willing to guide you to such a room as to avoid you getting attacked by the security detail."

drack
2012-09-05, 04:59 PM
Igneel

rweird is mindlinked/controlling it, so that's probably for him. :smallwink:

Igneel
2012-09-05, 05:06 PM
Editted, and that's what you get when a lesser minion answers :smalltongue:

rweird
2012-09-05, 05:20 PM
Drack:
Dwarves: The archon will acknowledge that and teleport back.
Gaiad: Any info about what killed the archon here?
Dark Storm: Before it could quickened teleport out?
Stone mountain: The archon replies "He wishes for knowledge of this world and if there is any interest in establishing trade routes."

EDIT: Igneel:
The archon nods and follows the kobold.

OoC: What language does the kobold speak, it doesn't matter due to tongues though my nation wants to know the dominant languages.

drack
2012-09-05, 05:27 PM
rweird

Don't miss the edit on Igneel's post

Gaiad: none beyond that it was rather overgrown and there were scary predator noises all about. :smalltongue:

Dark Storm: Slowly at first, but when it was nearly half dead something scorched it from behind killing it...

Stone mountain: "I fear we do not deal in information, but in soldiers to a cause righteous enough to pay us well."

rweird
2012-09-05, 05:44 PM
Drack:
I didn't miss igneels edit, i edited mine to reflect what he said.

Gaiad: Even with +33 or greater on spot and listen, it doesn't see anything.

Dark Storm: If it was attacked slowly at first, then it would teleport away then.

Grog: Calling back the archon here as well.

Stone Mountain: Reply: Very well, what are your soldiers like? May I see them?

Igneel
2012-09-05, 05:47 PM
rweird & DM

The Dragonwrought Kobold leads the Archon past the security of what seems to be largely orcs with faintly visible white scales where their bare flesh can be seen and several other scampering kobolds both dragonwrought and of the arctic variety by flashing a badge that seems to show some sign of authority. Among the crowds of people going into what is described to the archon as the 'Blood Palace' are several races of largely arctic variants of the norm across the world from the most primitive human to a few graceful but cold looking elves, along with their smattering of languages.

Going into the main entrance there are three double doors, one straight forward the people are filed towards and two to either side. Leading the archon, to the right the kobold leads the guest down a curving hallway to a vacant room that is designed to be somewhat warmer then the hallway. Inside is a simple but nicely made desk, table, pair of chairs, bed with furs of polar creatures for blankets, and simple art portraits of winter landscapes. Excusing himself the Kobold leaves the archon to his devices while he alerts his superiors.

Some minutes go by before the sounds of something larger then the other races can be heard coming down the hallway before stopping in front of the door and when the door opens another dragonwrought kobold comes it, like the other with white scales but more noticeably finely dressed and more pronounced fangs.
"Welcome to my humble chunk of ice away from the outside world. My child alerted me to your presence and wish to deliver a message. My Mistress of the Ice is currently doing a search for possible vagabonds amongst our number so she won't be attending sadly. I am the Lord of this small nation of ice. Some call me the Winterdrake after the deity AussirKhuno who of which I serve as a voice in this world, or by Lord of White Scales, and even the Bloody Blizzard King. But your welcome to pick any name you wish as I take no offense. To which am I addressing, how may I be of service, and for what exact purpose have you come to my isolated home?"

Edit: Forgot to answer your question, most of the humanoids speak a smattering of Common, Dwarven, Elven, Draconic, and Orc. I have to check something with drack before I get more specific.

Edit II: I'm going to assume that you have True Seeing, but because I have Mindblank I don't think it will be able to see through. But because I like to share some info OC, AussirKepesk might show up as a White Dragon of at least Mature Adult age, but his eyes hint at a older age.

For Dm:
Quick question:
How does Tongues the spell effect made up languages or ones done in code?

rweird
2012-09-05, 06:04 PM
Igneel:
The archon looks the dragon up and down. "I speak for Thallagon Algorthen, the leader of a nation newly arrived here. He wishes to make peace, establish diplomatic relations with your nation, learn more of this world, and see if trade routes can be opened."

OoC: I presumed as much. This is more me trying to make my IG knowledge achieve the point I reached OoG from reading everyone's background, and finding potential enemies and allies.

drack
2012-09-05, 06:31 PM
rweird

I know

Gaiad: yup, dangerous place. :smallcool:

Dark Storm: OK then

Grog: really? :smallconfused: OK

Stone Mountain: "Vary well" The stone golem opens the door and allows the celestial in.

Igneel

Translates so long as they are written or spoken (hint the drow ha it right with sign language)

rweird
2012-09-05, 07:21 PM
Drack:
Grog: On second thought, i'm not, though I am adding barkskin and shield of faith to that archons buffs.

Dark Storm/Gaiad: Okay, I guess the most dangerous places on the map can 1 hit kill a buffed CR 19 or 20 thing without it learning anything of it, even when it is supposed to avoid engagements like that. Does the archon from dark storm come back or is he dead?

Stone Mountain: The celestial enters.

Kazyan
2012-09-06, 05:12 PM
rweird
OOC: Assuming that responding to the archon goes here, too. You're the one who sent it, right? Also here's some copypaste description so you know what it's looking at.

Eventually, after the occasional racket resulting from spooking a group of fey, the archon would find the leader's home--in the middle of the semi-mobile wagonpocalype of social chaos that comprised Canidius, there hovered one tower comprised of walls of force. Perhaps 50 feet tall and 15 feet on a side, there was but one door and no windows. When prompted by knocking or some other method, a pixie would open the door, smiling at the visitor. In the corner of the room, someone covered in a purple robe and veils sat, making the slightest motion of her head to acknowledge the archon's presence.

The pixie--Atrill Anapur/The Heathen of Nine, from what the archon may have gathered--is short and slender, with a sharply bony figure and a thin but durable-looking layer of muscle under his bright white skin. He is dressed in brightly-coloered robes (green and yellow) over a series of metal braces and curved strips that sit almost flush with his skin, painted and decorated in gold and blue. The front of his body is speckled with buttons, jewelry, and a multicolored, stylized feather, visible due to baring his chest. He displays his thick and translucent wings prominently, but allows his meticulously-spiked brown hair to lightly cover the bases for the wing analogues above his ears. Atrill carries himself with a sense of calmness, an inviting form of body language that can encourage friendly conversation.

"Understood," Atrill says in response, standing on the force floor at 'eye' level with the archon. He rests one hand on the doorframe, his epxression changing to one of mild concern."You've taken risks by coming here--I could hear the stir. I'll fault neither you nor my populace for whatever tension occured when the unliving civilians noticed you." He face grows softer as he steps out of the doorframe, hovers, and places a hand on the handle--a body-langauge hint that he intended to close it and that the archon should scoot back a bit. "Inform Thallagon Algorthen that he may choose the terms and place of the discussion. I am available today, but prefer not to leave Canidius for long, partly because I'm waiting on some translations. Was there anything else you wanted to talk about?"

drack
2012-09-06, 05:29 PM
rweird

Grog: The gobblins flee through the tunnels until you find yourself at a large purple door with gold lining. Nobody seems to be standing guard.

Gaiad: here yes they can one hit kill it

Dark storm: yes its alive, and no it's not a one hit kill if it would be injured first...

Stone mountain: you loose contact. :smallcool:

rweird
2012-09-06, 06:53 PM
Drack:
Grog: Entering, let me guess, my connection cuts off.

Dark Storm: Cure critical wounds SLA from Tulani. Will send them elsewhere if I learn of it.

Giaid: True Res, thanking him for his time and sending him back to celestia.

Stone Mountain: Do I ever regain contact. Spellcraft to figure out why it is lost: [roll0], Lore to do the same: [roll1], this is knowledge of how the world works and stuff and deductions, I understand if I won't know though I think I should be able to make basic deductions. I believe it is because the inside of Stone Mountain is a demiplane. :smalltongue:

Kazyan:
"Very well, he is currently busy meeting another leader, though can send a representative in his stead. If you are uncomfortable leaving your nation, the meeting can be held in your nation, though we know little of its geography."

drack
2012-09-06, 07:01 PM
rweird

Grog: No, you emerge in a room with a large desk at which a goblin is sitting filing paperwork with several hundred other goblins crammed into obvious hiding places throughout the room.

Giaid: do you have the outsider version prepared?

Stone Mountain: It could be :smalltongue: Conclusions: dead, unconscious, or cut off.

rweird
2012-09-06, 07:05 PM
Drack:
Mountain: So I don't get back in contact?

Giaid: No, I use True Resurrection, it works on outsiders and elementals as well.

Grog: Archon delivers message, ignores the hiding goblins.

drack
2012-09-06, 07:13 PM
rweird

Mountain: not for now at least

Gaiad: k

Grog: "Ah, so you're here to see our great monarch Grog. Tell me sir, why do you expect this person might be important enough to meet with our esteemed king, let alone for his peon to?"

rweird
2012-09-06, 07:22 PM
Drack:
Grog: "He merely wants to open diplomatic relations, If you do not wish to engage in a potentially profitable exchange, so be it. I doubt you'd care to hear of Thallagon Algorthen's accomplishments and so forth."

Igneel
2012-09-06, 08:31 PM
Igneel:
The archon looks the dragon up and down. "I speak for Thallagon Algorthen, the leader of a nation newly arrived here. He wishes to make peace, establish diplomatic relations with your nation, learn more of this world, and see if trade routes can be opened."

OoC: I presumed as much. This is more me trying to make my IG knowledge achieve the point I reached OoG from reading everyone's background, and finding potential enemies and allies.

Had AussirKepesk had some eyebrows, he would raise one. So the gesture of the ridge above an eye rising had to make due in his kobold form. "Yet another nation arriving to this world from another huh? Interesting... I'm going to presume it was your doing that set my Mistress into a frenzy about a possible spy on my iceberg hrm?"
Placing a taloned hand to his chin, one of his claws lightly taps his snout in a thinking gesture.
"Helping your master however temporary it may be to learn more about this world is a easy enough matter, granted that my self imposed exile and hermit-styled lifestyle might hamper what amount of knowledge you might learn. My ally Burzum the Lord of Orcs who also has a few nations here in the south has a much larger library that is more then likely up to date then mine. He is also always looking for new allies willing or interested in trading. As for myself, I'm interested to know what you think a nation situated on a chunk of ice that makes by through the use of magic and hunting for our food can offer you for use in trade."
Finally lowering his hand from his chin a fanged smile crosses AussirKepesk's kobold face.
"Despite my busy schedule, I'm sure that I can squeeze in at least a short meeting with someone that goes out of their way to contact one of my kind despite the stereotype that because I am of Tiamat's brood and of the vampiric variety I should die for simply existing. I'm a bit more open minded then most in my mind and so will willingly go to you or have you over for a meeting, whichever makes you the most comfortable."

OC: Of course, and I understand that. Looking up more info (and getting info from drack) I will also add that there are some Goblinoid speaking citizens, and a strange language spoken only by a minority that largely sounds like a combination of Draconic and Infernal.

Igneel

Translates so long as they are written or spoken (hint the drow ha it right with sign language)

Gotcha, then I will let him know.

Havelock
2012-09-07, 04:12 AM
"I speak for Thallagon Algorthen, the leader of a nation newly arrived here. He wishes to meet with your nation, establish diplomatic relations, learn more of this world, and possibly trade routes"

"He is quite welcome to send an envoy."

drack
2012-09-07, 10:07 AM
rweird

Idly the gobblin lifts a sheet of paper between his forefinger an thumb to observe te one beneath it before placing it to the side and scrolling a few notes "No, no, I would love to hear of his achievements, worth, and of any help you could possibly dream to be to our great monarch.

Stone mountain: angel emerges from large AMF telling you that they are a nation that contracts out constructs of all sorts for defensive and offensive proposes. (IE constructed mercenaries)

rweird
2012-09-07, 02:23 PM
Havelock:
Who is it the archon is speaking to? "Can serve as the envoy in that case."

Igneel:
"He knows little of this world, he sent a messenger to each nation he found. Of trade, I know not what you may have, but I'd expect you'd have something. Of agents, none have touched the ground save me, the other messengers and our leader. He knows little of this world and doesn't wish to send his agents to unknown peril. We don't know who caused the disturbance. For the meeting, is there a certain time?"

OoC: Glad you understand. He is replying in whatever language you are speaking in due to tongues.

Drack:
Mountain: Does the Archon have and knowledge about the constructs capabilities? "Thank you for you time, if we wish to purchase anything we will send another messenger, farewell." he says and greater teleports back.

Grog: "I speak for Thallagon Algorthen, destroyer of demons, lord of mages, voice of dawn. We know not of your monarch's goals, though we have many skilled in crafts willing to sell their makings." the archon replies.

Havelock
2012-09-07, 03:31 PM
I'm lazy, so just assume the same scenery and drow and such from this post: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13715203&postcount=241

"And what can you offer us?"

rweird
2012-09-07, 03:39 PM
Havelock:
"We have many things, what is it you would like, knowledge, valuables, help, something else?"

drack
2012-09-07, 05:52 PM
rweird

They claim to be able to forge any construct for the right price.

Grog: The goblin eyes you suspiciously "And what sorts of wares do you propose selling to our kin?

rweird
2012-09-07, 06:26 PM
Drack:
Grog: "Sculptures, gems, everyday household objects, and books."

Mountain: How cheap are the constructs at their weakest?

Igneel
2012-09-07, 07:32 PM
Igneel:
"He knows little of this world, he sent a messenger to each nation he found. Of trade, I know not what you may have, but I'd expect you'd have something. Of agents, none have touched the ground save me, the other messengers and our leader. He knows little of this world and doesn't wish to send his agents to unknown peril. We don't know who caused the disturbance. For the meeting, is there a certain time?"

OoC: Glad you understand. He is replying in whatever language you are speaking in due to tongues.

"I have already encountered at least one other nation that came from another world, who despite inviting me most courteously to a dinner party was rude enough to sentence me, my kin, and all others that live here on my ice to death merely because of our choice in deities. I am merely looking out for my children."
Walking over to a ice wall, he gently strokes it with his hand, back to the Archon.
"We don't have much, making by with marine life hunting, and some trading. I do occasionally open up portals to other planes, as much trouble as it may be considering this plane moves at a much faster rate the others, in attempts of gathering certain materials such as wood or minerals. Obviously anything of ice and cold I can offer, but not much of it survives in the hotter climates. In any case I suspect it was someone scrying on one of the many commoners I have simply trying to make a living here where no where else they are welcomed, and I understand your master for not sending out his people into peril as at least this destination is a bit of a issue to get to as you are well aware I will willingly give what info your master may want of this world that I can provide."
Falling silent, it seems that he's thinking to himself until a knock on the other side of the door can be heard. With the door opening another Dragonwrought Kobold comes through holding a roll of parchments and hands it to AussirKepesk before disappearing behind the door again. Turning to the Archon AussirKepesk hands him the paper.
"Here is but a copy of my most current map of the world, along with a few notes on various nations as of the time that map was made. I hope that it will at least help your master get his bearings, and set up some footing for our diplomatic talk at a later time. Will he wish for me to come to him, the other way around, or some other plan? I have some rooms for an emissary if they can bare the cold, though it might not be in their best interests to stay here for extended time periods."
Giving a fanged smile he continues,
"After all... Winter is fast approaching this world's calendar."

OC: Don't know why someone wouldn't understand. Its a very basic concept to talking to possible foreign regions/nations that movies have a habit of fantasizing everyone speaks English for simplicity's sake for example.

AussirKepesk largely speaks in Common with his 'children' (a resident of his nation obviously) or Draconic with his Kobolds. To the Archon he simply spoke Common as there isn't any reason to speak any fancier languages.

Map & Notes: A small comprehensive map along with notes for a small amount of nations. Map I'm sure will be of some help, and the notes I would estimate would give at least a +2-4 K. Local (+2)/History (+4)/Royalty (+2)/Religion (+4) circumstance modifier as its from my library.

drack
2012-09-07, 07:35 PM
rweird

Grog: "Goblin kin needs no luxuries to distract us from the importance of our work. If you have something worthwhile, perhaps we will open our markets.

Stone mountain: Determined by negotiations/contract. (essentially risk level and strength. Lowest is 2sp each/day

Igneel

Yeah, but when he is talking of the path of light and you say some can only walk in darkness... you see how that naturally leads into figurative speech, no? :smalltongue:

rweird
2012-09-07, 07:49 PM
Igneel:
"Thank you lord AussirKepesk." the Archon says taking the map and bowing. "We have wood and stone, and our people do enjoy things of beauty. We hope to meet with you soon, after we establish a territory for ourselves."

OoC: The glad you understand is more to acknowledge that I heard you and about my goals for this meeting, though movies really do make everyone speak the native language, and books often do as well.

Drack:
Grog: "Very well, farewell and thank you for your time." The archon says and where he was standing a moment before is replaced by empty space (teleporting back). Man, those guys are full of themselves.

Stone Mountain: What type of construct would that be for 2 sp/day?

Igneel
2012-09-07, 08:17 PM
Drack
But was he talking about those that can only live in the darkness (as in living in the light can kill them, like vampires) or those who only want to walk in darkness (as in being evil and refusing to change)? Note that AussirKepesk talked alot about how there has to be a balance as just as there needs to be light for plants to grow, there needs to be darkness to cool the earth along with allowing things to decompose easier for example. Light and darkness are two sides of the same coin, and one can't have one without the other just like there can't be good without evil.

But that isn't here at the moment as its a past conversation and I'm sure he will eventually come after me at some point.

Q's:
-How do you feel about Wall of Stone getting Stone to Flesh'd for an alternative to feeding my people?
-Thinking about starting an expedition to Locate Creature/Divination certain types of Undead that don't have creation rules to Command as I'm sure there is someone that has already started looking for various monsters for whatever reason. Want me to K. Religion to know if they even exist? XD
-I was looking at the Planar Bubble spell, and was wondering if I sent people to another plane while under its effects if they act 'unnaturally faster' then the natives as it replicates traits of their home plane and our plane is much faster then others. Would time seem to stand still, and if so would it be similar to Time Stop in effects to what they can do such as not being able to mine?
-Can I K.Planes check to see if there is a sub-plane to Earth with more of a gemstone-like quality? I remember there being a plane in another setting that had a Plane of Gems but I can't remember which or its traits/etc.
-Would the Profession (Miner) rules in Races of the Dragon more or less apply in any case if I head off to the Earth Plane or Gem Plane? (Four Kobolds being able to mine at the same rate as two humans for example)
-I don't recall if you ever answered my question concerning the NPC class population (for example I have 50k for a well known religion) and what levels I should consider them. Are they all just flat lvl 1, some percentage higher, what?

rweird

Giving a bow in return the Kobold-AussirKepesk looks to the Archon's eyes to the best he can from his view point.
"It is only polite to allow the new neighbors to have a chance to speak their intentions. Otherwise we would all just be at war all year round with no concern for one another's sake. I hope that everything goes well until we meet again. And please, do send an advance message so that I can try to have something of a meal made for your arrival if you so wish to come visit again. If not, and I am to come to you, I will bring my own magically created blood as to not be tempted by your citizens as its quite rude to eat one's servants in my opinion. In the customary farewell my Lord teaches all of his children 'May you see many a winter's first snow fall'."

OC: Didn't mention my name was AussirKepesk in dialogue :smallwink:

Meeting: AussirKepesk is a bit more open then some, or at least thats what I had planned for him. He will at least let a visitor state his case before deciding to kill him or let him live in any case.

rweird
2012-09-07, 08:28 PM
Igneel:
"'May you see many a winter's first snow fall'." the Archon replies before vanishing (greater teleport, I assume you have a spellcraft check high enough to know that).

For knowing your name, I would think the notes you gave the Archon would have that.

Meeting: I realize, two of my messengers where attacked before they met everyone and one of them was denied entrance.

Drack:
Giving info from AussirKepesk to my cohort, he will memorize it and telepathically tell the leader, who will also memorize it (Autohypnosis suceeds on a -20-).

Igneel
2012-09-07, 08:41 PM
rweird

OC: Oh silly dragon... How easily you forget such info :smalltongue:

Killed messengers: That's most unfortunate. You'd think that if anyone at least AussirKepesk would be the more likely one to turn away a Archon compared to others. Oh well. *shrug*

In any case, feel free to send a message or the like my way when your ready for a meeting. It will likely be a representative pending on answers I get from drack concerning other things, but then there is only so many places you can be at one time without things like Simulacrums. So many things to do, so little time...

drack
Going to pop back over to my thread now as I'm pretty sure I'm done here now. If you wish you can post the answers to my questions over there.

Kazyan
2012-09-07, 09:23 PM
rweird
"I prefer to hold a discussion anywhere in the landbound gradient of our absence-of-border. There is a lovely mountain at our west edge; somewhere near the foot of it is reasonable. Much of our geography is coastal or oceanic," Atrill gestures with his free hand downwards, at the sea, "and we are less likely to be disturbed at the gradient anyway."

rweird
2012-09-08, 07:25 AM
Kazyan:
"Good, how about the point on the mountain closest to the coast? the archon asks, What time would be good for you?"

drack
2012-09-08, 07:53 AM
rweird

Grog: nah, more that they have a centralized government and care little for the thought of their citizens wasting time and resources on luxury goods.

Stone Mountain: Maug

rweird
2012-09-08, 09:21 AM
Drack:
Mountain: Okay, buying nothing yet.

Igneel's Map and Notes: How much do I learn from this? Just the other nations basic background that are on the map, more, less?

drack
2012-09-08, 12:25 PM
rweird

Yup. :smallbiggrin:

rweird
2012-09-08, 12:59 PM
Drack:
I presume you mean everyone's basic backgrounds by yup, please tell me if I'm wrong.

Kazyan
2012-09-08, 03:17 PM
rweird
"Consider four hours from now." Atrill nodded. "I'll have the translation issue and the remainder of my to-do list sorted out by then."

rweird
2012-09-08, 03:45 PM
Kazyan:
"The representative will meet you then, thank you and farewell." says the archon before teleporting away.

OoC: Do you want to do the meeting now or later?

Kazyan
2012-09-08, 05:58 PM
rweird
OOC: Now is fine.

Hmm, the didn't wait for directions. Perhaps Thallagon Algorthen had access to more knowledge of the geography than the archon had let on, or it had other methods. Find the Path, perhaps. The location was oddly specified, after all.

Approximately hour hours later, near the appropriate location base of the mountain, Atrill hovered five hundred feet above the closeby shoreline. Keeping himself visible for obvious reasons, he idly scanned the surroundings visually--particularly the seas--looking for anyone approaching. There were but a few wagons in this area. A few killoren had come out earlier to find solitude, but the Heathen of Nine had assured them individually that they would be given their space. All that was necessary now was to wait.

drack
OOC: Some spells to make chitchat go better. Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion (cast through Miracle) where the mountain starts, a Friendly Face, and two copies of Peacebond, one on each of Atrill's weapons.

Spell slots left: 5/12/12/10/8/11/6/9/6/6

rweird
2012-09-08, 08:01 PM
Kazyan:
At the precise time given, a figure appears at the foot of the mountain, carrying a staff in one hand. He has four wings, two draconic and two angelic, his skin is a reddish metallic gold. Covering half his face is a mask that looks like the face of an angel, and on the other half, there is a face like a demon, all in grey. Eight images of him are surrounding him, and moving back and fourth, true seeing reveals them to be illusions though doesn't show him (mind blank). Seeing you he disappears for a instant and reappears next to you.

"Greetings, I am Vilgon Valthrin, second mage of the council, apprentice and messenger of Thallagon Algorthen." he says smiling, standing next to Atrill, wind swirling around him supporting him.

Drack:
Cohort casting Mind Blank from uncanny forethought, and using beguiling influence invocation, then quickened greater teleporting in.

drack
2012-09-08, 08:39 PM
Both of you
K :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-09-10, 04:32 AM
rwierd/drack..?

The Lantern Archon is directed far out over the oceans to the north of the Orc kingdom where two flying castles follow a huge fleet of ships.
In the lead flying castle sits Lord Burzum on a throne of stone, grumpily awaiting a message.
The Archon is given entry and can note the auras of decay and absolute evil emanating from the twisted decayed remains of the Orc Warlord.
"I am Burzum, Emperor of the Orcs. Why do you seek me?"

rweird
2012-09-10, 05:34 AM
Gaiyamato:

Cogidubnus
2012-09-10, 09:27 AM
rweird:

"A world where demons overcame Lord Asmodeus...such a thing does not bear thinking about. I will forgive you for your unexpected entrance, then, especially given your peers sacrificed themselves to contain the demons. As for this world, well...
The empire that touches my western border is ruled by some Paladin or other misled servant of the Light, I believe. In any case, he refused any offer of bargaining for power with me. Although for a holy man we have noticed an awful lot of undead among his servants. He may simply be presenting a front of holier-than-thou words to ward off suspicion. I am currently in negotiation with the Orc Hordes of the south over a supply arrangement, and their leader seems remarkably reasonable for an Orc.

Other than that, I must confess I have had difficulty finding out much about the other nations. I can use my powers to make some divinations if you wish, though I will require a short while and...say...ten thousand gold. If the cost of raw materials exceeds that I will, of course, ask you to cover the costs before continuing. Information is something worth trading in though, I feel, and the information I am capable of extracting may well be very impressive."

The Forbiddance effect has a CL of 49.

Arcane Sight reveals auras of various powers, some matching the strength of the Forbiddance effect, others clearly cast by underling spellcasters, though none below level 9. If you make some Spellcraft checks I can tell you the school.

Alignment detection of civilians reveals mostly Lawful Neutral, with a noticeable portion of Lawful Evil. There are very few Good civilians, al Lawful, and although some people are Neutral on the Law-Chaos axis, you don't notice any Chaotics at all in your brief visit. Those few whose surface thoughts you have a chance to concentrate on gathering seem mostly concerned with day-to-day issues, such as shopping, worrying about relatives who joined the army, or thinking about whether that girl they like wants to go to the Games with them.

Ed:
Apologies about the long wait, as I told rweird, I had a family crisis and was moving, so I couldn't get to my files for a while. Hope that post was suitably detailed to earn me a reprieve :smallsmile:

rweird
2012-09-10, 03:52 PM
Cogidubnus:
"Thank you for your offer to divine for us, it is most generous. Is there any particular form you want the payment in? I have also just made contact with the Orc lord, with a white dragon known as AussirKepesk that rules AussirHurthia, he has given me information about this world and says the Orc lord knows more.

"Still, I'm sure your people tire of our nation in your skies, do you know anything of the islands to the very north of this world he says indicating on the map. Perhaps you could try to divine that area."

Map:
-------------------------------------------------------------Below Here
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x322/sensenman/map11.jpg

Spellcraft Check: 1d20 +88 (forgot to delete space before submitting after previewing for map, roll in next post), with a minimum result of 89, i think I can learn the schools without needing more roles. CL 49, hmm, impressive. I suppose I would have taken the damage if it overcomes my SR, though my fast healing would heal it fast enough their would be no noticeable difference, especially after several days.

OoC: It's fine, real life happens. :smalltongue:

rweird
2012-09-10, 03:54 PM
Cogidubnus:
Spellcraft: [roll0]

Kazyan
2012-09-10, 09:42 PM
rweird
"Greetings, Vilgon Vathrin. Since I cannot assume which is the surname for a foreigner, or if the concept exists, do you go by Vathrin or Vilgon?" Atrill bows, sweeping his arms to his sides, with the most inviting expression on his face that one cound find within leagues. "Atrill Anapur, latter as surname; The Heathen of Nine; One Vision; Impulse Medallion. Any title or moniker will do. An unnamed archon informed me that you would be coming." He chuckled as he ached his back to 'stand' at a backward leaning angle, not quite possible without flight. Instead of seeming off-putting, the action was as restfully casual as could be. "Though it's a formality considering your clear arcane accomplishments, would you mind accepting a Peacebond on any weapons before we continue, if you have any?" Atrill shifted one arm in just the right way to reveal the hilt and par tof the sheath of a bastard sword at his waist; where the sheath contacted the hilt, the weapon glowed faintly. A similar glow faintly leaked from Atrill's sleeve, and he made no attempt to hide it.

Cogidubnus
2012-09-11, 03:53 AM
rweird:

"Yes, I must concede it would be more pleasant not to have your people positioned directly above my capital, I am sure it has caused the more nervous of my people distress, although I am sure you will find the palace staff to be quite resilient to surprises. Payment in coin would be preferable, I can replace the required materials at a later date. I will retire to perform my work now, please, remain here at leisure until I return. If you desire a book to read, ask one of the servants and my librarians will provide it.

The schools you detect are abjuration and enchantment.

Drack:
Cyrus will retire to his private quarters and perform a divinatory query, asking "Are the islands to the north of the sea controlled by Jones of the White Fleet of a condition to receive a new nation landing there, including habitability and the presence of non-friendly natives there who would resist such an occupation."

drack
2012-09-11, 06:32 AM
Cog

"The islands flourish, but the locals will reject you."

rweird
2012-09-11, 03:15 PM
Kazyan:
"Well met Atrill Anapur, call me Vilgon, Vathrin, or both, all three are used. My staff is my only weapon, though I freely consent to a peace bond, considering that this is your nation and the lack of a staff won't inhibit my magic, I'll make no such request of you." He says smiling and extending his staff. "The staff really is just custom as well, and i'd just as willingly discard it."

Cogidubnus:
"Thank you, I will have the money brought down shortly."

After you leave he asks a servant for books on this worlds history, books on the other planes, and books on this world's current political situation.

Drack:
Do you rule that you can craft multiple items if your result for your craft check would provide enough to make the item twice or more over?

drack
2012-09-11, 04:57 PM
rweird

No, though naturally if you're intending to make multiple you'll probably roll to succeed on multiple or not. Generally people prefer them all to be done and use the extra craft DC on intricate detail. :smallwink:

rweird
2012-09-11, 05:25 PM
Drack:
In that case all 65,000 of my 1st level savants will craft 1 GP today, do the same tomorrow, and the same the day after tomorrow, the last day will pay the expenses of the crafting, the first day will have the money go to me, and the second day, the money will go to them. This nations coins are DC 20 to craft, taking 10 they get 21, meaning 420 CP progress out of the 100 CP needed to make a GP.

drack
2012-09-11, 05:41 PM
rweird

Is this their work to earn their living expenses with which to pay taxes, or just for you? :smalltongue:

rweird
2012-09-11, 06:19 PM
Drack:
They have had so far 3 days off for living expenses, few as they have, they each are trained in another craft skill as well to pay for it. This is just work for the government (me). Also, you'll notice I haven't been taxing the people, I'm planning on taxing them weekly, meaning 1/7th of the normal, so it'd be quite cheap, considering 1 CP is equivalent to a piece of chalk, 1 piece of chalk/week. :smalltongue:

If you want me to tell you what they do for living expenses, tell me and I will do such. I didn't increase there wealth for the days they had living expenses, and I don't plan on decreasing wealth by a few CP when I tax them, tell me if I should.

drack
2012-09-11, 06:29 PM
rweird

Not really sure, you providing them food? Do you have arable land? Do you have some other food source? :smalltongue:

rweird
2012-09-11, 07:11 PM
Drack:
Outsiders don't need to eat. Holy Transformation makes them outsiders.

Cogidubnus
2012-09-12, 04:15 AM
Drack:

Cyrus proceeds to repeat his divination, asking "What is the nature, where nature means race, alignment and individual strength, of the natives?"

drack
2012-09-12, 05:56 AM
Cog

Dark humans of low individual strength.

Kazyan
2012-09-12, 10:12 PM
rweird
"Yes, one has to keep appearances. Arcanists have staves in commonfolk wisdom--" Atrill's wings stop moving, but he does not fall. "--et cetera." With a few words and hand motions, while running the other hand down his front, the Peacebond would take effect and hold the staff in whatever passed as a holster.

"Peace, trade or alliance are the only options I see. Good impressions work wonders. The lantern archon didn't cause deliberate strife, even presented with the populace, and your attire suggests that you wouldn't immediately evoke into our particular crowds. It's going well. Although, I do need to know if there would be diplomatic conflict when the government of the nation under Althorgen--I'm being indirect in speech due to sparse information; apologies--learns of Canidius's quirks. For example, how do you feel about fey? Because we're almost all fey of some sort here."

drack
OOC: Using his other fly speed. Casting Peacebond. Spell slots left: 5/12/12/10/8/11/6/9/5/6

rweird
2012-09-13, 06:55 AM
Kazyan:
The 'holster' is across Vilgon's back. "Yes, we try to make good impressions, and try to make peace so we aren't seen as invaders. As for fey, we have no problem with them, so long as they don't make problems for us or our allies, that is our view for pretty much anything save demons. Though tell me, do your people have problems with celestials? Not so much of a kind that wants to purge what they see to be evil as the kind that wants to help others and live a peaceful life."

Cogidubnus
2012-09-13, 03:24 PM
rweird:
After twenty minutes of divinations, Cyrus returns. "If you wouldn't mind covering my costs now, ten thousand gold pieces or equivalent will be plenty, and then I'll tell you about the habitability and inhabitants of the island."

After receiving money:
"I am sorry that took a little longer than expected, I had to perform some further inquiries. The long and the short of it is that the islands are welcoming in terms of climate, but inhabited by "dark" humans, weak individually, who will not welcome a new ruler in their lands."

rweird
2012-09-13, 05:50 PM
Cogidubnus:
"It has been sent for." He says, as 10000 GP each dropped on the closest balcony in a neat stack, if you have one that I've seen previously, if not, at your highest tower. I then inform you of where it is.

If you have people that can see invisibility at the closest point your forbiddence doesn't effect to the drop point:
You see five glowing spheres of light appear there and each drops a lot of gold coins, that hover to a gentle landing a few feet from the ground (this is assuming that is within 280 ft of where they are if not, then it will move to a complete stop 280 ft. from the edge, and then continuing to fall), the spheres of light then vanish.

If you have watch people in the area they gold arrives that can't see invisibility:
A shower of gold appear just outside of the forbiddence effect, it hovers to a gentle landing where ever it'll end up being (depending on if you have a balcony).

Drack:
Sending 5 tulani in incorporeal form with the gold, using telekinesis to make it come to a gentle landing in neat stacks. Then they teleport back.

Kazyan
2012-09-13, 08:49 PM
rwierd
Atrill strokes his chin. "Constructively-minded celestials variety are welcome, but could they be mistaken as the destructive variety. We'd have to be very clear about one another, or my populace could grow internally or externally unfriendly. That, and I'm not entirely sure everyone knows what a celestial is." He leaned forward a bit. "I'm concerned because many of us, excluding myself, live on negative energy. It's a complex subject, but to be brief about what everyone thinks about one another, you could pile the misconceptions and suspicions to the sky. We can certainly be peaceful, but it's best if--inferring for a moment--we don't mix crowds. Do you see why celestials would cause some alarm on our end, regardless of exalted intentions? I can only explain to so many uninformed masses at once."

Atrill flicked a bit of hair out of his face as he resumed his previous pose, still smiling. "But aside from adding 'solve collective whining' to my to-do list? No, no problems."

rweird
2012-09-14, 05:40 AM
Kazyan:
"Yes, I can see why that would happen. Our people will most likely be accepting of fey that do not persist on negative energy. The ones that do also may cause discontent among our people, so yes, I'd agree that not mixing is for the best."

Kazyan
2012-09-15, 05:44 PM
rweird
"Then we are in agreement. Very well. Althorgen may send an embassy to Canidius if he so wishes." Atrill turned ninety degrees in the air and gestured in the general direction of the visible population gradient. "Could you tell me more about the nation you hail from? Instead of explaining my own, I'll simply tour you if you wish, and you can draw your own conclusions--you seem to be the kind of person who draws accurate ones."

rweird
2012-09-15, 06:28 PM
Kazyan:
"Very well, our nation is called Ilakulne " pronounced ILL-uh-KULL-nee "We are now just a remnant of what we were before. This is because of the demons, in our universe, they won the blood war and spilled into the other planes, we held off until we created a rift and brought our nation through. Thallagon Algorthen's companions on the high council stayed behind to close the rift. Then the rest disconnect that universe from the others, to save them, we wandered in the void until we reached a portal and came through into the plane..." He further explains the basics, because i don't want to type up the basics about my nation again, If it's okay with you, could he just explain what this link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13638846&postcount=744) says without me needing to type it?

Assuming that is okay: "Would you like more detail about anything?" He asks as he concludes.

Could you give a brief description of what I see, or should I just assume that I make conclusions that tell me what is in your public background?

Kazyan
2012-09-17, 09:06 PM
rweird
Atrill listens to the explanations thoughtfully. Although he doesn't make eye contact as he makes mental notes of the Remnant, it seems at though he is listening. It was some trait of his body language, but difficult to identify.

"I would like to know how the populace can be industrious, but have such time to itself, assuming you're not describing mutually exclusive demographics." Atrill swings his hand towards a hovering building, over a thousand feet away. "In Canidius, one would get the impression that no one does any work, but that is a misconception. One fey's pastime can provide for another's needs, and the negative populace is intuitively self-sufficient and even quite productive. There is a sociological issue, in that a minority of highly disciplined fey feel overworked, when they provide for needs in their circles of friends. Since the problem's absence could result in hunger or other deprivations, I still need to do research more than anything else." Outside the building, several tiny figures fly around or sit atop the roof.

"If the remnant has such a history with demons, why is your outfit half-fiendish? If it is a magical set of equipment, one would expect at least a coat of paint." Atrill turned in place to look at Vilgon again. n a moment, he shrugged as he gestured towards another location. A small group of landbound figures huddles around a campfire, one of them standing on something and posed as if playing some kind of wind instrument; the distance made it hard to tell. "Would you like to go meet a few of the citizens? You'll find that the unliving don't stretch the variance of 'normal', even though..."

OOC: Blah blah blah he explaaaaains. You have the information in the public background now. If is Atrill's word-precision is confusing, just tell me to tone it down.

rweird
2012-09-18, 05:41 AM
Kazyan:
Vilgon looks around the nation as
Atrill speaks, nodding every once in a while to show he's listening. Once Atrill finishes, he speaks: "The mask marks me as a demon slayer, and a friend of the angels. It is much like how a hunter wears the skin of big kills. If you think my appearance would be unnerving, I should change it. Why we are industrious though we don't need to be is for one thing, the blood of the angels in us, need of commodities, and enjoyment of artwork, as well as providing for each others wants often being leisure for others as you described. If me meeting the citizens wouldn't be a delay for them, I'd be happy to meet so of them."

OOC: I actually kind of enjoy Atrill's word-precision.

Cogidubnus
2012-09-18, 06:25 AM
rweird:

"Thank you, it has been a pleasure doing business with you. I hope we can work together again. I can continue to provide divinations, and also can rapidly construct mundane equipment and traps. Speaking of which, I hope you will excuse me, I have another business appointment."

rweird
2012-09-18, 06:30 AM
Cogidubnus:
"Thank you, i hope we meet again in the future, fare well." He says before flying out of the forbinddence area and teleporting away.

Drack:
Teleporting to my nation.

drack
2012-09-18, 12:06 PM
rweird
Sachiru doesn't get one. :smallwink:

rweird
2012-09-18, 04:40 PM
Drack:
I'm casting Persisted Ghostform from uncanny forethought, and then Superior Invisibility, and then teleporting to the island I wanted to bring my nation to to scout. With mind blank Ghostform, and Superior Invisibility, I think I can't be detected by anything excepts blindsight from a means the isn't a divination spell, and is ruled to be partially effective (The SRD says "Nonvisual senses, such as scent and blindsight, are either ineffective or only partly effective with regard to incorporeal creatures.") Not sure which it would be for this.

drack
2012-09-18, 04:54 PM
rweird
I may have said lantern as they were on my mind. :smalltongue:

Anywho IC

You arrive in a sparse but lush tropical forest with various fruit trees about, and crystal clear rivers. In the distance cliff faces border the island making it defensible and resilient to the unending hammering of the waves.

rweird
2012-09-18, 04:59 PM
Drack:
Lantern archon, oh, i was wondering about that. Thanks.

IC: I fly towards it.
Spot and Listen, taking 10, each of which would be 69. Using my detect thoughts SLA (DC 44) with swift concentration. Using SU arcane sight, lastly, I'm using my detect evil SLA.

drack
2012-09-18, 05:20 PM
rweird

You approach what and detect thoughts on whom? :smallconfused:

rweird
2012-09-18, 05:23 PM
Drack:
I have them active, I will systematically target all living creatures I find, targeting those that appear to be higher rank over those that seem to be of lower rank, humanoids over animals. Though I activate it now so I won't have to wait once I find someone/thing.

Kazyan
2012-09-18, 11:27 PM
rweird
"I asked because it looked incongruous with the Remnant's history, not because of unease. The visual balance means nothing, then?" Atrill asked, grinning, and paused for a response. "Your celestial honestly is refreshing. We have enough in common that it should be that way." He widely gestured with one arm towards the tower. "Head on over; they don't look busy."

After a half-second to properly orient himself, his wings resumed motion, and Atrill flew indirectly towards the tower at uncanny speed. Within fifteen seconds, he would be close enough to need to slow down, and did so with a quick loop around the tower. He rose slowly and landed on the roof.

Already, some of the fey had flown inside the tower, but a few weren't as shy. A surprised grunt of acknowledgment came from an unkempt killoren*, levitating off the side of the rail with a book in his arm. A petal (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mmiii_gallery/83032.jpg) slowly awoke from her nap on the roof's grass. Another one, already alert and in the air, bowed and descended to let her feet touch the dirt. Her floral traits were a wilted white color, in sharp contrast to the norm, but both of them were extremely tall and stocky for their species.**

"Good afternoon. Does everyone feel healthy and happy today?" He turned his head partway towards Vilgon, which made the citizens notice the mage. "We have a visitor today. It's normal to feel shy, but he means no harm. Vilgon, this is Hïssha and Elm. And you?"

"Aglosesl," the killoren finished.

"Aglosesl. This is Vilgon, everyone."

OOC: I just made these people up so don't worry about them being important.

*Killoren look roughly human, to save the book-diving to figure out what Vilgon is seeing.
**Vilgon can hit a Knowledge (Nature) check of, like, 16, right?

Sachiru
2012-09-18, 11:30 PM
In that case, I am scrubbing my previous reply.

drack
2012-09-19, 06:32 AM
rweird
OK, but I still don't know what I'm approaching...

rweird
2012-09-19, 04:52 PM
Drack:
The cliff fortress-esquey thingy unless I saw something from where I was.

Kazyan:
."The balance does have a deeper meaning, though it is made so it can appear only to have the one I gave you. Drawing power from demons is dangerious, though this mask does such, it also draws powers from celestialsto balance that, only my master and I have masks with such power, though others msy have masks. We know we are strong enough to control the dark side of the mask, though we don't want to put anyone else at risk."

Vilgon pulls off a rapid series of teleports to keep pace with Atrill.
"Pleased to meet you." he says smiling.

OoC: He easily can make a DC 16.

drack
2012-09-19, 06:07 PM
rweird

The clif-face that encircles the island? :smalltongue:

rweird
2012-09-19, 07:18 PM
Drack:
I guess I'll look for signs of life presuming my detection abilities showed nothing, I will do such by teleporting 100 ft. over the treeline and looking for signs of life (Smoke and such), if I see no signs from their
i will fly to the cliff-face and fly around this island to see if there are any fishing communities or something (looking around, so if there is something interesting that isn't a fishing community I still want to know about it).

drack
2012-09-19, 07:25 PM
rweird

how high are you flying, how are you looking, and what can you see? :smalltongue:

rweird
2012-09-19, 07:33 PM
Drack:
I'll fly at the height of the cliff face, I'll use the previously mentioned means to detect things (Spot and Listen, taking 10, each of which would be 69. Using my detect thoughts SLA (DC 44) with swift concentration. Using SU arcane sight, lastly, I'm using my detect evil SLA), and I will be 50 ft. out from the cliff face.

drack
2012-09-19, 08:32 PM
rweird

You fin nothing that indicates a higher level of civilization then monkeys.

rweird
2012-09-20, 05:31 AM
Drack:
How large is the island? Also, does detect thoughts show animal intelligence from the monkeys or is it higher?

I teleport to the next island if it seems my search would have covered this island well, and do the same as I did here (cliff-face) is equivalent to bank for me flying around the island, if not I will fly over the rest of the island looking for civilizations.

drack
2012-09-20, 05:58 AM
rweird

They have int 2, which is enough to form a rudimentary "civilization" :smalltongue:
You find no higher intelligence lifeforms in your sweep of the islands, and they are about as big as they are on the map. :smallwink:

rweird
2012-09-20, 06:23 AM
Drack:
Okay, I return to my nation, dismiss ghostform and superior invisibility, I'm ordering my people to make sure that all objects in the nation indirectly touch someone or something touching the piece of the nation they're in.

drack
2012-09-20, 06:33 AM
rweird

ok...

rweird
2012-09-20, 04:08 PM
Drack:
After I feel confident everything is accounted for, I will have my 10th level druids use their Glasses of the Distance (sandstorm) to move my nation 10 miles towards the island per use, each has 2, and I have 100, meaning my nation will move up to 2000 miles, being more than enough to move my nation to the islands I scouted. I'll have my leadership people and summons stay behind to caught falling things if their are any, and hold on to them, someone will go and report to me after that. I'll wait 1 round for each teleport.

Gaiyamato
2012-09-23, 04:35 AM
RWIERD

"Indeed... how interesting. More of you..." he muses for a moment.
A messenger comes running up to him and hand him a small note. Burzum reads the note quickly as the paper decays slowly in his hands. "It seems that I have an engagement with Lord Cyrus very shortly. However I would be more than happy to discuss terms with your leader as soon as I am available." Rising from his stone throne the huge decaying form of the orc fills the room. "Fly north with me to Cyrus and then I shall accompany you from there to meet King Thallagon Algorthen."

rweird
2012-09-23, 06:50 AM
Gaiyamato:
"Thallagon Algorthen has just met with lord Cyrus, though he now is several hundred miles away from him. He could meet with you himself while you fly to meet lord Cyrus." says the archon, opening its wings to make ready to fly.

EDIT: Should I move this to your thread? I didn't realize others would have heard.

Kazyan
2012-09-23, 03:32 PM
rweird
Hïssha beamed and bowed for him. Aglosesl narrowed his eyes at the visitor and pulled one hand into his opposite sleeve. "I don't know about this, monarch. I don't trust his looks."

"It's a long explanation." Atrill shifted his eyes to look at the killoren. If Arcane Sight or a similar spell was on Vilgon's person, he would notice a strong aura 'blink'. Aglosesl removed his hand from his sleeve slowly, apparently slightly alarmed. "Elm?"

"ïnsi ŋagal ï sato ssa," the waking petal mumbled as she straightened her dress, then rose into the air alongside Hïssha and bowed as well. "Did our monarch already welcome you?" she asked, glancing nervously towards Atrill as she spoke. She seemed starstruck, in a word.

OOC: Since you said 'easily': it means they're advanced to 3 HD. Elm's translation from Sylvan is something like "I'm stopping my sleep, monarch", for your language doohickey.

rweird
2012-09-23, 04:45 PM
Kazyan:
"Well met, your monarch has welcomed me. I come from a nation new to this world." He says, "If you find my mask disconcerting, It can be changed."

He tries to identify the school from the lingering aura that 'blinked': [roll0] DC 15+spell level or DC 15+half CL for non-spell effect.

OoC: I'd have a 77 on knowledge nature if I got a 1. Vilgon also knows Sylvan without tongues, he will be speaking in Sylvan for the rest of this unless he is asked not to, it is much the way that the court of stars speaks sylvan.

Kazyan
2012-09-25, 06:15 AM
rweird
"It's a little scary," Elm says in Sylvan, not reacting to the language change.

"Are you kidding? It's fine," Hïssha replies, nudging the brighter petal's shoulder.

"Of course you think it's fine--"

"That doesn't mean what you're implying it means, right?"

Aglosesl sighs and mutters something disparaging about the 'flyers'. Before the budding argument can escalate, Atrill makes a slightly distracting motion of straightening his robe. Elm notices him again, then resumes eye contact with Vilgon. "...New?"

"It arrived the same way Canidius did, though for different reasons."

Vilgon's vast store of knowledge could determine a lot (read: incoming infodump): the best natural explanation for the color and shape of Hïssha's wings was albinism, but from what the Heathen of Nine said earlier about negative energy, she was more likely to be undead. Hïssha and Elm looked otherwise normal for exceptional (advanced) petals, except for their plumpness, which just meant that they ate well. So Hïssha probably became undead fairly recently, though what "recently" meant depended on how fast the availability of food changed. Aglosesl obviously hovered via Levitate, confirmed by the appropriate aura. The aura on his book suggested that he had cast it himself. The 'blink' effect from earlier had been a strong Enchantment, but it didn't leave any auras behind or change any present ones--maybe on Atrill himself, but Arcane Sight would basically 404 there. The tower itself had an aura similar to the active Levitate, though the plants growing on the ceiling were mundane.

rweird
2012-09-25, 02:12 PM
Kazyan:
Vilgon reaches his hand to his face, placing it on the mask he utters a few words and the mask vanishes. It reveals a redish golden face, though it looks human, though fairer. The eyes are pools of silver, though they show great wisdom, he seems to be out of his youth, though he has yet to reach old age. "Is this better?" he says smiling. "We are new, having just arrived five days ago. We came here fleeing from the Blood War, in our world, the demons won. We have books about it, should I send for them?"

Spellcraft DC 23 (I presume that you can get a 23 even if you got a 0, but still):
He just cast Superior Invisibility on the mask.

Kazyan
2012-09-25, 07:21 PM
rweird
"That's...okay, actually," Elm says. "Wasn't the Blood War the one with the yugoloths and...um..."

"Demons and devils. Keep up. It's the first thing you learn about them." Aglosesl sneers.

"I don't pay attention to that kind of thing. They're all sort of the same."

"And they seriously just lay around and sing all day... Monarch?"

Atrill nodded at Vilgon. "I would like to see the books, at the least. If they're informative enough, shall we be allowed to make copies for my records? As an aside, if there was resolution to the Blood War in one 'world' and a lack thereof in the other, that suggests that some clarification is needed on what a 'world' is in this context."

OoC: Sharing some numbers back--he took 10 and got 77.

rweird
2012-09-26, 06:55 AM
Kazyan:
"For world, it would be our universe, though we left before the demons reached all planes." He pauses for a moment. "It sent for the books." After about 20 seconds, a glowing multicolored orb, and a celestial dire bat ridden by a robed, winged figure appears above them. The figure leaps off the bat, and dives, stopping about 10 ft. in the air. He reaches into his robe and pulls out a folded piece of cloth. Finding a clear space in on the floor of the tower, he unfolds it, leaving a pit filled with books. The books levitate out and stack themselves neatly in alphabetical order. This process repeats up to 10 times (I don't feel like doing the math for how many books can fit in a portable hole) until 1000 books are stacked in from of you. Then the figures vanish. "I think these will be sufficient, call on use when your done for us to remove them unless you wish to buy them."

OoC: He just cast Superior Invisibility on the mask. I'm reposting it here just in case you didn't read it below.

Kazyan
2012-09-27, 07:48 PM
rweird
Atrill followed the figure to the inside* of the tower. Inside, nine fey (living and otherwise) of various species watched the books stack up, most of them uncomfortable with the sudden display of magic and the diminishing floor space. Atrill kept them at ease with a gentle smile, making mental note of the titles and quantity of the selection.

"I expected far fewer than this," he said, sounding impressed. "Obviously, I cannot read all of this in one evening. How should I call?"

"That is...a lot of books. That's more books than should be in a library," a startled pixie woman commented, from the corner of the room.

OOC: I saw it, but had no comment.

*I think I mentioned that we were on the roof. If it wasn't clear, sorry.

rweird
2012-09-28, 05:37 AM
Kazyan:
"True, though much of what is said in each is the same, though others besides you may desire to read them. I could send a Sending to ask you if we should pick them up each day, or you could send a Sending to me, or some other message system could be devised. We have a more extensive library, though it is in our language, and is less transportable, though you have free access to it if you wish."

OoC: He would have unloaded them on the roof if you where on the roof and there was room, if not we would have asked if there was a place for him to unload them. I'll presume that the tower would suffice, though if you would have had it somewhere else we could go back and redo that.

Kazyan
2012-09-29, 04:14 PM
rweird
"Taking ten minutes and a useful spell out of every day could be inconvenient. I'll Send for you. I will return them, but feel free to Send if you'd like them back sooner or it seems that I've forgotten." Atrill hovered over the books, within arm's reach of two pixies that abandoned the crowded floor in favor of airspace. "These will be free to loan after I set up a catalog with Aulsvand. Pass the information on a bit," he suggested to the small crowd.

"...Did he just say there were more books?"

"Yes."

"How does anyone get so many books!?"

OOC: It was probably best to put them inside since the roof is slanted. And I just made that up, but it's true now.

rweird
2012-09-29, 05:46 PM
Kazyan:
"For me the sending would only take a minute, it wouldn't be a bother for me to cast the sending. We could send someone to check instead though."

drack
2012-09-30, 07:25 AM
Rweird

You arrive then. :smalltongue:

rweird
2012-09-30, 09:12 AM
Drack:
Did anything fall out?

drack
2012-09-30, 09:47 AM
rweird

I don't know of anything that would fall out that you can't catch. :smalltongue:

Kazyan
2012-10-01, 07:59 PM
rweird
"If you feel it's prudent. The method isn't important enough to worry about." Atrill scanned the collection of books, lost for a solution, but only for a moment. He looked back up at Vilgon, once again with his knowing expression. "I can solve the logistics from here. Was there anything else you wished to discuss? And would you mind if I, or an emissary, visited the Remnant at some point in the near future of perhaps two weeks?"

rweird
2012-10-02, 05:37 AM
Kazyan:
"You certainly can feel free to visit. If you have a library, us being able to look through it would be helpful. I shall send the sendings. We are at the islands farthest north."

OoC: Should you just contact me when you're done instead of me posting a sending every day until then?

Kazyan
2012-10-06, 03:46 PM
rweird
"Excellent." Atrill bowed briefly. "Our only substantial library is Aulsvand's personal collection. I'll inform him about your arrival."

"Since when did we have libraries?" Aglosesl asked, descending from the side of the roof to hover at face-level with a window.

"I'm disinclined to debate labels, so I generalize for what Vilgon actually wanted to know about."

"Oh, forget it."

OOC: Yeah, no need to post daily.

rweird
2012-10-06, 06:21 PM
Kazyan:
Vilgon bows as well. "I look forwards to looking through the library-" He breaks off for a moment as a look of concern crosses his face, it is fleeting, so fast many wouldn't notice (he has a pretty high bluff bonus so the others probably wouldn't notice, though he is making it more visible than he could have [DC 50 sense motive to notice], he also gives Atril a look if he notices that saying "I'll tell you later, in private") before continuing as if nothing happened and he didn't break off. You mention Aulsvand, saying he has the only substantial library, who is he exactly?

OoC: Okay, so you'll just tell me, posting here would be good for that. As for the bluff thing, Vilgon would bring it up anyways in private with you so i don't think spoilering it was needed. I presume the others can't reach 50, though I might be wrong, I'm pretty sure you have a bonus higher than 50, though I wanted it to be easy for you to tell that.

Kazyan
2012-10-09, 05:49 PM
rweird
Atrill tilts his head very slightly at the microexpression, enough to be noticeable if it was intentional, but ignorable if it had been nothing important.

"He is my advisor, assistant, friend, and one of very few nonfey that are accepted here, for his elven and scholastic social roles. Ktikunnus Nemnr Tkos Lvvetni ro Truespeech ro," Atrill added experimentally, soft enough that the others would think they'd misheard something. Indeed, a few started whispering to each other. Vilgon's magic (or mundane familiarity) would surely pick up the somewhat archaic Gnomish expression: something about getting his tongue stuck in his own sinuses when trying to pronounce Elven--except replacing Elven with Truespeech.

OOC: Good call on the DC, actually.

rweird
2012-10-09, 07:27 PM
Kazyan:
"If he is not busy I would like to see him now. Its been a pleasure meeting you all." He says smiling, the second part addressed to the fey besides Atril.

OoC: I presumed you would make it easily, though the people I was meeting with wouldn't.

Kazyan
2012-10-11, 05:58 PM
rweird
"He is averse to sharing his schedule, but he has finished everything I needed from him recently." Atrill glides next to Vilgon, then presses one hand against the wall just above a stack of books. "I should transport these to him anyway," Atrill says, and tilts his head towards the ground for a moment. He speaks a few slithering arcane words*, and his hand moves into (?) the wall a bit. The smaller members of the surrounding fey, rather overstimulated from the situation, mutter their salutations and search for an exit, some of them finding the path of flying through a window.

"Do you mind if the books are held in this way only until reaching Aulsvand, for him to remove and catalog?"

OOC: *Shadow Cache (MotP); I won't pretend you can fail at the Spellcraft check.

rweird
2012-10-11, 07:36 PM
Kazyan:
"Holding books like that is fine, so long as they are removed within a day, loosing those many books would be problematic. if it is okay with you I would like to see him now." If it seems certain that they are alone and no one is listening in (60 on listen), he says quietly "Why I indicated that I wished to speak in private was a message Thallagon sent me, he said that the islands our kingdom is above has vampires, I didn't want to mention it in front of the others because some of them are undead and I don't think that mentioning that we are worried about undead would be the best for relations with them. If you have any knowledge of those islands, or a group of vampires that might inhabit them, that would be helpful in our contact with them."

Drack: Does the time stream different change the time taken for stuff that is shadow cached to be lost?

drack
2012-10-11, 07:55 PM
Shadow cache: Some of the plane of shadow passes close enough to be encompassed in the time field. :smallbiggrin:

Kazyan
2012-10-13, 08:50 PM
"This is the first time I have heard about islands of vampires," Atrill notes dryly as he manually shoves armloads of books into the cache. "I would appreciate being informed of anything you learn about them." Atrill hums a brief tune to himself as he moves books expediently, looking completely unbothered by the labor. He glances towards Vilgon during one flight arc, smiling, as if to assure that he is happy with this mundane method.

OOC: I thought drack said that there are Shadow/Ethereal/Mirror/etc. planes for this one, so I didn't worry about time interactions.

rweird
2012-10-13, 09:08 PM
Kazyan:
"We will inform you of the developments them, in any occur, our divinations say that they will resist occupation. Our nation is currently at a high enough elevation that the vampires will have difficulty reaching it before sunrise." he says, "Our leader will try to contact them. If things go badly, I may have to leave abruptly, though the divinations say that we will prosper so that isn't expected."

OoC: I wanted to be sure.

Kazyan
2012-10-17, 07:37 PM
rweird
"I wish you and Althorgen luck," Atrill answers. "If you come to need an undead representative to vouch for your peacefulness, something could be arranged were you to contact me about it." He hefts some more books into the cache, and exhales sharply. "This is entertaining, but will take some time. If you want to reach Aulsvand while I'm clearing my head like this..."

Atrill proceeded to give concise directions to a coastal area, plus or minus several hundred feet to account for moving wagons.

drack
2012-10-17, 07:39 PM
Never hurts to be careful.

rweird
2012-10-17, 07:59 PM
Kayzan:
"If he won't be disconcerted by my sudden appearance, I'll go now. Come when you can if you wish. I'll send a sending if I leave, or if we need a messenger to the vampires." With that, he disappear, unless Atril says something along the lines of he'll be surprised, he doesn't take kindly to visitors, etc. He is greater Teleporting to the location describe and will look for signs of Aulsvand.

Drack: Excepts for when the game slows to a crawl or stops entirely because of it (for examples, see cautious parties in the Tomb of Horror):smalltongue:

drack
2012-10-17, 08:44 PM
rweird: Ouch, true, or the endless player obsessions with details DM throw in for realism like the perfectly normal rock at the center of the clearing.

Kazyan
2012-10-20, 09:41 PM
rweird
When Vilgon arrives, he'll find the beach to be very sparely populated with wagons. The closest cluster nearby had been driven in a circle. The angle prevented looking inside any of them except for one, which appeared to have books stacked along the walls.

A Gray Elf, with cracked skin and dark hair, peeked his head out from one of the other wagons, and looked towards Vilgon. It could have been hard to tell from this distance (for an imperceptive person), but his eyebrows raised in mild concern, and he pulled his head back into his little shelter.

rweird
2012-10-21, 08:42 AM
Kazyan:
Vilgon approaches the wagons, when he is next to the outer wagons he calls out Are you Aulsvand? I wish to speak with him, I am Vilgon Valthrin, I come from a nation that has newly arrived in this world. Atril told me to look for you because you have a library that woud be able to tell us more about this plane. he says smiling.

Kazyan
2012-10-23, 07:21 PM
rweird
After a few moments, the gray elf would emerge again, holding a long stick in an ineptly defensive posture. Now more visible, Vilgon may recognize his attire as the sort of thing a novice mage would wear, although it was well-worn.

"That is me, yes," he said, looking upon Vilgon with level eyes, only his posture betraying his wariness. "I do have a collection, but I wouldn't call it a library. It...doesn't have a staff beyond myself." Aulsvand paused for a moment. "How do I know to trust you? You've got the detail right on Atrill being an inconsiderate oaf to expect me to just let you in my house, but that could be coincidence."

rweird
2012-10-23, 07:48 PM
Kazyan:
Vilgon's eyes dart quickly to the stick, and then to Aulsvand's eyes after dismissing the stick as currently non-threatening. He pauses for a half second before speaking. "I am sorry if I do intrude. How would I earn your trust, if need be, I could message Atrill, though he does have a kingdom to run so if it would be possible to do so and not disturb him, that would be preferable. He is currently transporting the books that we gave him about our nation."

Kazyan
2012-10-26, 07:55 PM
rweird
Aulsvand tapped the stick in his hands a few times, thinking. "If you were bad news, I suppose you would have delivered it by now. So, never mind all that." He shrugs and rolls his eyes. "Fine. I guess you can come in. This one, second bottom row on left side, middle shelf--" he gestures to one of the wagons, "--has what you want, if I'm guessing the specifics correctly. Don't touch anything that's not a book or furniture, please. I don't have a lot of extra space to keep my things."

rweird
2012-10-26, 08:41 PM
Kazyan:
Thank you. Vilgon says smiling as he enters, being careful not to touch anything besides the book. Reaching for it, he inspects it, before opening it.

Kazyan
2012-10-27, 09:37 PM
rweird
The contents are an annotated/translated version of Navigating Outside the Great Wheel: A Rilmani's Guide, annotations in Common and the body text in Rilmani. As one might expect from a book written by and for the outsiders of the plane of neutrality, the introduction is frank and even-handed about what to expect from the farthest planes, and there is also a comprehensive table of contents.

"Chapter 22. If you need me, I'll be on the other side," Aulsvand says, jabbing his thumb towards a far point of the wagon circle, and walks.

OOC: Handwave handwave it contains everything you would otherwise get with a DC 10 Knowledge: The Planes check.

rweird
2012-10-28, 06:53 AM
Kazyan:

Thank you. Vilgon says as he reads and memorizes chapter 22. After that, he peruses the rest of the book memorizing it.

OoC: Will Atrill return or send a message? If he doesn't, Vilgon will finish with the library and depart.

Kazyan
2012-10-30, 07:16 PM
rweird
OOC: I suspect that Vilgon can get through a book at, like, half the speed of a woodchipper, and it takes a while to move books. So, no.

rweird
2012-10-30, 07:24 PM
Kazyan:
Okay, post here when you're returning the books. Vilgon will greater teleport away. I hope we'll meet again soon.