PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Build

Roguenewb
2012-08-24, 07:51 PM
So, here's a bad guy in my next campaign, Dread Necromancer 2/Druid 4/Arcane Hierophant 10/Mystic Theurge 4. The character uses Versatile Spellcaster to get in a level early on dread Necro. I wish there was a way to get in faster overall. The damn +4 BAB requirement is frustrating.

This character is true neutral and seems himself as the maintainer of the full life cycle. Gets 18th level druid casting, and 16th level Dread Necromancer casting, but with Versatile Spellcaster, it will be able to still cast 9th levels, if it really wants one of the mediocre spells on the DN list at 9th.

I'm looking forward to hitting my players with a Wild-shaping druid gishy type, who *also* has a druid circle full of undead minions. Surprising.

Anyone got any feat and spell suggestions?

Snowbluff
2012-08-24, 07:53 PM
A Bamboo Spiritfolk or whatevs could get the druid class feature needed a little sooner. If BaB is the problem, it shouldn't help though.

Arcane Heirophant and you aren't going for a stupidly strong ubermount? ...For shame.:smalltongue:

Roguenewb
2012-08-24, 08:01 PM
A Bamboo Spiritfolk or whatevs could get the druid class feature needed a little sooner. If BaB is the problem, it shouldn't help though.

Arcane Heirophant and you aren't going for a stupidly strong ubermount? ...For shame.:smalltongue:

With natural bond, I've got a 17th level animal companion, with the benefits of a 12th level familiar. With Companion Spellbond, I was gonna have a pretty bad-ass friend.

Is there anyway to manipulate bamboo spiritfolk to get a higher power level from the class build?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-08-24, 08:12 PM
Bamboo Spirit Folk get Trackless Step as a racial trait.
Put some Mystic Theurge before Arcane Heirophant to help meet the BAB requirement.
Get a Minor Bloodline (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm), along with one Bloodline level, which helps you meet skill prerequisites. Bloodline levels don't count toward your character level, so at level 1 you gain 1,000 XP, then gain the bloodline level, and you're still a 1st level character. It only takes you 1,000 more XP to gain your next level. You're basically behind 1,000 XP instead of behind an entire level for taking a Bloodline level.

With one Bloodline level and Bamboo Spirit Folk, you could go Dread Necro 1/ (Bloodline 1)/ Druid 1/ Mystic Theurge 8/ Arcane Heirophant 10. Note that the Bloodline level would be added to both your Druid level and to your Arcane Heirophant level for your Animal Companion's benefits and for your max HD and duration of Wild Shape.

Roguenewb
2012-08-24, 08:15 PM
Bamboo Spirit Folk get Trackless Step as a racial trait.
Put some Mystic Theurge before Arcane Heirophant to help meet the BAB requirement.
Get a Minor Bloodline (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm), along with one Bloodline level, which helps you meet skill prerequisites. Bloodline levels don't count toward your character level, so at level 1 you gain 1,000 XP, then gain the bloodline level, and you're still a 1st level character. It only takes you 1,000 more XP to gain your next level. You're basically behind 1,000 XP instead of behind an entire level for taking a Bloodline level.

With one Bloodline level and Bamboo Spirit Folk, you could go Dread Necro 1/ (Bloodline 1)/ Druid 1/ Mystic Theurge 8/ Arcane Heirophant 10. Note that the Bloodline level would be added to both your Druid level and to your Arcane Heirophant level for your Animal Companion's benefits and for your max HD and duration of Wild Shape.

How does that get druid 2 casting and skill ranks for theurge?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-08-24, 08:22 PM
How does that get druid 2 casting and skill ranks for theurge?

Versatile Spellcaster, Druid 1 can spend two 1st level spells to cast Summon Nature's Ally II.

The Bloodline level counts toward your max skill ranks, but it doesn't count toward your character level. That means at Dread Necro 1/ Bloodline 1/ Druid 1 you can have 6 ranks in a given skill, but you count as a 2nd level character.

Snowbluff
2012-08-24, 08:40 PM
With natural bond, I've got a 17th level animal companion, with the benefits of a 12th level familiar. With Companion Spellbond, I was gonna have a pretty bad-ass friend.

Is there anyway to manipulate bamboo spiritfolk to get a higher power level from the class build?

What is that, like 17 HD? No no no no no. He needs some Knight Rnger of Furmundy, Theurgic Mount, Holy Mount, Theurgic Bond (x2 to for both AnC and familiar progression?) and Devoted Tracker (Your familiar companion is now a Special Mount). Draconic Steed and pick up a Gold Dragon (if you'll allow the alignment), and Legacy Champ to mimic extra Archeir levels for max HD! :smallcool:

Thank Bifi, I'm not really qualified to handle bloodline, thanks for handling it! :smallbiggrin:

Roguenewb
2012-08-24, 08:41 PM
What is that, like 17 HD? No no no no no. He needs some Knight Rnger of Furmundy, Theurgic Mount, Holy Mount, Theurgic Bond (x2 to for both AnC and familiar progression?) and Devoted Tracker (Your familiar companion is now a Special Mount). Draconic Steed and pick up a Gold Dragon (if you'll allow the alignment), and Legacy Champ to mimic extra Archeir levels for max HD! :smallcool:

Thank Bifi, I'm not really qualified to handle bloodline, thanks for handling it! :smallbiggrin:

... my party would die sooooo hard.

Snowbluff
2012-08-24, 08:43 PM
... my party would die sooooo hard.

So... ridiculous enough yet?

PS: Side option, give Bind Vestige, Vow of Poverty and Shape Soulmeld to your original Build's AnC. Just for max lolz.

Roguenewb
2012-08-24, 08:45 PM
So... ridiculous enough yet?

PS: Side option, give Bind Vestige, Vow of Poverty and Shape Soulmeld to your original Build's AnC. Just for max lolz.

My Players would *have* no idea what was going on =) I might as well introduce a 4e character to the fight! And a Shadowrunner.

Snowbluff
2012-08-24, 08:47 PM
My Players would *have* no idea what was going on =) I might as well introduce a 4e character to the fight! And a Shadowrunner.

You said ridiculous? He said ridiculous right?

Flutterguy: I SOUND ridiculous!

Roguenewb
2012-08-24, 08:58 PM
Is there a feat that lets you undead wild shape besides that blighter class feature? Or anything that would turn your companion undead so you could spellstitch it?

KillianHawkeye
2012-08-24, 09:34 PM
How is undeath part of the cycle of life exactly? :smallconfused:

eggs
2012-08-24, 09:40 PM
It's like that old riddle "Which creature walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening, then gets up again at midnight to chow on some brains?"

Roguenewb
2012-08-24, 10:46 PM
How is undeath part of the cycle of life exactly? :smallconfused:

I didn't say he was sane.

KillianHawkeye
2012-08-25, 05:59 AM
I didn't say he was sane.

Neither did you say he was INsane. :smalltongue:

Sorry for having default settings.

Roguenewb
2012-08-25, 12:54 PM
Neither did you say he was INsane. :smalltongue:

Sorry for having default settings.

I could see a druid looking at life, death, and undeath as parts of three-part yin-yang relationship. Negative energy cannot exist without positive, and positive cannot function without negative, so they are all interconnected. Just because short-sighted druids and worshippers of foolish deities believe that the end of positive energy should simply be the end doesn't mean that this guy has to think so...