PDA

View Full Version : Seeking a picture for a storm themed banner

Kol Korran
2012-08-25, 11:59 AM
Hey folks, seeking some helpwith people who either have better google fu than I do, or have more knowledge of the fantasy art world.

In the coming adventure the party will find a special magical item- a banner of a certain theme, which might be expanded to a sail (It will be the main sail of their pirating boat, I hope) or a flag (In times of war and on land). I want to give the party an image of this banner, as it might become importantto the campaign.

I'll look through deviant art when I have more time, but I have often failed at such searches. Can you help me?

The Banner
The Banner might include some (though probably not all) of these themes:
- Storms. lightning, thunderm clouds and such are all good
- Dragons (of silvery, grey, white, or blue variations) preferably not an overt representation.
- Turmoil. (I know this one is vague, but I can't quite explain it better)
- Possibly with a hint of fiendish/ dark/ powerful feeling to it. Not a must.

Most important: The picture should be representive, not just a scene from something, but conveying a concept, most preferably one o the above.

The picture IS what is on the banner. (Not a character holding the banner) It can be of higher quality than mediveil paintings and the cliched style of coat of arms, but not photo quality.

Sorry for being such a nag about details and such, jut guidelines to my vision. It might become a center piece of the campaign.

(search word: piratewitch)

Beleriphon
2012-08-25, 03:09 PM
http://archive.gg.ca/heraldry/pub-reg/ProjectPics/iv241_19990036_badge_inderd.jpg

A tiger's paw erased Or embellished and grasping a lightning bolt Argent;

http://archive.gg.ca/heraldry/pub-reg/ProjectPics/iv189_19970087_badge_vincen.jpg

A quatrefoil Azure surmounting two lightning bolts in saltire Or;

Kol Korran
2012-08-28, 10:31 PM
Thanks, I've found a suitable picture. these are nice, but not quite what I was looking for. Thank you though!