PDA

View Full Version : Making a Goblin scout

Soladrin
2012-08-25, 08:58 PM
So, I'm making a goblin scout for an upcoming campaign. (this is for 3.5e and would like to keep the amount of supplements to a minimum)

I've got most of the level 1 stuff out of the way but, having no experience playing a scout before, I'm not sure where to go with my feats nor what to aim for with my characters progression.

Mind you, this is not for a powerplay but just for the fun of it. That said, I don't want to take useless stuff. :)

I'm going for the ranged approach by the way.

So yeah, any tips, ideas etc. would be much appreciated.

Frosty
2012-08-25, 09:44 PM
Do you actually want the Scout class or just someone who is good in the wilderness and can hide and do reconnaisance?

Soladrin
2012-08-25, 09:46 PM
I love the movement shenanigens scout gets. So yeah, I guess I do. :P

And if you're referring to rerolling to ranger, I don't like ranger, to much tree hugging going on there. :D

Coidzor
2012-08-25, 10:54 PM
Tree hugging? Are you sure you're not thinking of Druids? :smalltongue:

Have you heard of swift hunter? That should be of interest. If nothing else, the favored enemy allowing skirmish dice to work against normally immune creatures should be something to tempt you.

I know you want to keep supplements to a minimum, but could you grab from Dragon Mag?

Soladrin
2012-08-26, 04:00 PM
Depends on what it is I guess. :P

Dusk Eclipse
2012-08-26, 04:11 PM
Swift Hunter is a feat that let's you stack your Ranger and Scout levels for the purpose of determining your Skirmish bonus and your favoured enemy bonus and also letting you Skirmish your favoured enemies if they are normally immune to Precision damage, like undead and constucts.

Here is a Handbook if you are more interested in it (http://dictummortuum.blogspot.mx/2011/09/swift-hunters-handbook.html)

Coidzor
2012-08-26, 07:44 PM
Depends on what it is I guess. :P

Light Cavalry variant gives a special mount as paladin with a couple of the frills taken away in exchange for some movement & stealth abilities. Could give an in to get around the Scout errata if your DM uses it. I believe it's Dragon 346.

Roguenewb
2012-08-26, 07:54 PM
See if you can find a copy of Dragon Mag 336. Mystic Ranger/Scout as a Swift Hunter is really, really solid at being hyper mobile and packing a real archer punch. Arrowsplit FTW!