View Full Version : Ghosts and Warforged

Hyde
2012-08-26, 05:03 AM
This may apply specifically to Pathfinder ghosts- their touch attacks don't use negative energy, but instead deal damage through "supernatural aging".

How does this interact with a warforged's y'know, being a warforged?

Ravens_cry
2012-08-26, 05:17 AM
This may apply specifically to Pathfinder ghosts- their touch attacks don't use negative energy, but instead deal damage through "supernatural aging".

How does this interact with a warforged's y'know, being a warforged?

Are Warforged immune to supernatural aging (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/ghost)?
If not, just fluff as the wood getting dry and rotten, the metal corroding and rusting.

Hyde
2012-08-26, 05:18 AM
Makes sense to me.

Psyren
2012-08-26, 11:10 AM
Warforged can age (and suffer the appropriate penalties.) They are immortal, but that's not the same as being immune to aging.

Roguenewb
2012-08-26, 02:37 PM
Warforged can age (and suffer the appropriate penalties.) They are immortal, but that's not the same as being immune to aging.

Where does it give age categories for Warforged?

Fable Wright
2012-08-26, 03:49 PM

I remember a note in an Eberron book (Races of Eberron, I think) that they suffer Middle Age penalties after 200 years, and suffer no penalties after that, however long they live.

Hyde
2012-08-26, 11:12 PM
Right. I'm pretty sure the ghost's entry about having to be immune to supernatural aging is like that because hey, all of the races at the time died of old age.

And the warforged wouldn't have a tagline for an ability all of one monster has.

I'd say they need to shake the rules down into something that makes consistent sense, but 4th ed was damn boring because of it.

Oh well.

Tvtyrant
2012-08-26, 11:20 PM
I read the title and was hoping for some obscure ghostforged build :smallfrown:

Psyren
2012-08-26, 11:30 PM

ECS pg. 27. DMoD is correct, they suffer no penalties past Middle Aged.

Concerning "ghostforged" - I'm pretty sure there's a sort of "undead warforged" floating out there in some sourcebook, but it's corporeal and more like a robo-zombie than anything.

Hyde
2012-08-26, 11:37 PM
I had a homebrew Hellforged variant running around in a game I ran. he was pretty cool.

Tvtyrant
2012-08-27, 12:38 AM
ECS pg. 27. DMoD is correct, they suffer no penalties past Middle Aged.

Concerning "ghostforged" - I'm pretty sure there's a sort of "undead warforged" floating out there in some sourcebook, but it's corporeal and more like a robo-zombie than anything.

The Malforged or something like that, right? I suppose you could simply play a ghost of a warforged.

Psyren
2012-08-27, 12:59 AM
The Malforged or something like that, right? I suppose you could simply play a ghost of a warforged.

Some Google-aided triangulation jogged my memory - they're called Woeforged, but there's no stats for them - just a brief blurb in Forge of War.

My search also led me to this tidbit from RoE:

The Treaty of Thronehold gave Warforged their freedom, but only after great debate. House Cannith and Thrane argued ardently that warforged were not living creatures because they do not possess souls. Their evidence for this was that Warforged cannot become undead by any known method, not even ghosts or shadows.

Tvtyrant
2012-08-27, 01:02 AM
Some Google-aided triangulation jogged my memory - they're called Woeforged, but there's no stats for them - just a brief blurb in Forge of War.

My search also led me to this tidbit from RoE:

Thanks Psyren! Now I just need to go make some Woeforged...