PDA

View Full Version : Things I cannot find but would like to have

Talbot
2012-08-26, 12:48 PM
Ahoy playground, anybody know if any of the following exist?

1) Ways to get additional Marshal minor auras without taking more levels of Marshal (feats, ACFs, etc.)?

2) Ways to get Turn Undead without burning Class Levels?

3) Ways to get a second (or more) swift action per round?

4) Ways to meaningfully jack up AC using things besides class levels and actual armor (i.e., feats, magic items, etc.)?

5) I have a character with Spirit Sight, Scent, Blind-Fight, Nemesis, and a few other cool sensory tricks. Any good, relatively easy, ways to get additional extrasensory abilities to complement that?

limejuicepowder
2012-08-26, 01:03 PM
Ahoy playground, anybody know if any of the following exist?

1) Ways to get additional Marshal minor auras without taking more levels of Marshal (feats, ACFs, etc.)?

4) Ways to meaningfully jack up AC using things besides class levels and actual armor (i.e., feats, magic items, etc.)?

5) I have a character with Spirit Sight, Scent, Blind-Fight, Nemesis, and a few other cool sensory tricks. Any good, relatively easy, ways to get additional extrasensory abilities to complement that?

let's see....

2) extra turning feat gives +4 turn attempts, and can be taken multiple times Edit: sorry, read your question wrong. Nvm.

4) combat expertise can be used to trade attack bonus for defense. By itself it's not that great, but in conjunction with some combination of touch attacks (eldritch glaive or stormguard warrior's combat rhythm comes to mind), deadly defense (feat), or one of the few class abilities that work well with fighting defensively, it can be decent. There's also lots of spell/powers that increase defense

5) dip in to warlock can give the see the unseen, which is 24 hour darkvision and see invisibility

Glimbur
2012-08-26, 01:08 PM
3) This one is tricky. Ruby Knight Vindicator (also known as Windicator) can spend turn undead uses for extra swift actions. It's a Tome of Battle divine/martial class. Psionics lets you cheat the action economy in various ways, but I can't recall any of them that actually give an extra swift action.

4) There is Dodge, which is an awful feat. +1 natural armor or +1 protection is reasonably cheap in a magic item. The feat Shape Soulmeld: Wormtail belt gives +2 natural armor with the potential for more.

5) Again, there are a few options with Shape Soulmeld. You can get low light vision trivially and possibly other stuff too. The Blindfold of True Darkness from Magic Item Compendium is a blindfold that gives you blindsight within.... 30'? That sounds right.

VGLordR2
2012-08-26, 01:09 PM
You could take the feats God Touched and Divine Channeler to get Turn Undead. It's only once a day, and it's as a Cleric of half your level, but the only requirement for this is a patron deity. Both feats are in Dragon 305.

Devmaar
2012-08-26, 01:14 PM
I believe there is a domain which grants Turn Undead
If that is correct you can get it by taking the feat Planar Touchstone for the Catalogues of Enlightenment

Roguenewb
2012-08-26, 01:16 PM
1.) I have no idea how to do this. None.

2.) I can get Turn Undead on a Sorcerer 20. Go to your local copy of Dragon Compendium. Take Necromantic Bloodline, take Kin Mastery, you now get the ability to turn your bloodline 1/day, in this case Undead, so Turn Undead. By RAW you now qualify for Extra Turning. It's feat intensive, and probably not worth it, but there you go.

3.) The only way in all of 3.5 is the 7th level ability of Ruby Knight Vindicator. They can trade Turn Attempts for extra swift actions. The Epic Feat "Multispell" allows you cast more than one quickened spell in a turn, effectively granting an extra swift action for one particular use.

4.) Rings of Protection, Amulet of Natural Armor, there's an Ioun Stone, 5 ranks in Tumble makes defensive fighting better, and there's always the cheese fest that is defending weapons. I've got a +5 defending dagger in my left hand, and the same in my right, +5 defending armor spikes, and +5 defending shield spikes, I'm also wearing +5 defending gauntlets. That's +25 AC. It easier to do with Greater Magic Weapon to save on cost. Much to my distaste, doubling up on defending weapons that don't take hands is the corner stone of high AC builds, which drives me nuts. I've seen players on this forum argue that they can wear multiple suits of armor, each of which has armor spikes. You only get one armor bonus to AC, but the damn spikes ca apparently all defend.

5.) Get telepathy, then pick up Mindsight, it's the ultimate vision.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-08-26, 01:28 PM
I believe there is a domain which grants Turn Undead

Rebuke, and it's the necromancy(er?) domain from Dragonlance Campaign setting.

Randomguy
2012-08-26, 10:59 PM
If you take Bind Vestige and Improved Bind Vestige then you could bind a vestige that grants a bonus to natural armour equal to half your con mod. (You gain only that ability from the vestige, though). This is a pretty small bonus unless you have a very high constitution.

killianh
2012-08-26, 11:22 PM
1) nothing in print that I know of

2) A feat for casters lets you take on a domain power, and there is a domain from dragonlance that grants you it

3) belt of battle or RKV

4) Too many to list actually.

5) the feat touch sense beats everything. Including Darkstalker

Snowbluff
2012-08-26, 11:25 PM
3) Swiftblade9 gives you a standard action... Kinda cost heavy though.

Talbot
2012-08-27, 01:39 AM
2) A feat for casters lets you take on a domain power, and there is a domain from dragonlance that grants you it

5) the feat touch sense beats everything. Including Darkstalker

Where can I find these?

killianh
2012-08-27, 01:50 AM
Where can I find these?

I remember the sorcerer ACF that grants the domain power, but I forget the name of the feat. The domain itself is in the core dragonlance setting book

I screwed up calling it touch sense. There is a feat (completely forget the name) that allows you to use the psionic power touchsight at all time though. I remembered it usually just being referred to as a feat though because of the combo.

Sorry I can't be more helpful

TuggyNE
2012-08-27, 04:00 AM
I screwed up calling it touch sense. There is a feat (completely forget the name) that allows you to use the psionic power touchsight at all time though. I remembered it usually just being referred to as a feat though because of the combo.

I wanna say it's Mindsight, maybe from Lords of Madness? Requires always-on telepathy.

Darrin
2012-08-27, 06:24 AM

Cunning Brilliance, Factotum 19?

As has already been mentioned:

Necromantic Bloodline + Kin Mastery (Dragon Compendium)
God-Touched + Divine Channeler (Dragon Magazine #305)
Planar Touchstone + Sun domain (Dragonlance Campaign Setting)

Also: Shroudcrown in Player's Guide to Faerun, wearer can turn undead as a 10th level cleric. Not cheap, though: 113,600 GP.

RKV's Divine Impetus has already been mentioned, but also Synad: 1/day, gets a second mental-only swift action.

Law Devotion and Shape Soulmeld: Wormtail Belt are probably the best feat-wise. Lesser Crystal of Deflection (2500, MIC) is a fantastic bargain, +5 untyped bonus to AC against *all* ranged attacks. Put that on an animated shield to keep your hands free. If money is no object, then grafts are nice. Chitin Plating (Lords of Madness p. 216) = 4000 GP x (AC bonus squared).

Mindsight (from Lords of Madness) has already been mentioned, and yes, it requires telepathy. The easist way to get that is a dip into Mindbender if you're a caster, otherwise dip into a psionic class for the mind link power, or pick up a psicrystal with the Psicrystal Affinity feat. You can also pick up mind link with the Hidden Talent feat (XPH p. 67). If you're doing more psionic stuff, the touchsight power is very nifty, but it's a 3rd level power, which is difficult to pick up with just a dip or some feats.

Other than that... the Lifesense feat (Libris Mortis) could be useful, but it's tricky to get. Not having a Con score is required (why, hello Necropolitan!).

The Soulsight feat (Magic of Incarnum) is similar to Lifesense, but the range sucks monkeysnot. Even if you're a 20th-level meldshaper, you have to lock essentia into it for an entire day for 5' per essentia.

If you already have Blindfight, it may be worth it to pick up Mage Slayer and Pierce Magical Concealment (particularly if you don't have any caster levels to worry about).

Blindsight is always nice to have. Blindfold of True Darkness (9000 GP, MIC), Blindsight 5' (Sword & Fist), or Devil's Favor + Devil's Sight (Fiendish Codex II, limited uses per day).

Draz74
2012-08-27, 02:21 PM
You can also get telepathy via two feats: Shape Soulmeld (Shedu Crown) and Open Lesser (?) Chakra.