PDA

View Full Version : Size matters...

Kerilstrasz
2012-08-26, 02:40 PM
Hello there..
I d like to know how you can determine size of an object...
obviously for creatures there is an entry in MMs...
but how about objects...
we are talking about volume so its going to be either a measurement of cub.feet
or by the less accurate 5f squares..
so.. is there a table like from this cub.feet to this cub.feet is huge??

plz point some books and page or any other D&D 3/3,5 official matterial

theUnearther
2012-08-26, 03:09 PM
In general, there is no such thing. Depending on what you want the sizes for, an answer may be arranged.
The "goods and services" tables at the end of the Dungeon Master's Guide include weight for almost all items, but generally not size. Ships do come with "this is so wide and so long" entries, and thus I guess the ones in Stormwrack will too.
Also the entry on weapons specifies that a light weapon is two sizes smaller than its (intended) user. A one-handed weapon is one size smaller, and a two-handed weapon is the same size.

Those are all I can think of right now.

Urpriest
2012-08-26, 05:10 PM
I'd generally suggest using the maximum length guidelines that are used for creatures, but I don't have a direct reference that that's what you're supposed to use.

Kerilstrasz
2012-08-27, 09:23 AM
i ll think i ll try to make up a table using Armors and equipment guide..
vehicle section...
at each vehicle description the is the size and also its dimensions...
there are enough examples to get at least an average scale...
if and when im done with this i ll post it here for any that may concerns.

Kerilstrasz
2012-08-28, 05:41 AM
as it seems every "type of object" has its own size scaling patern...
water vehicles tend to be be much larger that air vehicles while falling under the
same size category..

for example a huge water vehicle has about the same volume as a colossal air vehicle , while a large air vehicle has about the same volume as a huge land vehicle...
damn..
same is true for any other "object category".. as it seems , although size should
be a reference to the objects volume, it is in fact an average estimation of its theoretical dimensions as a ingame human sees it and compare it to himself...

for example a large creature is estimate to be a human of double size...
a small object is considered to be a chair...

so.. in conclusion there ultimate problem's root isnt that there is not table with
numbers,
cause every size "is considered" to be....