PDA

View Full Version : No, I am not a Werewolf, an ancestor was, though. [3.5, Template, PEACH]

Sgt. Cookie
2012-08-26, 05:09 PM
Before anyone says anything, yes I'm well aware that Quasilycanthrope exists. But really, that's just DR/10 silver, and fangs/normal teeth (Purely cosmetic) at will (Not litteraly, but essentaly).

Lycanblood

There are some people in this world who are born with a touch of lycanthropic blood, remenants of an ancestor who long ago bore the ability to assume animal form. While the Lycanblood lacks his ancestor's shape changing prowess, he does have the ability to assume his ancestor's form for a short time.

Creating a Lycanblood

Lycanblood is an inherited templace that can be added to any Humanoid or Giant (Or any other type that can become Lycanthropes) refered to hereafter as the Base Creature.

A Lycanblood uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here:

Size and Type:
The Lycanblood's size remains unchanged. The Base Creature gains the Lycantouched subtype (Details below).

Speed:
Same as base creature.

Armour Class:
The Lycanblood gains a +1 natural armour bonus in any form.

Attack:
Natural attack (See Special Qualities)

Special qualities:

Alternate form (Su):
At character creation, the Lycanblood may choose any animal with 3hd or less, that is within one size catagory of the base creature.

For a number of minutes each hour equal to the Lycanblood's HD, the Lycanblood may turn into the animal, as per the polymorph spell, although equipment is unaffected. The Lycanblood may split up these minutes as he wants, though the time must be spent in one minute increments.

Changing form is a standard action.

Fast healing (Su): Instead of transforming into animal form, a Lycanblood may instead grant himself fast healing equal to half his HD, for a number of minuites equal to his full HD each hour, like his Alternate form ability above.

Like his alternate form ability, the Lycanblood may split up these minutes as he wants, though the time must be spent in one minute increments.

The Lycanblood may split up these minutes between his animal form and fast healing as he sees fit.

Slight transformation (Su):
At will a Lycanblood can transform himself slightly into his animal form, turning his hands into claws, giving himself fangs or tusks, etc, and grant himself a natural attack.

The Lycanblood gains a primary Claw, Bite, Gore, etc, attack, dependent on what sort of natural attack his animal form gains.

The Lycanblood lacks the ability to "hybridise" his forms, as a result whatever the Lycanblood transforms, the transformed part is rendered unuseable as a humanoid part. For example, hands cannot manipulate things finely, he couldn't speak intelligibly, etc.

Scent (Ex): While in animal form, the Lycanblood gains the Scent special ability.

Minor Scent (Ex): While in Humanoid form, the Lycanblood gains Scent out to five feet. While this is not as useful in finding hidden or invisible opponents, he can still track using smell or recognise people by their smell.

Abilities: As Base Creature

Skills: As Base Creature

Challenge rating:
+1

Level Adjustment:
+1

Lycantouched Subtype:
If a creature possesses the Lycantouched subtype, it has a strong connection to Lycanthropes which means that spells, effects, powers, and abilities that affect or target Lycanthropes also affects it.

The subtype qualifies a creature to use magic items normally only usable by
Lycanthropes and qualifies the creature to take feats that have "Lycanthrope" as a prerequiste. The Lycantouched subtype also makes creatures subject to harmful effects that affect Lycanthropes.

The Lycantouched subtype does not confer the Lycanthrope template or any traits associated with that template.

Lycanthropes automatically qualify for any classes, prestige classes, racial substitution levels, feats, powers, or spells that require the Lycantouched subtype subtype.

Immunity to Lycanthropy: A creature with the Lycantouched subtype cannot possess the Lycanthrope template, either as an acquired or inherited template. As a result, they are immune to the Curse Of Lycanthropy ability of Lycanthropes.

Saidoro
2012-08-26, 05:44 PM
Erg. Not nearly strong enough for a +1 LA, but at +0 it would be something for nothing. I would either give it more goodies or give it weaknesses. Maybe tack on a couple natural weapons or trade out the silver vulnerability for a silver weakness. Or perhaps add fast healing, fluff it as a lesser version of changing back into their base form a la Dresden Files werewolves.
Also, the second paragraph in alternate form should read more like this:
For a number of minutes each hour equal to the Lycanblood's HD, the Lycanblood may turn into the animal, as per the polymorph spell. The Lycanblood may split up these minutes as he wants, though the time must be spent in one minute increments.
I got rid of the gear is not affected line because I wasn't sure why is was there. Feel free to add it back in if it's important to the concept.

Tanuki Tales
2012-08-26, 06:02 PM
Eh...I'd say +1 CR if HD is 3 or less, +0 if 4 or more.

And you'll want to clarify the Alternate Form ability; I'm sure you didn't intend them to turn into Gnolls, Pseudodragons or Imps.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-08-26, 06:26 PM
@Saidoro:

I was thinking about a hybrid form like ability.

How about this:

"At will a Lycanblood can transform his hands or teeth (Or similar transformation, depending on the animal type choice) and gain a natural attack, as a regular Lycanthrope would gain in hybrid form."

That is a better paragraph, thank you. The equipment thing is a holdout from the actual Lycanthrope template.

@ Troll Braü: I did mean to write animal, I was a little distracted at the time.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-08-27, 08:45 AM
UPDATE:

Gave it a +1 natural armour bonus.

Alternate form wording has been cleared up.

Damage reduction has been changed to fast healing.

Gave it the Slight Transformation ability.

Cleared up the Lycantouched subtype and added in an ability.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-08-28, 03:27 PM
Anyone any suggestions, critique or pointing out glaring issues?