PDA

View Full Version : Entry into Deepwarden

Essence_of_War
2012-08-27, 10:13 AM
I was toying around with a dwarf totemist, and I thought that it might really like a dip into Deepwarden to pick up Con to AC.

I'm already planning to take Endurance + Steadfast Determination, so that meets the feat pre-req, but I'm having trouble meeting some of the skill prereqs before 10th level, and I'd like to take the Deepwarden whenever I can meet the BAB requirements (ideally for my 8th character level).

Notably, none of:
1) Dwarf Paragon
2) Incarnate
3) Barbarian
4) Fighter
5) Crusader
6) Warblade
have heal as a class skill, and are perfectly good, dippable classes.

Cleric obviously does, (and the merits of a 1-level cleric dip have spawned a thread of their own! (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2773)), and Ranger does as well. I could do the Cleric dip I suppose, but it doesn't feel very elegant, and although the Ranger would work also, I feel like I'm wasting one of the two Deepwarden class features I'm there for (track) by taking the Ranger dip.

Am I missing any other, preferably full BAB or useful-class-feature-granting, options to get the necessary heal ranks by ECL 8?

Starbuck_II
2012-08-27, 10:41 AM
I was toying around with a dwarf totemist, and I thought that it might really like a dip into Deepwarden to pick up Con to AC.

I'm already planning to take Endurance + Steadfast Determination, so that meets the feat pre-req, but I'm having trouble meeting some of the skill prereqs before 10th level, and I'd like to take the Deepwarden whenever I can meet the BAB requirements (ideally for my 8th character level).

Notably, none of:
1) Dwarf Paragon
2) Incarnate
3) Barbarian
4) Fighter
5) Crusader
6) Warblade
have heal as a class skill, and are perfectly good, dippable classes.

Cleric obviously does, (and the merits of a 1-level cleric dip have spawned a thread of their own! (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2773)), and Ranger does as well. I could do the Cleric dip I suppose, but it doesn't feel very elegant, and although the Ranger would work also, I feel like I'm wasting one of the two Deepwarden class features I'm there for (track) by taking the Ranger dip.

Am I missing any other, preferably full BAB or useful-class-feature-granting, options to get the necessary heal ranks by ECL 8?

Scouts get the skill bonus, but not the BAB.

eggs
2012-08-27, 10:56 AM
If you swap the Ranger's Track out for Trapfinding (per dungeonscape), it can double as a respectable skillmonkey.

Gandariel
2012-08-27, 12:00 PM
How about you go with ranger and swap away Track for something else?

Essence_of_War
2012-08-27, 01:33 PM
Ranger ACF! Of course, thanks folks! :smallbiggrin: