PDA

View Full Version : Stacking Rules Question

Kansaschaser
2012-08-27, 10:33 AM
A long time ago I saw in the "Power of 100" that someone used Giallon's Blessing and Fuse Arms to give themselves an untyped bonus to Strength.

Can multiple castings of Girallon's Blessing give you even more arms? That way they can gain even more bonuses from Fuse Arms?

Zdrak
2012-08-27, 10:42 AM
The spell's text addresses this:
the size of the subject limits the number of pairs of additional arms it can have: one for Small, two for Medium-size, three for Large, or four for a Huge or larger creature.Seems pretty clear to me. Multiple castings can grow additional arms, up to the specified maximum.

Kansaschaser
2012-08-27, 10:48 AM
So, I can cast Girallon's Blessing and then Fuse Arms to give myself a +4 untyped Strength bonus.

Then, I could cast Girallon's Blessing and then Fuse Arms again to give myself another +4 untyped Strength bonus for a total of +8?

Could this cycle be repeated over and over again for a massive Strength bonus, if even for a limited time?

Zdrak
2012-08-27, 10:50 AM
Not really. Bonuses from the same source (such as repeated casting of the same spell) never stack, it's spelled quite clearly in the PHB and SRD.

Even if they are untyped.

Kansaschaser
2012-08-27, 11:05 AM
So the best bonus you can get from this combo is +8 for Medium sized creatures or +12 for Large creatures?

As a Medium creature, you get 2 pairs of extra arms, then fuse them for a +8 bonus.

As a Large creature, you get 3 pairs of extra arms, then fuse them for a +12 bonus.

Is this correct?

Zdrak
2012-08-27, 11:22 AM
So the best bonus you can get from this combo is +8 for Medium sized creatures or +12 for Large creatures?

As a Medium creature, you get 2 pairs of extra arms, then fuse them for a +8 bonus.

As a Large creature, you get 3 pairs of extra arms, then fuse them for a +12 bonus.

Is this correct?

Yup, that seems about right.

Kansaschaser
2012-08-27, 11:29 AM
Yup, that seems about right.

Thanks for the help/clarification. :smallbiggrin:

Devmaar
2012-08-27, 02:42 PM
Is there any reason you couldn't cast Girallon Arms and then Arms of Plenty before using Fuse Arms for +8 Str?

Kansaschaser
2012-08-27, 03:18 PM
Is there any reason you couldn't cast Girallon Arms and then Arms of Plenty before using Fuse Arms for +8 Str?

Arms of what-now? :smallconfused: Is that another spell? If so, what book or supplement is it listed in?

theUnearther
2012-08-27, 05:07 PM
Google says it's from Lords of Madness. Beware that the arms will be ugly and whatnot.

Devmaar
2012-08-27, 07:37 PM
Arms of what-now? :smallconfused: Is that another spell? If so, what book or supplement is it listed in?

From Lords of Madness, grants two arms with claw attacks