PDA

View Full Version : [MLP:FiM] Bridles Shores Library/Downtown thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mystic Muse
2012-08-27, 11:56 AM
The Town of Bridle Shores

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/PonyRPbanner1.png

Far to the west of Canterlot, further still even from Ponyville, a quiet little town is quickly springing up near a large lake.

This is Bridle Shores, situated along a large lake with a natural beach. Not far from town is Mt. Trotia, with a waterfall that feeds into the lake. The town is surrounded by a lush forest which the ponies of the town both use and nurture with delicate balance.

A small business district has started to grow, with a bakery, Dress shop, Grill, Greenhouse, Dojo, Saw mill, snow cone stand, dance academy, and even a soda bar popping up for the citizens of the town.They are also experimenting with new technology such as Floppy Disk’s computer shack or the Doctor's friendship harnessing lab. In addition, there's a farm and a wizard's tower on the outskirts of the town.

Much of the forest is quiet and peaceful, but deeper within the forest lurks creatures far more dangerous…

-------------------------------------------------------------
Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10623949#post10623949)

Mane Pony Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191743&page=19)

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195043)

Locations Covered in this Thread.

Soft Serve's Soda Bar: Soft's Bar is her dream business. The bar exclusively serves soft drinks and has almost any drink you can think of. If she doesn't have it, she'll find a way to make it.

Mount Trotia: Mount Trotia is the mountain range near Bridle Shores. Ponies rarely go there and as a consequence, not much is known about them.

Public Library: The Dragon's library, a place that has been fixed up by Smoothie, is also currently being run by her. You can often find her at the front desk. It's suspected that she's cast about a dozen different spells to modify the place to her liking at this point.

Nightclub: Description to come once it actually opens.

School: It's a school.:smalltongue:

Karaoke club: description to come once it actually opens.

Please list which location your character is currently at to make this flow as smoothly as possible.

Mystic Muse
2012-08-27, 12:08 PM
Soft Serve's bar.

Put in those terms...It came to Foxglove as the story opposite her own life. But she didn't see it as a bad choice: she'd often wanted to have done the opposite.

"...Please. Do."

She said, a weak smile on her face. The words sort of failed her.

"I don't think this town'll be what it was. You'll take a bit of the world with you."

"I'll do my best to come back, I promise." Soft says, hugging Foxglove a little tighter.

Snickers smiles sadly. "Yeah, can't argue with family. We hate to see you go, but we don't fault you for it or anything."

At Foxglove's comments, Snickers grins. "This town will never be what it was, thanks to her. Do you remember the pie? And the all the zany things that happened when people drank Soft Serves? We had a blizzard, for Luna's sake!" he says with a playful grin.

"Yeah. I've always said that my alignment is "Chaotic Fun." Soft says with a grin. "Maybe you guys could try to hang out with Smoothie sometime. I doubt her having more friends would be a bad thing after all." Soft says to both of them.

"That's what I mean...That's what the town is."

Foxglove said, a little smile at the reminiscence of all these crazy antics. Of course, that raised several interesting thoughts at once, and one of them worked their way front.

"...I never had a Soft Serve, you know that?"

"...We could fix that if you want." Soft says. She never passes up a chance to give her friend/s her favorite drink.

Deme
2012-08-27, 11:21 PM
"...Well..."

What was the harm?
Even Foxglove knew that was a dangerous thing to ask.

"Ok."

Lycan 01
2012-08-28, 08:41 AM
Snickers blinks a few times. He has no idea how to feel about this. It may prove amusing, or it may prove catastrophic. Whatever the outcome, it promises to be... interesting.

Mystic Muse
2012-08-29, 01:26 AM
Soft decided that it was indeed time to fix that. She went into the back as usual, there was the traditional "BOOOM" and she came back out with the strange drink, no worse for the wear. "Here you go." she says cheerfully as she handed over the drink, which had a straw in it too.

Deme
2012-08-30, 09:14 PM
Foxglove took a sip. Her mane came untied.

At this point, the first flowers started blooming. She kept drinking. More flowers. And there seemed to be the sounds of a few pets outside. And birds. And maybe an insect or two entering the bar, little butterflies dancing around the circle of violets and wildflowers.

And then she drank more, and it became clear that the woods and surrounding areas were starting to empty out and clamor around the bar, which was now a fragrant meadow of foxgloves. The mob scratched at the door.

"...Like infinity."

She muttered, tasting the words sparking on her tongue.

Lycan 01
2012-08-30, 09:23 PM
Snickers stares at a luna moth as it flutters past him. "But those are nocturnal..." he quietly mutters to himself.

Mystic Muse
2012-08-30, 09:33 PM
"Ponies can do things that would normally be impossible under the influence of that drink...Which can mean rather bad things if given to the right pony at the wrong time." Soft says, remembering the panic when her sister turned the Moon blue the one time.

Deme
2012-08-31, 09:56 AM
Foxglove looked like she was in some sort of fugue state as she walked to the door and opened it, letting the animals in. There were creatures of all shapes and sizes, from a bear that had to squeeze through the door to tiny mice, and also including several less savory creatures like snakes and frogs. They all came into the room, climbing onto every available surface, and clustering around her like they were worshipping a goddess.

A goddess who commented, after staring very carefully at a foxglove plant and petting her pet Foxglove fondly, commented,

"...I don't see what the big fuss about it is about."

Lycan 01
2012-08-31, 09:59 AM
Snickers slowly looks up at the goose perched on top of his head. "So, uh, how long do these effects usually last, exactly?" he quietly asks Soft Serve. The way the goose was staring down at him was making him nervous.

Mystic Muse
2012-08-31, 12:02 PM
Snickers slowly looks up at the goose perched on top of his head. "So, uh, how long do these effects usually last, exactly?" he quietly asks Soft Serve. The way the goose was staring down at him was making him nervous.

"Usually only a couple minutes. Can be up to several days, but I doubt it will be in this case." Soft says to him.

Deme
2012-09-01, 07:54 PM
The goose honked. Foxglove happily drifted along greeting and petting everyone, including several puzzled-looking snakes.

"It looks like everyone else came to wish you goodbye, too."

Foxglove the fox looked at Soft Serve in a way that made evident that this was strictly untrue. Foxglove the pony shook the glass of Soft Serve.

"I wonder if they'd like some..."

Given that these were wild animals held together purely by the aura de Foxglove^10th, this probably is unwise.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-03, 12:35 AM
The group of ponies, and a dragon, arrived at the library.

The goose honked. Foxglove happily drifted along greeting and petting everyone, including several puzzled-looking snakes.

"It looks like everyone else came to wish you goodbye, too."

Foxglove the fox looked at Soft Serve in a way that made evident that this was strictly untrue. Foxglove the pony shook the glass of Soft Serve.

"I wonder if they'd like some..."

Given that these were wild animals held together purely by the aura de Foxglove^10th, this probably is unwise.

"Probably not a good idea. I don't know what my drink does to animals." Soft says, knowing Foxglove wouldn't want to hurt her animal friends, and she genuinely didn't know what it would do to animals.

Lycan 01
2012-09-03, 12:55 AM
Snicks nods thoughtfully. "Yeah, better safe than sorry."

A hummingbird zips up, and lands on his nose. "Cute."

Benson
2012-09-04, 01:11 AM
The Library

Scene Change

And before them was the library, north on the outskirts of town. Its bigger on the inside than the outside.

"Oooh..." Cadmium noised as she and the group made their way to the library. It was kinda plainish on the outside, but twas the inside that matter more. But it, on the outside looked like a regular building, nothing that unique looking on the outside, so I recall from past descriptions of it.

Deme
2012-09-04, 07:49 AM
Snicks nods thoughtfully. "Yeah, better safe than sorry."

A hummingbird zips up, and lands on his nose. "Cute."

"Oh, alright."

She finished the drink, humming as she went. It was a hum with power -- it took you gently by the hand and brought you *home*.

...It also brought home the kraken, which lifted the bar off its foundation and looked down inside. It had taken it a while to get out of the lake and come here to see this.

"Hallo, sleeper of the deeps."

Foxglove said, her voice cool and unsurprised. It was possible this was making her loopier.

Lycan 01
2012-09-04, 07:58 AM
Snickers channels his inner Liam Neeson and bellows "RELEASE THE KRAKEN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SqC_m3yUDU)!!"

Snickers lets out a small yelp, and promptly latches on to Foxglove, hugging her tightly out of complete and utter terror. "Foxglove why is there a Kraken."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-04, 11:33 AM
Foxglove said, her voice cool and unsurprised. It was possible this was making her loopier.

Foxglove being loopier? NOT POSSIBLE.

Soft had decided to try and reach the highest ground possible to avoid the Kraken.

Unfortunately, she had chosen the top of Snickers head as her "Safe" spot.

The Library

Scene Change

And before them was the library, north on the outskirts of town. Its bigger on the inside than the outside.

"Oooh..." Cadmium noised as she and the group made their way to the library. It was kinda plainish on the outside, but twas the inside that matter more. But it, on the outside looked like a regular building, nothing that unique looking on the outside, so I recall from past descriptions of it.

Sunny held the door to the library open for everypony.

sildra45
2012-09-04, 01:04 PM
Flare nodded to Sunny, then gingerly entered through the opened door, looking about as he did so.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-04, 04:41 PM
Smoothie waves to the group, and points to the sign that says "Library. Keep your voice down, or the bat will eat you."

Umbra was flying around, eating random bugs that popped in every so often.

PurityIcekiller
2012-09-04, 10:49 PM
[Voile The Magic Library]

Flower Tail nodded to Smoothie. "You lot can look around a bit," she whispered. "I'm going to find some spellbooks."

Benson
2012-09-04, 11:32 PM
"Hauh...this is nice," Cadmium softly commented as she walked inside. Much bigger on the inside than the outside, yep.

sildra45
2012-09-05, 01:30 AM
Flare turned to Smoothie.

"Um...ma'am, would you be the one called Smoothie?"

Mystic Muse
2012-09-05, 01:35 AM
Flare turned to Smoothie.

"Um...ma'am, would you be the one called Smoothie?"

"Yes, I would be her indeed. Is there some particular reason you would be seeking me out?" she asks, keeping her voice quiet.

Umbra, meanwhile, decides the dragon's head is a good place to land.

Sunny decides that, after she holds the door for everypony to go in, she should glomp Smoothie.

"Sunny, what have I said about hugs?"

"Don't be silly. Everypony needs hugs."

Smoothie sighs. "Fine."

sildra45
2012-09-05, 01:47 AM
"Yes, I would be her indeed. Is there some particular reason you would be seeking me out?" she asks, keeping her voice quiet.

Umbra, meanwhile, decides the dragon's head is a good place to land.

Sunny decides that, after she holds the door for everypony to go in, she should glomp Smoothie.

"Sunny, what have I said about hugs?"

"Don't be silly. Everypony needs hugs."

Smoothie sighs. "Fine."

Flare gave the bad a glance, smiling for a moment before responding.

"I...I'd like to know if...there is room here for a dragon to live...a dragon seeking tutulage in the magical arts...one that can't harness his own magic very well except in fire."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-05, 01:59 AM
Flare gave the bad a glance, smiling for a moment before responding.

"I...I'd like to know if...there is room here for a dragon to live...a dragon seeking tutulage in the magical arts...one that can't harness his own magic very well except in fire."

Smoothie sighed. Her life was becoming significantly more complex than she desired. "We can talk about it after the library closes. I'm not making any promises right now." she already had to hang out with her friends, create a body and transfer Shale's soul, Gain phenomenal cosmic power, hang out more often with her dad, deal with her sister moving away, attend to her own studies, and find out more about the pony who created Shale. Having what amounted to a roommate, especially one she couldn't begin to afford to give anything more than a bedroom, was not the best idea.

sildra45
2012-09-05, 02:20 AM
"If...if it's money you are worried about, I can bring in my own share with my smithing arts. That's one good thing about my fire. It lets me mold metals."

Hmm. Clairvoyancy? Naw. Just his writer being convenient. :smallwink:.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-05, 02:29 AM
"If...if it's money you are worried about, I can bring in my own share with my smithing arts. That's one good thing about my fire. It lets me mold metals."

Hmm. Clairvoyancy? Naw. Just his writer being convenient. :smallwink:.

"Well, that certainly helps, but it's not Just that. We can talk about this a bit more after the library officially closes. Right now, ponies are keeping me busy."

As if to confirm Smoothie's comment, a random pony pops up and asks her for a book.

"I'm sorry, but do you have the Twilight series by chance?"

"Second Floor, Shelf in the far back. Only have one copy of each, but I don't recall anypony checking them out, so you'll probably find all four."

"Thanks. Uh, would you suggest any particular books by chance?"

"I've heard good things about the Dresden files, which are over on that shelf over there." she says, pointing to the first visible shelf on the right. "We only have the first four."

"Alright, thanks." the pony says, and goes on her merry way to find books.

sildra45
2012-09-05, 09:02 PM
Flare nodded to Smoothie and searched for a place to wait, looking about him at the library and all the books it contained. Noticing one about dragons, he picked it up and opened it gently, making certain his claws did no damage to the book. He made something of a silly sight, as the cover had a much nastier looking dragon on it breathing orange flames over a forest, and here was a dragon reading it and treating it gently.

Deme
2012-09-05, 09:16 PM
Foxglove being loopier? NOT POSSIBLE.

Soft had decided to try and reach the highest ground possible to avoid the Kraken.

Unfortunately, she had chosen the top of Snickers head as her "Safe" spot.

The Kraken looked puzzled and extended a tentacle into the building. Foxglove, a faint song radiating off her body almost, started climbing up it...

Dragging the wobbling tower of nervous ponies with her.

"...So close to the ceiling..."

She commented, looking up at the sky. She turned to her stacked and clinging companions.

"It's not a real ceiling, but at this height...I feel like it could be. The top half of the world's shell."

Lycan 01
2012-09-05, 09:21 PM
"The offer to go flying is still on the table," Snickers squeaks, hanging on to her for dear life, while trying to maintain his balance with Soft teetering atop his scalp. "I can take you up there at some point. Maybe even see if we can find somepony to cast the Cloud Walker spell on you, to let non-pegasi walk on the clouds. Or something. I'm sure somepony can do that."

He looks up at Soft. "Can Smoothie do that? Also can you teleport? I don't think I can carry both of you if we fall..."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-05, 10:02 PM
"The offer to go flying is still on the table," Snickers squeaks, hanging on to her for dear life, while trying to maintain his balance with Soft teetering atop his scalp. "I can take you up there at some point. Maybe even see if we can find somepony to cast the Cloud Walker spell on you, to let non-pegasi walk on the clouds. Or something. I'm sure somepony can do that."

He looks up at Soft. "Can Smoothie do that? Also can you teleport? I don't think I can carry both of you if we fall..."

"I'm pretty sure she can. And yes, I can teleport." Soft responds to Snickers. "Really, I'd be surprised if she didn't know a spell as common as that. She knows really obscure stuff." Soft says.

Benson
2012-09-06, 12:29 AM
Library-Edge of Town

Cadmium was there, doing something. Frankly I have nothing for her. She's in a lounge I guess, flipping through a magazine.

Deme
2012-09-06, 10:19 PM
"Mmm...If the clouds walked on me..."

She muttered. Then a very sad and lonely look crossed her face, causing the kraken to shift a tentacle to see her closer. She stared off the edge despondantly.

"...The worst thing about everything changing is it all stays the same."

She pronounced.

Lycan 01
2012-09-07, 07:44 AM
Snickers ponders the meaning of her words. "Well... You'd still be a unicorn, and the cloud walking would only be temporary, yes. But..."

He looks up at Soft. "Hypothetically, could Smoothie enchant a necklace or something with the cloud-walking spell? Or teach just it to Foxglove?"

Poor Snickers, missing the point as usual. But at least his heart is in the right place.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-07, 12:02 PM
"Hypothetically, yes she could. Whether she would do the necklace or not depends on her mood at the time." Soft tells them.

Lycan 01
2012-09-07, 12:03 PM
Snickers grins. "Does she like cookies?"

Mystic Muse
2012-09-07, 12:13 PM
Snickers grins. "Does she like cookies?"

"A little. Not all that much though." Soft responds to Snicker's query.

Lycan 01
2012-09-07, 12:15 PM
"Muffins? Apple Turnovers? Blueberry scones? Dark baking sorcery? Banana nut bread?" Snickers asks, genuinely unsure of which of those things Smoothie might like. He knows next to nothing about her.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-07, 12:16 PM
"Muffins? Apple Turnovers? Blueberry scones? Dark baking sorcery? Banana nut bread?" Snickers asks, genuinely unsure of which of those things Smoothie might like. He knows next to nothing about her.

"Maybe to the second and first, definitely not to the last three. The only thing I know for sure she likes at all times is deep fried mushroom." Soft says.

Deme
2012-09-07, 11:06 PM
She shook her head and smiled, sadly.
"...Put us down, Mister Kraken....You can go."

The animals seemed to retreat at once, and she watched them quietly.

"...Thank you, but it's OK, Snickers..."

She said. She looked at Soft a long time and, as the flowers began to fade, nodded quietly, as if to herself.

"...It'll just...Have to be."

Lycan 01
2012-09-08, 05:23 AM
For a moment, Snickers doesn't say anything. Finally, the pegasus lets out a small whisper. "That was a Kraken."

Snickers hasn't let go of Foxglove yet, since they just got back down to safety. But when he listens to her words and sees the way she's looking at Soft, he smiles sadly and tightens his grip around Foxglove, giving the unicorn a comforting hug.

While still hugging Foxglove, he looks over (or up, if she hasn't scampered down yet) to Soft. "Say... if you don't mind my asking, how far can you teleport?" he quietly asks.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-08, 07:47 AM
For a moment, Snickers doesn't say anything. Finally, the pegasus lets out a small whisper. "That was a Kraken."

Snickers hasn't let go of Foxglove yet, since they just got back down to safety. But when he listens to her words and sees the way she's looking at Soft, he smiles sadly and tightens his grip around Foxglove, giving the unicorn a comforting hug.

While still hugging Foxglove, he looks over (or up, if she hasn't scampered down yet) to Soft. "Say... if you don't mind my asking, how far can you teleport?" he quietly asks.

"From about here to Ponyville. Why?" Soft asks.

Lycan 01
2012-09-08, 08:14 AM
Snickers gives a small shrug of his wings. "Just trying to think of ways you could easily visit. But teleporting that far would probably leave you pretty worn out..." he mutters.

sildra45
2012-09-08, 11:20 PM
Flare continued to read the book, sometimes putting a claw over his muzzle as if something about the book was funny.

[not sure what to post really yet unless somepony wants to interact with the dragon]

Mystic Muse
2012-09-08, 11:22 PM
Flare continued to read the book, sometimes putting a claw over his muzzle as if something about the book was funny.

[not sure what to post really yet unless somepony wants to interact with the dragon]

"Something wrong?" Smoothie asked, finding the dragon's expressions peculiar at best.

sildra45
2012-09-08, 11:25 PM
"Something wrong?" Smoothie asked, finding the dragon's expressions peculiar at best.

"Wrong? Oh no. I just think the author of this book on the dragons of Equestria never actually met one. Many of the 'facts' are so far off as to make me laugh."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-08, 11:28 PM
"Wrong? Oh no. I just think the author of this book on the dragons of Equestria never actually met one. Many of the 'facts' are so far off as to make me laugh."

"Mind if I take a look at the author really quick?" Smoothie asks the friendly dragon.

sildra45
2012-09-08, 11:32 PM
"Mind if I take a look at the author really quick?" Smoothie asks the friendly dragon.

"Certainly!"

The author was one "I.K. Diddly", and the date was faded, but some of the references were without a doubt from before the migration to Equestria.

Deme
2012-09-09, 10:00 PM
Snickers gives a small shrug of his wings. "Just trying to think of ways you could easily visit. But teleporting that far would probably leave you pretty worn out..." he mutters.

"...I can hear you, You're in my ear,"

She commented. She seemed to give it some thought... And proposed:

"Carrier Pigeons. We're working on sending messages to the moon...So they're really strong."

Lycan 01
2012-09-10, 08:07 AM
Snickers grins. "Those must be some pretty impressive pigeons." He then slowly extricates himself from around Foxglove, a faint blush rising to his cheeks.

Deme
2012-09-10, 08:06 PM
"Every day in every way, they are getting stronger and stronger...They'll need to be very strong, to reach the moon....And have sweaters."

She looked up at the ceiling.

"...It'd be cold. She is like a mare rising from the grave...She is like a dead mare. One might fancy she is looking for dead things."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-11, 12:24 AM
"Certainly!"

The author was one "I.K. Diddly", and the date was faded, but some of the references were without a doubt from before the migration to Equestria.

Smoothie took a look at the book itself, and read through a bit.

After reading through the book, she appears to have come to a decision on its validity.

She promptly incinerated it, leaving nothing but ash in its place within seconds.

"Thought we'd purged the inaccurate books from the shelves already. *Mumblegrumble*"

PurityIcekiller
2012-09-11, 12:29 AM

After reading through the book, she appears to have come to a decision on its validity.

She promptly incinerated it, leaving nothing but ash in its place within seconds.

"Thought we'd purged the inaccurate books from the shelves already. *Mumblegrumble*"

"Why can't I get fire spells like that to work?" muttered Flower Tail. "Not really fair, is it." She immediately started looking for any books on the nature of fire magical theory, hoping to find something enlightening.

sildra45
2012-09-11, 01:36 PM

"Well, I guess I'll have to find another book then...have any recommendations for a dragon with trouble controlling hi magic beyond having to use his fire breath?"

Lycan 01
2012-09-11, 08:42 PM
"Every day in every way, they are getting stronger and stronger...They'll need to be very strong, to reach the moon....And have sweaters."

She looked up at the ceiling.

"...It'd be cold. She is like a mare rising from the grave...She is like a dead mare. One might fancy she is looking for dead things."

"I think you've been reading the wrong Mare in the Moon legends, Foxglove," Snickers says with a playful smile. He then raises an eyebrow. "Or maybe I've been reading the wrong ones..."

Deme
2012-09-11, 08:50 PM
"I'm not talking about the mare in the moon....Just...The moon...The moon like a corpse. The moon like a dancer with little silver hooves. That moon."

She said, her expression pulling away. Perhaps, in that moment, she looked mysterious and distant as the moon.

"...A little higher all the time."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-11, 10:57 PM
"That sounds like some sort of horror story my sister Smoothie would read. Or tell during a sleepover. Or something like that." Soft comments, removing herself from Snicker's head.

Benson
2012-09-12, 12:40 PM
Fox Trot

After asserting control over his cheeks, the young stallion watched the faint image of the kracken 'walking away', leaving town. A part of him was surprised to just see ponies milling about and going about their everyday lives. Perhaps that one time seeing that massacre wurm acting like a little baby dulled their expectations about such monstrous creatures?

Yea, that had to be case, why else wasn't there panic in the streets? He sucked his some air and puffed out his chest, breathing in courage as he thought it as. He then started to walk, in the direction of Soft's bar, trying to practice what he was going to say, only to fumble his words and trip over his tongue. Curses.

Eventually the mocha stallion made his way to the soda bar and peered through the window, he put on his bestest grin and opened the door and walked inside. He shyly waved seeing Foxglove and Snickers were here too.

"H-hey, hiya, ya'll."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-12, 12:45 PM
"Hi Foxtrot." Soft says, and then GAAAASPS. "What in the world could that be?" she asks, pointing somewhere behind Foxtrot.

Benson
2012-09-12, 12:47 PM
"Huh? Behind me? W-what?" He quickly turned his head to looking behind him.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-12, 12:56 PM
Soft flying tackle glomps Foxtrot.

Gotcha. She says as she tightly hugs her friend.

Lycan 01
2012-09-12, 01:31 PM
Snickers chuckles. "Heya Fox Trot. Long time no see!"

Benson
2012-09-12, 11:36 PM
"Waaah!" Fox lamely yelped as he was glomped. "H-hiya Snickers." He managed to squeak out.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-12, 11:44 PM
"Waaah!" Fox lamely yelped as he was glomped. "H-hiya Snickers." He managed to squeak out.

"I was worried you were expecting that for a moment." Soft says, clearly pleased with her flying tackle glomp. "What can I do for you, Foxtrot?" she asks.

"Well, I guess I'll have to find another book then...have any recommendations for a dragon with trouble controlling hi magic beyond having to use his fire breath?"

"There might be something over there." she says, pointing to a shelf on the upper level "But it's unlikely. Dragons don't often make books after all." Smoothie says to the dragon.

Benson
2012-09-13, 12:08 AM
"I was worried you were expecting that for a moment." Soft says, clearly pleased with her flying tackle glomp. "What can I do for you, Foxtrot?" she asks.

"Oh...I was...I just...I came down here to be with my friend, before she..." He frowned. "totally moved away."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-13, 01:14 AM
"Oh...I was...I just...I came down here to be with my friend, before she..." He frowned. "totally moved away."

"Oh...Well, that's what Snickers and Foxglove came to do too." Soft says, and removes herself from Foxtrot.

Lycan 01
2012-09-13, 12:57 PM
Snickers suddenly turns to Foxglove and asks: "By the way, why are you sending pigeons to the moon?"

Deme
2012-09-13, 01:09 PM
"...That is why we came...Hi, Foxtrot."

She added, reminded of her earlier sad, and bringing her back to what most ponies percieve as reality, enough so that she could just answer Snickers casually, though her face still looked sad.

"...Because what if there are princesses there that never came down?"

Lycan 01
2012-09-13, 01:13 PM
Snickers grins. "I'm sure if there was another Princess on the moon, we'd have been.... told...... about.........." his voice trails off.

A couple of years ago, most ponies didn't know Princess Luna existed, let alone that she was banished to moon.

Snickers' eyes go wide. "We're going to the moon."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-13, 01:17 PM
Snickers grins. "I'm sure if there was another Princess on the moon, we'd have been.... told...... about.........." his voice trails off.

A couple of years ago, most ponies didn't know Princess Luna existed, let alone that she was banished to moon.

Snickers' eyes go wide. "We're going to the moon."

"I don't think anypony is capable of that level of teleportation, or would even know what the moon looks like well enough to be sure they teleported there. Except for...." Soft kinda trails off. "Smoothie MIGHT be able to. You'd have to do a lot to convince her to go to the moon I'd think though. Doctor Magic probably would be able to as well, but his things often come with an unpleasant price."

Deme
2012-09-13, 01:22 PM
"That's why I've been sending pigeons. They're good fliers, and can see the moon. At night...But we could go, if we could go. Would you like to come, Foxtrot?"

Then she thought about actually going, and several old, forgotten plot-lines began to merge.

"There is that thing that shoots teleporting... I wonder the arc of a shot to reach the moon..."

Lycan 01
2012-09-13, 01:30 PM
Snickers grins. "I have a portal gun."

Benson
2012-09-13, 01:32 PM
"A what gun?" Fox asked taking an unsure step back. Meanwhile, Benson face palms so hard it leaves a mark. :P

Mystic Muse
2012-09-13, 01:33 PM
Snickers grins. "I have a portal gun."

"Ah. Then you can safely avoid having to ask anypony to teleport you there. Though, I wonder if Smoothie would want to go anyway. Seems like the kind of thing she might want to do, if she felt there was something to gain..."

Or just Lycan and Foxglove could go and have shenanigans ensue.:smalltongue:

Lycan 01
2012-09-13, 01:37 PM
"A portal gun," Snickers says with a mischievous grin. "It makes an orange portal, and a blue portal, which allow you to teleport between them. I'd forgotten I bought it awhile back. And sure, Smoothie can tag along. We may need her help setting up telekinetic barriers so the moon doesn't suck all of the earth's atmosphere through the portal or something," he casually muses.

Snickers is totally a mad scientist at heart...

Deme
2012-09-13, 01:48 PM
"...Would the atmosphere end up on the moon?...People've told me I can't read the atmosphere, so maybe I wouldn't notice..."

She mused. Foxglove, not reading the atmosphere? Don't tell.

"...Would you come, Foxtrot? We're looking for princesses."

Benson
2012-09-13, 01:51 PM
Fox took another step back, his ears lowering. That kind of technology was the kind thing you hear described in the Star Trot radio shows, like back when he was a colt. This...this...was kinda scary of Snickers' claims were true.

"Y-you're pulling my leg.....such...level of tech doesn't really exist, right? Not in our world...right? I mean...its not possible right? I mean...its magic you mean right?...Though that's even scarier....." Fox's head was all up in a flurry of uncertainty.

Deme
2012-09-13, 02:18 PM
"...Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Foxglove adds, in response to his worries.

Benson
2012-09-13, 02:26 PM
"That' does not stop the technology from being scary....what if you don't come back in both pieces!" He yelps.

Lycan 01
2012-09-13, 02:46 PM
"Yes, I really do have a portal gun. It's nifty. And I'd prefer not to come back in both pieces, as I am in one piece, and hopefully staying that way," Snickers quips playfully.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-13, 02:53 PM
"That' does not stop the technology from being scary....what if you don't come back in both pieces!" He yelps.

"I'd be more worried about how they plan to breathe on the moon." Soft says. "And really, if you think THAT is scary, you apparently had a very sheltered childhood." Soft says.

Lycan 01
2012-09-13, 03:05 PM
Snickers scratches his chin. "Could Smoothie cast a spell? Or maybe we could make suits. Or I could try to ask-" he pauses, and realizing that 'I can ask Cookiethulhu for help' is a bad thing to say in front of Fox Trot and/or Soft. "Actually, nevermind, I don't know who else to ask."

Deme
2012-09-13, 03:08 PM
"Maybe we could just let some of the atmosphere come with us...Or rely on cartoon-physics."

This did raise an interesting point. How beholden to the fourth wall were these ponies?

Benson
2012-09-13, 03:17 PM
"As a matter of fact, I did have a very sheltered foalhood, but that's irrelevant to me finding not coming back whole after going through a portal scary vs not breathing in space." Fox Trot replied with a frown, and Snickers still didn't answer one of this questions. He then looked at Foxglove the pony.

"Fourth wall? Is that like singing when there is no diegetic source for the music to be coming from but yet there's music you're sing to?"

Mystic Muse
2012-09-13, 03:19 PM
Snickers scratches his chin. "Could Smoothie cast a spell? Or maybe we could make suits. Or I could try to ask-" he pauses, and realizing that 'I can ask Cookiethulhu for help' is a bad thing to say in front of Fox Trot and/or Soft. "Actually, nevermind, I don't know who else to ask."

"Smoothie could cast a spell. She's got some weeeeeeeird stuff in her repertoire." Soft says.

Lycan 01
2012-09-13, 06:54 PM
"I think crazy spells might be our safest bet. Or maybe I can call it a few favors," Snickers says, with a slightly suspicious shifting of his eyes.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-13, 07:04 PM
"I think crazy spells might be our safest bet. Or maybe I can call it a few favors," Snickers says, with a slightly suspicious shifting of his eyes.

"'Crazy spells' and 'safe' do not belong together." Soft lightheartedly points out.

Benson
2012-09-13, 10:02 PM
"Actually...uh...before...I make decisions that may end up with me in two.......when are you guys doing this ah....moon thing?" He asked pawing at the ground.

Deme
2012-09-14, 10:48 AM
"...Yeah. That's cartoon-physics...But..."

She blinked, the spell of the idea breaking.

"We never really said. I think we were talking about sending letters to Soft and...Then this happened."

Which is why you shouldn't let Foxglove control a conversation.

Lycan 01
2012-09-14, 10:52 AM
Snickers shrugs. "Not today or anything. We'd need time to plan and prepare. Once does not simply trot onto the lunar surface..."

Benson
2012-09-14, 05:03 PM
'Are you sure? That's not what this portal business sounds like," Fox was still wary about this. This totally had to be a prank....

Deme
2012-09-14, 08:42 PM
"Anyway, my pigeons are very fast, and I bet they'd be happy to carry letters."

She completed her thought at long last to Soft, with an accomplished smile.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-14, 10:55 PM
"Anyway, my pigeons are very fast, and I bet they'd be happy to carry letters."

She completed her thought at long last to Soft, with an accomplished smile.

"Well, I'll be happy to send some every once in a while." Soft says.

Benson
2012-09-15, 04:08 AM
Fox Trot shook his head and decided to just accept this portal business even if it made absolutely no sense to him. "So uh, what are you guys going to be up to then tonight?"

Mystic Muse
2012-09-15, 04:11 AM
Fox Trot shook his head and decided to just accept this portal business even if it made absolutely no sense to him. "So uh, what are you guys going to be up to then tonight?"

"I mostly planned on finishing my packing up. Didn't really have any plans other than that. I'm not exactly known for planning ahead all that much." Soft responds.

Benson
2012-09-15, 04:30 AM
"Oh...could I help you pack and stuff then? I got nothing until a bit later today with a friend," Fox Trot said with a small smile.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-15, 04:47 AM
"Oh...could I help you pack and stuff then? I got nothing until a bit later today with a friend," Fox Trot said with a small smile.

"Sure. Would certainly make it go faster." Soft says in response with a smile.

Benson
2012-09-15, 04:52 AM
"Maybe afterward we can have a little dance, you owe me one remember? And I mean to collect," He said with a goofy smile.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-15, 04:58 AM
"Maybe afterward we can have a little dance, you owe me one remember? And I mean to collect," He said with a goofy smile.

"Oh, alright, one dance, and then I should probably go and visit Knack soon after we're done. Or we can all hang out and do something for a little while first." Soft says, with a slight smirk.

Deme
2012-09-15, 08:40 AM
"I could do anything... We just got done with very nice horrible waffle-monsters and uncles, so we're free."

Foxglove explained. Or, well, didn't explain.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-15, 11:08 AM
"I could do anything... We just got done with horrible waffle-monsters and uncles, so we're free."

Foxglove explained. Or, well, didn't explain.

"...I have so many questions about that sentence. I'm not going to ask them, because I'm afraid of the answers." Soft says in bewilderment.

Benson
2012-09-15, 01:27 PM
"Waffle-monsters?...........Ehh....sure.....why not......durrrr...." Fox was broken, the end. He had a plastered smile on his face and sat down on a chair.

Lycan 01
2012-09-15, 01:30 PM
"What she MEANS is," Snickers grins nervously, "We made monstrously-sized waffles. I mean, reeeeeally big waffles. Monster sized! And my uncle was here. Not for the waffles, just to visit. Though he did take the waffles back with him. All of them," he states in a brisk and clipped manner. "And as for plans for the evening, no I do not have any. I was thinking of going back to Greif's Cafe, though, and seeing what he had to offer."

Benson
2012-09-15, 01:36 PM
And then Fox was unbroken. He popped back to smiling normally. "Oh...well, hey Snickers, me and Grills and another stallion, we're going to have a boy's night out tonight, go to Fillydelphia where I'm totally not on any wanted posters, and catch a hoofball game...or was it stableball game?....Anyways, and then hit up a bar and have root beers and apple cider and just hang out.

I extend the invitation to you, if you want to come hang out,' Fox told him with one of his patented warm smile.

Lycan 01
2012-09-15, 02:09 PM
"Oh, um," Snickers looks slightly taken aback. "Uh, maybe. I don't think I have anything planned, no. Who's the other stallion going?"

Benson
2012-09-15, 02:18 PM
Benson can't remember if Grills mentioned it, but eh, no biggie here. "Uhm, a stallion named Sandy Shores.....I think he's the beach caretaker or something." And also poor hapless buttmonkey stallion being forced to go on some lengthy speed dates by his 'friends' in hopes of getting him a fillyfriend, it does not go well.

Deme
2012-09-15, 08:26 PM
Foxglove listens to this thoughtfully, but doesn't have much to add, not being a stallion (currently) and all.

Lycan 01
2012-09-16, 08:03 PM
"Huh," Snickers muses. "Nope, can't say I've met him. Anypony else tagging along?"

Benson
2012-09-16, 08:51 PM
"That's kinda part of the thing too I guess...to meet new ponies, I mean, I don't really know the Sandy fellow on a personal level but hey...now I would, and yea.."

Lycan 01
2012-09-17, 09:09 PM
Snickers ponders. "Huh. Maybe."

He looks over to Foxglove. "Were you wanting to hang out later? I'd hate to disappoint any plans you were putting together by randomly trotting off to Filly, especially since we were hanging out first," he says with a sheepish smile. He has no idea how to politely ask her if she minds him leaving. Then again, he doesn't even know why he's asking. Why is he asking? It's not like she owns him, or they're dating or anything. And yet, it feels wrong not to ask her.

Snickers mentally wails in confused anguish.

Deme
2012-09-18, 11:28 AM
"I didn't have any plans. And anyway, equivolent exchange demands you go."

This didn't really bother her; after all, she had her sleepover without Snickers. Though with a lot of subject of Snickers. If she needed help with the animals, she could always see if Silvermane was around; if she needed company, she had animals. It wasn't complicated.

Lycan 01
2012-09-18, 12:51 PM
Snickers shrugs, and turns to Fox Trot. "Alrighty, sure. Tagging along sounds fun. Not much of a sports guy myself, but hey, why not?" he grins.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-18, 12:57 PM
"Huh," Snickers muses. "Nope, can't say I've met him. Anypony else tagging along?"
"Well, neither I nor Foxglove are stallions. I mean, we could be if we used genderbending pies or spells on ourselves, but I don't really have any interest in ever being a stallion." Soft says.

Benson
2012-09-18, 06:36 PM
Snickers shrugs, and turns to Fox Trot. "Alrighty, sure. Tagging along sounds fun. Not much of a sports guy myself, but hey, why not?" he grins.

"Alright, cool, thanks," Fox Trot replied with a smile. He turned back to the others. "Soo, what's up for right now?"

Deme
2012-09-19, 07:16 AM
As if asing 'what's up' could really get non-silly results.

"Well, there's always the sky. Standing there, the vaulted ceiling of the world; to truly escape it is to go above the realm of ponies; to destroy it..."

Foxglove muttered, eventually trailing off into silence before picking up the end of her thought, in a rather different tone.

"...That little chicken is always saying it'll fall, though."

sildra45
2012-09-19, 12:57 PM
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]"There might be something over there." she says, pointing to a shelf on the upper level "But it's unlikely. Dragons don't often make books after all." Smoothie says to the dragon.

"Likely because we burn things when we sneeze. Thank you."

He looked where she pointed, making a quick leap and single wing flap to get him up and over the railing above. He landed lightly, almost catlike in grace, as he began to peruse the available titles and books.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-19, 01:02 PM
Smoothie, meanwhile, went back to her desk and picked up the book she had been reading previously. The book's cover and all the words inside were written in some weird language that you couldn't read unless you were insane, trained to read it, or both.

Which one/s Smoothie qualified as were up to debate.

Lycan 01
2012-09-19, 01:20 PM
"And yet we mad, mad ponies intend to entirely bypass it and teleport ourselves straight to the moon," Snickers muses with a wistful smirk. "What has science done? Besides cure boredom..."

He then turns to Soft and randomly asks: "By the way, do you have a recipe for those genderbending pies?"

Benson
2012-09-19, 01:26 PM
Fox Trot kinda just shuffled around, he wasn't particularly fond of 'the sky' responses, it was cliche border-lining to annoying, but Foxglove being Foxglove, probably didn't mean it in the annoying context. "Right...of course...silly me, how could I miss that..being up...and stuff."

He sat down on a chair and tuned out the genderbending pies stuff, he didn't like that genderbending thing, he was happy being a boy and a boy only.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-19, 01:31 PM
"And yet we mad, mad ponies intend to entirely bypass it and teleport ourselves straight to the moon," Snickers muses with a wistful smirk. "What has science done? Besides cure boredom..."

He then turns to Soft and randomly asks: "By the way, do you have a recipe for those genderbending pies?"

"Yeah, I do....why do you ask?" Soft questions.

Deme
2012-09-19, 02:18 PM
Foxglove waited to see the end of this.

Lycan 01
2012-09-19, 02:23 PM
Snickers shrugged. "Well, I have a few eccentric and... esoteric recipes in my collection. Genderbending pies are not in my repertoire, and I figured I should perhaps remedy that. Knowledge is power and all that. Plus, they'd be useful on those days folks need some funny mischief to cheer them up."

The idea of a genderbending pie battle flickered through his mind. He managed to keep a grin off of his face, and remain looking aloof.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-19, 08:03 PM
Snickers shrugged. "Well, I have a few eccentric and... esoteric recipes in my collection. Genderbending pies are not in my repertoire, and I figured I should perhaps remedy that. Knowledge is power and all that. Plus, they'd be useful on those days folks need some funny mischief to cheer them up."

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Learn well. Be evil.:smalltongue:

"Are you sure you don't just secretly like being a mare every once in a while?" Soft teased.

Lycan 01
2012-09-19, 08:04 PM
Snickers face becomes an unreadable passive mask of neutral expression.

"I will confirm or deny nothing."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-19, 08:14 PM
Snickers face becomes an unreadable passive mask of neutral expression.

"I will confirm or deny nothing."

"You do know I'll just assume whatever the heck I want when you say that, right?" Soft asks Snickers.

Lycan 01
2012-09-19, 08:18 PM
Snickers recoils, and looks indignant. "What's wrong with wanting to feel pretty every now and then?" he huffs.

He then grins cheekily, to let her know he's just messing around.

Deme
2012-09-19, 08:52 PM
"Doesn't feeling pretty...Come from the inside?"

Foxglove observed.

"Pretty's an abstact concept, so you can only feel it inside. I think it may wriggle around like a fluffy worm moving under your skin...But I don't really know."

She stared blankly at some fixed point on the wall for a while, before she said,

"I'll say you're pretty, if you want me to."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-19, 08:57 PM
Snickers recoils, and looks indignant. "What's wrong with wanting to feel pretty every now and then?" he huffs.

He then grins cheekily, to let her know he's just messing around.

"Nothing. But pretty usually entails large amounts of girly clothes and makeup. Why, Snickers, I didn't know you cared that much. What kind of stuff do you have in your stash?" She responds, continuing the joke.

Lycan 01
2012-09-19, 09:03 PM
Snickers smiles wistfully at Foxglove. "I was making a joke. You do not actually have to tell me that I am pretty. Besides, I do not have to be a mare to feel aesthetically pleasing... Though my rump is much more attractive in such a state, I'd wager," he smirks.

He then turns to Soft, and gives a dismissive wave of his hoof. "Oh you know, eye shadow, lip gloss, hair spray, a black riding crop and matching saddle harness and bridle combinat- oh wait, wrong stash," he grins playfully.

A little more crass than Snicker's usual humor, but he feels like being cheeky and silly right now. He doubts the present company will mind. Fox Trot doesn't even seem to be listening.

Benson
2012-09-19, 11:04 PM
Unfortunately, Fox Trot chose the wrong moment to stop tuning in hoping for a different topic. His whole face turned red all the way up to his ears. "Waaha..waahaa!.." He fell off his chair and on his back all blushed over.

Deme
2012-09-20, 03:09 PM
"You sure have a lot of secret supplies, Snickers..."

Foxglove, seeming innocent for all the world, commented. She was, most likely, refferring to his secxret dar baking supplies.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-20, 03:49 PM
"Wow. Didn't think you were that much of a pervert Snickers." Soft says with a smirk.

Lycan 01
2012-09-20, 05:05 PM
Snickers waggles his eyebrow. "Well, every pony has their secrets..."

Just not the ones she's talking about.

Benson
2012-09-20, 08:38 PM
"S-secrets? What? I have no secrets what? jbwxnwxkmx...!" The flailing legs of Fox could be seen as the whole thing on secrets tripped his derped mind. He didn't quite catch Snicker's full words or meaning.

Deme
2012-09-21, 07:50 AM
"...If you find out a secret without the other person saying....Is it stealing? I bet there's a market for secrets somewhere...Stolen secrets. Spy games...."

She trailed off, thinking about the way secrets could be commodities.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-21, 02:16 PM
Snickers waggles his eyebrow. "Well, every pony has their secrets..."

Just not the ones she's talking about.
"True. Also, I'm pretty sure we broke Foxtrot."

"...If you find out a secret without the other person saying....Is it stealing? I bet there's a market for secrets somewhere...Stolen secrets. Spy games...."

She trailed off, thinking about the way secrets could be commodities.

"I don't think that counts as stealing, unless they intentionally tried to find out when you made it clear they didn't want you to. Though, even then, that's more a violation of trust than just stealing." Soft says.

Lycan 01
2012-09-21, 03:34 PM
"Oh yes, Fox Trot, I am secretly a practitioner of the dark baking arts, capable of forbidden kitchen sorcery," Snickers deadpans, before cracking a grin.

Benson
2012-09-21, 05:00 PM
"Wha?...Hauh??" More leg flailing until he stopped and just laid there on his back, legs held up against his body in equine defeat.

"Words...I have none...they...they're all gone....poofed....waaah'd...into the void where left socks disappear into.."

Deme
2012-09-21, 07:15 PM
"But they don't have the secret anymore; the person who took it does. That's secret-theft. If someone tells you, that's gift."

She nodded, holding her argumental ground on...Somewhat shaky logic.

"Like that little present Snickers just gave Fox Trot."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-22, 11:57 AM
"Guys, can we please stop breaking Foxtrot?"

Lycan 01
2012-09-22, 08:24 PM
Snickers frowns. "Sorry Fox Trot. I'm just messin' around..."

Deme
2012-09-22, 09:23 PM
Foxglove looked suitably scolded as well.

Benson
2012-09-22, 09:43 PM
Fox Trot picked his head up from under the table and peeked over it with red blushing cheeks.

"I...oh...uh....no...need to apologize...for the fact....I can't handle these...facts," He tripped over his own tongue and lowered his ears.

Lycan 01
2012-09-22, 09:45 PM
Snickers raises an eyebrow. "Well, I never said it was true."

Benson
2012-09-23, 10:48 PM
Fox Trot perked his ears. "So...you were just pulling my leg?...You're not...really a practitioner of the dark baking arts, capable of forbidden kitchen sorcery?"

Deme
2012-09-23, 10:53 PM
"...What exactly makes them dark, anyway? That sort of thing usually has candles, right?"

She asked, having tuned out when she lost track of what was going on. She thought Snickers was being honest.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-23, 11:00 PM
"...What exactly makes them dark, anyway? That sort of thing usually has candles, right?"

She asked, having tuned out when she lost track of what was going on. She thought Snickers was being honest.

"Smoothie always said Dark magic often doesn't deserve the title, and is only called such by ponies too narrow minded to see the altruistic uses of it. Really, I can't think of any harm you could cause with dark baking magic that you can't cause with a fireball, and nobody calls that dark magic. Heck, I would think dark baking magic would be even easier to reverse the effects of in a lot of cases." Soft responds to this. "But yeah, sometimes it has candles."

Lycan 01
2012-09-23, 11:02 PM
Snickers shrugs at Fox Trot. "Oh, well, I never said that either," he replies with a wry smile.

He then nods along to Soft Serve's explanation. "Interesting outlook..."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-23, 11:34 PM
Snickers shrugs at Fox Trot. "Oh, well, I never said that either," he replies with a wry smile.

He then nods along to Soft Serve's explanation. "Interesting outlook..."

"Yeah...To be fair, it wouldn't surprise me if she planned on taking over Equestria or something. And succeeded. It also wouldn't surprise me if that were just her general outlook, since she's always considered other ponies very narrow minded. She's also obsessed with knowing absolutely everything there is to know about magic if she believes it's something she can use." Soft tells them.

Benson
2012-09-23, 11:44 PM
Fox Trot opted on just shutting his mouth instead of voicing his opinions on the matter. They differed from what they were going on about, and he felt bad his opinions differed from theirs, his friends.

Deme
2012-09-24, 08:22 PM
Foxglove was sort of off in her own little world for this, since no one was really answering her actual question. And, anyway, this is Foxglove. She won't sit through two paragraphs of text without wandering a little.

And so she wandered to the moon. And moon-walking. And therefore other things on the moon, such as moon boat-rowing. And therefore, since Foxtrot was in the room, moon-dancing.

"...Foxtrot, do you know any good dances for low-G?"

Benson
2012-09-24, 08:44 PM
"Low gravity?....Yea, like acro dancing....that style of dance really lends itself to low gravity. My advanced students had an acro dance routine at the recital some time back," Fox Trot replied in a more cheerful tone, rather than the oodles of hesitantness of earlier.

Deme
2012-09-24, 08:44 PM
"Acro dance?"

She tilted her head.

Benson
2012-09-24, 08:48 PM
"Classical dance mixed in with acrobatics, really tough though, gotta be in top physical condition," Fox Trot happily explained, he enjoyed talking about dance.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-26, 12:33 AM
"Likely because we burn things when we sneeze. Thank you."

He looked where she pointed, making a quick leap and single wing flap to get him up and over the railing above. He landed lightly, almost catlike in grace, as he began to peruse the available titles and books.

After quite a while of nopony needing her, Smoothie goes up and approaches the dragon. "Well, it seems nopony needs me right now, so we can talk if you wish. Naturally, we must keep our voices down however." Once he turned his head to look at her, Flare might notice something slightly off, but it vanishes as soon as it appears.

sildra45
2012-09-26, 12:43 AM
After quite a while of nopony needing her, Smoothie goes up and approaches the dragon. "Well, it seems nopony needs me right now, so we can talk if you wish. Naturally, we must keep our voices down however." Once he turned his head to look at her, Flare might notice something slightly off, but it vanishes as soon as it appears.

"Certainly, dear librarian."

In his claws was a book speculating dragon shapes, sizes, coloration, and what they might mean in relation to that dragon.

"I'm in search of my magic. Or, well, to be more accurate, a way to use my magic without having to breath flames to do it. And, as I mentioned before, a place to stay."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-26, 12:49 AM
"Certainly, dear librarian."

In his claws was a book speculating dragon shapes, sizes, coloration, and what they might mean in relation to that dragon.

"I'm in search of my magic. Or, well, to be more accurate, a way to use my magic without having to breath flames to do it. And, as I mentioned before, a place to stay."

"Well, you having a place to stay may be feasible, but you would have to be aware of several ground rules. As for learning to use your magic without your breath weapon...hmm..." she says, and looks lost in thought for a moment. "There may be a way, but it's likely not worth it. A dragon's breath is like a unicorn's horn. You can maybe theoretically use your magic without it, but it expends so much energy and takes so much training to be able to do, that there are nearly no circumstances under which it'd be worth it. If you have exceptionally high magic reserves or are a very fast learner, we could give it a shot, but I can't promise you'll make any progress, and I certainly can't say it'll be worth the effort." Smoothie explains.

Lycan 01
2012-09-26, 12:53 AM
Bar

Snickers stares blankly while the topic suddenly goes to dancing.

After a moment, he turns to Soft Serve and smirks. "So, recipe?"

Mystic Muse
2012-09-26, 12:55 AM
Bar

Snickers stares blankly while the topic suddenly goes to dancing.

After a moment, he turns to Soft Serve and smirks. "So, recipe?"

Soft hands over the recipe. "Never use this power for anything but mischief and shenanigans." Soft says with a grin.

Lycan 01
2012-09-26, 01:00 AM
Snickers grins wickedly. "I solemnly swear I am up to no good," he croons playfully. "Who should I hit first?"

sildra45
2012-09-26, 01:00 AM
"Well, you having a place to stay may be feasible, but you would have to be aware of several ground rules. As for learning to use your magic without your breath weapon...hmm..." she says, and looks lost in thought for a moment. "There may be a way, but it's likely not worth it. A dragon's breath is like a unicorn's horn. You can maybe theoretically use your magic without it, but it expends so much energy and takes so much training to be able to do, that there are nearly no circumstances under which it'd be worth it. If you have exceptionally high magic reserves or are a very fast learner, we could give it a shot, but I can't promise you'll make any progress, and I certainly can't say it'll be worth the effort." Smoothie explains.

"Ground rules? I can live with rules. And anything is worth the effort if it's something you really want."

He said that last phrase with what felt was plenty enough conviction that it probably meant a lot to him.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-26, 01:09 AM
"Ground rules? I can live with rules. And anything is worth the effort if it's something you really want."

He said that last phrase with what felt was plenty enough conviction that it probably meant a lot to him.

"Well, I can at least see that you don't lack conviction. Very well, here are the rules.

You do not come into my room unless it is an emergency. The door is nearly always locked, so it better be an emergency worth of breaking down my door.

No fire unless you are in a room that has absolutely nothing that can be damaged in any way by it.

You keep your voice down to library speaking rules.

You destroy anything, you replace it, even if it requires working for months and taking the money out of your own pocket.

Last but most certainly not least, never mess with my hat." she says, referring to the one currently atop her head.

Snickers grins wickedly. "I solemnly swear I am up to no good," he croons playfully. "Who should I hit first?"

"...Part of me wants to say Smoothie, but I'm not sure how good of an idea that is." Soft says.

sildra45
2012-09-26, 01:26 AM
"Well, I can at least see that you don't lack conviction. Very well, here are the rules.

You do not come into my room unless it is an emergency. The door is nearly always locked, so it better be an emergency worth of breaking down my door.

No fire unless you are in a room that has absolutely nothing that can be damaged in any way by it.

You keep your voice down to library speaking rules.

You destroy anything, you replace it, even if it requires working for months and taking the money out of your own pocket.

Last but most certainly not least, never mess with my hat." she says, referring to the one currently atop her head.

"That seems simple enough. I will do my utmost to earn my keep!"

He gave her a little bow.

"And thank you for letting me stay. If you ever need metalwork done, I can be of service there."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-26, 01:34 AM
"That seems simple enough. I will do my utmost to earn my keep!"

He gave her a little bow.

"And thank you for letting me stay. If you ever need metalwork done, I can be of service there."

"I have doubts I will. If you want to do metalworking, please do it outside away from flammable materials." Smoothie said, and internally sighed. Her library now housed a dragon, a sapient suit of armor who was a bit of a klutz, and a weird gem thing that she still wasn't sure what she would need to do with.

Lycan 01
2012-09-26, 01:35 AM
Snickers frowns. "I'd rather not be turned into a turkey or something. Name somepony else."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-26, 01:38 AM
Snickers frowns. "I'd rather not be turned into a turkey or something. Name somepony else."

"I think she'd do a lot worse than that...umm, how about my friend Gearstride? Xanadu mare with a giant compass cutie mark on her flank, and is a bit of a perv. I think she mainly hangs out with an orange pony named Silverpine nowadays." Soft suggests.

Lycan 01
2012-09-26, 01:41 AM
Snickers grins. "Never met her. I'll say it's a special delivery from her friend Soft. Can I borrow your kitchen?"

Mystic Muse
2012-09-26, 01:46 AM
Snickers grins. "Never met her. I'll say it's a special delivery from her friend Soft. Can I borrow your kitchen?"
"Sure" is all Soft says since I have to go to sleep.

Lycan 01
2012-09-26, 12:34 PM
Snickers grins and scurries into the kitchen.

The sounds of ingredients being mixed and prepared, the clatter of cutlery and containers, and other miscellaneous cooking noises can soon be heard.

Suddenly interrupted by an explosion.

And then a roar.

And then a scream.

"TOO MUCH BUTTER TOO MUCH BUTTER!! BACK!! BACK I SAY!!" Snickers can be heard yelling from behind the door to the kitchen.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-26, 12:36 PM
Snickers grins and scurries into the kitchen.

The sounds of ingredients being mixed and prepared, the clatter of cutlery and containers, and other miscellaneous cooking noises can soon be heard.

Suddenly interrupted by an explosion.

And then a roar.

And then a scream.

"TOO MUCH BUTTER TOO MUCH BUTTER!! BACK!! BACK I SAY!!" Snickers can be heard yelling from behind the door to the kitchen.

"...What the heck is going on back there?!" Soft asks, and tries to get into the kitchen.

Deme
2012-09-26, 12:44 PM
"Impressive. Can you --"

The discussion of acrodance was cut short by screaming.

"Oh, I suppose that's why it's called that."

Foxglove commented, completely deadpan. To Soft, she replied,

"...He may just need more flour."

Benson
2012-09-26, 12:50 PM
Fox Trot found himself frozen in derped fear, his eyes all wide and round, a fore leg drawn close to his chest.

"Ah..ppptybck....bhuwhw...wha--wha...what's g-going on...oh gosh...forbidden kitchen sorcery! Its must be....!" He ducked under a table.

Lycan 01
2012-09-26, 01:02 PM
There's a loud screech, the roar of reality being rent asunder, and then the sonic whipcrack of space and time slamming back into proper place. Then silence.

When Soft opens the door, Snickers suddenly sticks his head through the doorway, an exuberant smile on his face. Glowing green slime is splattered on his neck and face, and some is matted in his hair.

"Oh hi! No worries! Everything is under control! Just had to, uh, add more flour," he states in a seemingly-casual fashion. "I'll just, uh, be sure to clean up the mess. Once again, no worries. Accidents happen, everypony is okay, and that's all that matters. Everything will be back to normal in a jiffy. So, uh, don't come in."

The pegasus grins sheepishly.

Some of the slime on his neck blinks.

Deme
2012-09-26, 02:27 PM
"...Can you do that?"

Amount of attention Foxglove is paying to this developement = 0. She was reffering back to acro-dancing and Foxtrot. A small bit of her filed the question of 'did anyone actually forbid this sort of baking-magic' away.

Benson
2012-09-26, 03:30 PM
"Huh? What?....Bhwuh...I....hauh....durr..." Noised Fox Trot as he continued to hide under the table. He peeked from under the table at looked at Foxglove. "Bhwuh....you talking to me?"

Deme
2012-09-26, 03:43 PM
"Yes. It'd be nice...To see it."

Foxglove said vaguely.

Benson
2012-09-26, 08:40 PM
"Like right now, right now?" Fox Trot asked, confusedly.

Deme
2012-09-26, 09:47 PM
"No. Some other right now would be fine."

This appears to have taken Foxtrot back from the edge. All according to plan...Or maybe not.

Benson
2012-09-26, 09:52 PM
"Oh...right, of course, silly me. I'd first need to create a routine, practice it vigorously...stuff." He replied and gawked at Foxglove.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-26, 09:59 PM
There's a loud screech, the roar of reality being rent asunder, and then the sonic whipcrack of space and time slamming back into proper place. Then silence.

When Soft opens the door, Snickers suddenly sticks his head through the doorway, an exuberant smile on his face. Glowing green slime is splattered on his neck and face, and some is matted in his hair.

"Oh hi! No worries! Everything is under control! Just had to, uh, add more flour," he states in a seemingly-casual fashion. "I'll just, uh, be sure to clean up the mess. Once again, no worries. Accidents happen, everypony is okay, and that's all that matters. Everything will be back to normal in a jiffy. So, uh, don't come in."

The pegasus grins sheepishly.

Some of the slime on his neck blinks.

"...Need some help, Snickers?" Soft asks, not quite sure what horror Snickers has unleashed on the world.

Lycan 01
2012-09-26, 10:04 PM
The sentient green slime on Snicker's neck lets out a strange "screeee!" noise. Snickers grabs it and throws it over his shoulder, before grinning nervously. "Jello! It was jello. Just jello," he states. "Um, no, I think I've got it. I think I may end up with a few more pies than I originally intend, though. Got any other subjects we should target?" he smirks wickedly.

The "screee!" noises didn't stop, for the record. Somewhere back in the kitchen, something is still making those sounds.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-26, 10:10 PM
The sentient green slime on Snicker's neck lets out a strange "screeee!" noise. Snickers grabs it and throws it over his shoulder, before grinning nervously. "Jello! It was jello. Just jello," he states. "Um, no, I think I've got it. I think I may end up with a few more pies than I originally intend, though. Got any other subjects we should target?" he smirks wickedly.

The "screee!" noises didn't stop, for the record. Somewhere back in the kitchen, something is still making those sounds.

Soft facehooves. "What have you unleashed upon my kitchen?" She asks.

Lycan 01
2012-09-26, 10:17 PM
Snickers stares into Soft's eyes with a completely straight face, and deadpans: "Jello."

"screeeeeeeee!"

"Organic jello."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-27, 12:28 AM
Snickers stares into Soft's eyes with a completely straight face, and deadpans: "Jello."

"screeeeeeeee!"

"Organic jello."

"I think the word you're looking for is "Sentient" not "organic." she says with a sigh. "Alright, time to go deal with this."...Why is Soft Serve suddenly wearing a Ghostbusters outfit?

Never mind, I'm not questioning it. She goes in to make the ooze regret coming to life in her kitchen.

Lycan 01
2012-09-27, 12:43 AM
"No, wait!" Snickers exclaims, his eyes going wide with terror. He forcefully places himself in the doorway, keeping Soft from entering the kitchen. "Don't hurt them! They're harmless! Just a fluke! An accidental byproduct! They really are just jello! They're harmless, really! Just give me a moment, and I'll send them off where they belong, okay?" he timidly asks. His eyes hold genuine concern; he's actually worried about these things and their well-being.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-27, 01:11 AM
"No, wait!" Snickers exclaims, his eyes going wide with terror. He forcefully places himself in the doorway, keeping Soft from entering the kitchen. "Don't hurt them! They're harmless! Just a fluke! An accidental byproduct! They really are just jello! They're harmless, really! Just give me a moment, and I'll send them off where they belong, okay?" he timidly asks. His eyes hold genuine concern; he's actually worried about these things and their well-being.

"...Alright, just get rid of them. They look like the kind of thing you see in a horror movie before somepony gets eaten."

Lycan 01
2012-09-27, 01:13 AM
Snickers laugh knowingly. "Oh no, I already banished that one. No worries."

And with that he closes the door.

Deme
2012-09-27, 08:55 AM
Amount of concern Foxglove has re: intelligent jello: Still 0.

"...It's not your kitchen anymore..."

Foxglove muttered, out of the blue.

"It's someone else's problem if there's adorable balls of sapient jello, right?
Do we have any molds?"

Benson
2012-09-27, 04:02 PM
Fox Trot stared and stared at the closed kitchen door, his imagination running wild with what cooking horror was being accomplished back there.

Lycan 01
2012-09-27, 04:40 PM
An explosion suddenly rocks the bar, and the kitchen door rattles on its hinges.

A few seconds of silence.

Followed by a scream. A very girly scream. "SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFT!!" Snickers howls. Or rather, a mare who sounds a lot like Snickers howls.

Deme
2012-09-27, 04:48 PM
"...The line of inevitability has been crossed," she intones.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-27, 04:48 PM
An explosion suddenly rocks the bar, and the kitchen door rattles on its hinges.

A few seconds of silence.

Followed by a scream. A very girly scream. "SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFT!!" Snickers howls. Or rather, a mare who sounds a lot like Snickers howls.

"...." Soft facehooves, and asks a question she does't really want to know the answer to, though she was pretty sure she already did.

"You just turned yourself into a girl, didn't you?"

Benson
2012-09-27, 04:53 PM
"Bhwuh....wha...Snickers?...." Fox Trot fainted, rather girly-like I may add.

Lycan 01
2012-09-27, 04:57 PM
There is a long silence.

Finally, the voice of the Snickers-like mare replies from the other side of the door.

"...well, at least I'm pretty now."

Deme
2012-09-27, 06:14 PM
"...Aren't you still covered in green jello?"

Foxglove asked, unless he had time to fully scrub down.

Benson
2012-09-27, 11:44 PM
The Library

Eventually at some point in the library, the red pegasus named Cadmium had perused through several magazines and had grown tired of them, and, time was going by fast and she had things to do. She sorta met new ponies...so...she could scratch that off her list.

She flew over to the librarian's desk and looked around for a bit until she came across a sign, with an arrow, pointing to a button.

'Press for Librarian'

She pressed the button.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-27, 11:46 PM
Smoothie immediately telepopped down from the second floor to her desk.

"Hello Miss. How can I help you?" she asks in a polite tone.

Benson
2012-09-28, 12:00 AM
Smoothie immediately telepopped down from the second floor to her desk.

"Hello Miss. How can I help you?" she asks in a polite tone.

"Oh...ah...hello, Miss. I uh...came here earlier with a small filly, named Flower Tail, but ah, I have to go, finish up some things back at the beach. I was wondering, if you could relay the message if she comes here looking for me, that I had to leave early,...?" Cadmium asked.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-28, 12:02 AM
"Oh...ah...hello, Miss. I uh...came here earlier with a small filly, named Flower Tail, but ah, I have to go, finish up some things back at the beach. I was wondering, if you could relay the message if she comes here looking for me, that I had to leave early,...?" Cadmium asked.

"Yeah, I know her, I'll be sure to pass along the message." She says. While she's very polite, she's probably not quite how Cadmium would expect, and just seems kind of indifferent to everything.

The bar

"..." Soft doesn't say anything for a moment and then...

literally rolls on the floor laughing like a maniac.

Lycan 01
2012-09-28, 12:18 AM
"No, the miniature gelatine shoggoths are gone," Snickerfilly cheerfully replies to Foxglove through the door.

She then listens in silence for a moment as Soft begins to cackle. The sound of stomping hooves is soon heard. "Stooooop! Stoooop laughing at meeeeee! It's not niiiiice!" she whines, throwing a bit of a hissy fit.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-28, 12:22 AM
"No, the miniature gelatine shoggoths are gone," Snickerfilly cheerfully replies to Foxglove through the door.

She then listens in silence for a moment as Soft begins to cackle. The sound of stomping hooves is soon heard. "Stooooop! Stoooop laughing at meeeeee! It's not niiiiice!" she whines, throwing a bit of a hissy fit.

"Can't-hahahaha-help-hehehe-it-hahahha!" Soft says. Yeah, she's not going to stop any time soon unless you stuff a gag in her mouth.

Benson
2012-09-28, 12:32 AM
"Yeah, I know her, I'll be sure to pass along the message." She says. While she's very polite, she's probably not quite how Cadmium would expect, and just seems kind of indifferent to everything.

"Thank you very much Miss," Cadmium replied, frankly, Cadmium had no expectations on what she expected from Smoothie, she did not know her, and artsy gal believed in the uniqueness in others that manifested themselves into various------I don't know where I'm going with this anymore, I hurt my own head with this train of thought.

Deme
2012-09-28, 07:06 PM
"Now all but I am incapacitated...I am the last pony standing..."

She says aloud, watching Soft laugh.

"It was obvious this would happen. When you look into the gender-bending pies, the gender-bending pies look into you..."

Lycan 01
2012-09-28, 07:10 PM
The door creaks open.

What looks like a pony-shaped blob of whipped cream staggers out. "Close," the feminine voice of gender-bent Snickers muses from beneath the layer of pie. "Rather, when one works with gender-bending pie for the first time... it explodes all over you."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-28, 07:39 PM
The door creaks open.

What looks like a pony-shaped blob of whipped cream staggers out. "Close," the feminine voice of gender-bent Snickers muses from beneath the layer of pie. "Rather, when one works with gender-bending pie for the first time... it explodes all over you."

Soft eventually manages to get her laughing under control a bit.

"If you want to go get cleaned off, I could go turn on the hose outside. Won't reverse the gender-bending, but at least you won't be covered in pie." Soft says, still laughing a little and smiling.

Lycan 01
2012-09-28, 07:41 PM
"Stop laughing or I'll glomp you," Snicker-filly deadpans.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-28, 07:51 PM
"Stop laughing or I'll glomp you," Snicker-filly deadpans.

"...Why would that get me to stop? I love hugs. And whipped cream." Soft points out. Yeah, she still can't quite stop.

Deme
2012-09-28, 09:41 PM
"...Do you ever worry about becoming a pastry yourself, Snickers?"

Foxglove said, her voice calmly rising back up from the abyss of her thoughts.

Lycan 01
2012-09-28, 09:47 PM
Snickerfilly ponders for a moment. "No," she cheerfully replies, "That's highly improbable, unless you're actively trying to accomplish it. And I'm on good terms with... that friend you met on Nightmare Night, so the chance of freak accidents like that are greatly reduced. So no, I'm not too worried."

The pony shaped blob of pie turns towards Soft, and narrows its eyes in annoyance. "Okay, you asked for it."

Flying tackle glomp, GO!! :smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2012-09-28, 10:05 PM
Soft is...now covered in pie.

"...What exactly was that supposed to do? Other than make me be hugged by a hot mare?" she asks Snickerfilly.

Lycan 01
2012-09-28, 10:19 PM
Snickerfilly flutters her eyelashes coyly. "Oh, you think I'm hot?" she purrs playfully. "That totally makes me feel better about being gender-bent."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-28, 10:28 PM
Snickerfilly flutters her eyelashes coyly. "Oh, you think I'm hot?" she purrs playfully. "That totally makes me feel better about being gender-bent."

"...I can't tell whether you're being serious or sarcastic...I'm guessing sarcastic. Hey, it's your own fault." Soft points out. Man, that pie was sticky.

"So, what was the hug supposed to accomplish? Other than making me need a bath." She asks.

Deme
2012-09-28, 10:33 PM
"..."

Foxglove's face soured. She didn't like the notion of Snickers faux-flirting with Soft, and then it was confusing. So she distracted him.

"...Oh...Ummm...Well, it makes you tasty? People could try and eat you."

Foxglove licked some whipped cream off of Snickers, to try and distract herself.

Lycan 01
2012-09-28, 10:33 PM
Snickerfilly grumbles. "I was hoping the pie might still have some magic left in it, so it'd zap you too. Then we'd see how funny you thought it was..." she replies with annoyance. She then sighs. "Great. I'm stuck as a mare. Again. How do we fix this, anyway?"

Mystic Muse
2012-09-28, 10:41 PM
Snickerfilly grumbles. "I was hoping the pie might still have some magic left in it, so it'd zap you too. Then we'd see how funny you thought it was..." she replies with annoyance. She then sighs. "Great. I'm stuck as a mare. Again. How do we fix this, anyway?"

"....Oh."

There's a slight *Poof* and Soft is now a heck of a lot bigger.

"....CELESTIADAMNITTHISWASNEVERSUPPOSEDTOHAPPENAGAI N. Soft says, with a deep booming voice.

The pie has changed her significantly. She now looks like Prince Blueblood, except with a black coat and red mane.

Yes, the pie worked on Cartoon physics.

Lycan 01
2012-09-28, 10:45 PM
And now it was Snicker's turn to fall on his her back and laugh hysterically. "Wait, wait, hah hah," she squeaks through bouts of laughter and giggles. "Again? There... there... hee hee hee heee... there was a first time? Hee..."

Deme
2012-09-28, 10:47 PM
Of course, this also meant there was enough magic for some stallion-glove, which results in Foxglove looking mildly perturbed as she switches sex and grows to the upper end of the pony build frame; Foxglove as a stallion is in the model of a unicorn version of Big Macintosh, though her hair remained long and wavy because it looks interesting.

"...This only proves my point, you realize. He who bakes pastries must be cautious not to become a pastry himself; when you lick the gender-bender pie, the gender-bender pie licks you."

Foxglove pointed out deeply, looking down at Snickers from the great height of her male body.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-28, 10:48 PM
"Once. Before I came to Bridle Shores. *Sigh* I bet I look like Prince Blueblood again, don't I?" she asks.

Yes, she very much does. "I"m getting revenge for this. By which I mean, I say I'm going to, and then I'm just going to forget this ever happened in a couple days." Soft says.

Lycan 01
2012-09-28, 10:51 PM
Despite being completely covered in pie, a visible blush rises to Snickerfilly's cheeks as she looks up at the massive, imposing, handsome figure of StallionGlove.

Yes. The pie on her cheeks is blushing.

"Ahem," she coughs quietly, before looking over at Soft. "I'm sorry, you're not actually mad are you? And no, Prince Blueblood is a different color scheme, from what I know..."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-28, 10:58 PM
Despite being completely covered in pie, a visible blush rises to Snickerfilly's cheeks as she looks up at the massive, imposing, handsome figure of StallionGlove.

Yes. The pie on her cheeks is blushing.

"Ahem," she coughs quietly, before looking over at Soft. "I'm sorry, you're not actually mad are you? And no, Prince Blueblood is a different color scheme, from what I know..."
"Alright, let me be more specific then. Do I look like a palette-swapped Prince Blueblood? And yes, I am a little mad." Soft says, getting up to go clean himself off. It didn't take too long. "As for a cure...Smoothie definitely knows a spell but may not be willing to cast it. I better not use the one I know, because last time I did it...didn't end up as intended. There's also Dr. Magic, but I don't know how that would turn out. We could also just wait it out...though...exactly how many servings did you make?"

Hawkflight
2012-09-28, 11:05 PM
It was with mixed emotions that Silvermane stepped into the bar. She was very happy that Whitefire was back, but she'd heard Soft was planning to leave, which made her sad. So, reluctantly, she stepped into the bar ... and completely forgot about everything when she saw what was going on.

"Um.....?" Very eloquent, Silvermane.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-28, 11:07 PM
"Hi Silvermane...Ummm...Snickers wanted the recipe for my genderbending pie, tried to cook some, and it blew up all over her. Then I couldn't stop laughing, so she glomped me and turned me into a Stallion, and then Foxglove licked Snickers and now here we are. I'm Soft by the way." Soft said with a nervous smile.

Deme
2012-09-28, 11:08 PM
The luminescent pie-blush triggered a blush combo. But Foxglove can just wait five seconds for the weather to change in her head, so eventually, he calmed down.

"Or we could work on our own counter-cure, maybe involving some form of fruit crumble...But I've strengthened my walkways since last time...So I can wait."

Stallionglove shrugged. It didn't bother her much....But he was a little clumsy, so he kind of ended up knocking into Snickerfilly when he turned.

"We've discovered the inevitable reaction chain of baking mishaps, and also watch for Foxtrot. He's sort of been passed out for a while now."

Lycan 01
2012-09-28, 11:14 PM
Snickerfilly, much smaller in frame than normally, is easily bopped across the floor by the glancing impact with the much larger Stallionglove. The end result is a long smear of whipped cream across the floor, and a very dizzy pegasus mare sprawled out on her back after rolling several times. "Ow."

Hawkflight
2012-09-28, 11:16 PM
".........It's good to be home," Silvermane said with a half-wry, half-amused smile.

Deme
2012-09-28, 11:23 PM
Foxglove leaned over.

"Eeep!"

That was the deepest eep anyone has ever heard, probably. She leaned in close.

"You OK, Snickers?"

Lycan 01
2012-09-28, 11:25 PM
Snickerfilly, most of her face now visible now that much of whipped cream has been smeared off, grins goofily while her eyes spin. "Peachy!" she proclaims in a chipper fashion.

Deme
2012-09-28, 11:32 PM
"...Is that actually peachy, or just the spinning talking?"

She took a step back, fumbling just a bit on the whipped cream on the ground.

"Because you still sort of look mostly cookie-brown, and probably still taste like vanilla whipped cream. Or you did a second ago. I can check again."

---

Library

Pyrite ended up at the library again. Why? He didn't know. It hardly seemed like the good idea, since he was sore about this whole Spark x Smoothie thing and all the deception he was picking up on.

So when he came in, his head was low, his ears were pinned back, and his expression was entirely sour.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-29, 11:39 AM
Library

Pyrite ended up at the library again. Why? He didn't know. It hardly seemed like the good idea, since he was sore about this whole Spark x Smoothie thing and all the deception he was picking up on.

So when he came in, his head was low, his ears were pinned back, and his expression was entirely sour.

"Hi Pyrite. What's up?...You look really not pleased about something." Smoothie says with a questioning look.

Deme
2012-09-29, 11:50 AM
He had promised Spark he'd leave it alone. He'd promised.
Promised. So he wasn't going to.
Instead, he just replied through gritted teeth,
"I just talked to Spark. Guess what he said."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-29, 11:55 AM
He had promised Spark he'd leave it alone. He'd promised.
Promised. So he wasn't going to.
Instead, he just replied through gritted teeth,
"I just talked to Spark. Guess what he said."

Smoothie didn't like the look Pyrite was giving her."...I'm guessing he's not taking my lack of desire to be with him particularly well?" She asks, feeling like that's probably the case.

Deme
2012-09-29, 11:59 AM
Pyrite's desire to hold it in completely crumbled away.

"Well, not when you take him on a date! That's just leading a colt on."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-29, 12:10 PM
Pyrite's desire to hold it in completely crumbled away.

"Well, not when you take him on a date! That's just leading a colt on."

"....What? What do you mean take him on a date? I've been avoiding him, because you came and told me that you told him I didn't want to be with him, and I shouldn't do the thing where we planned on working out together, and I haven't seen him since." Smoothie says, and there's not an ounce of deception in her eyes.

Deme
2012-09-29, 12:16 PM
The anger and frustration drained out of Pyrite, replaced by a deep and unsettling fear.

"I didn't tell you...Any of that."

He said, as the lightbulb dawns. It's not the total lightbulb, since who goes into a situation assuming changelings, but certainly a lot of a lightbulb.

"Smoothie, what do you know about magical disguises? "

Pyrite had been working on some, but not on this scale. Magical (and sellable) versions of the false mustache, etc. Things you could market easily.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-29, 12:23 PM
The anger and frustration drained out of Pyrite, replaced by a deep and unsettling fear.

"I didn't tell you...Any of that."

"...Oh dear."

"Smoothie, what do you know about magical disguises? "

Pyrite had been working on some, but not on this scale. Magical (and sellable) versions of the false mustache, etc. Things you could market easily.

"A lot. They're often pretty bad, unless you're really familiar with the pony, or not going for extreme accuracy...unless the perpetrator is a Changeling." Smoothie says, getting a bad feeling in her stomach. "Changeling disguises are....pretty darn thorough. The only ways to tell they aren't who they appear to be is through how they act, and facial expressions. Short of forcing them out of their disguise anyway." Smoothie says.

Deme
2012-09-29, 02:31 PM
Pyrite thought about this. He couldn't really sort out the real cause of this, except 'someone else'. After all, he didn't know how to tell a really good illusionist from a changeling... He turned away and closed his eyes to think.

"Follow the money...Follow the money..."

He muttered. 'Money' didn't have to be 'money,' though. After all, he had already realized that without Charger, there wasn't any money in this group of friends.

"What sort of magical enemies do you have, Smoothie? That's what we're dealing with, definately."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-29, 02:52 PM
Pyrite thought about this. He couldn't really sort out the real cause of this, except 'someone else'. After all, he didn't know how to tell a really good illusionist from a changeling... He turned away and closed his eyes to think.

"Follow the money...Follow the money..."

He muttered. 'Money' didn't have to be 'money,' though. After all, he had already realized that without Charger, there wasn't any money in this group of friends.

"What sort of magical enemies do you have, Smoothie? That's what we're dealing with, definately."

"I...don't have any. Not that I know of anyway...There's only one pony I recall being able to do something like that, but I haven't seen her for a long time...and honestly, I hope for her sake that isn't her." Smoothie says in a less than pleasant tone.

Deme
2012-09-29, 03:55 PM
"OK, so then whoever this is...We need to catch them in the act. A good con gets run by throwing your enemies off-balance. Not letting them think carefully, not letting them have all the information..."

He already knew what needed doing; just not how to do it.

"First, you an I need a thing, so we don't get hung up on who's real and who isn't....But before I talk strategy...How did we meet, Smoothie?"

He asked. Now that there was a definate imposter, he needed to be sure.

"And you can ask me whatever you like, too, of course."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-29, 04:22 PM
"OK, so then whoever this is...We need to catch them in the act. A good con gets run by throwing your enemies off-balance. Not letting them think carefully, not letting them have all the information..."

He already knew what needed doing; just not how to do it.

"First, you an I need a thing, so we don't get hung up on who's real and who isn't....But before I talk strategy...How did we meet, Smoothie?"

"You jumped out of the bushes and tried to peddle us some phony stuff. There was some legit stuff, but the map you tried to sell us was probably not. However, I'm not even sure how much we can trust that, since we don't know how long the impostor has been here. So, in the future, ask my questions where the only feasible way I could answer correctly is if I read your mind. As for proving whether you're you or not..." Smoothie casts a spell that might tingle a bit, but won't actually do anything."...Alright, you're definitely not an impostor."

Deme
2012-09-29, 04:30 PM
"Ok, then... I'm running a shell game in my head. 3 shells, picturing the 3 shells. Left, right, middle. Where's the bits?"

The answer was that he had actually palmed the coins and had them in a pocket in the underside of the table cloth in his head. An answer just of 'palming the coins' wouldn't work -- she had to mention the pocket, and that it was by the left leg closer to him.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-29, 04:35 PM
"Ok, then... I'm running a shell game in my head. 3 shells, picturing the 3 shells. Left, right, middle. Where's the bits?"

The answer was that he had actually palmed the coins and had them in a pocket in the underside of the table cloth in his head. An answer just of 'palming the coins' wouldn't work -- she had to mention the pocket, and that it was by the left leg closer to him.

"You palmed the coins and had them in a pocket in the underside of the tablecloth, and it's by the left leg closer to you, and the answer wouldn't have been valid if I hadn't specified that." Smoothie tells him.

Lycan 01
2012-09-29, 05:50 PM
Bar

Snickers shakes her head. "No, no, I'm fine. Just the spinning talking," she mutters, before staggering to her feet - and promptly slipping around a bit on the whipped cream. "Eeeep!" she cutely squeaks as she tries to maintain her balance.

Deme
2012-09-29, 10:42 PM
"Alright, then....Changelings can't read minds, can they?"

He asked, suddenly worried.

---

"Snickers!"

Well, of course, Stallionglove tried to catch and steady her friend. Which results in more slipping about, which eventually...Resulted in the two of them in a tangled heap on the floor.

"Moving is bad," came Stallionglove's muffled voice.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-29, 11:02 PM
"Alright, then....Changelings can't read minds, can they?"

He asked, suddenly worried.

"No, they can't. At the very least, none that would have anything against me can, and I've never heard of a single Changeling ever having mind-reading abilities." Smoothie says.

Lycan 01
2012-09-29, 11:12 PM
"Moving is very bad..." Snickerfilly squeaks from under the green giant.

Don't worry, she's fine. Just slightly squished.

Deme
2012-09-30, 10:35 AM
"Alright, that's good...But we should have some way of testing if we get seperated before we talk to Spark. A call and response for each of us."

---

"Sorry. Sorry."

Stallionglove mumbles, trying to shrink back and disentangle herself at the same time. It's not going too well.

Lycan 01
2012-09-30, 01:31 PM
Despite being squished and tangled, Snickerfilly giggles. "Nothing to apologize for, Foxglove," she says cheerfully. "Help me up, though? I mean, you're such a big, strong stallion now. Shouldn't you be a gentlecolt and assist the dainty little mares?" the gender-bent pegasus playfully says with a coy smile.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-30, 02:41 PM
"Alright, that's good...But we should have some way of testing if we get seperated before we talk to Spark. A call and response for each of us."

"Alright...Think one up, and think about it, don't say it out loud. I'll confirm whether it's a good idea or not, but saying it out loud could prove disastrous..." Smoothie says.

Benson
2012-10-01, 12:13 AM
Fox Trot was still lamely passed out on the floor.