PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Were-Creature Build Help Needed

togapika
2012-08-27, 01:15 PM
How can I build a Halfling Were-T-Rex within the rules without using homebrew?

theUnearther
2012-08-27, 04:38 PM
Do you mean because of the size difference? There is the Dungeonbred template in Dungeonscape, which makes some animal (and other things) a size smaller, up to medium. Because they're bred to keep dungeons, you see. Assuming it can be stacked on itself, you can end up with a Medium-sized T-Rex, which then can transfer lycantropy to your halfling by however that is supposed to work. It will be a slightly less powerful T-Rex than normal, though.

The other way I can think of is having a were-t-rex whatever breed with a smaller creature until it breeds true, whereupon you breed the child with a yet smaller creature, up until you have your were-t-rex halfling.
But on checking the info on lycantropy, there does not seem to be a provision for this happening.

togapika
2012-08-27, 04:39 PM
No ways to temporarily change my size so I can contract the disease?

Urpriest
2012-08-27, 04:45 PM
No ways to temporarily change my size so I can contract the disease?

Easily. Expansion, for example, can make the manifester increase by two size categories at level 7 and up. The question is, when you no longer are Large, do you still keep the template? Since some templates change a creature's type such that after the template they wouldn't qualify, this may be allowed...but the rules really don't say anything explicit on the topic, so please talk to your DM.

togapika
2012-08-28, 05:03 AM
But for this template, type doesn't matter... The only semi-requirement is that the animal be within one size category of the base creature's size

Darrin
2012-08-28, 05:27 AM
But for this template, type doesn't matter... The only semi-requirement is that the animal be within one size category of the base creature's size

A Dungeonbred Cave Tyrannosaur (from the Miniatures Handbook) is medium-sized.

togapika
2012-08-28, 06:22 AM
I suppose I could just as easily use the stats for a tyrannosaur animal companion, but the desire here is to be a really small halfling who turns into a really giant dinosaur.

AlchemicalMyst
2012-08-28, 07:19 AM
For exactly what you want? No. As far as I know. At least not without a lot of extra work for only temporary effects.

togapika
2012-08-28, 07:24 AM
Yeah, I suppose the best I could hope for is to be a medium sized were-tyrannosaur and then enlarge myself while in animal form...