PDA

View Full Version : No Adventurers Allowed: Team Basilisk Spleen (IC)

begooler
2012-08-27, 02:04 PM
Reverse Dungeon Crawl
Team Basilisk Spleen
Long ago, the Karackt carved out their niche in the multiverse as builders of demiplanes. Their works were highly sought after by your everyday retired epic wizard or secret society of important-artifact-hiding-away-ness, and other unfathomable beings with unintelligible goals.
The Karrackt are no longer in business, and haven't been for eons. Some folks say they made their own new and improved world, packed up, and moved to it.
The remains of their workshops lay in ruins deep in these woods, accessible from free-standing doorways in a clearing. Their creations have become an overgrown, tangled mess of a labyrinth, filled with many dungeons.
Many creatures make their home here. Some wandered here and can't find their way out. Some have come here in hopes of accomplishing something. Some seem to have just been spawned by the labyrinth itself.
In spite of (or perhaps because of) the many permanent inhabitants, adventurers come to this labyrinth to explore and pillage its many dungeons.

The Dungeon! (It may be one of many, but its yours.)
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8991/basiliskmapday1.jpg
1sq=5ft
[]=Door (See details for quality and lock)
x=Secret or concealed door (See details)
[]=Trap. (Except alarm traps, which are green. See details)
[]=Alarm. (Either spell, or permanent trap)
Glow=Lichen

Lichen:
Room 2, 3, 5, 8

Room 1
Door (east, 3 from north): wooden, simple, free
Door (west, 3 from north): wooden, simple, free, side-sliding
Ceiling: 13 ft
Lighting: Low Daylight
The floor of this room is sand. Smooth stones, small cacti and other succulent plants with blooms are scattered about. The walls are exceptionally smooth and curve at the corners where one wall meets another, the floor, or the ceiling. Water trickles from one area of the ceiling. Once per day, an unseen servant with an equally unseen rake combs delicate patterns in the sand. The sand gives off light as bright as morning.
Room 2
Door (north, 1 from west): wooden, strong, stuck
Ceiling: 8 ft
Lighting: None
This room has brick walls, a wooden ceiling with rafters, and a wood floor that creaks when walked upon. (Below the floor is a crawl space 3-6 feet deep with an uneven earth bottom.) Mold, moss and ferns grow near cracks in the walls.
The East half of this room has been newly opened up and does not have the wood floor or crawl space below. A few sections of wall made of packed earth have been added in the south area of the room, sheilding the lichen.
A 10 foot by 10 foot hole has been dug in the subfloor. 10 feet down, the material is stone instead of earth.

1 Lichen, located in the pocket created by the protruding wall in the south.

Room 3
Door (west, 6 from north): stone, stuck, trapped [trap: large net trap (CR1) (Find/Disable DC 21)]
Door (east, 3 from north): wooden, simple, stuck
Door (south, 10 from west): wooden, simple, locked
Door (north, 10 from west): wooden, strong, stuck
Door (south, 8 from west): wooden, simple, locked
Door (south, 2 from west): wooden, strong, locked, down-sliding
Ceiling: Sky
Lighting: Mid Day Sun
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1125/basiliskgroveroom3.jpg
The arched doorways of this room open up to a clearing in a quiet grove of fruit trees with the sky above. The doors stand in the center of this clearing.

{table=Head]X|1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9|10|11|12
A|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|4|x
B|x| |T|T|T|T|T| | | | |x
C|x| |T|T|T|T|T| | | | |x
D|x| |T|T|L|T|T| | | | |2
E|x| |T|T|T|T|T| | | | |x
F|x| |T|T|T|T|T| | | | |x
G|1| | | | | | | | | | | x
H|x|x|6|x|x|x|x|x|5|x|3|x
[/table]
Spear Gauntlet Trap:
10 feet from the lichen are a series of leafy pads that when activated causes a spear to shoot up from each square surrounding the lichen up to 10 feet away. (Each spear emerges from a slightly different spot each round so that creatures can't simply stand between the spears.
Spoiler
Find DC: 17; Trigger: Location; Init +1; Melee +4 spear (1d8+1/x3) (each square each round); Duration: 5 rounds; Destruction: AC 12, Hardness 5, 10 HP (each square); Disarm: Disable Device DC 17 (each square), Disable Device DC 19 (central root located @E5)

1 Lichen, in the middle of the clearing
Room 4
Door (west, 5 from north): wooden, good, locked
Door (south, 9 from west): (concealed) wooden, simple, free, behind rubbish
Ceiling: 15ft
The walls and floor are loose earth and the remains of stone tiles. The ceiling is loose earth and roots.
A slope beginning north of the door on the west wall tunnels downwards at a 45 degree angle, descending 5 ft for each 5ft dug. At ten feet, the material becomes hard stone instead of earth. A hole dug through this stone reveals a lower cavern. A rope is left dangling to allow creatures to enter and exit the cavern.(See Cavern 7 in Cavern descriptions below and Cavern Level map.)

Room 5
Door (east, 3 from north): (concealed) stone, locked (Open Lock DC 40), behind rubbish + CR 1 trap (alarm, automatic reset, mental, Search DC 26; Disable Device DC 26)
Door (south, 7 from west): (concealed) illusory wall Trap: Glitterdust
Ceiling: 9 ft
Lighting: Low Light (moonlight)
This room has a mosaic tiled floor covered by a few vines and its walls are tall hedges which arch upwards towards the ceiling. At the apex of this arch, moonlight shines through an opening in the hedges, casting low light throughout the room.

Two Pit Traps In Middle of Room:
CR 1; mechanical; location trigger; manual reset; DC 20 Reflex save avoids; 12,5 ft. deep (1d6, fall); Search DC 24; Disable Device DC 20.

These pit traps go down to the Cavern Level. See Cavern 29. A rope is left dangling from the west pit to allow access.

One pit trap south of east trap; 5ft deep.

A lichen grows on the east end of the room, at the edge of the hedges.
Traps:
Glitterdust Trap: South, one square north of door. Glitterdust Trap
CR 3; magic device; proximity trigger (alarm); automatic reset; spell effect (Glitterdust, 3rd-level wizard, blinded and visibly outlining invisible things for 3 rounds, DC 13 will); Search DC 27; Disable Device DC 27.

Room 6
Door (east, 6 from north): (secret) rotating wall, magic word trigger
Door (west, 3 from north): (concealed) iron, locked, behind rubbish
Door (south, 4 from west): wooden, simple, stuck
Ceiling: 10ft
Lighting: Negates light supernaturally, but creatures with darkvision can see.
The floor of this room is moist dirt and moss. A stone bench lines its north wall. A willow grows near the center, despite the fact that the room is always dark. (Sources of light with a spell level below 3 do not illuminate anything in this room.)
Time affects this room differently. For every round that passes in this room, 1d6 pass outside of it. A creature leaving or entering this room takes 1d6 rounds to pass through the threshold. (During which time it gets no actions, but no other creatures cannot affect it either.) Time spent passing through the threshold of this room does not count against the duration of spells or effects, or grant extra rounds of fast healing or the like.
The hall to the west of this room is protected by a pit trap.

Room 7
Door (east, 5 from north): wooden, simple, free
Door (north, 3 from west): (concealed) wooden, strong, stuck, behind rubbish
Door (south, 2 from west): (secret) up-sliding, gesture trigger
Door (north, 1 from west): stone, stuck, side-sliding
Ceiling: 15ft
Lighting: Negates light supernaturally, but creatures with darkvision can see.
The floor of this room is moist dirt and moss. A willow grows near the center, despite the fact that the room is always dark. (Sources of light with a spell level below 3 do not illuminate anything in this room.)
Room 8
Door (east, 1 from north): iron, locked
Ceiling: Sky
Lighting:Dusk
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2840/basiliskgroveroom8.jpg
The arched doorway of this room opens up to a clearing in a quiet grove of fruit trees with the early night sky above. The single door stands in the center of this clearing. In the middle of the clearing there is a small dark hole in the ground through which the sound of running water can be heard.
1 Lichen is also near the middle of the clearing, growing on a rock.

Room 9
Door (west, 1 from north): stone, locked
Ceiling: 12ft
Lighting: None
The stone walls and floor of this 25' x 45' room are intricately carved with abstract designs. In the center of the room is a mandala of inlaid stone. At one end of this room is a pool of water, and from a one corner of the room grows a bush with strange fruit.
The walls of this room have a ledge that extents 2 feet from the wall and is 2 feet up. If a creature stands on this ledge they get a bonus from attacking from higher ground against another creature of their size category or smaller.
Above the ledges, the walls between this room and the next room (or hallway) are actually just thick tangles of plant growth.

Cavern Level:
http://imageshack.us/a/img40/8201/basiliskmaplowerlevel.jpg
Note that you do not automatically know the locations of traps and secret doors in the cavern level. You may explore the caverns. Time passes differently in the caverns than the Garden level. (Simply, time is based on post rate, and events happen concurrent to whatever has been posted in the upper level, regardless of how much time the events actually require.) Caverns are revealed as you discover them.

Cavern 7:

Door (east, 3 from north): stone, obstructed (Concealed)
Door (west, 3 from north): wooden, simple, obstructed, trapped [trap: spiked pit trap (40 ft. deep) (CR3) (Find/Disable DC 21)]
The natural stone walls of this room are littered with carvings of unintelligible runes. A large boulder is found in the room. The floor is littered with bones, mostly of humanoids.
The two doors in this room are obstructed by heaps of earth and stone.
The tunnels from Room 7 continue where they left off.

Cavern 18:
Door (east, 1 from north): rotating wall, pressure-plate trigger
Door (north, 2 from west): wooden, simple, stuck
Door (west, 1 from north): iron, stuck
Ceiling 12ft
Lighting: low light
The natural stone walls of this room are littered with carvings of unintelligible runes.
The floor is littered with bones, mostly of humanoids, and the walls and ceiling are covered with bioluminescent plants and fungi, casting low light throughout the room.
Cavern 19:

Door (south, 5 from west): iron, free
Door (north, 2 from west): (concealed) wooden, strong, free
Door (south, 1 from west): iron, locked, trapped [trap: lightning blast (CR3) (Find/Disable DC 21)
The floor of this room is sand. Smooth stones, including some large boulders, and tumbleweeds are scattered about. Bioluminescent plants grow in a few areas. The walls are exceptionally smooth and curve at the corners where one wall meets another, the floor, or the ceiling. Every so often, a breeze blows the sand about, causing the room to become hazy and creating a shrill whistle. The sand gives off a soft violet and orange glow in the room, as a sunset.
A treasure horde is located in the middle of the room. (Looted)
Cavern 29:
Door (south, 3 from west): wooden, good, stuck
Ceiling: 7ft*
This warm, steamy room is terraced in 5ft wide steps which descend towards a pit in the center of the room The sound of bubbling water can be heard from the pit, and every so often a jet of steam and boiling water erupts from it. On the west side of the room, the empty carapace of a huge aquatic arthropod is draped across the terraced floor.
(Each 'step' in the floor is 5ft across and goes down 1ft.) The ceiling is 7ft above the floor's highest point.
A hole is in the ceiling just inside the door, with a rope for climbing.

DAY 3
Post here in [spoiler] to make modifications to the dungeon. You can continue to discuss in OOC, but modifications won't be made unless posted here. (To avoid confusion.)
Also, don't forget to post where you are stationed and what minions you are with.

You will be alerted if your actions are interrupted by adventurers before then.
You can also chat or discuss in character.
*Notes: The lichen in Grove Room 8 has been moved, but not updated in image. Cavern descriptions and images are up to date.

Hellfire014
2012-08-27, 06:04 PM
Arkan, Day 0

Room 4, beginning of digging, A1 is top left corner.
{table=Head]X|1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10
A|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|^
B|^|<|<|<|<|<|<|<|<|<
C|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|^
D|^|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x
[/table]

Begin digging from D1, dig 5'North, and 5'Down (45* angle), turning East. Continue digging 5'East and 5'Down until C10, where I have the slope turn to reach B10, where I continue my 45* angle dig down, going West towards B1. Continue digging this pattern until A10, the end of the path. While digging, Mine out the ceiling to be level with the rest of the room.

Tools:
Heavy Pick + Radiance(Thunder's Glare) [1d4+1(piercing) + 3d6+5 (Sonic), Any Zorn minions donated for my use.

Excess dirt/stone is taken above-ground using Floating Disc and laid out as a low 'wall' (5' high) around our dungeon's groves. If the Xorn doesn't eat it, I can later take a wand of Create Water and some scrolls of Transmute Mud to Rock to it.

Mangles
2012-08-28, 06:30 AM
Glen Day 0

Image of Glen

http://i47.tinypic.com/2jb3atu.png

http://i48.tinypic.com/29mkcvk.png

Up the north east edge of the picture the P is a pit trap and the X just south of it is a secret door. Beryllium was used to create the pit trap. I bought the door with money. The Pit trap has an alarm spell on it.

In room 2 I am going to be doing a bit of expanding and the A on the door is an alarm spell created by my floating eye.

I shall also coax the Lichen one square to the south and if I have a Xorn I will use the half rock to build a small wall around it.

Glen's third eye (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=439717) - Clairvoyance stance

Glen's pickaxe (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=441015)

Lexin
2012-08-28, 07:07 AM
Lester Day 0

Room 5
{table=Head]X|1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9|10
A|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x
B|x| | | | | |L| | |x
C|x| |P| |P| | | | |x
D|x| | | | | | | | |1
E|x| | | |K| |T| | |x
F|x|x|x|x|x|x|2|x|x|x
[/table]
1- Door 1 - (concealed) stone, locked (Open Lock DC 40), behind rubbish + CR 1 trap (alarm, automatic reset, mental, Search DC 26; Disable Device DC 26)
2 - Door 2 - (concealed) illusory wall
x - walls
L- lichen
P (c3)- Passage to caverns + camouflaged Pit fall
CR 1; mechanical; location trigger; manual reset; DC 20 Reflex save avoids; 20 ft. deep (2d6, fall); Search DC 24; Disable Device DC 20.
Bottom hatch (camouflaged) Search DC 24
P (C5) - Camouflaged Pit Fall
CR 1; mechanical; location trigger; manual reset; DC 20 Reflex save avoids; 12,5 ft. deep (1d6, fall); Search DC 24; Disable Device DC 20.
K- Camouflaged Pit trap 5ft deep (If Lester isn't around Kobold is inside, hidden, ready to react)
T- CR 3 trap

Glitterdust Trap
CR 3; magic device; proximity trigger (alarm); automatic reset; spell effect (Glitterdust, 3rd-level wizard, blinded and visibly outlining invisible things for 3 rounds, DC 13 will); Search DC 27; Disable Device DC 27.

Eyeball (near Lester)
Kobold (Pit trap)

TheDon
2012-08-28, 01:13 PM
Fln'Brax Day 0

A voice resonates in Glen's head "Welcome roomate, you have top bunker *chuckle* I'm under the floor boards if you are wondering.".

A Voice resonates in Scruffy's... thinking center.
"Would you be able to dig tunnels under the room with the creaking wooden floor? Roughly 10 feet down would work. If you need help getting through the subfloor without damaging it, I can help with that."
Fln'Brax is currently lairing under the floor boards of room 2.

The voice Glen is hearing is actually Fln'Brax's minion who's under orders to repeat everything he says telepathicaly to whoever he happens to be looking at. He also has his Traitor's tongue aura turned off at the moment, so his roomate can respond.

Fln'Brax's familiar, a raven, is happily living in the clearing where it is more at home. However, if something were to come through, it's under orders to hide, the empathic link would let him know. Eye1 and Eye2 are under orders to relay any intruders they pickup with their clairvoyance ability between the two of them and then let anyone within their telepathic range know (through mindsight)

The minions have also placed alarm traps a little all over the dungeon.

Minion
Eyeball x2 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=439762)
My modifications on map
http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii621/Donkefka/RecverseDungeon2.png
The big circles are the range of telepathy of the floating eyeballs.
Ouch, my telepathic message system took a serious hit.

begooler
2012-09-05, 02:25 PM
Scruffy aids Fln'Brax and Arkan in digging. In Room 4, Arkan and Scruffy eventually reach stone, once they dig below 10ft. Arkan is able to pick away 5ft down through the stone, revealing lower caverns that rest below their garden. He opens up an entrance in the 18ft high ceiling of a cavern. The natural stone walls of this cavern are littered with carvings of unintelligible runes. A large boulder is found in the room. The floor is littered with bones, mostly of humanoids. There is one wooden door that can be seen.
See details on map and description of caverns.

Fln'Brax is also confronted with a stone floor after Scruffy digs 10 feet deep.
The other modifications to the dungeon are completed as planned.

End Day 0. Begin Day 1.

Lexin
2012-09-05, 02:47 PM
Lester, Day 1

Room 5
1. Moving Lichen from B9 to B8.

2. Lester tries to check what is above this room, where the light comes from.

3. ... would the cost for pit trap be lowered if I borrow a burrowing creature from someone? ... According to SRD digging a 10 ft hole costs 1,8k...

4. Digging a 20 ft hole in C3 and C5 + 5ft one in E5, using a borrowed Xorn

If someone tell Lester that you have a way to Caverns below, he would be happy to look around there...

begooler
2012-09-05, 03:27 PM
As Lester investigates the apex of the topiary ceiling in Room 5, he discovers that no matter how high he ascends, the opening in the bushes is always just out of reach, though the floor does get farther and farther below him. The source of the moonlight is the moon, which can be seen through the opening. The moonlight does not change as the 'day' passes.

Hellfire014
2012-09-05, 09:14 PM
Day 1
Arkan does some exploring around the new cave, spending a significant amount of time searching the area for any sort of traps, secret doors, or other such oddities (take 20). Should he find any, he places an Arcane Mark to mark the hazards and doors, and uses excess earth to blockade the doors (for now). The rest of the day is spent continuing digging as stated in Day 0. He also attaches a rope near the edge of the hole, so his less mobile acquaintances can get down there.

Day 0 Clarification: perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my description, but the digging isn't just going down 5 feet each row, but 5 feet each square I dig. So It's not a gentle, wide slope down, but a somewhat narrow, windy, steep slope. At A10, I would have dug 155 feet downwards, total, along with leveling the ceiling up to that point. The table added was meant to be the path I dig over a period of time, MUCH longer than a day.

begooler
2012-09-05, 09:43 PM
Arkan discovered that the door on the west wall of the cavern triggers a pit trap. (If he doesn't have a kobold handy or trapfinding, he sets it off while searching, but to no negative effect since he can fly.) The pit is 40ft deep.
On the east wall, Arkan discovers a concealed door, which is a slab of stone that is camouflaged with the rest of the wall but can be slid out of the way.
Both doors open to dank, mildewy smelling tunnels that vary widely in width. The walls of the tunnels are uneven natural stone.
Arkan also finds that the north wall contains a vein of silver, which could be mined out. (At a rate of 100gp worth of silver per hour; the vein contains 2,000 gp worth of silver total.)

Arkan also becomes aware that adventurers can navigate into and out of the tunnels of these caverns, just like they can through the hallways in the garden level. Only depraved adventurers who are hopelessly lost end up in these tunnels.

Lexin
2012-09-06, 12:48 PM
Lester, Day 1 (continued)

Kobold starts working on camouflage on the pits. (375 total)

For progress - [roll0] * 20 (DC) = 500 ... so he finished in one day.

There are now 2 camouflaged pit traps (C3 and C5)
In case of C3, on the bottom there is another camouflaged hatch instead of simple stone.

begooler
2012-09-06, 01:08 PM
Digging below Room 5, Lester opens up an entrance to the ceiling in a cavern.
A wooden door is on the south wall of the carvern, which is somewhat heart shaped, and roughly 25ftx25ft in size.
The warm, steamy cavern is terraced in 5ft wide steps which descend towards a pit in the center of the room The sound of bubbling water can be heard from the pit, and every so often a jet of steam and boiling water erupts from it. On the west side of the room, the empty carapace of a huge aquatic arthropod is draped across the terraced floor.
The steps in the floor drop one foot every five feet. The ceiling is seven feet above the highest step.

Lexin
2012-09-06, 01:15 PM
Lester ties the rope to something in room 5 and quietly descends downstairs. He stays away from the hole in the middle and focuses on looking around the cavern.

Searching for traps 'take 20' for 25
Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Hide [roll2]
Move silently [roll3]

begooler
2012-09-06, 01:46 PM
There seems to be nothing in this cavern beyond what meets the eye. The other side of the door is quiet, and peeping under it reveals it leads to a winding tunnel.

Lester also becomes aware that adventurers can navigate into and out of the tunnels of these caverns, just like they can through the hallways in the garden level. Only depraved adventurers who are hopelessly lost end up in these tunnels.

Updated Cavern Map above.

Lexin
2012-09-07, 01:29 AM
He gives one more quick look around and sends his Eye Minion to others in the dungeon.

"I've found a cavern below my room... Anyone want's to join me to look around?"

TheDon
2012-09-07, 01:39 AM
Fln'Brax Day 1

"Do not dig past the cavern level, it is the deep after that. Pass the message along."

Learning through his minion about the room under room 5, Fln'Brax halts the digging of the stone. He then travels 60 feet straight down through the rock using his incorporeality and then comes back.

regardless of the presence of a room or not, he will join Lester in the exploration.

Fln'Brax takes the floating eyeball that's in room 5 already with him on the exploration, and moves the floating eyeball that's currently in room 2 to room 8, with the instruction to come and alert him if he detects an incursion and to come and find him, and tell anyone within it's mindsight range while it's on it's way so they can spread the message, as per previous instructions.

Edit : Fln'Brax also informs his eyeball that is currently in room 8, to let everyone know within range "Do not dig past the cavern level, it is the deep after that. Pass the message along."

Mangles
2012-09-07, 02:09 AM
Glen day 1

Glen spends his time moving the lichen from room 8 into cavern 7 before heading to join Lester in his exploration of cavern 29. He brings his xorn along with him. He leaves his eye minion in room 2 with the strict instructions to warn him if he perceives any possible threat to the dungeon.

Avalon®
2012-09-07, 01:10 PM
Scruffy Day 1

In room 3, two seeds pop out from Scruffy's side. One grows in about a minute and forms a human-like creature made from plant matter. The other grows in the course of 10 minutes into a series of sharpened sticks, sunk into the ground using powerful roots that surround the lichen.

It orders the verdant servant and then goes off to explore the grove. "Stand guard around the lichen but watch out for the traps."

{table=Head]X|1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9|10|11|12
A|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|4|x
B|x| |T|T|T|T|T| | | | |x
C|x| |T|T|T|T|T| | | | |x
D|x| |T|T|L|T|T| | | | |2
E|x| |T|T|T|T|T| | | | |x
F|x| |T|T|T|T|T| | | | |x
G|1| | | | | | | | | | | x
H|x|x|6|x|x|x|x|x|5|x|3|x
[/table]

Door 1 : stone, stuck, trapped [trap: large net trap (CR1) (Find/Disable DC 21)]
Door 2: wooden, simple, stuck
Door 3: wooden, simple, locked
Door 4: wooden, strong, stuck
Door 5: wooden, simple, locked
Door 6: wooden, strong, locked, down-sliding

Using Budding Creation to make 5 cu. ft. worth of spear gauntlet trap (from Secrets of Xen'drik) that surround the lichen after it has moved to D5 from D6. If one seed isn't enough, Scruffy will use Budding Creation enough times to have two rings worth of spear gauntlet trap surrounding the lichen. These traps rot after 24 hours.

Spear Gauntlet Trap

10 feet from the lichen are a series of leafy pads that when activated causes a spear to shoot up from each square surrounding the lichen up to 10 feet away. (Each spear emerges from a slightly different spot each round so that creatures can't simply stand between the spears.Find DC: 17; Trigger: Location; Init +1; Melee +4 spear (1d8+1/x3) (each square each round); Duration: 5 rounds; Destruction: AC 12, Hardness 5, 10 HP (each square); Disarm: Disable Device DC 17 (each square), Disable Device DC 19 (central root located @E5)

The Verdant Servant is equivalent (right now) to a 3rd level Astral Construct in stats. It is ordered to stay no less than 5 feet away from any of the spear traps and guard the lichen against anyone else who enters the room.

Hellfire014
2012-09-07, 01:41 PM
Arkan Day 1 (continued)
I make my minions, Munchy and Gelihast begin blocking off Cavern 7's doors, then start mining out the silver, while I continue my dig down.

begooler
2012-09-07, 06:56 PM
Fln'Brax's exploration reveals another cavern, that opens up 8ft down from where the stone began. The cavern is approximately 25 by 30 feet in size. Its natural stone walls of this room are covered with carvings of unintelligible runes.
The floor is littered with bones, mostly of humanoids, and the walls and ceiling are covered with bioluminescent plants and fungi, casting low light throughout the room.
The floor of this cavern is 12ft from the ceiling, and below that is solid stone for another 20 feet. Eventually, the stone opens into a cavern as wide as one can see in all horizontal directions. The cavern is filled with water, which doesn't quite reach the ceiling.
This is the deep. Creatures that delve into the deep far enough that they cannot reach the place from where they entered will not find another exit.

Cavern 18 is the initial Cavern Fln'Brax found. (Details added, but image is not updated.)

End Day 1. Begin Day 2.

Lexin
2012-09-08, 04:55 AM
Lester, Day 2

Nothing much to do:
1. Moving Lichen to B7 (included in Day 0 post)

Lester tries to open the door in cavern level, first listening if something is on the other side.
Listen [roll0]

begooler
2012-09-08, 10:30 AM
Nothing is heard from the other side of the door, save the echo of breezes through the tunnels and the occasional sound of water dripping.
The stuck wooden door makes a creaking sound that echoes throughout the tunnel when forced open. Exiting the cavern into the tunnel Lester (as well as Fln'Brax and Glen if they follow) see that the tunnel continues both to the east and to the west. To the east, it narrows severely, and turns around the corner to the south.
To the west, the tunnel widens somewhat, to a little less than 10 feet wide, and continues for about 10 feet until another tunnel opens up to the north. Past this opening a few feet the tunnel stops traveling west, ending at an iron door and another tunnel turning south.

TheDon
2012-09-08, 01:00 PM
Fln'Brax follows Lester, roughly 15 feet behind. He also readies a swift action to go ethereal if they encounter something.

Lexin
2012-09-08, 02:28 PM
Lester chooses the west tunnel, and if he doesn't notice anything dangerous when looking to the tunnels he passes, he continues up to the door. He again listens to check if there is anything on the other side, and if not (and Fln'Brax doesn't want to just look through the door) then he opens it.

Listen [roll0]

Hellfire014
2012-09-08, 02:38 PM
Day 2
Arkan decides to take a break from digging (his back hurts) while he sends Gelihast to continue his route as best he can, and Munchy to start on the Silver vein. Arkan will try to see where everyone is at.

Mangles
2012-09-08, 06:05 PM
Day 2

Glen continues moving the lichen from room 8 into cavern 7.

begooler
2012-09-09, 12:11 PM
Lester and Fln'Brax peek into the cavern. The iron door opens with little effort.

The floor of this cavern is sand. Smooth stones, including some large boulders, and tumbleweeds are scattered about. Bioluminescent plants grow in a few areas. The walls are exceptionally smooth and curve at the corners where one wall meets another, the floor, or the ceiling. Every so often, a breeze blows the sand about, causing the room to become hazy and creating a shrill whistle. The sand gives off a soft violet and orange glow in the room, as a sunset.
A treasure horde is located in the middle of the room.

Cavern 19 will be added to the map when I update it.

Avalon®
2012-09-09, 12:20 PM
Day 2
Scruffy regrows the traps surrounding the lichen in room 3 then proceeds to explore the endless grove wherein the lichen resides.

begooler
2012-09-09, 12:23 PM
The grove is full of fruit trees of many varieties. The ground is covered with leaves, small stones, moss and ferns. If scruffy travels deep enough into the grove that it can't see the clearing, it will have to make survival checks to find its way back.

Lexin
2012-09-09, 12:30 PM
The Eyeball enters the Trepidation Stance, and they both (Lester and Eyeball, which from now on shall be called Bob) scan the room looking for any danger

Spot Eye: [roll0]
Spot Lester: [roll1]
Listen Lester: [roll2]

Of they find nothing, Lester starts looking for traps (26 search check)

If still nothing... for the Treasure!!

begooler
2012-09-09, 12:52 PM
Lester finds an additional door in the room, and also discovers that one of the doors is trapped.

Entered through:
Door (south, 5 from west): iron, free

Other doors
Door (north, 2 from west): (concealed) wooden, strong, free
Door (south, 1 from west): iron, locked, trapped [trap: lightning blast (CR3) (Find/Disable DC 21)]

Meanwhile, Fln'Brax's eyeball minion in Room 8 detects adventurers (or other creatures) arriving on the Garden Level in two rounds. They will either arrive from the south edge of the Grove in Room 8, or from the hallway south of Room 8 and North of Room 5.
Its speed and central location allow it to fly in a circle around the clearing and alert everyone this round.

Initiatives!

Lexin
2012-09-09, 01:06 PM
I assume that the actions in garden level and the ones in the Cavern are not connected, as it was a different day and all... (if I am wrong, just tell me)

Garden
Initiative: [roll0] (28 thanks to Bob)
Bob (Eyeball) stays in room 5 with the 'enemy sensor' turned on.
If he senses nothing Lester runs to the center of dungeon.
(If he can run [x4 movement] then after 2 rounds before combat, he is 2 squares south from the intersection south from room 8)

Cavern:
[SPOILER]Lester can disable this trap with "take 10" try (he has +15 bonus).
Can he take parts of the trap after disarming to either repair it and use it somewhere else, or just feed it to the Lichen to get gp limit for crafting?

He checks the treasure.

Hellfire014
2012-09-09, 02:08 PM
Arkan, hearing the call to arms, grabs his bow and arrows and rushes over to [either Room 3 (hides in a tree in NE corner) or near the secret door outside room 6 (hiding behind the corner), wherever he's directed]. His minions hide in Cavern 7.

Rolls
Initiative: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

begooler
2012-09-09, 02:16 PM
Arkan:
The information from Fln'Brax's eyeball minion indicates that hiding outside the secret door to Room 6 would be closer to where the arriving adventurers are detected, but in the event that they are entering the Grove in Room 8 instead of the hallway, the area in Room 3 would have a shorter path to the adventurers.

Hellfire014
2012-09-09, 03:24 PM
Arkan thinks at the eyeball, <Based on their movement, where are they more likely to enter?>

begooler
2012-09-09, 03:39 PM
It doesn't have any information beyond that, at least until they enter in two rounds and it gets a chance to spot them. Also, the eyeball only sends telepathic messages, someone has to have telepathy, or be within speaking range to respond.

Hellfire014
2012-09-09, 03:42 PM
In that case, Arkan hides in the trees in Room 3, NW corner

Mangles
2012-09-09, 05:39 PM
Glen hunkers down in room 8 protecting the lichen that is there. Should the eyeball's or any alarm's go off in another part of the dungeon, then he will rush to that area.

Avalon®
2012-09-09, 11:22 PM
Hearing the alarm, Scruffy pauses its investigation of the grove and proceeds through the tunnel leading out from door 6. It then proceeds to the intersection to the east of room 6.

There, it turns transparent and attempts to hide.

Initiative: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

If any of the adventurers don't notice me, if they walk into me then they must attempt a DC 17 reflex save or be engulfed.

TheDon
2012-09-10, 01:24 AM
Fln'Brax, after being alerted, quickly goes ethereal and floats to room 8 in a straight line. He floats within the wall. He then leaves out an eyestalk so he is able to see within room, he however hides it. He leaves another eyestalk out so he can keep an eye out on the hallway, also hiding it. He will readjust his position as soon as his minion provides further intel.

Hide room 8 : [roll0]
Hide hallway : [roll1]
Did +21, 9 from rank, 12 from the eye itself being about diminutive size since the rest of my body is fully within the wall.

His other minion is currently in room 5 still.

Cavern
Fln'Brax Also attempts to spot someone out of the ordinary about the treasure
Fln'Brax' Spot : [roll2]
Eyeball : [roll3]

TheDon
2012-09-10, 01:43 AM
Room 8 Spot : [roll0]

begooler
2012-09-10, 02:00 AM
Player Characters and Minions in Room 8 should roll spots/hides if they haven't already to determine who is aware and if there's a surprise round. I'll also post a map in the morning.

Mangles
2012-09-10, 04:19 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Init: [roll1]

begooler
2012-09-10, 05:52 PM
Init for Fln'Brax: [roll0] (I allowed to make roll while still in Bob's trepidation aura)

begooler
2012-09-10, 06:30 PM
MAP (you can edit) (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1pzT3lsttrq_JSYwz1IssbuvE-zWU2c1q1S_jVR9xL4s/edit)

Both Glen and Fln'Brax see some of the adventurers appear; a human woman with silver hair, wearing a breastplate and carrying a shield and a horn but no weapon; and a medium sized creature made of fire. Glen misses it, but Fln'Brax also sees a dark red haired hobgoblin woman, an archer, take aim from behind the trees loosing an arrow at Glen. She tries to hide after sniping, but fails to do so and reveals her position to Glen.

Fln'Brax sees a look of recognition on the face of the Archer. Even if she is unable to tell quite what Glen is, she has discerned at least some information.
After 'sniping' the Archer calls out to the Shieldbearer in Draconic:
"Turn it!"

Rolls/Attacks:

Archer: Attacks Glen
[roll0] Touch; against Flatfooted AC
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] Piercing. (not sneak attack)

Initiative Order: (Surprise round, standard actions etc only)
Archer (turn)
Glen (next)
Fln'Brax
Shieldbearer is not aware.

begooler
2012-09-10, 06:32 PM
In a stroke of unluck, the Archer fails to hit Glen, despite her extremely favorable circumstances.

Glen's turn, then Fln'Brax. On the map, red are the enemies you see. S is the Shieldbearer; A is the Archer; E is the fire elemental.

Mangles
2012-09-10, 06:42 PM
Glen positions himself between the elemental and the armoured human, letting his rotting aura do the work.

double move action to that location. Both of them must make a reflex save DC: 17 or take [roll0] damage on their turn. If they take damage they must make a will save DC: 17 or become sickened for 1 round. Also Glen heals 1 hit point if they fail their reflex save.

begooler
2012-09-10, 06:49 PM
Glen can't take a double move this round, because he's limited to one standard (or one move) plus free/swift actions.

Edit: For convenience sake, we'll just say you were already close enough to make one move, since it was me that positioned you.

begooler
2012-09-10, 06:55 PM
Reflex Saves:
Shieldbearer: [roll0]
Fire Elemental: [roll1]

Mangles
2012-09-10, 06:58 PM
I did not know that. Fixed as discussed

TheDon
2012-09-11, 12:48 AM
Fln'Brax takes a 5' step toward the archer, revealing his position, but also putting the archer within range of his rays. Three of his eyes glow and rays shoot out at the archer.

Range touch attacks
Gaze of Slumber: [roll0] DC 18 Will or sleep
Gaze of Pain : [roll1] DC 18 Will or [roll2] damage
Gaze of Encumbrance : [roll3] DC 18 Will or slowed.

begooler
2012-09-11, 03:50 AM
Will saves:
Slumber: [roll0]
Pain: [roll1]
Encumbrance: (misses)

begooler
2012-09-11, 04:01 AM
The Archer reels back in pain from Fln'Brax's ray, then drops in a peaceful slumber.
Went back to read the description, its identical to the spell, and the Archer has more than 4HD, so is not affected.

The Dualwielder:

Another figure appears from her hiding place within the trees. This one is an elf, wearing a linen shirt and pants instead of armor, and wielding a rapier and shortsword. A shimmering aura of protection envelopes this 'Dualwielder.' The elf steps towards Glen, and with a single swift assault; thrusts both her weapons at him.

Her attacks would be more effective if Glen was a living creature.

Attack 1(Rapier, Glen) [roll0]
Damage [roll1](Magic, Piercing) + [roll2] (Not sneak attack)

Attack (Shortsword, Glen) [roll3]
Damage [roll4](Magic, Piercing) + [roll5] (Not sneak attack)

(If necessary, Reflex and Will Saves for Glen's Aura)
Ref: [roll6]
Will:[roll7]

The Firebearer:

A voice from within the trees gives an order in Ignan to the fire elemental, which responds with an attack towards Glen.
Attack (Slam, Glen) [roll8](Nonmagic, Bludgeoning) + [roll9]Fire
DC 14 Reflex to avoid catching fire, if hit.

Burn (Ex) A fire elemental’s slam attack deals bludgeoning damage plus fire damage from the elemental’s flaming body. Those hit by a fire elemental’s slam attack also must succeed on a Reflex save or catch on fire. The flame burns for 1d4 rounds. The save DC varies with the elemental’s size (see table). A burning creature can take a move action to put out the flame. The save DC is Constitution-based. Creatures hitting a fire elemental with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage as though hit by the elemental’s attack, and also catch on fire unless they succeed on a Reflex save.

From the same source that commanded the elemental, an offensive spell like ability targets Fln'Brax.
(Fort save DC 13 vs. Blindness) I didn't see SR on your sheet, but just in case; CL check: [roll10]
The voice calls out, in common, "A sentry! To the northwest!"
No one spotted this opponent before, and she hasn't moved, but the sound of the voice came from near the Archer.

The Shieldbearer didn't spot Glen or Fln'Brax quickly enough to act this round, and is still flat footed.

End Surprise Round Begin. Round 1.

begooler
2012-09-11, 04:03 AM
Forgot to make the actual attack roll against Glen from the Fire Elemental. [roll0]

begooler
2012-09-11, 04:20 AM
The Archer
With a word, the Archer swiftly casts a spell on herself, quickening her movements.
She then continues her assault on Glen. She recoils from her first attack, seemingly hurt, but each attack that lands, she appears to recover strength.

Attack 1 (Longbow, Glen) [roll0]
Damage: [roll1](Magic, Piercing) + [roll2] (Not sneak attack)

Attack 2 (Longbow, Glen) [roll3]
Damage: [roll4](Magic, Piercing)

Attack 2 (Longbow, Glen) [roll5]
Damage: [roll6](Magic, Piercing)

(Also takes a 5ft step)

Glen's turn, then Lester (still out of room) then Fln'Brax.
Also, note that I made an edit to the language that the Archer was speaking to the Shieldbearer in, as what I originally wrote didn't make sense. (The change doesn't affect anything though- Fln'Brax would be able to make out what she said, but not Glen, which is the same as before.)

begooler
2012-09-11, 10:17 AM
Glen:

Forgot to roll wills saves for the elemental and shieldbearer.
3 enemies have failed their reflex save against the rot this round, healing you for 3 damage.

Will, Shieldbearer: [roll0]
Will, Elemental: [roll1]

TheDon
2012-09-11, 10:19 AM
erg I hate that spell
Fortitude : [roll0]

Lexin
2012-09-11, 10:27 AM
Still running... it seems Lester would be able to get to the middle south door of room 3.

begooler
2012-09-11, 10:33 AM
That's fine. Remember run is a straight line, otherwise double move.

Lexin
2012-09-11, 10:37 AM
Oh... in that case (if you allow straight line, but not really walking on squares) it would be left door of room 3.
If not... about 4 squares from this door.

Mangles
2012-09-11, 04:41 PM
Glen draws himself up, gathering his necromantic energies, and unleashes a wave of force around him.

30 foot radius burst. So it should affect everyone that is there except Fln'Brax. They must make a reflex save DC: 17 or take [roll0] and be knocked prone, if they make the save than half damage no prone.

Also the rotting aura on those close enough to me. Reflex save DC: 17 for [roll1] damage. If they fail the reflex than a DC 17 will save or be sickened.

Last round I ended up taking 11 damage and healing 5 of it. Leaving me on 39 HP

Mangles
2012-09-11, 04:48 PM
some attack rolls in case anyone causes an attack of opportunity from me.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]
[roll4] for [roll5]
[roll6] for [roll7]

begooler
2012-09-11, 05:15 PM
The Shieldbearer and Dualwielder are knocked off their feet by Glen's assault. The Firebearer similarly is knocked over revealing herself from behind a tree stump. She is a gnome with a dark complexion, wearing a woven leather suit of armor and carrying a light mace.

The elemental fails to avoid Glen's rotting aura, as its companions roll out of the way. The creature is repulsed by the aura, weakening it momentarily.

Reflexes, Force Burst, DC 17 (Or full damage (6), knocked prone)
Archer [roll0]
Firebearer [roll1]
Elemental [roll2]
Dualwielder [roll3]
Shieldbearer [roll4]

Reflexes, Rotting Aura, DC 17 (or 2 damage, and heals Glen)
Elemental [roll5]
Dualwielder [roll6]
Shieldbearer [roll7]

Will Saves, Rotting Aura DC 17 (or sickened)
Elemental [roll8]
Dualwielder [roll9]
Shieldbearer [roll10]

It's Fln'Brax's turn, then Scruffy. Scruffy may declare its action out of turn since its in a different room, unless the order would make a difference.

Avalon®
2012-09-11, 11:56 PM
Scruffy hears the sound of fighting and rushes over to join in. It takes the closest route possible which, unfortunately in this case, is through a wall.

TheDon
2012-09-12, 12:37 AM
Fln'Brax wishes he had a voice so he could curse loudly instead of inaudibly. He opens his blind, central eye, pushing out the stored burst of magic disruption. He then retreats 10 feet into the ground, using his ears to guide him as the ground conducts sounds better.

Dispel magic, 50ft cone.
Bunch of rolls, take as many as needed.
Caster checks.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

begooler
2012-09-12, 10:16 AM
Fln'Brax's Dispelling attack strips some of the magical armor protections from the Elemental, the Firebearer and the Dualwielder. It also leaves the Archer with less strength.

The Dualwielder:
The Dualwielder slices at Glen twice from her position on the ground. With a twirl, the elf disappears and then reappears a little bit farther away from Glen, safe from his rotting aura for now.

Edit: Forgot to subtract 4 from attack rolls from prone, but either way they miss.

Attack 1(Rapier, Glen) [roll0]
Damage [roll1](Magic, Piercing) + [roll2] (Not sneak attack)

Attack (Shortsword, Glen) [roll3]
Damage [roll4](Magic, Piercing) + [roll5] (Not sneak attack)

The Firebearer
The Firebearer remains on the ground, and begins chanting the verbal components to a spell while making gestures.

The Elemental (sickened) attacks Glen.
Attack (Slam, Glen) [roll6]
Damage [roll7](Nonmagic, Bludgeoning) + [roll8]Fire
DC 14 Reflex to avoid catching fire, if hit.

Burn (Ex) A fire elemental’s slam attack deals bludgeoning damage plus fire damage from the elemental’s flaming body. Those hit by a fire elemental’s slam attack also must succeed on a Reflex save or catch on fire. The flame burns for 1d4 rounds. The save DC varies with the elemental’s size (see table). A burning creature can take a move action to put out the flame. The save DC is Constitution-based. Creatures hitting a fire elemental with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage as though hit by the elemental’s attack, and also catch on fire unless they succeed on a Reflex save.

The Shieldbearer
Remaining on the ground, the Shieldbearer grasps a silver token hanging from her neck and brandishes it at Glen.

Turning Check [roll9]
(10 or better succeeds at turning Glen)

Archer needs to act, but let me see the results of this.

begooler
2012-09-12, 10:57 AM
Glen is turned, and begins fleeing across the grove.

End Round 1. Begin Round 2.

The Archer
Taking a small step back, the Archer studies Scruffy who has just entered the room, then begins an assault against it, aided by preternatural quickness. Her arrows burst into flames as they are launched. She recoils from the first arrow she shoots, seemingly hurt, but attacks that hit appear to strengthen her.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1](Magic, piercing) + [roll2] Fire. + [roll3](Bonus damage, not sneak attack)

Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5](Magic, piercing) + [roll6] Fire.

Attack 3: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8](Magic, piercing) + [roll9] Fire.

Lester next (not in the room just yet) Then Fln'Brax's turn, then Scruffy's.

TheDon
2012-09-12, 11:46 AM
Fln'Brax concentrates for a moment, listening through the ground, trying to get a read on everyone's position.
Listen: [roll0]
Once he thinks he has them, he will focus on the chanting of the caster and float 5' under him (probably taking a double move to get there) and stop surpressing his Traitor's Tongue ability, letting extend to the full 25 feet, causing suppression of all normal speech and causing spell failure of 75% of any spell with verbal components.

If Fln'Brax still has a standard action (as in, double move wasn't needed), he will Steal Speech on the caster, DC18 Will. If the steal speech is successful, he will yell out "MINION! UPDATE ME ON ALL ENEMY POSITION AND KEEP UPDATING AS THEY MOVE!"

Fln'Brax stays hidden in the ground the whole time.

begooler
2012-09-12, 12:39 PM
Firebearer:
Will Save:[roll0] DC 18
If failed, Spell failure (beating 75 succeeds in casting): [roll1]

The Firebearer's chanting continues, uninterrupted.
If there's any reasonable way for the eyeball to discover Fln'Brax's predicament, it can tell him the enemies locations, allowing him to always guess the correct hex they are in if the eyeball can see them. He'll still have 50% miss on attack rolls.
The listen check allows him to pinpoint the position of anyone within 5ft of wherever he ends his turn.

Scruffy's turn, but we're still working on figuring out who is affected by the steal speech.

begooler
2012-09-12, 01:23 PM
Archer, will: [roll0]
Dualwielder, will: [roll1]

Yes, F, is the Firebearer. The red one that is, the blue is of course you.

Scruffy's turn, who is probably down, but I don't know if it had any immediate actions or other defenses that would change that. Also Scruffy's minions can act too.

begooler
2012-09-12, 04:02 PM
The Dualwielder
The elf is intent upon finding the creature attacking from within the ground. She stomps about and looks around to no avail, and then attempts to cast a spell on herself.

Spell failure, must roll higher than 75.
[roll0]
If succesful, a ring of fire surrounds her. (Which damages anyone who comes within 5ft.)

Arkan's turn, who should be entering the room right about now.

Hellfire014
2012-09-12, 09:22 PM
Arkan enters the room, and upon seeing the adventurers, lets loose a Sleep Arrow.
Sleep Arrow [roll0] DC 20 Will, at the Shieldbearer. If unable to see clearly, Archer or Dual Wielder.
not clear if it deals damage, or if the sleep replaces the damage, its not too clear, but just in case: [roll1] piercing, swift to add Radiance [roll2] sonic, DC 17 Fort save or get knocked back 30 feet. If he hits a wall/tree, take 1d4 bludgeoning damage for every 10ft not traveled due to hitting the wall.

begooler
2012-09-12, 10:03 PM
Will save, Archer: [roll0]

If your monster class does not say otherwise, pixie sleep arrows don't do damage, just the sleep.

SRD:
Special Arrows (Ex)

Pixies sometimes employ arrows that deal no damage but can erase memory or put a creature to sleep.

begooler
2012-09-13, 01:07 AM
The Firebearer
The Firebearer's spell is complete, and another elemental fire appears, this one worm-like in shape. The Firebearer attempts to give it commands, but can't speak properly. It burrows into the ground until in can sense Fln'Brax, then emerges, ready to attack if provoked.
(On its next turn though, it doesn't actually ready an attack; unless it gets an AOO)

The Firebearer moves, towards the source of the recently launched arrow, and attempts to cast a spell.
[roll0] ( <75 fails)
Success= a wall of smoke 10 ft high, as shown on the map.

The Elemental, somewhat confused without commands from the Firebearer, moves and waits for anything to emerge from the ground. (Readied attack if something comes out of the ground within it reach.)

The Shieldbearer
The Shieldbearer blows into her horn, the sounds coming out somewhat distorted, and strange, but still effective. Her allies' weapons each burst with flames. She drops the horn, letting it dangle around her neck, and stands up.and approaches the Dualwielder, ready to protect her with her shield. Edit: Woops, she needs to stand up from prone first.

End Round 2. Begin Round 3.

begooler
2012-09-13, 01:21 AM
The Archer
The Archer, eager to get from whatever is causing speech to fumble moves north, then returns fire to her new opponent. She recoils as she launches the arrow; it appears to wound her.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (Magic, piercing) + [roll2](extra damage, not sneak attack +[roll3]Fire.

Glen is up, but he's turned and now running through the grove. (Might want to send some minions to help him find his way back...)
Lester's turn, then Fln'Brax.

Lexin
2012-09-13, 05:51 AM
Lester enters the room, and heads around the center.
He throws his dagger at Fire Bearer,
[roll0] attack (+2 if arcane caster)
[roll1] damage (+ [roll2] if arcane caster)

And then turns invisible.

TheDon
2012-09-13, 06:23 AM
Fln'Brax cackles in a feminin elvan voice at the duelist's feet. "Thank you for the voice, it'll be alright, you won't live long enough to regret losing it". Fln'Brax cackles once again before leaving, having received the telepathic update on the firebearer's position.

Fln'Brax moves between the archer and the firebearer and attempts to steal speach once again
Steal speech on archer and firebearer, Will DC 18

begooler
2012-09-13, 08:53 AM
Lester's attack misses the Firebearer, thanks to the gnome's leather armor, small size, an ability to anticipate and dodge blows. The Firebearer and the Archer desperately try to keep their voices in their throats.

Will saves
Archer
Firebearer [roll] 1d20+10

begooler
2012-09-13, 08:55 AM
Firebearer fixed roll: [roll0]

begooler
2012-09-13, 08:57 AM
Jeez, the Firebearer rolls again. [roll0]

begooler
2012-09-13, 09:08 AM
The Archer's voice escapes her throat and is captured by Fln'Brax.

Scruffy
Up to -3 HP; can use minions if it wants.

The Dualwielder:
The elf looks for Lester, eager to engage with another swordfighter, and when she doesn't see him, she attacks Arkan instead.

Casting a spell as a swift action [roll0] (<75 fails) Speech stolen is no verbal components, not % failure.
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2] + [roll3](Extra damage, not sneak attack) + [roll4] Fire.

DC 18 will save or be dazed.

It's Arkan's turn

Hellfire014
2012-09-13, 01:02 PM
Arkan Withdraws from melee range, flying up and suddenly going invisible.
Withdraw action to about 20' into the air, quicken SLA Invisibility on self.

begooler
2012-09-13, 03:02 PM
The Firebearer
The gnome retreats back towards the Shieldbearer and again attempts to calls out to its elemental companions, discovering that her voice is unhindered from here. In Ignan, she directs the summoned worm-like fire elemental to use its tremorsense to find the invisible opponent on the ground, and directs the other fire elemental to attack the target that the fire worm attacks.

Summoned Fire Worm Thing (attacking Lester)

Attack (Slam): [roll0] Odd misses: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] +[roll3] Fire. DC 12 reflex save to avoid catching fire.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG242a.jpg

Fire Elemental (attacking Lester)
[roll4] Odd misses: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] + [roll7] Fire. DC 14 reflex save to avoid catching fire.

She then casts a spell on herself, and she and the fire elemental gain a shield of flame.
Adjacent creatures (Lester) take [roll8] damage, reflex DC 18 for half.

The Shieldbearer
The Shieldbearer casts a spell to quicken her movements, then moves towards the Archer, and conjures a whip of glowing energy. She flicks it at the Archer, who recovers some strength.
[roll9]

Enemies within 5ft of the Shieldbearer have a -4 penalty to attack rolls against her allies. (no one is this round)

End Round 3. Begin Round 4.

The Archer
The silent hobgoblin fires two shots attempting to strike the invisible Arkan.
Attack 1:[roll10] Odd misses:[roll11]
Damage:[roll12] + [roll13]Fire.

Attack 2:[roll14] Odd misses:[roll15]
Damage:[roll16] + [roll17]Fire.

Lester's turn, then Fln'Brax.
Also, the Dualwielder provoked from Lester, if he so chooses, he can make that attack. (Though, I'm guessing that would make him not invisible.)

Lexin
2012-09-14, 05:46 AM
Lester

Umm, 1 win or fail on the miss chance?

Assuming they hit then.
Reflex: [roll0]
Reflex2: [roll1]

Attack - Firebearer
attack [roll2] +2 if arcane caster (+ Ignore Dex)
damage [roll3] + [roll4] + [roll5] SA + [roll6] if arcane caster

Swift action- Invisibility

Move action- Getting away (cannot access map right now... hopefully some stone floor to prevent worm attack)

begooler
2012-09-14, 08:55 AM
Lester's attack hits, and hurts the Firebearer severely. She's still standing, but badly wounded.

His skill with attacking arcane casters suggests that the Firebearer is not an arcane caster.
The Firebearer is proving difficult to hit. She's wearing leather armor (a 'chain' shirt of sorts, but made of particularly tough, reptilian leather in braided loops) and is quick to anticipate and dodge blows. (The Dualwielder is unarmored; The Shieldbearer wears a breastplate and of course a shield; the Archer wears a chain shirt.)
Both elementals have only natural armor.

Also those miss chance attacks miss on a 1 (odd) and hit on a 2, so the ones from the elementals hit Lester, but all the Archer's attacks this round missed.

Fln'Brax's turn.

TheDon
2012-09-14, 10:23 AM
Fln'Brax rolls his blind eyes as he hears from his minion that the firebearer has moved and moves along with him. He attempts to steal his voice once again, hoping to prevent him from ordering his minions.

Steal Speech, Will DC 18

begooler
2012-09-14, 10:26 AM
The Firebearer narrowly succeeds in keeping her voice.

will: [roll0]

Scruffy's turn

Avalon®
2012-09-14, 12:38 PM
Scruffy regains some semblance of consciousness and silently sinks some roots into the ground to rejuvenate itself.

While rooted, Scruffy gains the following bonuses:

+4 on rolls to resist being grappled, bull rushed or tripped
+2 to natural armor (stacks with other natural armor)
Fast Healing 2 (stacks with other Fast Healing)

begooler
2012-09-14, 12:56 PM
The Dualwielder
The elf takes a five foot step, blocking the door, then makes two attacks, each into a different square, in an attempt to find Lester. Both fail, as he has stepped just outside the room. She then swiftly activates a spell like ability, causing her outline to become fuzzy and blurred, granting her concealment.

1 round, 20% miss chance for attacks against her.

I'm assuming Lester and Arkan left the door open when they came in, otherwise, someone would have seen it open and close when Lester snuck out.

Arkan's turn

Hellfire014
2012-09-14, 02:43 PM
Arkan fires off another Sleep Arrow, then waves his hand at the Dualwielder.
Sleep Arrow [roll0] DC 20 @ Archer. I forgot to add shaky penalty last time, didn't hit anyway.
Quickened Hold Person SLA DC 17 @ DualWielder

begooler
2012-09-14, 02:47 PM
Dualwielder will save vs DC17 [roll0]

The Dualwielder is paralyzed where she stands, but Arkan's sleep arrow once again misses the Archer.

Is Arkan visible or invisible now?

Hellfire014
2012-09-14, 02:54 PM
Visible, forgot to add that. I don't get greater invisibility until 7hd.

begooler
2012-09-14, 06:05 PM
The Firebearer delays until after the Shieldbearer.

The Shieldbearer
The Shieldbearer again conjures a lash of glowing energy, and whips at the Firebearer with it, healing her. She then moves towards the Dualweilder in an effort to protect her.

[roll0] healed.

-4 penalty to attacks against allies adjacent to the Shieldbearer. She threatens 5ft with the energy whip.

The Firebearer
As she tries to command her elementals, the Firebearer realizes again that speach is hindered where she stands. She begins to moves as far as possible to the other side of Scruffy, and in Ignan, direct both elementals to attack the Lichen.
(Below may change due to AOO's)

Fire Elemental:
attack (Lichen) [roll1] (AC 10)
damage: [roll2] + [roll3] Fire.
Also, Lichen take [roll4] Fire damage per round
Note that when I used 3d6 fire damage last round, it was incorrect, but I won't change what the damage to Lester was retroactively

Summoned Fire Worm Thing:
attack (Lichen) [roll5] (AC 10)
damage: [roll6] + [roll7] Fire.

The Lichen also takes [roll8] damage from being on fire.

IF the Firebearer ends up adjacent to Scruffy; Scruffy is damaged by the Firebearer's aura of flame.
[roll9]

The Firebearer and Elemental's movement might have provoked from Scruffy, which may change some of the above events.

Avalon®
2012-09-16, 10:30 AM
Scruffy feebly takes a swipe at the passing Firebearer using one of its tentacles.

Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] acid
Paralysis [roll3] rounds, DC 19 Fort.

If the Firebearer is paralyzed, Scruffy will automatically engulf him.

begooler
2012-09-16, 10:58 AM
Scruffy's attack misses the Firebearer who is enjoying a cornucopia of armor enhancements. Shocked that the horrifying creature is not dead after all, the panicked Firebearer ends her movement with drawing a light mace and desperately attacking Scruffy. The light mace bursts with flame as she strikes.

Damage (bludgeoning): [roll1] + [roll2] Fire.

After stopping to attack, the Firebearer realizes too late that she has not escaped Fln'Brax's Traitor's Tongue aura. Her voice betrays her and she is unable to command the elementals.

begooler
2012-09-16, 11:16 AM
End Round 4. Begin Round 5.
The Archer:
The Archer doesn't yet react to the reanimated Scruffy, as she is focused on dueling with the other bow wielder, Arkan. She attempts to deprive him of his weapon by knocking it out of his hand with her arrow.

Damage: None, but if the attack hits Arkan's AC; Arkan needs to make an opposed attack roll or be disarmed. (They have the same types of weapons, so don't add mods for weapon type, but do add the penalty for Arkan's weapon being the small size category.)

Arkan is not disarmed, because the attack didn't land. Lester's turn.
Here's a map since to help, if you still have issues with the document:
http://imageshack.us/a/img411/948/screenshot20120916at112.png
The arch of the door is between the Dualwielder and Shieldbearer (who are adjacent) The Shieldbearer is defending the Dualwielder, providing a -4 penalty on attack rolls against her. (If you attack the Dualwielder and factor that in yourself, mention it so it doesn't get factored in twice.) The Dualwielder is paralyzed and anyone can move through her square. She is helpless.

begooler
2012-09-16, 08:25 PM
Archer tries not to drop her bow as her attempt to disarm Arkan fails miserably.
[roll0] (Crit fail confirm)

She succeeds in keeping a hold on it.

Lexin
2012-09-16, 10:00 PM
Lester

I am acting a bit on assumptions but:

Free step/ move action to dual wielder (assuming he is the closes enemy)
Standard action - Sneak attack
attack [roll0] +2 if arcane caster (you never know...)
damage [roll1] + because of invisibility (strike from shadows) [roll2] + (Sneak attack) [roll3] + (if arcane) [roll4]

Swift action- Invisibility

Lexin
2012-09-16, 10:02 PM
Confirm [roll0]
for glorious [roll1]

begooler
2012-09-16, 10:37 PM
[roll0] (<20% misses)

The Shieldbearer is unable to protect the Dualwielder from Lester's attack. The elf drops to the ground with a deep slash in her side. She doesn't appear to be breathing.

Arkan's turn.

Hellfire014
2012-09-17, 12:22 AM
Instead of shooting another arrow, Arkan moves a little closer to the archer, then hurls a bolt of light at the hobgoblin.
move to 30 feet away from the archer, still outside of melee range.[roll0] ranged touch attack for [roll1] damage, half fire, half light. DC 17 or shaken for 1 minute.

begooler
2012-09-17, 12:24 AM
Arkan's ray strikes and sears the Archer.
[roll0] will? vs DC 17

The Archer trembles with fear.
Shaken, as per Arkan's ability.

begooler
2012-09-17, 12:30 AM
Immediately, the Archer return's Arkan's attack with an attack of her own.

(immediate action)
Attack (against Arkan)[roll0]
Damage: 19; Fort DC 17 for half.

Her attempt at retaliation misses.

Also... um I skipped Fln'Brax somehow, sorry, so it's his turn, then Scruffy.

TheDon
2012-09-17, 12:56 AM
Fln'Brax, upon learning of the death of the dualwielder, he speaks up in her soft elven voice "Well, looks like I've passed away, but fear not companions, I am going somewhere better. I just wanted to give you a few parting words, I couldn't stand the lot of you and I'm glad to be rid of you! YOU CAN ALL GOT LICK AN ORC'S ASS!". He then floats behind the firebearer. He quickly activates his shadow diadem to grant him full concealment before he brings his eyes out of the ground. Three of his eyes glow and fire beams, hoping that his minion didn't mislead him. The 3 rays split in mid air, 6 rays now heading toward the firebearer.

Swift action - Shadow Diadem
Standard action, split ray charm, fear, encumbrance.

Gaze of Charm
Range touch : [roll0]
Blind [roll1] > 50 hits
Gaze of Charm
Range touch : [roll2]
Blind [roll3] > 50 hits
Gaze of Fear
Range touch : [roll4]
Blind [roll5] > 50 hits
Gaze of Fear
Range touch : [roll6]
Blind [roll7] > 50 hits
Gaze of Encumbrance
Range touch : [roll8]
Blind [roll9] > 50 hits
Gaze of Encumbrance
Range touch : [roll10]
Blind [roll11] > 50 hits

All DC 18 Will.

begooler
2012-09-17, 01:38 AM
The gaze of fear hits.
[roll0] will

The Firebearer begins running away.

The Firebearer is affected by the gaze of fear.
Scruffy's turn.

Avalon®
2012-09-18, 10:38 AM
Scruffy quivers and swells as if breathing in an enormous amount of air. After a second it reaches maximum capacity and expels a powerful cloud of acid in the direction of the intruders.

Breath weapon 40 ft. cone covering the archer, the elemental and the summoned fire worm.

Reflex DC 19 for half. [roll0] acid damage.

begooler
2012-09-18, 01:47 PM
Reflex Saves (DC 19 for half)
Archer[roll0]
Fire Elemental [roll1]
Summoned Fire Worm [roll2]

The Fire Elemental is reduced to a mere flicker of embers, but it isn't extinguished completely. The Archer is wounded badly by the acid, but still holds her ground. The summoned creature's quick reflexes allow it to avoid the full impact of Scruffy's breath weapon, but the damage it takes is still significant. (Though not enough to drop it.)

begooler
2012-09-18, 03:32 PM
The Shieldbearer
The Shieldbearer moves closer to the Archer, and whip's her lash of energy at the hobgoblin to heal her.
[roll0]

Enemies within 5ft of the Shieldbearer have a -4 penalty on attacks against her allies.

The Firebearer
The gnome is running in panic. Her movement provokes from Scruffy.

The summoned creature burrows under the fire elemental, in order to get closer to Scruffy and return an attack. It also provokes as it emerges from the ground.

Attack: [roll1] <--- Sheet's not updated right? So that misses its new AC?
Damage: [roll2](non-magic, bludgeoning) + [roll3] fire.

End Round 5. Begin Round 6.
Scruffy may choose to take an AOO, then its the Archer's turn.

Avalon®
2012-09-19, 03:12 PM
Scruffy notices the Firebearer making a run for it and instinctively lashes out a tentacle in her direction.

re Summon's attack: Yeah. It misses by 2. Updated the sheet now.

Attacking the Firebearer: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1] +[roll2] acid

begooler
2012-09-19, 04:04 PM
Scruffy's attack misses the fleeing Firebearer.
Hmm... I'm seeing the the Firebearer ending up about 100-200 feet behind Glen deep in the Grove when they both stop fleeing at about the same time.

The Archer
Standing her ground, the hobgoblin takes aim at Scruffy, with a single shot that allows her to regain focus and ready herself for future attacks.

attack [roll0] (Scruffy has +4 to AC from cover granted by elementals)
damage [roll1](Magic, Piercing) + [roll2]Fire.

Her attack is foiled by the elementals in her way, and her trembling hand.
Edit: Should bring Scruffy back to 'dying' I think at -14; it will be dead at -24. Misses.

Unless Glen wants to use minions, its Lester's turn, then Fln'Brax.

Mangles
2012-09-19, 05:43 PM
Minions can stay out of this one I think. I'll wait it out.

Lexin
2012-09-20, 06:20 PM
Lester, after beating one enemy, feels much more confident in his skills and decides to take on the next enemy, or even two...

I am acting with assumption that 5ft step is enough to get in the grove

1. Free action- 5ft step inside
2. Free action- Looking for weak points (Knowledge Devotion)
Vs humanoids - Knowledge (local) Rolled for 33 OOC
Vs elementals - Knowledge (planes) Rolled for 23 OOC (using Collector of stories)
3. Full-attack, dual-hand throw at Fire Elemental and Worm Elemental
Elemental:
Attack - Rolled for 23 OOC Including knowledge devotion +2
Damage - Rolled for 21 OOC Including knowledge devotion +2

Worm:
Attack - Rolled for 31 OOC Including knowledge devotion +2
Damage - Rolled for 35 OOC Including knowledge devotion +2

4. Swift action- Invisibility (3/5 used)

(if the worm is underground, then 2 attacks vs Elemental)

Effects:
Invisibility;
Knowledge devotion vs humanoids (+4)
Knowledge devotion vs elementals (+2)

begooler
2012-09-20, 11:03 PM
Both elementals are extinguished, by Lester's attacks, like water on a campfire.
The dusky clearing has has less illumination now, but the fire on the adventurer's weapons allows everyone to see around them; even if they don't have darkvision.

Just a note, Lester's knowledge devotion for humanoids should be made against either the hobgoblin or human (but not both) and uses 'nature' instead of local as its mod.

Fln'Brax's turn.

TheDon
2012-09-21, 01:09 AM
Fln'Brax unload on the archer, as he did with the firebearer, hoping to end his reign of terror. He then retreats back into the ground and moves to follow the firebearer.

Gaze of Charm
Range touch : [roll0]
Blind [roll1] > 50 hits
Gaze of Charm
Range touch : [roll2]
Blind [roll3] > 50 hits
Gaze of Fear
Range touch : [roll4]
Blind [roll5] > 50 hits
Gaze of Fear
Range touch : [roll6]
Blind [roll7] > 50 hits
Gaze of Encumbrance
Range touch : [roll8]
Blind [roll9] > 50 hits
Gaze of Encumbrance
Range touch : [roll10]
Blind [roll11] > 50 hits

All DC 18 Will.

begooler
2012-09-21, 02:14 PM
Only the one charm ray hit. Will save: [roll0]
Fln'Brax's blindness proves to be a major encumbrance as he tries to assault the Archer with his eye rays. A single charming ray hits, but the Archer is not persuaded.

Scruffy's turn.

Avalon®
2012-09-23, 11:36 AM
Scruffy finally takes note of the archer and focuses all of its attention on the hobgoblin.

It charges the archer, roots uprooting and rerooting, with tentacles flailing.

With pounce, I do a full attack at the end of the charge.

Attacks:
Primary Slam: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]+[roll2] acid, Paralysis [roll3] rounds, DC 19 Fort.

Secondary Tentacle: [roll4], Damage: [roll5]+[roll6] acid, Paralysis [roll7] rounds, DC 19 Fort.
Secondary Tentacle: [roll8], Damage: [roll9]+[roll10] acid, Paralysis [roll11] rounds, DC 19 Fort.
Secondary Tentacle: [roll12], Damage: [roll13]+[roll14] acid, Paralysis [roll15] rounds, DC 19 Fort.
Secondary Tentacle: [roll16], Damage: [roll17]+[roll18] acid, Paralysis [roll19] rounds, DC 19 Fort.

begooler
2012-09-23, 01:08 PM
The Sheildbearer is not quite within reach to defend the Archer, but she does lunge forward to attempt to block Scruffy's first attack with her shield.
She fails, and Scruffy's bite knocks the Archer unconscious. The tentacle attacks that follow ensure that the Archer won't be getting back up, even with healing.

2 adventurers left!
Arkan's turn.

Hellfire014
2012-09-23, 01:29 PM
Arkan moves towards the firebearer, and casts another spell.
movement, again staying out of melee range, then cast Hold Person SLA on Firebearer DC 17 will

begooler
2012-09-24, 02:51 PM
Firebearer: will [roll0] vs DC 17
The Firebearer
The gnome keeps fleeing, into the grove.

begooler
2012-09-24, 03:05 PM
The Shieldbearer
The Shieldbearer, distraught by seeing to of her companions fall, and unsettled by Fln'Brax's masterful ventriloquism, attempts to avenge the Archer. She strikes at Scruffy with her energy whip. She throws herself behind the attack, lending the blow extra weight and force. This time, the whip does damage instead of healing.

Damage: [roll1] 'radiant' + [roll2] extra dice, not sneak attack, + [roll3] Fire.
(Attack overcomes any DR.)
She then runs in the direction of the Firebearer.
Movement provokes from Scuffy, if the previous attack didn't incapacitate it, and also from Lester.

End Round 6. Begin Round 7.
Lester's turn.

Lexin
2012-09-24, 03:23 PM
Lester takes his chance to land a hit, when the Shieldbearer runs by him.

Can AoO be a sneak attack? I have no reason to doubt it, so I would assume 'yes' for now.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] + [roll2] + SA [roll3]

And then focuses on the fleeing Firebearer, trying to gauge the distance... and throws the dagger.

Now, if the Firebearer is in the 50 ft distance I can use this action:
Swift: Invisibility
Move action: True Strike
Standard action: Throw the dagger
Attack: [roll4] (+7 normal, +2 invis, +4 knowledge devotion +20 true strike -10 range)
Damage: [roll5] + [roll6] + SA [roll7]

If Firebearer is out of range, and shieldbearer is still alive, he is the focus of the attack above.

If Firebearer is the only one alive and is out of range, he gets closer and throws, with... -16 to above attack roll... so possibly a spectacular miss...

TheDon
2012-09-24, 04:45 PM
Fln'Brax moves forward, getting everyone out of the range of his ability. He coming out of the ground as a large ball of darkness, before talking once more, in draconic, this time in the archer's voice "You have failed to protect us! WHY? You're a failure! Now my soul belongs to them because you're a failure! DIE FAILURE!"

If the shieldbearer is dead, let those be the last words he hears, if he is still alive, Fln'Brax will fire his eyes ray at him

Ray of Pain : [roll0]
Blind miss chance : [roll1] > 50 hits
Damage : [roll2]
Ray of Pain : [roll3]
Blind miss chance : [roll4] > 50 hits
Damage : [roll5]

begooler
2012-09-24, 05:22 PM
Lester's attack eviscerates the Shieldbearer, and the last thing she hears is Fln'Brax's insult.

Lester will have to move closer to the Firebearer, as she is 60+ feet away. (I assume the -16 is from losing the 20 from True Strike, but then less ranged penalty for moving closer?)
The attack roll will still land a hit, the gnome is mostly defenseless while fleeing.
Only possible miss is from 20% concealment, because the gnome is now running through the trees. [roll0] (<20 misses)

The fleeing gnome is stopped dead in her tracks by the throwing knife.
DC 15 spot for anyone to see her fall, DC 5 Listen to hear a gasp and a thud.

Lexin
2012-09-24, 05:27 PM
Lester:

Spot [roll0]

He starts from checking if the Firebearer is still alive

begooler
2012-09-24, 05:35 PM
All the adventurers that you are aware of are now down. Glen will be fleeing deeper into the grove over the next 20 seconds. This round (Round 7) he should be about 200ish feet deep within the trees, and by the time he stops fleeing, he'll be about another 100 or so feet in. In order to get back he'll need to navigate. (As per description in first post of OOC) Someone can also go find him to help him get back.

You can act out of turn if you want to search bodies and stuff now, just give each person a chance to act before you post too many rounds worth of actions in a row.

Lexin
2012-09-24, 05:44 PM
Lester would check the Firebearer for valuables and calls the Eyeball minion to help him with Detect Magic.

Then he goes back to the rest of the team (dragging the gnome's body with him).

Should take around next 3 turns.
Search
[roll0]
[roll1]

begooler
2012-09-24, 06:13 PM
(purple detects as magical)

Firebearer
Magical Pearl Necklace on a light chain (moderate transmutation) PERIAPT OF WISDOM +2
Scroll of a divine spell (moderate transmutation) REINCARNATE
Scroll of a different divine spell (faint conjuration)LESSER RESTORATION
Collected goods and gold from other dungeons, equal to a 'Beryllium Unit'
Collected goods and gold from other dungeons, equal to a 'Mercury Unit'

Magical Dragonhide Chain Shirt, for a small creature. (Faint Abjuration) +1 ARMOR
Magical Light Mace, for a small creature. (Faint Evocation) +1WEAPON

Mistletoe
Small Waterskin
3 Goodberries
Pouch Belt, with spell components
Small bedroll.

Shieldbearer
Masterwork Horn
Badge, worn around the neck, with an image of a sun. (moderate abjuration)
Magical Ring (faint abjuration) RING OF PROTECTION +1
1 Chromium Unit
2 Beryllium Units
Magical Silver Headband (faint transmutation)CIRCLET OF PERSUASSION

Magical Mithril Breastplate (faint evocation) +1 ARMOR
Magical Heavy Steel Shield (faint evocation)
Masterwork Shortbow
11 regular arrows

Waterskin
Bedroll
Silver Holy Symbol

Dualwielder
Magical headband made of light cord with a small gem. (moderate transmutation) HEADBAND OF INTELLECT +2
2 Beryllium Units
1 Chromium Unit
Arcane Spellbook

Magical Rapier (faint evocation)
Magical Shortsword (faint evocation)

Waterskin
50ft Silk Rope
Vial of Ink
Ink pen
4 Sheets of Parchment
3 Pearls
Pouch Belt with Spell Components

Archer
Magical Crystal, embedded in bow. (Removable) (faint necromancy)
Magical Composite Longbow (+2 Str) (faint evocation)
Non masterwork Spiked Gauntlet
Non magical Mithril Chain Shirt
Scroll of a Divine Spell (faint transmutation)
Scroll of another Divine Spell (moderate conjuration)
Scroll of another Divine Spell (faint abjuration)
16 Dragonsbreath Arrows (RotW)
18 Serpentstongue Arrows (RotW)
16 Cold Iron Arrows
17 Silver Arrows
17 Regular Arrows
Magical Bag that holds all these things, but doesn't weigh much. (moderate conjuration)HANDY HAVERSACK
Book of Divine Spells

10 Candles
2 Chalk Sticks
5 days trail rations
Vial of Ink
Inkpen
10 sheets parchment
Pouch Belt with Spell Components
50ft twine
50 ft silk rope
Grappling Hook
Holy Symbol
Mistletoe
Flint and Steel
Scroll Case (holds previously mentioned scrolls)

TheDon
2012-09-24, 06:30 PM
"So, I figure, now is as good as any time to ask... anyone has dispel magic? I appear to be blind..."

He then tells his minion to cast detect magic at the rest of the bodies and identify as many of the items as possible with his spell like abilities. He then hums a tune, enjoying the two new voices he has, even making duets between the two of them, enjoying them while they last.

begooler
2012-09-24, 06:36 PM
I'll start with the Firebearer's items, since Lester has already pulled them out into view. See new notes in previous post.

Edit: All the items are listed in said post, some need to be ID'd

Glen
Glen slows his run through the brush and undergrowth of the grove, and his senses return to him. He is surrounded on all sides by trees of all varieties, many of them bearing a variety of fruits. Its not clear what direction he just came from.

A DC 20 intelligence or survival check gets Glen to any random grove. He can take 20 to spend two minutes determining what direction to go in, after which there may be travel time to actually arrive at this destination. To arrive at a specific grove (for example, the one he just came from) the DC is increased by 5.

I think... that Glen doesn't have a way on his own to get the DC 25, but if enough monsters/minions were able to find him (by following his path) they could aid him.

If Glen tries to simply follow his own footprints back, he inexplicably ends up going in a circle.

Mangles
2012-09-25, 04:05 AM
Glen looks around himself. Dam that cleric, I will devour him. I need to get back to the fight.

He follows the decay he left behind as he fled, but it only seems to lead him in circles. After a frustrating minute of walking around, he decides to get himself out. He takes his time and finds a bearing.

walk around in circles for 1 min, then begin to look for an exit for 2 mins.
plenty of time for someone to stop him leaving if they wish to.

Lexin
2012-09-25, 04:53 AM
Lester stops his greed for a short while and looks around.
"Did anyone see Glen?"

Assuming Glen didn't cover his tracks as he fled in panic, Lester should be able to find him...

...and he auto-passes DC 25 Int check if he can take 20 on the roll.

begooler
2012-09-25, 12:34 PM
Lester will be able to follow Glen's path through the wood, and the two of them are able to find their way back to their own clearing.

Edit: And yes you can take 20 on this always, but it takes 2 minutes, so in some situations that's impossible or impracticable, say for example if you were trying to chase someone, or flee.

Hellfire014
2012-09-25, 02:56 PM
"I can dispel, just a sec." After landing on the ground, Arkan walks over to Fln'Brax and uses his innate magic to remove the blindness.
[roll0] Dispel Magic vs the blind

TheDon
2012-09-25, 03:43 PM
"Thank you! Millions of Thank you! Now, I can finally take a look at that spell book"

Fln'Brax peers through the spell book and the scrolls, trying to identify as many of them

Bunch of spell craft checks, take as many as needed DC 20+spell level
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]

begooler
2012-09-26, 04:28 PM
Fln'Brax is able to identify all but a few of the spells in the spellbook.

All Level 0 Spells (Except Necromancy, Enchantment) (I skipped these when making checks, since there wasn't really a point. If you wanted to use any of these spells, just make the check when it becomes relevant.)

Level 1
Critical Strike
Bladeweave
Mage Armor
Shield
Benign Transposition
Blades of Fire
Wall of Smoke
Orb of Fire, Lesser
Grease
(+1 unidentified level 1 spell)

Level 2
Baleful Transposition
Malevolent Miasma
(+2 unidentified level 2 spells)

All spells are in SpC if they are not in the SRD

Mangles
2012-09-28, 06:36 AM
"We should split this up and stash whatever we don't need quickly, I want to be ready for the next fight."

Lexin
2012-09-28, 02:41 PM
"Good idea." *shrug*

Lester takes some loot, bodies and goes to his room

Lester, Day 2 (still)

Dissolving Firebearer's body and Periapt of Wisdom +2 in Lichen, Room 5.

Upgrading the Headband of Intellect from +2 to +4

Lichen (1625 gold reserve / 160 xp craft reserve)
Headband of intellect (progress 1/12)

End of day 2

After he 'convinces' Lichen to finally do something, he swiftly goes to caverns where he even more quickly gathers the treasure...

(Anyone going with him? He would inform others via Eyeball network...)

Appraise

[roll0]
[roll1]

... after that he would look around the cavern level some more.
He chooses the tunnel going south, just before the room 19.

begooler
2012-09-29, 04:51 PM
Appraise: comb- Not certain, but might be around 550gp. Lester could get a second opinion, or just give it to the Lichen to see how much value they get out of it.
anklet- 100gp

If Lester follows the tunnel as it turns south from Cavern 19, there is almost immediately another door, a rotating wall opened by a pressure plate trigger.
Fln'Brax would recognize the room the rotating door leads to as Cavern 18 if he entered, but it would too difficult to know that just from orienting yourself.
The hall twists east, leading to another door only a few paces away, on the south wall of the tunnel. This door is wooden. The tunnel doesn't dead end after this door per se, but it does become so narrow that one would have to crawl to squeeze through, and from here, one can't see further down the tunnel.

In the Garden Level, everyone works to clean up after the adventurers and tend to the Lichen that now have food.

End Day 2. Begin Day 3.

Mangles
2012-09-29, 07:58 PM
Glen begins moving the lichen again. Hopefully the next cleric that comes won't force him to run and will fight. In fact, Glen intends to make sure of it. He takes the Dragon hide armour and heads off to a lichen, to enact his latest plan.

Glen continues moving the lichen from room 8 into cavern 7.
Begin crafting a Cloak of Turn Resistance. Base cost 11,000. I'll need 440 xp and 5,500 Gp in a Lichen to do it, but I may as well start.
I can really use any of 3 the lichens that aren't in use, for now lets say room 2 unless someone disagrees.

I'd also like to feed the lichen somewhat so that I can get this item.
I'll start by feeding it the dragon hide chain shirt.
Should give 1500 gp and 40xp to the lichen.
Also taking the comb and anklet to destroy. Adds another 600 gp.

The waterskins that Glen took will each have Curse Water cast on them. He will cast the remaining 2 curse water SLA's on the pool of water in room 9. (Probably no mechanical effect, but it will taste bad to the good.)

Hellfire014
2012-09-29, 08:45 PM
After getting patched up by Gelihast, Arkan takes his 'slightly used' equipment to Fln'Brax for identification. When that is done, he resumes his excavation with his minions.

Lexin
2012-09-30, 02:52 PM
Lester walks through the door (to the room 18), searching for traps and listening for enemies first.

Search 25
Listen [roll0]

If he hears/ finds nothing, he enters and looks around the room.

begooler
2012-09-30, 03:53 PM
Lester doesn't hear anything. The room has some light in it, emitted from plants and fungi growing on the walls and ceiling. The walls of this room are covered with strange runes, and the floors are covered with bones, mostly of humanoids.

Cavern 18
Door (east, 1 from north): rotating wall, pressure-plate trigger
Door (north, 2 from west): wooden, simple, stuck
Door (west, 1 from north): iron, stuck
Ceiling 12ft
Lighting: low light
The natural stone walls of this room are littered with carvings of unintelligible runes.

Lexin
2012-09-30, 03:58 PM
He searches the room for traps, secret passages and valuables and if finds nothing, proceeds west. Keeping the search-for-traps and Listen routine.
Listen [roll0]

Search 25 (taking 10 on the roll)
Double checking the west door (search [roll1])

begooler
2012-09-30, 05:00 PM
None of the doors seem to be trapped, but Lester hears a faint gurgling sound on the other side of the west door. (This door is made of iron, and not locked but it requires some force to open since it's stuck.)
Lester can also make a spot if he wants.

Lexin
2012-09-30, 05:05 PM
Spot
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
(He spent there some time...)

begooler
2012-09-30, 05:18 PM
Is the door Lester came through open or closed?

Lexin
2012-09-30, 05:28 PM
Not sure, you said it was a rotating kind... but if it can be left opened then Lester would leave them like that... always better to have an escape route.

begooler
2012-09-30, 06:48 PM
It can be left open. The same pressure plate closes it.
At first he didn't notice it, but while further studying to cavern, out of the corner of his eye, Lester notices a tiny floating eyeball, flying quickly out the door he came in. It's smaller than the one the inhabitants of his dungeon use as minions.

Lexin
2012-09-30, 06:50 PM
*Rolling dice of random reaction*

Lester starts chasing the eyeball, trying to catch it!

begooler
2012-09-30, 07:00 PM
The eyeball flies through the open door and up the long tunnel moving north.

It reaches as far as the second square going north from the beginning of that hall. Let me know if you require an interactive map. Spotting it now that it is moving at this speed is a lot easier, but still requires spot checks.

Lexin
2012-09-30, 07:08 PM
Spot [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lester would chase after the eyeball, if it is in 30 ft distance he would just charge and try to grab it.

touch attack [roll3]
grapple [roll4]

If not he would turn invisible, use his silence SLA and chase the eyeball in more typical for him way...

Initiative, if needed [roll5]

begooler
2012-09-30, 09:13 PM
Lester did win initiative, giving him an extra chance to act before the eye acts again. He's sure he saw it start up the north hallway, but lost sight of it this round. It must have just barely ducked behind an uneven part of the tunnel wall, or used a form of invisibility.

Either way, the door blocked his charge, and not being able to see the eye prevents him from charging now, but he can take a round's worth of actions in the hallway either way. When the eye moves again, I'll use the second spot check he rolled vs. its hide.

Lexin
2012-10-01, 03:48 AM
So he turns silent and invisible and follows the eye through the north door.
Would there be an AoO when it moves?

begooler
2012-10-01, 11:07 PM
From where you say you are, there wouldn't be an AOO. (you have to be adjacent, and can't if you don't spot it) But you can ready an attack if you see it.

TheDon
2012-10-02, 10:42 AM
Fln'Brax wakes up, after having slept in. After a late breakfast he decides to go see Lester to see if he's still down the cavern, after he realizes that lester is still not back, he decides to go join him, taking an eyeball with him.

Fln'Brax asks the eyeball, through the long painful process of writing it on the chalk board, if he can pick up Lester's position through it's telepathy.

Lexin
2012-10-02, 10:43 AM
If it is not moving when Lester get's there, and he has enough time to prepare an attack, he would do so.

If he would need to wait a lot for the eyeball to move, he wouldn't just wait, hoping for the best, but would look around.

Spot [roll0]
[roll1]

begooler
2012-10-02, 03:00 PM
Lester finally spots the eyeball again, as it tries to zip away down the hall. Though it's flying quickly, it doesn't seem to be able to navigate well in the absense of light, and makes a few wrong turns before it figures out what direction it wants to go.
If Lester's attack doesn't stop its movement, it ends up 30 feet north. It begins its movement (triggering his readied attack) 10 ft away. Lester is invisible to the eyeball, unless he's for some reason carrying around a light source.
Since we're going round by round right now, only need to make one spot check per post.
Lester is also entitled to a spellcraft check at this moment.

Fln'Brax can join in anytime if he wants.

Lexin
2012-10-02, 03:07 PM
AoO

Touch attack [roll0] +2
Opposite grapple [roll1]

Knowledge Devotion

I am assuming the eyeball is an aberration
[roll2]

If AoO fails, charging grapple

Touch attack [roll3] +2
Opposite grapple [roll4]

begooler
2012-10-02, 04:04 PM
Lester charges forward and snatches the eyeball.

Original post, edited.
Both of Lester's attacks miss. The eye is miniscule, and like a fly (even a blind fly bungling about) it is difficult to catch.
The spellcraft and knowledge check reveal that the eye is a product of a spell, and not actually a 'creature.' The spellcraft wasn't high enough to know which spell though.

The eye keeps fleeing.
Provokes a melee AOO since Lester is now adjacent to it. If the AOO misses, it finds the wall, and continues to move, rolling along the wall until it reaches the door to the cavern north of Cavern 29. It will then search for an opening under that door.

Edit:Actually, you can use arcana. What's the mod for that? If it would give you the same plus 2, you win your grapple, assuming you didn't already add the bonus from being invisible.

Lexin
2012-10-02, 04:18 PM
I have the same bonus for arcana as dungeoneering, so if it works, then I have this +2 ... and yes I did forget about Invisibility bonus to hit...

It is like my character's main class feature and I still forget about it all the time...:smallredface:

begooler
2012-10-02, 04:54 PM
In that case, you caught it. Now what do you do with it?

Lexin
2012-10-02, 05:03 PM
... I kind of hoped it would be a new minion... but if it is just an effect of a spell (and Lester actually knows it now) he would just put it in a pouch, tie it and do what he started doing (going west from the south room)...

He would use silence to open the door quietly, but turn it off after he enters the other room (if it's empty) to stop wasting the daily uses...

begooler
2012-10-02, 05:32 PM
The wooden door to this new room (the one north of Cavern 29) that the eyeball was trying to enter is locked. You can pick the lock if you want.

Lexin
2012-10-02, 05:37 PM
Turning off the silence

Searching for traps 'take 20' for 35

Open Lock 'take 10' for 23
if not enough [roll0]
if still not enough, 'take 20' for 33.

begooler
2012-10-15, 01:48 AM
Lester succeeds in opening the lock. This room opens into a bog, which expands in all directions. Two other doors can also be seen in this cavern, but it has no walls.

Cavern 4
Door (south, 2 from west): wooden
Door (west, 2 from north): wooden
Door (north, 3 from west): wooden
This room opens up into a bog, which is thick mud in some places, and deeper water in others. Vines and water plants grow in the bog. Some areas have glowing plants, others are dark. The ceiling of this cavern is a thick canopy of vines.
Like the Grove rooms in the Garden Level of the dungeon, this cavern opens up into an expansive space. The cavern itself has no walls once one steps through the doors, only the arches of the doorways in the cavern are seen.

Lexin
2012-10-15, 10:38 AM
Lester looks around the place for anything dangerous and if he doesn't find anything he tries the south door.

Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Search - take 10 for 25 around the place (space between doors), and take 20 for 35 near the doors.