PDA

View Full Version : Good-Aligned Assassin

Bulix
2012-08-27, 08:51 PM
Is it possible? I mean, I know I can just check with my DM but are there any rules that can let me be an Assassin even though it has an Evil requirement?
Any feats, bonuses, abilities, anything? I really want to be good aligned.

Drynwyn
2012-08-27, 08:58 PM
Not an Assasin, but I think that Book of Exalted Deeds has something. I'm AFB at the moment though, so I can't say for sure.

Garagos
2012-08-27, 09:02 PM
I can't remember exactly where it is, might be pathfinder actually, but there is a Good aligned version of the Assassin called the Avenger. Try googling it.

Steward
2012-08-27, 09:10 PM
The Avenger (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070401a&dcmp=ILC-RSSDND) (a good-aligned assassin-like prestige class) is technically a "joke", but as far as I can tell it can be used in a serious game as is. (Honestly, if the article itself hadn't said that it was meant as a joke, I would have thought that it was a serious prestige class; the concept of a good-aligned assassin is not that much more bizarre than a good demon-summoner or a good warlock, and those are allowed in the rules.)

Coidzor
2012-08-27, 09:12 PM
BoED Has Slayer of Domiel, but that's BoED. :smallyuk: April Fools Day article gave us the Avenger, which is pretty much an Assassin re-color.

Acknowledging that the Assassin already had almost all of its fluff filed off with the serial number and then filing the rest off should work just fine though.

skycycle blues
2012-08-27, 09:14 PM
Avenger is here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070401a

Literally the only difference between it and Assassin are the alignment requirement and the reason for killing a person before entering. Even the spell list is the same.

There is also something in Book Of Exalted Deeds called Slayer of Domiel which has the same BAB, saves and sneak attack bonus as both, as well as a pretty similar spell list, but it also has Improved Evasion, Divine Grace, Wisdom based casting and a different kind of death attack, but required Lawful Good and a couple of exalted feats.

SamBurke
2012-08-27, 09:14 PM
Well. You learn something new every day. I think I may use that in a game...

silverwolfer
2012-08-27, 09:46 PM
ChurchBane Inquistor, may give you some of that flavor you want, as could churchbane stalker.

AvocadoAvenger
2012-08-27, 10:30 PM
according to the dm's guide, prestige classes in their very nature are simply suggestions to the dm for options to give their players. If your dm likes the idea, he can include any modified prestige classes or homebrew classes like the avenger (it seemed like it was somewhat official homebrew).

Slipperychicken
2012-08-28, 09:03 AM
The DMs I've played under usually waive alignment and race requirements, among most of the "special" requirements (things like "Must have had sexual intercourse with the gerbil who killed your parents while betraying your long-lost Paladin friend", or "Must have sacrificed at least seven, but no more than nine virgin Half-Elves on altars made of exactly 80% platinum for redemption from Asmodeus, immediately after he cast you out of Hell for insulting his beard").

Ask your DM about waiving it; if he's cool with it, then rock out with your non-bastard assassin. If he's not, take one of the alternatives here.