PDA

View Full Version : Keikoku - The Enchantress, no idea what I'm doing

Morithias
2012-08-27, 10:33 PM
"Keikoku" means a woman destroying country with her beauty. Which should explain everything I'm trying to do with this character.

This is another one of my "bored out of my bloody mind" characters, and I am in WAY over my head for the most part when it comes to spellcasters outside of healers.

So the obvious strategy is "seduce a powerful man and slap mind control spells on him." Her strategy obviously requires a high charisma. Now I've checked a few ideas and are balancing them but they all have ups and downs.

Race is likely to be a vecna blooded unseelie fey with the wedded to history feat.

1. Enchanter Wizard: one of the most obvious ways to do this. The enchanter is fairly powerful and can pump it's save's fairly high, plus they get a lot of the best spells, sadly they do not get the monstrous thrall spell.

2. Sorcerer with domination domain ACF. Gets both mindrape and monstrous thrall and the charisma bonuses from unseelie fey helps the saves in two ways. Sadly if she enters the thrall of malachant class she doesn't get 9th level spells (if there's a way to counter lost levels this would jump to "Do it"), Plus can add Spark for more Charisma.

3. Cleric with Domination and Tyranny Domains. Two boosts to saves and if enters thrall of malachant and uses dynamic priest can combo charisma well. I guess lesser aasimar will be used for this to help with wisdom and charisma (Why do all my aasimars turn evil?).

Edit: Also the cleric can't be Vecna blooded, which is painful cause it makes it that much easier to be caught.

What do you guys think is a good path for this? And yes this is the same woman from the "kill someone without a trace" thread, I've decided to get off my butt and finally make her.

Starting level I have no idea. This is just making characters out of boredom, and realizing I suck with spellcasters, so coming to the great forums for advice. (Seriously this forum knows everything).

docnessuno
2012-08-27, 11:08 PM
TBH i don't get the point of Monstrous Thrall. It's a dominate monster that will cost you 9-10K XP if cast on an equal-level NPC (possibly much more on an equal-CR monster). The only serious advantage is see over dominate monster is the immunity to dispels, but that's not worth the huge XP tag imho.

This without considering that burning a couple thousand of XP on a spell that the target has a good chance to resist (immunity to mind affecting, passing the will save, any form of "protection from alignment"...) seems... risky.

Morithias
2012-08-27, 11:39 PM
TBH i don't get the point of Monstrous Thrall. It's a dominate monster that will cost you 9-10K XP if cast on an equal-level NPC (possibly much more on an equal-CR monster). The only serious advantage is see over dominate monster is the immunity to dispels, but that's not worth the huge XP tag imho.

This without considering that burning a couple thousand of XP on a spell that the target has a good chance to resist (immunity to mind affecting, passing the will save, any form of "protection from alignment"...) seems... risky.

I don't see any XP cost in the spell compendium, nor on the true domination spell.

The big deal is that it's permanent, one failed save and BAM total control forever.