PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Warrior

Uhtred
2012-08-28, 11:15 PM
I'm running a relatively low-magic campaign (the party is Lvl 15 and a mix of an archery Ranger, dagger-throwing Rogue, rapier/whip Factotum, transmutation-focused Sorcerer, and a warhammer-shield Paladin with Complete Warrior ACF's, all single-class) and they've done very very well in this arctic Frostburn campaign. I've been working on the next boss they're going to face and he's a Lvl 17 Dwarf Barbarian that I intend to Prestige into Elemental Warrior (Cold). My question is, since Elmental Warrior is a 5 level prestige class, could I take it again but focus on another element? He's wielding a Dwarven Urgrosh, maybe have all the elemental weapon stuff for cold apply to one end, and all the elemental weapon stuff from earth apply to the other? I think it would make the fight more challenging, and since the way I'm reading it leaves the prestige class a little underpowered taking it twice should bring him up to their level. Thoughts?

vasharanpaladin
2012-08-28, 11:19 PM
The answer by RAW is no. But you're the DM, you have Rule Zero at your disposal. You can make it work, because as the DM, you are the final arbitrator of the rules at your table. :smallamused:

herrhauptmann
2012-08-29, 10:19 AM
Could give him Elemental Archon from I think Players Guide to Faerun (maybe Faith and Pantheons).
One of the nice things? When you take damage that would drop you below 0 HP, one of your mephits dies instead. So for the cost of a 15HP mephit (or something), you can ignore the ubercharger power attacking you for full on his charge. Even when you're at 2HP yourself.
Though I don't think you have enough mephits to ignore a full round attack or pounce from such a character.