PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: World at War (PTA, IC)

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 12:08 AM
It is a gloomy day in the streets of Castelia. Clouds hang low, a light drizzle casting a somber mood over the city. As it should. The citizens are still recovering from the Riots not a few months before. Today, in Central Plaza, World Champion Cynthia has called a press conference. First to pay respects to those who perished in the riots. And second, to address the growing tension between the Pokemon League, and the group known as the Rebellion.

Many powerful and important people have been invited to attend. Gym Leaders, Pokemon Professors at the top of their fields, Elite 4, Champions from all the League nations, even Mr. Stone will be in attendance. However, 10 individuals have reserved seats in the front row. Complete unknowns, it seems no one knows who they are or why they have such special privileges.

These individuals have all arrived by boat, and are disembarking now. 9different boats, carrying 9 different individuals (and one leaving her apartment) from across the world to the start of their destinies. What will happen at this fateful press conference? Who are these individuals, and why are they here? Let me show you.

Its 11 am, the conference is at Central Plaza at noon. You’ve got about 30 minutes to mill about (30 minutes to get to Central Plaza from anywhere in the city). You can head straight there if you wish.

BluesEclipse
2012-08-29, 12:16 AM
Disembarking from the boat, Aidan adjusts the silver gloves on his hands slightly as he looks over the city. Nodding to himself, he makes a beeline for the plaza, deciding to look over the area early.

Major
2012-08-29, 12:24 AM
A man in a black trenchcoat stepped off the boat by himself. He barely spoke and hardly acknowledged the presence of the others there. As he walked down the ramp he looked over the crowd and towards the front where he was to be seated, perhaps he would find his mission at his seat?

Kelaeon had just arrived from Fuschia City after having been sent here by the mysterious letter. He figured Master Janine had left it for him and that somebody here was his next target. As he saw the intense security however he mumbled a curse as he rubbed his hand across his face. Does Master Janine WANT me to get caught? He wondered. Even with his skill he wouldn't be able to sneak amongst all these people. Perhaps my mission is something else? I won't know till I get my next orders.

The young ninja suspected his next clue would be at his chair, but he knew not to head directly to your objective no matter how much of a hurry you were in. He had eleven minutes to stake out the area, monitor security, make sure nobody was watching his chair, find escape routes in case of an emergency, and check for traps, plus if anybody was watching heading right to an objective gave your target away. He'd spend eleven minutes getting a starting scan, check his seat for a mission, then spend the rest finalizing his plans. Heh...eleven minutes for all that? Piece of cake... He thought as he pushed away any doubt.

Thus with his goals in mind, Kelaeon disappeared into the crowd heading towards Central Plaza. After walking for thirty minutes to Central Plaza he arrived and began moving around to survey the area. He didn't have much time, especially since he had learned to always know the area like the back of your hand before you made a move.

Gaekub
2012-08-29, 12:27 AM
Dr. Kretznak steps off the boat, looking down at the marked invitation in his hand. He lets out a long breath through his nose as he shoves the piece of paper into the pocket of his freshly laundered lab coat.

He begins to walk slowly towards the Plaza, not entirely sure why he even bothered coming.

MintyNinja
2012-08-29, 12:44 AM
The boat docks steadily and it's few passengers disembark. Among them a young man with reddish brown hair and long green coat. He was the last to leave the vessel and as his heavy boots marched along the dock his neck was craned upwards to see the sky scrapers.

He had an hour, and he already cleaned himself up on the boat. He let Masque out of his ball and the Cubone joined him in staring with awe at the buildings. Donny tries to take his time to explore the city, but he takes 20 minutes on one street. Along the way he buys a deck of cards and a pair of dice. He notices the time, however, and starts heading towards the Central Plaza with Masque at his side.

Esprit15
2012-08-29, 01:05 AM
Bryan disembarks. Wow, Castelia was...well, impressive. Even after the riots. He looks over the note again, hiding the league seal on it. Half the hostile comments he had received on his theories had come from this town, so carrying a note with the seal may not be the wisest thing... Reserved seat. Nice. Drew some attention to him, but certainly there had to be other reserved seats, so it may not be too out there. He looks around the town. Shame what those people did. He'd seen some of the videos of what happened online. Muking crazy.

He walks around, his loyal Riolu Ewin following right behind him. Ewin, watch for anyone...crazy. Hate to see another fight start up here. Ewin nods and climbs onto his shoulders. Better view, he adds with a smile.

The duo walks down the main street, looking around at sights and keeping a sense out for anyone who seemed hostile, attempting to steer clear of them at the very least until the press conference was over.

Dragonsage
2012-08-29, 01:39 AM
Tarja fixes her red hair into a ponytail before she exits the apartment that she once shared with a Man she called her father until about four months ago. As she leaves, her Growlithe follows beside. He occasionally rubs his head against Tarja's bare leg, asking for some attention. "Come along, Amos. We best not be late." She scratch the pup's ear as the two continue towards Central Plaza.

Along the way she reads over the invitation again, trying to figure out who would send her an invite and why? She tucks the letter away as she approaches the press conference. She moves about the crowds looking for people she might recognize locally that might have sent her the invite.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-29, 01:42 AM
Francis finished his routine by catching the last knife in the air with his teeth. He bowed as the crowed clapped enthusiastically. He removed the knife, and using his best stage voice addressed the peopleThank you all for watching my performance. If you're ever in Nimbassa make sure to look for me. This is Francis May, juggler extraordinaire!

After he packs up his kit, he leaves the ship and heads into the heart of Castellia City. He stops to pick up some flowers from a street vendor, but otherwise doesn't alter course.

When he reaches the graveyard, the smiling juggler is gone, replaced by a boy who's seen to much sadness for his years. He placed the flowers on the grave, and knelt in front of it. Hey, sorry I haven't come before, but getting here is expensive, and I don't make as much now as I used to. I've been performing in Nimbassa City since the riots, and I've made a name for myself there. I've mastered the tumbling passes while juggling balls, but I can't seem to get the knives quite right.

Memories flooded through him, images and sounds, screaming people, rampaging pokemon, bodies littering the ground. He shuddered. Anyways, I've been invited to the conference addressing the riots by the league, I'm not sure what they want, but it can't be good for the rebellion. Look, I know you wanted to stay out of the conflict, but after months of thinking, I've made my choice. The violence needs to end, and the rebels are out of control. I'll fight for the league. Thank you for everything dad. A tear leaked out of his eye, and Francis wiped it away, one of his first lessons was that an entertainer could never cry, no matter what happened.

Francis stood, and headed to the plaza.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-29, 07:36 AM
Ennis Martillo scowled as she moved through the streets of Castelia. This town was too big, too big and too busy. It more than dwarfed the biggest cities in Hoenn. And the people her stank. Never hear of a bit of personal space? Tch, whatever. She was only here for one reason. The Dragon Masters. There had to be at least 1 of them here, maybe more. The cousins Lance and Claire, the old veteran Drake or the 2 local leaders, Drayden and Iris.

Ennis stops and looks at herself in a passing window. In her suit, with her appearance she looked more like a you boy than a teenage girl. But she always dressed smart. It made her feel different from how she used to be back in Aqua. Those god damn pirate costumes.

She has one quick stop to make before heading to the conference though.As much as she hated Unovan food, she had heard the ice cream here was to die for. She looks about, trying to find where they sell Castelliacones. 'Mode street, Mode street. Where the Void is mode street?'

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 08:44 AM
Everybody

As you transverse the city, you see the destruction the riots had wrought. Construction crews were at work at every corner it seemed, and it was obvious they had a lot of work ahead of them. One could not go a block without a pock mark in the pavement, scorch marks, shattered windows and destroyed shop fronts. The only places that were still intact were expensive boutiques who paid extra for quick service or the lucky few who avoided the cross fire.

Everyone but Ennis and Ashley

Kelaeon arrives at the edge of Central Plaza in record time. He finds a line of people waiting; they seemed to be waiting to be checked into the conference area, situated in the center of the plaza. He quickly steps into line, as does the others as they arrive. From the line, everyone can see the monument, situated in the center of Center Plaza, right behind the conference stage. A black obelisk, standing over 50 feet tall and 20 feet wide at its base, juts out from the ground. Some can even make out images of a moon-shaped pokmemon engraved on the crown, and an umbra shadow on the monolith’s base. Along each face, embossed in gold, are carvings of names. Though too far away to read any of the names, their numbers are vast covering both sides that are visible from the line.

“Ah hello. Your one of our special guests, yes? May I see your invitation?” Each of you is, in turn, snapped away from the imposing monument by a sharply dressed woman with a clipboard, who seems to be a lot more stressed than anyone here.

Go ahead and respond to the women, she will direct you where to go and what to do.

Ennis
Ennis finds Mode Street easy enough; it’s one of the city’s main thoroughfares. After a few minutes of walking, Ennis comes upon a pile of broken wood, with several people stopping and saying a short prayer at the junk pile before moving on. A closer inspection reveals the wood was once a stand, and judging from the mostly intact sign in the shape of ice cream, this used to be Castelliacones. Upon one level piece of wood lays a picture frame and a single white rose. The picture shows an elderly gentlemen and a pokemon made out of pure Ice it seemed. The man is holding the pokemon with one arm, and an ice cream cone in the other. It seems the owner of the stand had perished in the riots.

Francis
Francis finds his grave in a small graveyard, in a small Lunarian church. Space was at a premium this deep in the city, he must have reserved the grave ages ago. Oddly, there was already a single white rose placed upon his grave. As you pay your respects, you think you hear someone approach you from behind, but a quick look tells you were wrong. Probably just the graveyard ghosts playing tricks on you. You hurry to Central Plaza, where you join the line and promptly approached by the woman.

Cormag, you can go ahead and post getting off the boat and getting to the Plaza, unless you wish to do something in between

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-29, 09:23 AM
Ennis drops to her knees, and has to catch herself on the sign to stop herself from falling. 'Noooo! It can't be!' She has a aching look on her face, and a single tear runs down her eye. To any passers by, it would look like she was mourning the man's death. But in her head: I really, really, REALLY wanted one of those cones!

After a few minutes of mourning, she collects herself and heads to the central plaza, lighting up a cigarette as she went. Her mood was severely worsened by what just happened.

When she gets to the place where everyone is lines up, she barges past everyone else, shoves her invitation in the woman's hands, and pushes through to find a seat. She had a permanent scowl on her face.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-29, 09:34 AM
Francis gazes at the large black spire jutting out of the plaza. I wonder if Bobby's name is on it? How on earth did they get everybody recorded? Remembering the mangled bodies he ran past when he escaped, Francis couldn't help but feel sorry for the people who had to identify the bodies.

The voice of the woman snaps him out of his thoughts. He pulls his invitation out and hands the tickets to the woman. Here we are. How many people like me received invitations? The fact that she said guests had not escaped him.

Gaekub
2012-08-29, 09:42 AM
"Special guest?" Dr. Kretznak asks, surprised. "I did not realize I vas special," he continues dryly, before handing the woman his invitation.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 09:44 AM
Ennis

You get sympathetic looks from onlookers back at the ruined stand, except one. You sicken me whispers in the back of your mind.

"Ah you must be-" is all the woman can say before you shove the letter in her face. "Ma'am! Ms., uh, Martillo! Wait a moment!" The lady starts to chase after you but gives up after 3 steps, staring blankly to the left for a moment. She then returns to greeting the other guests.

You plop down in a seat in the front row, and no less than 10 seconds later a man with blonde hair, graying at the temples, and a Ranger dress uniform sits next to you casually. You know, its not polite to shove things in peoples faces, Ms. Martillo.

Francis

"Thank you Mr. May. You can go on ahead and take your seat, it will have your name on it. " The woman motions to the front row. "But I will request you do not keep any pokemon out. For your saftey and those around you." The women hurries off to greet the next guest.

'Doctor'

"Oh everyone is special Doctor .... Kratnack? You can go ahead and take your seat, it will have your name on it. The woman motions to the front row. "But I will request you do not keep any pokemon out. For your saftey and those around you." The women hurries off to greet the next guest.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-29, 10:00 AM
Being raised by Team Aqua, Ennis's dislike of Rangers was only beaten by her dislike of Team Magma. They were nothing but bullies or posers. Still, she was no longer with Team Aqua. Best tread lightly here.

'Neither is it polite to spy on people to slip them messages. And since you know who I am, I assume you know what I'm talking about?' She pulls her cigarette out her mouth and stomps it out. 'Call it even?' She offers her pack to the man. They were an Orrian brand, much better than the stuff they smoked here.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-29, 10:01 AM
Francis ignores his seat as he walks up to the monument. Tall and dark, it entranced him. He examined it, hoping he could find his father's name, though with how big it is, it's unlikely that Bobbie's name will be easily found.

She didn't answer my question. There are more people like me that were invited, but why, and how many? And what does the league want with me? Surely the champions and elite 4 can do anything they need.

Gaekub
2012-08-29, 10:06 AM
"Kretznak," the older man corrects, more out of habit than of any real hope she'd get it right. He strides past her and towards the front row, growing more and more nervous as he approaches the stage.

When he reaches the front, he scans over the seats in front of him, his eyes lingering on each of the people already there for a fraction of a second. When he find his name, he sits down and places the black bag he carries down in front of him. With a flip of his wrist, he opens the bag and extracts a brown, wide-brimmed hat which he places on his head.

The bag is closed and pushed back under the seat, and the doctor pulls down the front of his had to hide his eyes.

Esprit15
2012-08-29, 10:10 AM
Bryan nods with a simple "Thank you." Ewin's aura deepens its red color briefly as the woman so quickly pulled them away.
She's rude.
She's doing her job.
Maybe. No like here. Too many people. Too many broken buildings.
I know. It's a shame. Hopefully Cynthia has some good news. Ewin doesn't relax much and stays alert as his trainer follows the woman.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 10:12 AM
Ennis

The man waves his hand at the offer, his gaze fixated on the obelisk. Actually, no. I don't know what you mean. I know your name as it is my job to know who will be here. You were a guest invited by the Rebellion, it was my task to give a thorough background check of you and the others given 'special' placement. I'm curious, why are you here?

Francis

You approached the imposing monolith. A closer look revelas the structure was cut and carved from a single, large piece of granite. Where did they find find this? Hundreds of names are immidaitly viewable near the base. After a bit of searching, you find the one your looking for. Bobby May embossed in gold, intricatly and delicatly carved into the otherwise smooth granite.

'Doctor'

Currently, only 2 people are seated on the front row. A young red headed women who look rather sour and an older blonde man in a Ranger dress uniform. They seem to be conversing. They are on the left side of the main aisle, while your seat is in the middle of the row on the right.

Nervous are we? A cool femine voice whispers to you, but no one is close enough to speak so softly and you still hear her. Secretive too. Perfect

Gaekub
2012-08-29, 10:19 AM
Kretznak jerks in surprise, and turns in his chair to scan the crowd behind him, looking for anyone staring at him or obviously concentrating.

Afterwards, he slumps down in his chair and thinks hard at the voice. I do not like having people in my head. I would ask that you leave.

Perception check, if it's appropriate: [roll0]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-29, 10:23 AM
Francis brushes his and lightly across the name. It's beautiful. He would have enjoyed having his name in gold.

Francis stands, and looks for his seat.

Dragonsage
2012-08-29, 11:50 AM
"Special?" Tarja wondered at that for a moment before she handed the woman the invitation. Amos whines a little when he hears the request about not keeping pokemon out. "It's okay, I'll be okay for a while." She scratched the pup before sending it into it's ball.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-29, 11:53 AM
'I dunno, not like I knew anyone who died. Probably just some rich Rebel, trying to impress me so he can stick his Onix in my Cloyster. Just cos some Hoenn girls dress like sluts, we all get a bad name.' Ennis was being extra crass, but in truth she was surprised he hadn't found out about her and her past with Team Aqua. Better keep on her toes around here. If someone found out her real name, she'd be in trouble.

'Well, since you know I'm Ennis Martillo, the least you should do is tell me your name.... Mr ?' She offered her hand to the man.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 12:43 PM
Bryan

"Alright Mr. Hume, your seat is at the front. Though I will have to ask you to return your Riolu and refrain from releasing any pokemon, for your saftey and those around you." With a kurt nod, she hurries off.

'Doctor'

As you scan the crowd, you notice a raven haired beauty (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sabrina)walking towards you purposefully. I don't always hide behind the guise of anonymity, 'Doctor'. Are you afraid I'll learn your dirty little secret? She takes a seat next to you, and gives a smile mixed with mirth and knowing mischief. Hello, 'Doctor'.

Tarja

The women nods, without answering your question. "Ok Ms. Blackthron, your seat is at the front, do enjoy." And she runs off again.

Ennis

The man chuckles at your crassness. I doubt you were invited for such an underhanded reason. I know these political types, if they wanted to be underhanded, they wouldn't do it for physical gratification. He smiles at you for actually asking. You can call me Simon. And it seems the true owner of this seat has arrived. Hello Francis.

Francis

As you search for your seat, you find it taken by a rather angry looking red headed girl, talking to an older blonde Ranger. The Ranger speaks to you. And it seems the true owner of this seat has arrived. Hello Francis.

Dragonsage
2012-08-29, 01:10 PM
Tarja returns the nod respectfully, before she strides over her seat and sits down with her legs crosses. She then takes a look around as she waits.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-29, 01:14 PM
Ennis makes no move to get up, but does take another cigarette from her pack and offer one to the newcomer.

Gaekub
2012-08-29, 01:20 PM
"Since you are telling me, you must vant something from me," the doctor mutters in a low voice. "Vhat is it?" he asks shortly.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-29, 01:30 PM
Francis smiles at the pair, Hello, I'm afraid I don't know who either of you are though. Francis May, travelling entertainer, performer, battler, and lover. And the two of you are? He looked expectantly at the pair, one eyebrow slightly arched.

He shakes his head when offered the cigarette. I used to, but I ended up smelling horrible. Women don't get turned on when they feel like they're kissing a torkoal.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 01:45 PM
Francis and Ennis

Simon snorts lightly at Ennis before standing up and offering Simon his hand. Simon. Glad to meet you in person Francis. His eyes shifted nervously to the black spire. I'm sorry for your loss.

'Doctor'

Sabrina laughs heartily, nearly falling out of the chair. Oh I'm not here to turn you in or black mail you. I'm just a represenative. Don't worry, your secret's safe. My lips are sealed. She winks, and jabs your side with a finger, before laughing once again. You get the feeling she's toying with you.

Tarja

As you seat your self, a few seats away from a trio in conversation, you begin studying the obelisk. You hear a voice, whispering in your mind Well! I'm glad you showed up. I almost expected to force you here. He will be happy.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-29, 01:58 PM
Francis's eyes narrowed. He took the offered hand, and grips it tightly. And you are? he asks again, tone a little cooler, a hint of annoyance tarnishing the stage voice. He doesn't let go of the man's hand until he gets an answer.

Esprit15
2012-08-29, 02:02 PM
Ewin growls at the woman. No. She means no harm, young one. He takes out a ball with an E etched into it, and taps the Riolu, the mon disappearing in a flash of light. As he arrives at his seat, he looks at the auras of those near him. While he doubted hostility, it was a possibility.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-08-29, 02:22 PM
Tarna left the boat more cautious than when she'd embarked, panicked and anxious that she would be pursued. Instead of pursuit though, it seemed like she was walking into something far far worse. Whatever this conspiracy was, she was still cautious of it, and the mysterious nature of the letter only exacerbated that.

She wandered through the crowds straight towards the plaza, trying not to stand out and being as unobtrusive as possible. She would watch today and find out what she could: she was certainly still too rattled to be quite as 'proactive' as she'd normally be.

She kept her pokeballs at her belt, hoping she wouldn't need them, but not willing to risk them again so soon after her disastrous fight with Skyla.

Dragonsage
2012-08-29, 02:25 PM
'Oh?' Tarja kept her appearance casual as she continued the telepathic conversation. 'I can see that you know who I am, but might I have the pleasure of knowing whom I am speaking with? And might I ask who 'he' is?'

Cormag81
2012-08-29, 02:29 PM
As the boat pulls up to the dock Ashley catches her first look of Castilla city. She is taken aback by the sheer size of the city. Yet as she disembarks she sees the familiar sight of construction crews and destroyed buildings so common place after Micheal defeated Cipher. Her hand unconsciously checks the 9mm pistol at her side cause where there's smoke there's fire and this place was still smoldering
"Eev?"
Ashley is drawn out of her somber thoughts of home as Rhea brushes around her legs.
"Okay girl let's go. We need to be at the conference in an hour but let's explore first."
Ashley heads out for the nearest market and begins browsing around eventually she finds a little stall off to the side of the road selling what look like colored stones. Ashley was going to pass it by when Rhea turns and runs up to the stall, hops up on the "counter" and begins playing with a very dark stone.
"Rhea! Stop that, that's not yours."
The cat looks back at Ashley "Vee?"
"Well I guess if you want it I'll get it for you"

She buys the stone and makes a necklace of it out for Rhea. Then she checks her watch and sees that it's 11:40 and realizes she needs to hustle to make it to the conference on time and so she heads out for the Plaza.

Dusk stone already on sheet and payed for this was just for fluff.

Major
2012-08-29, 02:38 PM
As the woman speaks, Kelaeon quickly looks her up and down checking for any discrepancies. She was most likely the greeter, but a little paranoia went a long way. After a moment of looking at her, he reaches into his trench coat, past the concealed knives, past the poisons, past the pokeballs, and past the other various devices he had scattered amongst his body to grab the invitation. Without saying a word he holds out the invitation to get the check in done with. If she knew about his mission she'd let him know, if she didn't then saying anything to her would be foolish.

MintyNinja
2012-08-29, 02:39 PM
Donny quietly slips into line and returns Masque to his ball, Too many people around. Probably not a good idea to have pokemon out. As the woman approaches him, Donny doesn't know how to respond to the title "Special Guest" so he hands her the invitation silently and smiles politely. Just act normal, pretend this is what you expected, he thinks to himself as she leads him away.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-29, 02:49 PM
Ennis just watches silently, wanting to see how this sudden hostility between Francis the 'lover' and Simon the Ranger would play out.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 03:06 PM
Ennis and Francis

You can call me Simon. His handshake is firm. He doesn't react to you holding his hand for an unusually long time. His face seems honest enough.

Bryan

You find your seat, between two girls. Both are red heads, but the one on your left wears a vale over her hair. The only aura's that seem hostile is the red head to your right, a pale green that pulses darker occassionally, and the young boy standing next to her, a vivid orange hue'd darker than most.

As you scan aura's you spot one, a brilliant blue color, from behind the stage. It reaches out to you and you taste and smell the color blue. Who are you!? Did the Grand's send you? I told them we can handle this! The aura vibrates fiercly, but not directed at you.

Tarna

Tarna is soon greeted by the same women, asking for her invitation. Her patience seems to be wearing a bit thin. "Hello, you must be one our special guests. May I see your invitation?"

Tarja

Patience child. All will be revealed in time. I am Lucian, of the Sinnoh Elite 4. And who he is, well lets just say a powerful man. You decided to attend. I'm curious as to why?

Ashely

The elderly shop keep smiles at the Eevee's enthusiams. "She's destined to be an Umbreon, stalkers of the night. You should be proud."

As you approach the plaza, a young women with every increasing stress approaches you. "You must be one of our special guests. May I see your invitation?"

Kelaeon

The women waits rather impateintly for your invitation. "Alright Mr. Cetar, you may take your seat. It is at the front, but I must ask you to not release any pokemon, for your saftey and those around you." With a smile, she leaves once again.

Donny

"Thank you Mr. Green. Your seat is in the front, but I must ask you to refrain from releasing pokemon for your saftey and those around you." She didn't seem to react to your 'normalness' but she did promptly leave, muttering about someone needing to hurry.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-29, 03:12 PM
Francis smiles, all tension vanishing from his body. Nice to meet you Simon. And your lady friend is? He glances at the girl who offered him a cigarette.

MintyNinja
2012-08-29, 03:15 PM
Donny nods in compliance to the advice about releasing pokemon and goes to where he's directed. He takes a moment looking at chairs that aren't his and reading names. He does this for only a little bit before he seeks out his own seat and sits himself down.

Major
2012-08-29, 03:19 PM
"If I wished for a lack of safety I wouldn't need my pokemon to make it so." Kelaeon says softly before moving on and merging with the crowd. Despite the many people, Kelaeon moves through it quickly and fluidly. One of the many things he had learned from Master Janine was to move with the crowd, to flow, to blend, and to become a dagger in the crowd. Sometimes even the most crowded areas could provide cover and stealth and being invisible was usually just a matter of merging with the background more-so than actual stealth.

Kelaeon moves through the crowd in a large circle in order to monitor his seat from all angles. He watches security, monitors the exits, and even looks for exits that most people wouldn't think of. Kelaeon had learned to run up walls and vanish, with those two talents sometimes exits nobody considered could become useful for him.

Gaekub
2012-08-29, 03:33 PM
"A representative?" Vladmir asks, retreating even deeper into his white coat. "Of who, might I ask? Either vay, my possession of this marked envelope does not indicate any Rebellion loyalty on my part." He pauses. "Unless you are implying such loyalty vould be the price of your silence."

Dragonsage
2012-08-29, 04:08 PM
Tarja was surprised that one of the league's elite would contact her directly. She tries to hide her expressions as she takes note of the man sitting next to her. 'Curiosity mostly. I wish to see what the league wants to do officially about the rebellion. I also want to see why I was invited. I take it you have some knowledge of my history and what happened to my father, considering you were expecting to have me brought here by force. That tells me, that I wasn't invited just to watch the conference and perhaps there's something I need to be here for. Or did I miss my mark?'

Cormag81
2012-08-29, 04:19 PM
Ashley pulls out her invitation and flashes it for the woman before putting it away. "Am I late?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-29, 05:31 PM
'Martillo. Miss Ennis Martillo. Seems I took your seat and got told off for it.' She stands up and looks for her seat. 'Oh, Simon. have you seen the Dragon Master's about? Are any of them attending?'

Esprit15
2012-08-29, 05:31 PM
Bryan looks at the two ladies, and tries to smile politely as he takes his seat, giving a sign of acknowledgement as he takes his seat. If they seem hostile, best to do his best to not start something inadvertently. As he waves to the person on his right, he freezes, 'hearing' the voice. Even though he knows the location, he instinctively looks around. I'm sorry, who said that? And who are you refering to?

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-29, 06:33 PM
Well it was a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Martillo, or is it Miss Martillo? Francis glances significantly at Simon as he asks her the question.

After Ennis wanders off, Francis takes his seat, and waits for the show to begin.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-29, 07:00 PM
Ennis stops mid walk. 'Mrs? I'm 17!?! Are you implying I look old?'

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-29, 07:24 PM
Shrugging, Francis grinned. Of course not, but some girls settle down early, especially if they're beautiful, and a dashing rich man Francis nods to Simon, Comes to sweep her off her feet. There was this one girl I met when performing in Slateport, gorgeous, all legs and curves, probably about your age. When we spent the night together, I though she was one of those single Hoenn women, looking for a little adventure, but the next day her extremely wealthy husband came after us. My master and I skipped town, and I've never been back to Hoenn. If you were ugly, I wouldn't have asked the question.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-29, 07:40 PM
Ennis blusters and blushes. 'I'm, I'm, I'm not with this guy, I just met him. I'm not like those Hoenn sluts, I don't go for a guy just cos he's rich, and most certainly not an old dude. I'm Miss Martillo. Remember that, or I'll ... kick your ass!'

Did he just imply I'm cute? I'm pretty sure he just called me cute. Sweet Arceus, don't blush.

'So... uh... the Dragon Masters, yeah. I was asking if any were here' she said, obviously trying to change the subject.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 08:01 PM
Donny

The chairs a labeled with small plackers, some of which you must awkwardly look around those already seated.

Seating Order from left to right:
Roger Stone
Bruno Katar
Lucian Lagley
Tarja Blackthron
Bryan Hume
Francis May
Kelaeon Cetar
Ashley Griffen
Blaine Pyrin
Professor Lillian Juniper
Aisle
Winnona Zephyr
Sabrina Marquee
Dr. Vladmir Kretznak
Donny Green
Aidan Lucerne
Ennis Martillo
Tarna Faith
Tate Jemini
Byron Ferron
Professor Rupert Elm

Kelaeon

Your personal seat is viewable from nearly all angles, only behind the stage cannot view you (you are stopped from getting that far though by a rather forceful Ranger). You notice there is an extreme Ranger presence. Each throughfare into the plaza hub has at least 2 Rangers, bearing the mark's of Sergant, patrolling them. More for larger streets. Within the actual conference area, you estimate at least 50 Rangers, possibly more, all at or above Captain.

A total of 12 streets converge on the plaza, 6 of which are large enough for 5 Rangers to patrol. Only 2 back alleys have 2 patrollers. While surface streets did not seem to be immidiatly viable, there were other unique possibilities of escape. Due to the weather, the windows of all the buildings surrounding the Plaza were shut, except one on the second floor across the Plaza. There were also quite a few manholes, draining the the water as it slowly accumulated, maybe those could be used for a stealthy escape in a scuffle. Otherwise, there was an uncanny lack of viable escape options, the Ranger detail here was extremely tight.

'Doctor'

You are a perceptive one, aren't you? I represent your savior, Vladmir. Your loyalty is not in question, just your faith. But I like you. A smart man who fears knowledge. Your quite useable.

Tarja

A young man with glasses and long, purple hair sits next to you with a smirk. Good. You are a smart little girl. I know far more about you than you do, my dear. You are here for a purpose. You are quite accurate in you estimation. He chuckles, more to himself than anything else. The man did not look at you at all, talking straight forward.

Ashley

"Oh not you dear. Just, please, go have your seat and don't release any pokemon." The women looks like she's on the verge of a nervous breakdown as she skitters around, trying to find another 'special guest'.

Bryan

The blue aura is stead for a moment, before it reaches out to you again. But instead of 'speaking' to you, it surrounds you, infusing you. During the entire process, every one of your senses tell you "BLUE" before the aura recedes slightly. They didn't send you did they? She invited an Aurite? .... I've said too much. We will be meeting again. The aura recedes completly, then begins to move away, towards a white aura, the owner's of both obscured by the stage.

Ennis and Francis

Simon simpliy chuckles at the exchange. Lance and Clair are here, but I'd advised against approaching either. The Dragon Clan insisted on sending their own personal gaurds for them. Drake, Drayden and Iris are as well, though not sure where they are at the moment.

Everyone

A large screen unfurls behind the stage. It begins to play video from the news from the riots, though without audio. The images are tragic.

Gaekub
2012-08-29, 08:16 PM
The doctor says nothing in return to Sabrina, but merely sighs. He had a feeling his life was going to become much more exciting than he liked in the near future.

"Vhat a vaste," he mutters as the images appear, partly to Sabrina but mostly to himself. "So much effort for so little reward."

MintyNinja
2012-08-29, 08:21 PM
Donny takes mental note of who is sitting where and returns to his own seat, beside a man in a white lab coat. A Doctor? Maybe he cured something important. He keeps quietly to himself as the video from the riots plays out. Much of it he had never seen, having left home shortly after. A particular seen depicting the burning of a building made his shoulder twitch in remembered pain.

Cormag81
2012-08-29, 08:24 PM
"Okay then? Sorry Rhea your going to have to pass the buck for now." she reaches for her hip and recalls Rhea but in the same action she releases Persephone. The Litwick appears and looks at Ashley "Sorry girl need your help go invisible and phase through the ground. Watch for danger and I'll call when I need you thx."

Esprit15
2012-08-29, 08:35 PM
A bluish aura, lighter than his own, and a white one. He was still new to his extra sense, so perhaps a bit of research on colors of aura would be good. Hm... Aurite, aurite... Had he heard that term before? Eh, probably not. Maybe as a passing word in a text, but if he went to look it up, he never found a definition to the word. He tried to remember the word to look it up later. Then the chatter next to him drew his attention. Heh, seems two of the other invitees (for clearly all of them in reserved seats were invited) were getting along well enough, but it was hard to focus. The old videos didn't interest him much. He'd seen the tapes (for the Internet was awash with footage within hours of the event), he'd seen the carnage, and he was sitting in view of the results. He looks to the person to his left again, but they seemed to be part of another conversation.

Dragonsage
2012-08-29, 08:36 PM
"What do you mean you know more..." Tarja was cut off by the screen suddenly unrolling and the riot video starts playing. She finds herself uncomfortable as she watches the video, occasionally looking away from the screen before forcing herself to continue watching.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 08:37 PM
'Doctor'

It was tragic, but its served a purpose. Her voice is flat, with no sign of emotion.

Ashley

Your sly roused worked, for a moment. A large, burly man in a Ranger uniform taps on you the shoulder. "Missy, you better recall that ghosty. The lady said no pokemon. So no pokemon."

You really thought you could do that secretly with that many rangers around watching?

Esprit15
2012-08-29, 08:52 PM
As the video continues, Bryan fidgets a bit. Not that the Riots weren't terrible and all (they were), but he had seen them all before, looked for signs in the videos of something others had missed in what had got them going. Any identifying clue. Nothing significant. Impatient and bored, he reaches back out again to the blue aura. So who are you, anyways? You saw fit to break silence and speak to me. Are you who invited me here?

BluesEclipse
2012-08-29, 08:57 PM
Aidan nods at the woman, showing his invitation. "Here you go..." he says absently, his gaze fixed on the monolith behind the stage. I wonder if Jacob's name is on there...

Major
2012-08-29, 09:01 PM
Satisfied with the results of his initial scan, Kelaeon moves towards his seat. He knew the area as best he could, saw the highest and lowest points of security, and even saw a few interesting escape routes though he hoped he wouldn't need to use them. As he approached his chair he hoped that Master Janine's mission for him wouldn't require him to have to escape. Even though he knew the area the intense security would leave little hope or chance of it.

Finally, Kelaeon arrived at his seat and quickly looked it up and down for any clue or more details on his mission.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 09:09 PM
Tarja

I know a great deal about many people. Its part of my talents. My skill in battling has less to do with my strengths but more of my planning. You will understand, in time.

Bryan

The aura does not respond immediatly but eventually I can not reveal much. Our plans are delicate. I was not the one to invite you, if my surprise was not evident earlier.

Aidan

The women, who sighs heavily in great relief, gives you the same speel as the rest before finding a seat and slumping down.

As you approach the obelisk, your gaze is drawn near the top. Barely readable from the ground, you can make our Jacob Allen right beneath the crescent shaped pokemon's lower wing.

Kelaeon

Besides the plaquared bearing your name, the chair is completly normal folding chair used as temporary seating. There are no signs of tampering or a note of any kind.

BluesEclipse
2012-08-29, 09:16 PM
Aidan nods, smiling slightly. "I hope you're enjoying yourself up there, Jake..." he says, quietly. He then turns towards the seats, quickly finding his assigned location, and looking at the people around him. Looking over the group, he pauses as he sees the Ranger there talking to two other individuals. So he's here... he thinks, narrowing his eyes slightly.

Cormag81
2012-08-29, 09:17 PM
Ashley glares at the ranger "I'm a free woman and can do what I please Persephone come up here now." she turns away from the ranger, deliberately ignoring him "Sorry girl I know you want to help but it's just not worth starting a fight over." she then brushes by him and goes to her seat returning persephone but not before she glares at the ranger.

Hey I had to try quick question would it have worked if she'd relesed Persephone before she arrived at the plaza.

Gaekub
2012-08-29, 09:18 PM
"And vhat purpose vas that?" Dr. Kretznak replies under his breath. "The death of a few league supporters? Or vas it just a vay to express anti-league sentiments?" He scoffs. "Either vay, I repeat my vords; vhat a vaste."

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-29, 09:20 PM
As the images started playing, Francis flinched. He didn't want to be reminded of this. You knew this was coming. Just deal with it, it'll be over soon.

Instinctively Francis reaches into his bag, and pulls out three rubber balls. Starting slowly, he throws them at the ground, and catching them when they came back. His master had called it bounce juggling, and it was one skill Francis excelled at.

While his hands were occupied, his mind cleared, and he was able to forget, if only for a moment, that horrible day.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 09:26 PM
'Doctor'

You'll understand soon enough. Just trust me. A small smile has returned to the Psychics face.

Ashley

Your small girlish frame bounces off the Ranger's, making you recoil. You quickly make your way to your seat. Next to you sits an elderly man in a lab coat, sunglasses and a widebrimmed at and a fuzzy moustahce. He holds a cane in his hands. That wasn't too smart little lady. These Ranger's don't take to kindly to upstarts and riff raff. He wiggles his nose, which causes his moustache to rustle slightly.

Aidan

Almost on cue, Simon turns and meets your gaze. He walks over, not at all hesitant. Good morning Aidan.

Major
2012-08-29, 09:26 PM
Kelaeon frowns as he looks over the chair. Nothing was there? Had he missed something? Was he feeling a test by Master Janine? Quickly he glanced around with a frown before looking behind his seat. There was no way he could look underneath it without looking weird. He looked at the plaque, but he couldn't find anything. What was his mission?

He skimmed the surrounding area trying to look for some kinda clue. Master Janine what am I supposed to do? He thought to himself trying to remember all his lessons and wondering if he was missing something. But no matter what he tried he couldn't figure it out. Perhaps his mission wasn't going to be told to him until just before the ceremony? Or perhaps it was after? However, he knew just sitting there would be a bad idea. If he just sat around and was missing a clue he'd miss the mission.

Esprit15
2012-08-29, 09:29 PM
I had guessed, but I wanted to be sure. So, what can you reveal?

BluesEclipse
2012-08-29, 09:31 PM
Raising an eyebrow, Aidan replies, "Alpha... I suppose I really shouldn't be surprised that you know who I am, given how much I've been trying to convince you people to fix the mistake you're making..."

Gaekub
2012-08-29, 09:32 PM
"Not likely," the doctor replies shortly, still watching the screen.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 09:39 PM
Bryan

Again, there is a pause before it responds. Little. I'm risking much just conversing with you. Just know we will meet again under less secretive means. Please, be wary. There are spies all about.

Aidan

I am well aware of your contributions in our retrieval and use of Snagger technology and your continued protests. I would assure you we have placed limiters on all the active units, along with failsafes, manual and remote overrides, but I know that won't matter, will it?

Cormag81
2012-08-29, 09:40 PM
"Hm, what do I care, I didn't know the 'rangers' existed untill I got off the boat an hour ago. If I'm 'riff-raff' cause I do t trust them with my safety so be it back in Orre if I didn't protect myself no one else was going to step up and help." she turns to the old gentalmen. "Thank you for the advice sir, I'll do my best to respect the customs of this land if only for self preservation purposes. I'm Ashley Griffen by the way mister ....?"

MintyNinja
2012-08-29, 09:45 PM
Donny keeps his eyes glued to the screen, but with no sound it was almost impossible not to hear what his neighbors were discussing. The Doctor on his left seemed to be in a disagreement with his conversation partner, Sabrina- Wait! Sabrina?! Oh crap. Oh crap crap crap crap crap... And to his right some kid was talking to the Alpha Ranger like he knew him. Maybe I'm a little out of place here.

Esprit15
2012-08-29, 09:57 PM
Very well, I shall hopefully be brief. May I at least know who I am speaking to? He looks around again, looking for anyone acting oddly or possessing a hostile aura.
Spot Check for hostiles: [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2012-08-29, 10:04 PM
Scowling, Aidan replies, "No, it doesn't matter, because I know how Snaggers operate, and so do you. And even if your people do restrict it, we both know that there are Rangers who defected from the corps over this whole thing, and kept their gear. Including Snag Machines. Someone who's smart enough and determined enough will find a way to make it work regardless of whatever restrictions come up, and that's not even considering the fact that there are still remnants of CIPHER that were never brought to justice. What happens when those lunatics get their hands on your safe Snag Machines, or when someone else decides to do here what they did in Orre? Or do you think you'll be more successful against them than you have been against groups like Rocket or Plasma?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 10:25 PM
Ashley

The man smiles and offers a wrinkly hand. Pyrin. Blaine Pyrin. You've got a spark in you, I can tell. I'm glad we were seated together, you would be a good companion in my old age. He smiles earnestly. His gaze returns to the screen. He removes his hat, revealing a shiny bald head, and places it over his heart. So tragic.

Donny

Sabrina perks up at a mention of her. Calm the muk down kid! I'm not going to eat your brain! This ain't a movie.

Bryan

You see the front row is nearly complelty filled, only a few spots on the ends are open. No one seems overtly hostile, though the blue aura is still hidden behind the stage. The aura simply responds Soon.

Aidan

Simon listens to your complaints patiently, crossing his arms defensivly. Give poeple guns and badges, eventually there will be a bad egg. Law enforcment has its risks, on many levels. I do not deny that. However, I will not take the accusation of apathy lieing down. The Rangers are nearly as old as the League itself. We know the secret channels, the smuggling routes. But the simple fact is there are more criminals than us. More minds to work around our search teams, our check points. And just because the news said the Rangers had no hand in the downfall of those criminals does not mean they were not. The public is so quick to eat up anything the media throws at them, but who checks the media? I know the man who brought in not only Cyrus, but also the Seven Sages personally. Now tell me, who is the apathetic one? His stern face has soured with anger and dissapointment.

Esprit15
2012-08-29, 10:33 PM
Very well. Where and when might that be? His eyes trail back to the screen. Arceus's Judgement, what madness. Crowds are such a deadly weapon. The Riots were a perfect catalyst (that was the right word, wasn't it? It was in a political theory book he had read last week and this seemed the proper usage) for a revolt. Create more distrust in the League's ability to even control people. No mention of the fact that nobody can control a mob. He sighs.

BluesEclipse
2012-08-29, 10:40 PM
Aidan scoffs. "I never said anything about apathy, Alpha. Sure, you people try. But you said yourself, you don't have enough men to handle everything. That said, putting Snag tech out there, even within your own people, is even worse of an idea. I lived through the problems CIPHER caused in Orre. I fought them myself, for that matter. That's why I specifically got a promise, when Stark was first brought in, that the Snag Machine he had would be destroyed - so that the world wouldn't have the rist of another Shadow Lugia incident. I would've destroyed it myself if I had been given the chance." Aidan glares at the man, before sighing.

"The simple fact is, Snag Machines will only cause problems. Even if your people can be trusted with them - which I can't believe given that it's already been shown that Rangers can't even be trusted to keep their word - you said yourself, you can't be everywhere, you can't police everything. And you know as well as I that no matter how hard you try to prevent it, someone will get a hold of one of your Snag Machines and cause problems. You were fine without them before, so why is it so important to you now to keep something that dangerous around, when you could just get rid of the danger to begin with?" Aidan looks at the lead Ranger stonily, waiting for a response.

Cormag81
2012-08-29, 10:47 PM
"Nice to meet you mister Pyrin is that what I was invited here for to serve as an escort to some old man no offence. Just trying to understand why your government would call a young female breeder from a foriegn region in for such a important meeting." Blane's actions towards the screen brings it to Ashley's attention for the first time. She studies the images on the screen for a few seconds before curiosity gets the best of her. "What in the world are those from and why are they showing them."

Dragonsage
2012-08-29, 10:56 PM
"We shall see." Tarja nodded then started to look about the the people sitting in the row, welcoming the distraction from the images.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 11:17 PM
Bryan

The aura pulses once, but remains silent.

Aidan

Simon looks on the verge of screaming his head off at you, but at the last moment, something changes. His stance slumps and he lowers his arms. I can't please everybody Aidan. I wish I could. I think we are kindred spirits, you and I. I think, if we had met on difference circumstances, we could be friends. You would have made a great Ranger. I would hope our next meeting is a more pleasant one. Do enjoy the confrence Aidan, I have to go. He walks off, behind the stage.

Ashley

Blaine stares at you, slowly removing his sunglasses wide-eyed. First off young lady, I am a married man. And that motioning with his cane is why we are all here. Why Cynthia invited you. That is the Castelia Riots. That obelisk lists those who perished. How could you come here all the way from Orre and not know that!? The disbelief is evident in his strained voice.

BluesEclipse
2012-08-29, 11:26 PM
Watching the Alpha Ranger walk away, Aidan sighs, and says more to himself than anyone else, "I don't know if I would... I can't just blindly accept when something so wrong is done, after all." Returning to his seat, Aidan looks at the displays of the riots for only a moment before turning away, muttering, "I wonder if they realized that those of us that lived through that might not be interested in seeing that again..."

Esprit15
2012-08-29, 11:26 PM
Hm, he or she is clearly busy. Best not annoy them if he will be seeing them again shortly anyways. He returns to watching the Riots, scanning the video. On a larger screen, it was easier to spot details he may have missed back home, like- OH! That was a nasty hit. Poor guy, was just an ice cream stand owner.

MintyNinja
2012-08-29, 11:48 PM
Donny calms himself down, but then Sabrina speaks to his mind and he almost flips out again. His palms start sweating and his legs tense in anticipation. But then he hears what she says and he forces himself calm. Didn't mean to offend. Just a gut reaction. He calms as he overhears the argument to his right. That kid seems to be holding his own. Best not get on his bad side... Or the other guy's bad side. After another minute or two, he hears a conversation across the aisle, between what sounded like an older man and a girl. What shocked him was that it sounded like the girl was invited by Cynthia, of all people.

Cormag81
2012-08-29, 11:56 PM
Ashley is taken aback by his reaction. "I ment no offense sir, by either statement. I'd heard about the riots before but I've never seen footage of them before. I came here because my dad wanted me to 'see the world'. You see I was born in Kanto, but my family moved to Orre when I was young and my mother and three brothers have kept me busy, any news I got from outside Orre was from the foriegn customers who use our breeding service." She looks at the screen again seeming to study it more. The images affect her deeply, "So much death and destruction why would they do something like that," she mumbles nearly inaudably.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-30, 12:13 AM
Ashely

Some claim in the name of the Rebellion or the League. I don't believe them. I think they just wanted to destroy and harm others. I agree miss. Blaine bows his head again, before replacing his sunglasses and hat.

Everybody

The gigantic view screen behind the stage goes black for a moment. The uprising trumpets of the League’s anthem blare over the speakers as the League’s symbol traces itself on the screen in black and grey. A tall man with crew cut blonde hair and deep blue eyes, fashioned in Ranger dress uniform decorated in medals and insignias approaches the podium with a rigid but authoritative stride. Many of you recognize him as Alpha Ranger Simon. Simon rests his hands on the podium and stares over the crowd with somber silence.

Today we have gathered to honor the fallen, those who gave their lives for what they believed in, and those who were caught in the cross fire. I am not here to condemn them. I am here simply to pay my respects. Simon pauses and bows his head slightly, obscuring his eyes. With a shallow sigh his gaze returns to the crowd. I won’t take any more of your time. I know who you are all here to meet. Let me introduce the World Champion and Head of the Pokémon League, Cynthia Shirona. While Simon wore a smile, his voice was mirthless and solemn. He steps away from the podium backwards; placing his hands behind his back and stands at attention at an arm’s length away.

A light breeze picks up as the woman strides onto the stage and up to the podium. Her stance is confident and proud, but is shadowed by shame. For anyone observant enough can see she carries the weight of the names etched in stone. The burden has taken its toll. Her face seems more haggard, a few extra lines that weren’t there a few months before. She stares in the distance for a moment before addressing the congregation. “I’d like to welcome you all here today. Today is not a day of celebration. It is a day of remembrance and silent contemplation. What happened here, in the streets of Castelia, was a tragedy. It is my deepest sorrow seeing the names carved in the granite. I can feel their pain, hear their sorrow, and see their lives cut short.” Cynthia pauses, letting her words sink in.

“I have 3 reasons for speaking with you today. The first is to apologize. I am sorry. I am sorry for the events that lead to this tragedy. I am sorry for those who have lost their loved ones, Pokémon and family alike. I am sorry for all those who have suffered. I am sorry. I take responsibility for all of these events. However, I am not here to simply apologize. The damage is far too great for a simple apology. The world has changed, there is no denying it. The League and the Rebellion continue to be at odds with each other. These conflicts have far reaching consequences, affecting the world as a whole. And it must stop.” Cynthia slams a fist down on the podium, the speakers whining from the sudden noise.

Esprit15
2012-08-30, 12:35 AM
Bryan's lax interest is suddenly shaken by the pounding on the podium. The sight of the World Champion shook him as he finally started paying real attention. Things were starting to look like more than just videos of some revolts in a far away city. This was real, and he was possibly a part- Wait, that Aura. The same white one as before. So that's who was back there. Not a real shock, but still... He nods his head in respect to what the champion said and remained quiet.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-30, 12:35 AM
As Simon stepped up on the stage, Francis stops juggling, and stows the balls safely in his pack. He listens to the speakers in silence. Simon's doesn't make much of an impression on him, but he's really only the announcer.

At the start, he scorns Cynthias speech. His father had died, and all she can say was sorry? Unforgivable. Then, he starts to realize that she has many of the same ideas he does; she only wants the violence to end. He can respect that, but is still undecided about her.

Judge after you finish Francis, not before. And why in Arceus's name was I brought to listen to something like this.

Major
2012-08-30, 12:41 AM
Despite not knowing his mission, Kelaeon sits down as soon as the announcements start. While his eyes are facing the stage and seem to be watching, he monitors all his surroundings out of the corner of his eyes. Something here was important enough for him to be here. He glanced to his left and right at the people seated next to him. He hated being so close to so many people that he didn't know.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-30, 12:55 AM
Gently pushing away a golden lock that strayed, Cynthia continues. Her voice remains cool and unwavering. “A long time ago, the world was divided. There was no League or Rebellion. The world was divided into many kingdoms and empires. These entities stood against each other, further widening the gaps between both people and Pokémon. Eventually, war broke out. One by one, each country got dragged into the Great War. The War was hideous. Thousands died on a daily basis. Lush grasslands became voidish battlefields. No corner of the world escaped the ravages of war. Brother turned on brother, no one could be trusted. The War nearly tore the world apart. The few in power, who lusted for more, sought insane methods to win. They disturbed the legends of the world. They attempted to tame myths themselves. And it nearly destroyed the world. Here is where many expect me to say ‘I don’t want history to repeat itself.’ But in fact, I do. As some of you know, the Great War was stopped by a mysterious group of protectors, who called themselves the Aura Guardians. They revealed themselves to the world and demonstrated their far reaching power. Through organized efforts, they brought the Great War to the end. But that was only half the battle.” A passion has begun burning in Cynthia’s eyes, piercing through everyone of you, as if she knows why you’re here, even if you don’t.

“The Guardians knew that if the world did not change, that if these kingdoms continued to be at odds with one another, another Great War would happen again eventually. So they formed a plan. They abolished all the countries and empires, and created world government, what we know as the Pokémon League. Under the guidance of the Guardians, the young League established its power throughout the world. Its power was far reaching but lightly applied, and everybody was happy. Eventually, the Guardians faded from the public eye. They were no longer needed as guides and advisors, the League became self-sufficient. Many believe that the Guardians are myth, that they never existed. Well, I am here to rebuke this claim. The Aura Guardians were the ones who ended the Great War and created the Pokémon League. And while they left the public eye hundreds of years ago, they did not fade from existence. They have been silent watchers, their agents placed in strategic places in all walks of life. That being said, I am not here as Cynthia Shirona, World Champion and Head of the Pokémon League. I am here as Cynthia Shirona, Aura Protectorate of the Aura Guardians.” A hushed awe washes over the crowd. Many stare at their leader mouths agape.

The silence only a moment before the reporters jump up and barrage Cynthia with a cacophony of questions. She raises her hands pleadingly “Hold it! Hold on! I’ll answer questions later. I’m not quite finished. Yes, I am a member of the Aura Guardians, and yes they are more prevalent than you may expect. The Grand Auras have tasked two of their ranks to put an end to the war on the horizon before it begins. I was one of them. The other was in position of high standing in the Rebellion. I know the Rebellion Originators have escaped the spotlight however, one will reveal himself today for the sake of the world, in the name of the Aura Guardians. Ri, you’re up.” Cynthia takes one sideward step backwards, standing opposite of Simon. Her face clearly shows a weight has been lifted from her mind.

BluesEclipse
2012-08-30, 01:03 AM
Aidan blinks as he processes the information revealed thus far. Is she trying to say that the leaders of the League and Rebellion are part of the same group? Does that mean this whole thing has been orchestrated from the beginning? His thoughts whirl as he watches and listens intently, trying to understand what's going on.

Major
2012-08-30, 01:05 AM
A frown crossed Kelaeon's face as they talked. This had to be what it was all about, this had to be why he was here. The Rebellion was the enemy regardless of what this Champion said and regardless of her claims to be a part of a secret society that everyone knew was a myth. And now one of the top leaders of the Rebellion was going to show his face right here. He now understood why Master Janine had sent him and what mission was so important that even his own safety was worth risking for.

Esprit15
2012-08-30, 01:15 AM
Bryan stares, his mind trying to respond to the new information. Muk looking up whatever he was thinking about earlier; tonight he was researching who the Aura Guardians were.

Yes! Just like he thou- wait, no. The Rebellion is independent, not orchestrated by the League, but then the League DOES have someone on the inside, so as to stop the Rebellion before it starts. Or- Wait, Cynthia is sensitive to Aura too? (He had to resist the urge to communicate to her then and there) And that other blue person. Is that Ri then? So they must be part of the Rebellion then. If anyone was reading Bryan's mind, they'd see dozens of ideas trying to form to update his theory on the Rebellion. This was huge! But the overall plan was still the same, this just shows how prepared the League was. Suddenly his reason for being brought over might be a bit more clear. On the other hand, why bring anyone over if things were being taken care of? Unless of course this was more for publicity's sake than information. That was a possibility. An effective govornment as expansive as the League does need to be able to spread information to the people to keep them calm in the face of disorder, even if that information isn't fully true...

He continues to think.

Cormag81
2012-08-30, 01:16 AM
Aura gaurdians, Aura grands, aura doodads. What did it matter to her, why was she here, if this world champion person had invited her here and given her the place of honor in the front row something was up and she would have nothing to do with it. Yet Ashley remembers the nice mans advice and remains seated. Respect others even if you don't understand them Ashley, she thought to herself thought to herself as she fought to keep herself seated.

Dragged all the way here to be ranted to about things I don't understand nor do I want to. I could still be home breeding with mom and taking care of my brothers. Stupid foreigners. she mumbles to herself.

Dragonsage
2012-08-30, 01:17 AM
'Sorry?' Tarja lowered her head in respect for her father and the other fallen. She wasn't sure sincere her words were, but she did appreciate the apology. At least Cynthia was willing to take responsibility for what had happened. This didn't heal wounds, but it helped.

Tarja's head jerked back up as Cynthia slammed the podium. She have full attention as she began to speak about the aura guardians. She was almost tempted to turn to Lucian and ask him who Ri was, but she figured that she would have the answer soon enough. So she waited patiently as the events unfolded.

MintyNinja
2012-08-30, 04:10 AM
Donny was focused on the speakers as they each made their say. The somber message of reflection and respect for the dead seemed to go hand in hand with the weather. The gentle rains had plastered Donny's hair to his head and his coat looked darker where it was wet. Cynthia seems to know her audience, he thinks to himself. All these people, most of them have probably lost someone in this war. And the way she's apologizing, it seems heartfelt. So heartfelt that I almost want to forgive her. That thought surprised him and he contemplated the situation more, Is that why I'm here? To be convinced to forgive the League it's tyranny? No. That can't be it.

He continued to listen as Cynthia worked her way to her point, and he was as shocked as everyone else to learn of her secret status. Then as she mentioned an Aura Guardian for the Rebellion, his gears began to turn faster. The Aura Guardians? What could they do to stop this? They would have to wipe out everyone... here... ...oh. His muscles tensed as his heart beat out a much faster pace. He slowly and carefully moved his hand over the ball for Echo and waited, tense as a violin string.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-30, 08:53 AM
Did she just say she wanted a great war? She wants people to die? I don't care is she's arceus sent, she doesn't' deserve the title of champion.

As she continues to talk, Francis listens, So she plans on stopping a great war to be a hero, a power trip at the expense of the masses. This is just wonderful.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-30, 09:10 AM
Ennis moves to take her own seat. So, the Dragon Clan think they are all special? Above everyone else? It'll be funny when I become the next Dragon Master. Ennis keeps an eye out for the other 3, especially Drake. Too bad all the Dragon Masters were on the side of the League, and she was invited by the Rebellion. But it didn't matter too much. She'd have to take them on sooner or later if she wanted to be a Dragon Master herself.

Ennis listens to the Champion talk. So, she's admitting to playing both sides in the hopes of ending the war? Hmm, risky, but it's pretty much a last ditch effort. It's more likely to piss off both sides, knowing there is a 3rd side pulling the strings. This will probably only make things worse. She sat there with her still unlit cigarette in her mouth and listened. Occasionally, she'd shoot a glance over at Francis to see what he was doing.

Gaekub
2012-08-30, 09:34 AM
Both sides controlled by the same group, the doctor thought. That is interesting, but not particularly surprising once you think about it.

Also not particularly relevant, he continues. The Rebellion isn't about leaders; in fact, it's about the opposite of that. Even if a Rebellion Orginator does reveal himself - or herself - in favor of ending the Rebellion, it won't do anything.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-30, 09:45 AM
A young man (http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lii06jgb8d1qepu9a.png), clad in blue and a serious demeanor walks across the stage. His stride is cool, almost casual, though his face is all business. He reaches the podium and stares out into the crowd, speaking proudly. “I am Riley Aaron, descendant of the great Sir Aaron. My family has protected Iron Island for generations. But the Aaron’s have another duty, protecting the world from secret threats as Aura Guardians. But I had failed that task. I gathered the Rebellion Originators. The Rebellion was my idea.” Boos, hisses and cheers emanate from the crowd. “You have every right to be angry. It was my actions who set these terrible chains of events in motion. I am sorry. But I have come here to repent, and propose a solution. The Rebellion was started to attempt to reform the League. It was my belief that the League has lost sight of its original intentions, and I wished to rectify that. So I, along with Cynthia, have devised a plan that we believe everybody can be happy with. First off-” there is a loud crash and a bellow of fury from the left side of the crowd, as everyone turns to see what the commotion was.

Standing in front of the crowd, heaving, his face red with anger was a shirtless man (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bruno) with dark brown hair. “CYNTHIA YOU TRAITOROUS BITCH! ” He literally leaps onto the stage and points an accusing finger at Cynthia, who is taken back by his outburst.
“Calm down Bruno! It had-“
“NO! I will not calm down! You worked with the enemy! You conspired with the man who wished to see your fall! Our fall!”
At this point, Simon had sprung into action. He tucked and rolled across the stage, bringing a strange device to Bruno’s face. “Stand down Bruno. I don’t want to hurt you.” The contingent of Rangers slowly began to circle the imposing Elite 4.

Bruno slowly corrects his posture and clears his throat. “ Sorry Simon. I was a little irritated that our fearless leader was conspiring against us.”
Cynthia takes a defiant step forward. “You know judged well that is not true. I only wish to see peace, and working with Riley was the most promising solution.”
“I don’t wish to see anyone harmed, Bruno.” Riley pleads.
“That’s a load of Tauros crap! I don’t trust either of you, not with your secret plans, and your Aura Guards or whatever. And neither should any of you.” Bruno sweeps his hand, slowly, over the crowd. He returns his gaze to Cynthia, passion burning in his eyes. “World Champion Cynthia Shirona, I challenge you for your title as World Champion. Right here, right now.” Bruno draws a pokeball, and tosses it confidently.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-30, 09:50 AM
Ennis jumps to her feet, excited. 'I got $1000 bucks on Cynthia. Any takers?' she asks.

Gaekub
2012-08-30, 09:55 AM
Dr. Kretznak leans over to whisper to the psychic beside him. "May I leave now?" he asks. "This is very quickly going bad."

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-30, 09:57 AM
Francis smiles at Ennis, he could use a bet right now, to take his mind off the fact that Cynthia had been promoting world war a second ago. Sure, Cynthia's good, but Bruno can snap her like a matchstick. $1,000 it is. Hopefully she lost, though Francis seriously doubts this.

BluesEclipse
2012-08-30, 09:58 AM
Blake looks over at the woman next to him, blinking, before returning his attention to the stage, pulling out his Pokedex as he does. This should be interesting to see... I don't know if I really trust these 'Aura Guardians' myself.

Esprit15
2012-08-30, 10:03 AM
Wait, so the league wants the change too? Then what was all of this fighting and-

Oh Muk. Okay, so not everyone is on board. Judgement, who did he agree with more? He continues to watch the fighting on stage. Bruno, why on earth... She was going for diplomacy, you idiot.

"Thousand on Cynthia? Only a fool would take that bet!" He pulls out his dex. He had been curious to get a look at the Champion's team. Was nearly impossible to find a video of them battling. Seems one of the few things the League did pay attention to. Makes sense.

MintyNinja
2012-08-30, 10:03 AM
Donny stands up as the crowds seem to react in shock and awe. There was about to be a battle for World Champion title right in front of him, and he had a front row seat. A red haired girl pipes up and offers a $1,000 bet and Donny is tempted to take it but someone else calls her on it first. He watches the battle intently.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-30, 10:09 AM
Ennis blew a mocking kiss at Francis. 'You know just how to push my buttons, don't you? You're on.'

Cormag81
2012-08-30, 10:43 AM
Stupid muking foriegners, I'm going home! Ashley gets up and begins to walk towards the nearest exit road.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-30, 12:46 PM
Francis and Ennis

Both of you get dissaproving glances from the Rangers, and mixed spattering of reactions from the crowd, though no one else takes the bet.

'Doctor'

I wouldn't if I were you. I can't protect you if you leave. Your unsure if this was a threat or reassurance.

Ashley

As you get up, Blaine grabs your wrist holding it firmly but not forcibly. Ms. Griffen, I implore you to remain seated. It is rude to leave early, especially if you are an invited guest. In a low whisper I do not wish to see you harmed and I fear the worst if you were to leave prematurely.

Tarja

This is getting out of hand. Tarja, stay close to me. This will end badly, I can see it.

Everybody

A collective gasp spreads across the crowd. Cynthia looks like she’s about to step down. It was her right as the challenged to refuse. With a tighten of her fist “I accept your challenge Bruno. Everybody, we will conclude this later, though you may stay for the battle. Simon, will you raise the arena?” Simon slowly backs away from Bruno, not taking his eyes off of him. He nods. “Everybody, if you please move to the outside of the ring of Rangers. I will raise the arena for the Championship battle.” As everyone shuffle out, several rangers’ dash and grab the fold out chairs and clear out. Bruno begins walking to one side; his heavy foot falls make hard thuds on the pavement.
“Cynthia, you don’t have to do this. You shouldn’t!” Riley pleads. Cynthia shakes her head as she moves to the other end gracefully. “I have too. If the Grand Aura’s don’t like it, so be it. I must defend my honor, just as you wish to redeem yours.”

As the area is cleared, Simon pushes a button on a pedestal near the monument. The ground splits and shifts underneath itself, revealing a large pit. Out of the pit rises an arena, plain but marked with the traditional boundaries. At each corner, there is a machine that fires to life as a protective bubble surrounds the field.

“Not too late to back down Cynthia.”
“I don’t back away from a challenge.”
Bruno smirks and chucks the pokeball to the field, releasing a 4 armed grey humanoid Pokémon, as Cynthia releases a spherical shadow, with a crazed face and an odd stone in its back. The two stare at each other for a few moments before Machamp charges forward, slamming a Dynamicpunch into Spiritomb, knocking it unconscious. The battle begins in earnest like this, though Bruno has a clear advantage the entire battle. Cynthia’s Milotic makes quick work of Machamp with a Psychic, but Burno’s Hitmonchan retaliates with Thunderpunch. Cynthia counters with her Togekiss, staying the air and raining Air Slashes from above. Bruno responds with his Steelix, which makes short work of the flying type with a powerful Stone Edge. Cynthia releases her Garchomp, a sign of desperation. She always saved him for last. Garchomp was able to make quick work of Steelix, as well as Bruno’s Breloom and Heracross. But he did not defeat them unscathed. When Bruno released his final pokemon, a Lucario, it was able to strike first with Extremespeed, KOing the dragon. Cynthia’s Roserade falls to a Fire Punch, leaving the final battle to her Lucario.

“I have the advantage Bruno. I’ve raised him from birth, trained him. Yours has taken a beating. Give up.”
“I’m not out of the fight yet!”
Together, they shout "Aura Sphere!" The two Lucario’s charge and release the deep hue’d spheres, which pass each other in the middle. Both stand firm, awaiting the inevitable impact. The monitor has cameras trained on both, ready to capture who is hit first. Time seems to slow as the orbs rocket to their targets. For a moment, it looks like Cynthia’s would connect first, but Bruno’s dashes forward, blasting the Lucario against the barrier, unconscious. Cynthia was defeated, Bruno was the victor.

The crowd, which had been cheering for both sides falls into a hush. Cynthia stares vacantly at her unconscious Pokémon, before falling to her knees. Bruno smirks “I’m the World Champion now.” He jumps down onto the arena to the center, joined by his Lucario. “I am your leader. And first thing I do as World Champion, is to banish Cynthia Shirona for treason! And second, declare war on Riley Aaron and the Rebellion!” There is a roar of applause from all the League supporters, and a cacophony of boos for the Rebellion sympathizers. But the cheers and jeers are cut short, as the monitor expels a large hiss of static and the image of Bruno wavers, dissapeears and is replaced by an image of a dark room, with 5 shadowed figures seated in a half-circle. There is a gap in the half-circle, in the center left.
Brunos: Machamp, Himtonchan, Steelix, Breloom, Heracross, Lurcario
Cynthias: Spiritomb, Milotic, Togekiss, Garchomp, Roserade, Lurcario.

Also, preception for anyone from Sinnoh.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-30, 01:07 PM
Ennis just scoffs. 'I call bull, this is obviously set up. How could a Machamp hit a ghost type with Dynamic Punch? It's probably some League Tauros crap so they can trick us.'

Esprit15
2012-08-30, 01:15 PM
"Wow. Brute force triumphs over reason in the short term." Bryan glares at the fool who had taken over the League.

Dragonsage
2012-08-30, 01:23 PM
Tarja nodded and stayed close to Lucian as Bruno and Cynthia battled each other. And when the battle finished she ignored the cheering and boos from the crowds. "Fools, the league is now in the hands of a warrior who cannot see reason..." She sighed as she turned to Lucian. "So what happens now? Did you see this in your plan?" She didn't sound snide, just curious.

MintyNinja
2012-08-30, 01:44 PM
War. That word again. First it was just a movement. Then a riot. Now we're at war, Donny thinks to himself as the declaration is made. He's standing far enough away that he's not within easy reach of the Rangers. His hand is about to release Masque into the crowds when the screen flickers and changes to the shadowy figures.

Cormag81
2012-08-30, 01:46 PM
Ashley turns to Blaine, "really, so I've been in Unova for 1 hour and I've already gotten lost in these foriegn politics. There is no way I'm following that imbecile Who can't see the consiquences of the war he's about to start if you need me I'll be back in Orre, Doing my best to keep the Orrien people out of this stupid conflict." She pulled her hand away from Blane and began to walk away once again.

Major
2012-08-30, 02:13 PM
As Riley had stood up and started talking, Kelaeon stood up and tensed up his right arm. He wasn't sure how he would do this, there were too many people around between him and Riley. Due to treason, Cyntheia was also a target, but taking out two powerful people was going to be impossible. That was when Bruno made his entrance and saved Kelaeon from having to make the tough choice to act or wait.

Bets were called out, cheers happened, boos happened, and chaos ensued. Had Kelaeon been the type to bet with strangers he'd have taken the bet. By joining the enemy, Cyntheia had lost sight of her goals and a person without focus wouldn't be able to battle to their best. Bruno was motivated, Bruno had passion, and if he could control and focus that passion he would win.

Sure enough Bruno had won. The traitors and the orchestrator of this war had been revealed and Bruno had taken over. There were a lot of changes going to happen and while Kelaeon had admired Cynthia, if she had worked with the enemy she was a traitor and thus his enemy as well. If this Riley had started the war then he was an even greater enemy. This war was started by him, this war had taken his family and countless other family members, this war had sacrificed countless people's childlike innocence and ruined the peace that had swallowed this world. And this man was ultimately responsible.

When Bruno made his declaration, Kelaeon brought his right fist to his chest in salute and gave a polite bow to the man. Then he waited to see what was going on the TV.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-30, 02:34 PM
Wait, Cynthia lost! I was just trying to piss her off, I didn't actually think she'd lose. Whatever, this day can't get much crazier. He glances at Ennis, and yells, Bad bet Ennis, I believe you owe me some money.

When Bruno declared war, Francis freezes. War? This guy is crazy! He's just going to throw away innocent lives so that he can have a playground to prove he's best warrior? At least Cynthia was sympathetic about the loss of life.

Francis is confused, and scared. He came believing that the league would be able to deal with the rebellion without putting innocents into harm's way, now, he isn't so sure. Things get even more confusing when Bruno is replaced by the five shadows.

Gaekub
2012-08-30, 02:34 PM
"Vell," the doctor mutters. "That makes things simpler." He glances over towards the Rangers, hoping that they do not ascribe to a shoot first mentality.

Ah. And here we have the Aura Guardians, unless I am very much mistaken, he thinks as the new image appears on the screen. Just what we needed, shadowy figures to round out everyone's paranoia.

Forgot I was from Sinnoh. Perception check in OOC

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-30, 04:00 PM
Bryan and the Donny

Something was strange about Cynthia while she battled. Her strategy was too reserved, too defensive. Almost completly different from watching her raise through the ranks on tv as a child. Had she changed that much in her time as Champion?

Tarja

Unfortunatly yes. Do not stray from me.

Leaguer's

A voice, calm but forceful, speaks in the back of your heads. I Lucian of the Sinnoh Elite 4 and I am a friend. Do not leave the plaza. I can see the minds of assassins. They plan to kill anyone attempting to leave the plaza. League, Rebellion or innocent, they don't care.

Ashley

I know you heard Lucian, I did too. I didn't want to worry you, but if you stay put we can get you out of here safely. Please, trust me. He has removed his glasses, his eyes weary and concerned. He truely cared about your safety.

Rebellion

If you value your lives, stay put. There's assissins waiting for anyone trying to leave. This is not a threat, simply a warning. I am Sabrina, I suggest you stay near me if you want to get out alive.

Major
2012-08-30, 04:03 PM
"I know the strategy and plans of most assassins. Regardless, I'm not here to run. Kelaeon thinks as his eyes stay focused on the screen.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-30, 04:11 PM
Wait assassins? You invited us knowing assassins would be here?

Francis reached behind him, and felt his lower back where his throwing knife was hidden. If things went south, he'd need it to escape. Jasmine can teleport me into a building to hide if another riot starts. There really isn't anything I can do right now except wait and hope I'm not joining dad in the afterlife anytime soon.

Gaekub
2012-08-30, 04:14 PM
The doctor's neck tenses at the mention of assassin's, but he manages to restrain himself from turning his head. Assassins? he thinks at Sabrina. Hired by who, these Aura Guardians?

Dragonsage
2012-08-30, 04:23 PM
"Assassins? Who sent them?" Tarja asked Lucian as Amos' ball appeared in her hand. She then tired to reach out mentally to see if she could get an idea of how many there were and where they were.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-30, 04:26 PM
'Hmm, not dying is high up on my to-do-list. Stay put, gotcha.' Ennis tucks the money into her bra.

'Sorry Francis, if you want this you'll have to come get it yourself.' She gives him a wink.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-30, 05:01 PM
Francis winks back. Maybe later Ennis. I'm enjoying the show at the moment.

I wonder if she knows about the assassins.

Cormag81
2012-08-30, 05:06 PM
Ashley perks up at the mention of assassins her hand sub-consciously goes for her gun. Then she stops and considers both the amount of rangers and the power level of the trainers here and decides it isn't worth her life. "Fine I'll trust you to get me out of here but that's as far as my trust extends I'll still return to Orre when this is over."

MintyNinja
2012-08-30, 05:36 PM
Not reacting outwardly to the semi-familiar mental voice of Sabrina, Donny tries to reply in his own head, Alright. You got it. Not leaving. Donny doesn't move any closer to the exits, and in fact edges closer to where his own seat used to be. How could Cynthia lose? Looking at her battle style, it's not the same. She used to be much more aggressive. Did she throw the match? Donny stops moving when Sabrina's only about 5 meters away. His thoughts a swarm of more leading assumptions, he thinks to himself, If she did, then she relinquished control of the league to this monster. And so she's responsible for this declaration of war. Meaning the Aura Guardians are responsible. Meaning they want another war, probably to wipe us out. And thus, assassins.

Esprit15
2012-08-30, 08:18 PM
Wait... She held off. Why? What could she possibly gain by throwing the match if her intent was to create peace, or at least forestall war? Something he would have to think about later. Hasty conclusions are rarely right. He pays little attention to the assassins warning. He wasn't leaving anyways; way too many questions for people who were right here. Starting with one very important one. He takes a deep breath.

Um...Miss Shirona?

BluesEclipse
2012-08-30, 08:34 PM
Aidan's eyes narrow as he watches the battle, almost expecting Riley to jump in on Cynthia's side. With the battle's end, he relaxes slightly - only until he hears Bruno's declaration. War? ...fine, so be it. It doesn't change my goals either way, he thinks to himself, watching for what happens next - and finding himself slightly bewildered by the figures on the screen that replace Bruno's image.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-30, 09:01 PM
'Doctor'

Can't tell. I can't delve deeper without getting closer and time. All I know, they aren't friendly.

Francis andTarja

I just now detected them, they were outside my range till a moment ago. I don't want to put you in unnesccary danger.

Ashley

Hopefully I can convince you to change your tune, but fair enough.

Bryan

There is a pause, before a choppy response comes back. I... not... good... communication. Now... not good.

Everyone

The crowd stares at the screen bewildered, one brave soul calling out “WHO’S THAT!?” One of the figures, on the center right begins to speak. “Our sentiments exactly Bruno. We” gesturing to the other figures “are the remaining Rebellion Orignators. Riley has outstepped his bounds. He has broken our taboo and revealed himself. He has never nor will ever, speak for the Rebellion. We officially revoke his title and cast him from our ranks.” The voice was clearly masked, sounding computerized.
The figure on the far right speaks next. “You have declared war on us, and we return the favor. This is a call to arms, all those who are fed up with the League’s tyranny rally with us! We shall remove their flawed system, so the world may grow.” The figure on the far left now speaks “Bruno, mark our words. The League shall fall and it shall be because of your rash decisions.”
The figures on in the middle on either side speak together “Those who defy change will fall, those who embrace it will see the world reborn. Now is our time!”
Bruno was oddly silent for the entire speech. “You crazy mukkers! Come out of hiding and face me like a man. Like men! I will hunt you down and put an end to you myself!”
“We expect it Bruno.” With that, the feed is cut and there is nothing but static. Everything is eerily still and quite. There is a light smack near the back of the crowd. A man in a Ranger uniform staggers back as a large bearded man brings his fists into a defensive stance.

In moments the scene turns to chaos, attacks go flying and flashes of light as pokemon are released.

Leaguers

Everyone, grab my hand! I will get you to saftey! Lucian stands and thrusts his arms wide. Everyone feels a slight telekinetic tug towards him. A large humanoid pokemon with glowing yellow eyes and what seems to be gears in its abodomen appears in front of you, coming from a young women with a tight bun, glasses and a lab coat. An ancient threatening noise emanates from it, warding off any would be attackers, for now.

Rebels

If you like having your skin on your body, get your asses over here, now! A somewhat forceful telekinetic push shoves all of you towards Sabrina. A large, steel snake appears, surrounding you, coming from a grizzly man with extremly unkempt hair, brandishing a shovel. The snake looks out towards the battle meaningcly, taking a few blows from over eager battlers.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-30, 09:07 PM
Francis runs towards Lucian, Muk my life. Just my luck to be caught in the crossfire. He grabs Lucian's hand, and whirls around checking to see if Ennis had run to the Elite Four member.

BluesEclipse
2012-08-30, 09:07 PM
Scowling, Aidan quickly whips his disc-blade off his belt by flinging the disc upward, then slipping his hand through the loop at the end of the chain and catching the sharpened blade in his hand with practiced ease. "Damnit... not again! With all these people around, it's too risky to release..." As the psychic power shoves him towards Sabrina and her mental shout echoes in his mind, he nods, saying, "Right. Get out of here first... too much risk." He makes his way over towards the woman widely considered to be the most powerful psychic ever to live, his eyes scanning the crowd for threats, and his blade ready to fly.

Gaekub
2012-08-30, 09:09 PM
The doctor's bag is abruptly clutched under one arm, and he turns to grab the psychic by the arm. "Can ve go NOW!?" he shouts, exasperated.

Major
2012-08-30, 09:10 PM
Kelaeon growls wanting to assist Bruno, the League, and cut down these traitors. However, he was vastly outnumbered and dying in the middle of a city due to sheer uncontrollable chaos would only prevent him from getting his vengeance on the Rebellion. Reluctantly he moved towards the Elite Four member and grabbed his arm.

MintyNinja
2012-08-30, 09:12 PM
"Void take us all," Donny whispers as he reaches over and grips Sabrina's shoulder. "Let's get the muk out of here."

Dragonsage
2012-08-30, 09:23 PM
Tarja furrowed her brows as she place her arm around Lucian's. 'This city was once so beautiful, now it's become the heart of chaos...' Her expression sadden for a moment as she looked about the chaos but soon her eyes filled with rage. "I want answers as soon as we're safe."

Esprit15
2012-08-30, 09:47 PM
Understood. Hope to meet again. Bryan moves towards the Psychic, catching himself as he stumbles slightly from the different weight under the Telekinetic force. "Why does someone always do something stupid..."

Cormag81
2012-08-30, 11:16 PM
Ashley's first move is for her gun but then decides to take the psychic offer and takes his hand. with her other hand she tapes one of the pokeballs on her hip releasing what looks like a little green blob. "Prometheus use reflect between the nice man and the rest of the crazy foreigners."

Prometheus creates a three meter wide impassible wall (By which I mean they can't run though it) one meter behind Lucien.

Esprit15
2012-08-30, 11:32 PM
"Hey!" Letters to make this go through.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-30, 11:32 PM
Time for seperate threads!

Points of Authority (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13817466#post13817466)

Heralds of a New Dawn (will get made after Irn posts).

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-31, 06:18 AM
(hey, not my fault you all are in the wrong time zone :smalltongue:)

Ennis winks to Francis just before he teleports away. 'Grabbing on, boss lady.' Ennis grabs Sabrina.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-31, 09:14 AM
Heralds of a New Dawn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254385), GO!