PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Fortress Succession Game

Schylerwalker
2012-08-29, 12:56 AM
I have always loved Dwarf Fortress, as I have mentioned on another thread in this forum, and have recently come to actually learn how to play the game. I've gotten reasonably good at it, but the learning curve is still pretty vicious and I've had to recover from some pretty bad mistakes. I'm also still playing on a pretty basic level, just trying to survive without doing any fancy projects or industries.

With this in mind, I LOVE reading Succession Game logs, and I think I'm ready for a DF Succession Game, with all that wonderful roleplay and writing and crazy events happening. Anybody up for it?

JerichoPenumbra
2012-08-29, 09:33 AM
DOO EET.

But seriously, I think it could be pretty good log coming from you.
You always seem to be prolific in your writing.

Schylerwalker
2012-08-29, 10:01 AM
DOO EET.

But seriously, I think it could be pretty good log coming from you.
You always seem to be prolific in your writing.

Would you be willing to join in?

iyaerP
2012-08-29, 10:41 AM
You Have My Axe!

Gnoman
2012-08-29, 01:49 PM
I will join, though succession games on this forum tend to die out. As always, I suggest the SparkGear system. (You get the save for a certain amount of real time, and however much game time you can get in during that time is yours.)

Schylerwalker
2012-08-29, 02:51 PM
I will join, though succession games on this forum tend to die out. As always, I suggest the SparkGear system. (You get the save for a certain amount of real time, and however much game time you can get in during that time is yours.)

Seems fair enough. How much time would you suggest? A week?

And how many players do you think we should get? Probably not much more than 4-6.

Gnoman
2012-08-29, 03:47 PM
The SparkGear forts (named after the first in a series of twenty such games on the DF forums) used 24 hours, with the fort lasting roughly a month. This was not initially by agreement, but by that point invinicibility and FPS death set in by that time, so it evolved to be deliberate. Usually, players got 2-6 years done on their turns. A week is probably too long for that sort of system, but a two or three day window would probably work.

Triaxx
2012-08-29, 03:53 PM
Triaxx shall point and click! Upon the head of his foes! With an axe! Or possibly two.

JerichoPenumbra
2012-08-29, 05:06 PM
Would you be willing to join in?

Sure but I'm still new to everything in DF. I'm trying to learn through the help you got in your thread, but school has to come first for me, so it's taking me awhile.

TaRix
2012-08-30, 03:16 PM
I'd like to try one, but I don't know the first thing about making the write-up, uploading/downloading saves, or effective military training.