PDA

View Full Version : The Last Paladin IC - Part II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Maquise
2012-08-29, 02:58 PM
The troglodyte stands firm, and one of the lizards bites you. You feel poison in the wound, but resist it. Grembler hexes the trog, weakening its defenses.

Take 4 damage.

"The chanting is coming from the east. The ritual is nearly finished!" exclaims Lyanna.

Frosty
2012-08-29, 08:12 PM
Karrin Ye (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=353698)
HP: 54/72 AC: 19 + 4 vs caster trog Saves: 12F / 8R / 8W
Conditions: LoH 2/7, Smite Evil vs caster trog, Fatigued

Trombe (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=364085)
HP: 55/55 AC: 17 Saves: 11F / 10R / 6W
Conditions: I promise I'll level him up before we get back out to the surface :smallredface:
Shrugging off the lizard's poison, Karrin continues to attack to clear the way east. assuming she kills one, she 5-ft steps towards the archway.

Power Attack: Off
Full-Attack her enemies with greatsword
Attack1 (-1 Str,): [roll0]
Damage1 (-1 Str): [roll1]
Attack2 (-1 Str,): [roll2]
Damage2 (-1 Str): [roll3]

Maquise
2012-08-29, 08:31 PM
You cut down the troglodyte and sink deep into the flesh of one of the lizards. Its back is meaty though, and it survives the blow, though their bites are not strong enough to pierce your armor. Grembler hexes one, and Berich throws his hammer. It bounce off the lizard and returns to his hand.

Otherworldly noises begin to rise above the chanting.

Frosty
2012-08-29, 09:44 PM
with a clear path, Karrin cares not about any incidental bites she'll take. She rushes forward to see if there's anything she can do to stop the ritual...

Maquise
2012-08-29, 10:20 PM
You arrive to find yourself in a long, wide chamber, fashioned like a primitive hall, or as you look closer, some form of temple. A handful of troglodytes and lizards stand guard at your end.

At the other end, you see the fiendish ritual reaching its completion. Troglodytes stand in a circle, facing inward and either flailing in some form of supplication or writhing in pain, you cannot tell. At the center of the circle, you view the dark magic user from before. Though you can still recognize it, its form has changed. Instead of a humanoid but still distinctly serpentine form, it now has the body of an alluring human woman, though covered in scales of various shades of green. In addition to its tail, a pair of leathery wings sprout from its back. It hovers several feet above the air, twitching in either pain or ecstasy. Beneath its feet, a disc of foul light is rapidly widening.

The ritual is nearly complete; you have seconds to act.

Frosty
2012-08-30, 09:38 PM
Karrin almost despairs. She is too tired to charge forward with a mighty hit, but perhaps ther eis still a final portion of the ritual that would allow her to get a sneaky hit in to disrupt it or delay it. Steeling herself, she weaves through the enemy guards, again willing to chance the hits in order to get next to the transforming troglodyte. "Thrones, please lend me strength in this ungodly hour..."

Double move to 30N. Smite Evil is still in effect vs the trog. Pray for an attack of opportunity.

Maquise
2012-08-30, 11:26 PM
As you run, the magic that weakened you wears off, allowing you to avoid the enemy's blows. This is a small blessing in the face of what happens next.

With an ear-piercing shriek, the troglodytes surrounding you burst, their rent flesh rapidly reforming as from beneath the central figure, which you are beginning to doubt is indeed a troglodyte, pale fleshy tentacles reach up and fuse with its lower body. The other ends branch out, connecting with the sacrificed trogs to form a living cage around the central figure. The tentacles now start at the hovering figure's lower body, go down to the ground before spreading out radially, rising up where the trogs previously were and wriggling in the air.

So, you made it to my sanctuary? a voice, sibilant yet sultry, whispers in your mind. Let me ease your burdens.

One of the tentacles whips out and snags your sword, wrenching it from your grasp. Another wraps around your waist.

You are Grappled.

Frosty
2012-08-31, 05:36 PM
Karrin tries to think if she has ever heard of any fiend that resembles this new monstrosity in front of her.

Knowledge: The Planes [roll0]

Maquise
2012-08-31, 06:10 PM
The appearance of the basic creature resembles a succubus, though one who has assumed a reptilian appearance. You have no idea, though, how it managed to empower itself in this manner.

Frosty
2012-08-31, 07:13 PM
HP: 54/72 AC: 20 + 4 vs caster trog Saves: 12F / 8R / 8W
Conditions: LoH 2/7, Smite Evil vs caster trog

Conditions: I promise I'll level him up before we get back out to the surface :smallredface:
ooc - Can you describe the living cage some more? I can't quite picture it. Is it a literal cage where the others can't get in and help unless they defeat the tentacles?
"MY burdens...I'd worry about yours instead. And in your case, your burden are these rolls of fat and being 200 pounds overweight!" The paladin is defiant and attempts to get the enemy off-kilter with insults while trying to escape the grapple.

Grapple CMD (+4 smite evil): [roll0]

Maquise
2012-08-31, 07:36 PM
(I was being a little over-poetic. Everywhere you see a "te" there is a tentacle with 15-foot reach.)

Your efforts to break free fail, although you are successful in keeping the rubbery appendage from further wrapping around you. The succubus places a clawed hand over her sternum, mocking offense. Oh! How you wound me. I went through all of this trouble just for you. She looks at the trogs who remain in the northern side of the room. They watch furtively. These beasts, though strong, lack the capacity to truly appreciate how exquisite I am.

You hear combat noises from the passage you came. Ahh, those must be your companions. I can't say I'm fond of your tastes for the most part, but the blonde one is nearly as fetching as you. She'll have to join us.

Frosty
2012-08-31, 07:58 PM
HP: 54/72 AC: 20 + 4 vs caster trog Saves: 12F / 8R / 8W
Conditions: LoH 2/7, Smite Evil vs caster trog

ooc - The blonde one is Lyanna? Or Mira? also, where is the sword?
"While she may swing that way, I'm not sure she's into tentacles. Besides, what's exquisite about you? Everything's so scaly...you forgot to use moisturizer?" She continues to try to break out.

Grapple CMD (+4 smite evil): [roll0]

Maquise
2012-08-31, 08:36 PM
(Lyanna is blonde)

You notice that the tentacles have dropped your sword in O27. Before you can act, you are once again wrapped in the boneless appendages.

Ahh, ahh, no getting away. We're just getting started. As for my appearance, she runs her hands suggestively over her body, there's something so primal to be felt in hard, smooth scales over flesh. You'll learn to appreciate it soon enough.

Berich storms into the room, striking one of the trogs with his hammer. Ugly old thing, I'll have to deal with him. Drawing the scepter from it sheath on her loincloth, the succubus blasts Berich with a ray of necrotic energy. He stumbles, weakened.

Frosty
2012-08-31, 09:19 PM
Karrin keeps having to struggle. At least this will distract the troglodyte somewhat as she has to re-grapple the paladin. "Hey, he may be ugly, but he's MY ugly son of a bitch."

Grapple: [roll0]

Maquise
2012-08-31, 09:34 PM
Despite your squirming, the tentacles only grip you tighter, pinning your arms to your side. No more squirming, the succubus tuts. You are remarkably stubborn. I'll have to break you of that.

You are Pinned.

The lizards jump on Berich, biting him. You pray the poison doesn't weaken him further.
Berich takes 6 damage.

Frosty
2012-09-01, 12:22 AM
Knowing that she likely won't get out by struggling right now, she goes still for a bit. She knows in her mind a way to summon Trombe, and luckily for her it does not require any special words or even any gestures. She starts clearing her mind, and will approach this slowly, hoping that the demoness won't notice. "You...you've got me then. You and your tentacles. What will you do to me?"

Karrin attempts to us Summon Mount (Spell-like ability), but spread over 2 rounds to see if she can do it without catching to attention of the demon-troglodyte. Hopefully since Karrin has stopped struggling the tentacles won't need to thrash Karrina bout.

Maquise
2012-09-01, 09:03 AM
The demoness looks to your companions. The lizards latch on to Berich, bringing the old mercenary down. Lyanna leaps forward, striking both lizards and pulling Berich back. The lizards stop, seeming trained to not enter that chamber.

Good, now we are alone. One of the meaty tentacles begins to worm its way into your armor. Let me show you what I am going to do to you. Your breastplate slides off, falling to the floor with a clang. You are hoisted upwards, where she can get a good look at you. What a gift from the dark gods! she whispers into your mind as she examines your large bosom. Not only are you a paladin, but you have the most luscious flesh!

Frosty
2012-09-01, 12:24 PM
"Mmm...not fair...your busom is all covered up by scales while mine are all exposed. We can't have any fun if one of us is covered up right?" If somehow the scales are retractable, maybe Karrin can talk her way into getting some sort of small advantage. In the meantime, she continues to concentrate. She attempts to summon Trombe right on top of the trog's head, even if it'll take a while to get the exact positioning right.

Maquise
2012-09-01, 12:38 PM
Bluff Check failed.
The snake-headed demon leans in closer, a grotesque grin appearing on her face. Clever girl, she says, but don't worry. I can enjoy myself just fine without making myself vulnerable.

One of the tentacles firmly cups your breast. The demoness grabs the back of your head in a clawed hand and pulls you forward, forcing your mouth against hers. A long, forked tongue shoves its way into your mouth and down your throat. As she does so, her tentacles and claws force their way across your body. A scream barely forces its way over your gagging as you feel part of your life force wrenched away.

You suffer one negative level.

(Trombe hasn't been leveled yet. If I put him into play before he is, he doesn't get another level until this is resolved. Also, I'm rolling all rolls off-site now; it takes too long to make two posts to see how it resolves. If you want to see a skill check result, put the roll in your post.)

Frosty
2012-09-01, 12:42 PM
(I'll level him up later today. gotta go for like 6 hours)

Maquise
2012-09-01, 12:45 PM
(I'll wait for you.)

Frosty
2012-09-01, 09:06 PM
(Trombe is updated)

Screaming out in a plethora of sensations (most of it pain), Karrin doesn't wait. She finishes the summon, and hope it is aimed well enough for Trombe to fall upon the enemy.

Maquise
2012-09-01, 10:36 PM
You have a lovely voice, the demoness telepathizes as she slowly pulls her tongue out of your mouth. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of hearing you scream. In fact, I'll find a way to draw every shade of agony and ecstasy out of it. I am going to drain you until you gasp in the last dregs of your life force, then I shall rejuvenate you, and do it all over again!

She begins roughly fondling your body, the tentacles worming their way into your greaves. But before she can expose your lower body, a pair of silvery-white hooves appear seemingly from nowhere and strike her in the back of the head. She spins around hissing furiously, raking the side of your mount with her claws. Fortunately, they fail to compromise his armor, though it is clear that he can do little against her natural fiendish resistance.

Frosty
2012-09-01, 11:57 PM
"Trombe, help me escape!" Karrin struggles again, trying to not be pinned, and hoping that Trombe can Aid her.

Grapple CMD: 1d20+12

Frosty
2012-09-01, 11:58 PM
Try again. Grapple (+4 Smite, +2 possible Aid Another) [roll0]

Maquise
2012-09-02, 08:22 AM
Trombe makes an effort to get to you, only just succeeding in worming his way over to you. As he does so, several of the tentacles lash out on him like mighty scourges.

Trombe takes 6 damage.

With great effort, you manage to get one, then your other arm free of the constrictions. Your victory is short lived; the tentacles once again re-exert their strength, pinning you again despite Trombe's aid. You will have to find some way to nullify their threat.

An explosion of fiery oil erupts at the far side of the room. The singed lizards, their fear of the abyssal activity overcome, run to the far side of the room. The troglodytes take up defensive positions within the protective range of the tentacles.

It appears we will have to speed this up. The tentacles in your greaves bulge with exertion, pulling them off and tearing off your silk. You are now completely bare from your shoulders (your arms are still covered) to below your knees.

Frosty
2012-09-02, 02:26 PM
HP: 49/67 AC: 20 + 4 vs caster trog Saves: 11F / 7R / 7W
Conditions: LoH 2/7, Smite Evil vs caster trog, Negative Level 1

HP: 60/66 AC: 19 Saves: 12F / 11R / 7W
Conditions: Trombe now has Devotion, so has +4 save vs Enchantment
"Damnit. Trombe, bite and kick these tentacles!" Completely pinned herself, she knows if she doesn't do something to the tentacles, she can't free herself either. Even though it is distateful, she also starts trying to bite at tentacles in order to free herself. Thanks to Smite Evil, her bite completely bypasses DR!

If if it clear that Trombe cannot even scratch the tentacles themselves, then Karrin wil then have Trombe Aid Karrin in grappling so she can do the biting.

Attempting to use the "damage" option instead of the "escape" option to deal Unarmed damage, flavoring it as a bite.
Grapple CMD (+4 smite evil, -1 Level): [roll0]
Damage (+6 Smite Evil): [roll1]

Maquise
2012-09-02, 02:47 PM
(Note: you've been reduced to 12 AC due to armor loss)

Trombe kicks and bites at the tentacles, leaving a partial gouge. You then bite into this weakness, producing white sparks of energy. The tentacle is completely severed, and you fall to the ground with a wet smack. In anger, the succubus leaves a shallow bloody furrow on Trombe's flank.

Trombe takes 2 damage.

One of the tentacles swiftly grabs one of the troglodytes. It barely gets a chance to scream before it is violently shoved onto the stump of the severed tentacle. Its flesh is pulled from its bones and used to form a new replacement. The others try to flee, but are quickly snatched and held.

Frosty
2012-09-02, 02:58 PM
HP: 49/67 AC: 12 + 4 vs caster trog Saves: 11F / 7R / 7W

"Goob job Trombe keep it up. Attack this one!" Quickly stepping up next to a tentacle that is holding one of the troglodytes, she quickly punches forward to try to kill the tentacle and free the troglodyte. "RUN away, Troglodyte, RUN for your lives!"

5-ft step to 29M
Attack the tentacle @ 28M with Spiked Gauntlet
Attack (+4 smite evil, -1 Level): [roll0]
Damage (+6 Smite Evil): [roll1]

Maquise
2012-09-02, 03:09 PM
You punch the base of the tentacle, causing it to explode with a silvery-white burst of light. The troglodyte drops to the ground, but before it can get to its feet, it is snatched up and sacrificed.

The tentacles at K30 and O28 both lash out to try and grab you, but you duck beneath them, your body bouncing with the sudden movement.

"DIE!" the demon hisses, this time audibly, as she slashes at Trombe. She misses, however, muttering in some foul language.

You see your allies at last rush into the room. "Karrin, how can we help?" shouts Lyanna, brandishing her staff.

Frosty
2012-09-02, 03:45 PM

"Grembler, stay FAR away friom the tentacles and keep the demon cursed at all times! Rest of you, attack the tentacles. Trombe, aid me in attacking this tentacle" She shifts again quickly, this time going closer to her sword, but not quite managing to get to it just yet. Then, she gives a good one-two punch to the tentacle!

5-ft step to 28-N
Full-Attack the tentacle @ 28-M with Spiked Gauntlet
Attack1 (+4 smite evil, +2 Aid Another, -1 Level): [roll0]
Damage1 (+6 Smite Evil): [roll1]
Attack2 (+4 smite evil, +2 Aid Another, -1 Level): [roll2]
Damage2 (+6 Smite Evil): [roll3]

Maquise
2012-09-02, 10:14 PM
You sever another tentacle, but it is quickly regrown with the last troglodyte in the room. The monitor lizards are seized in a last ditch effort. The demon slashes Trombe with her claws; the horse whinnies in pain.

Trombe takes 6 damage.

Your allies, save Grembler, charge forward. Grembler casts a hex, but he is not powerful enough to curse the demon. Berich misses, and is struck by the tentacle. Lyanna lands blows upon the tentacle, but her staff is ineffective against it. In retaliation, it wraps around her.

Frosty
2012-09-03, 02:46 AM

HP: 54/66 AC: 19 Saves: 12F / 11R / 7W
"Grembler, Keep trying until it works! Berich, hack at the one holding Lyanna!" Shifting to where her sword is, Karrin quickly picks it up and then performs a powerful slice at the tentacle in front of her. Trombe keeps on helping.

5-ft step to 27-O
Move action: Pick up sword
Attack the tentacle @ 28-O with Sword
Attack1 (+4 smite evil, +2 Aid Another, -1 Level): [roll0]
Damage1 (+6 Smite Evil): [roll1]

Maquise
2012-09-03, 08:55 AM
With a great swing, you sever the tentacle before you. While the lizard is being sacrificed, the tentacle at 30O lashes out and grabs you. You involuntarily cry out as it invades a sensitive area below your waist.

You are Grappled and Sickened.

Trombe, upon seeing you in such a predicament, moves to try and extract you. The succubus leaves a nasty gash on his belly. Unfortunately, the demonic resistance in the tentacles means he only does superficial damage.

Trombe takes 7 damage.

Berich lands a blow with his warhammer, but cannot damage it either. It thoroughly envelopes Lyanna, pinning her.

Oh, this is such a wonderful development!

Frosty
2012-09-03, 12:29 PM

HP: 47/66 AC: 19 Saves: 12F / 11R / 7W
(Is Karrin currently hoisted into the air thanks to the tentacle inside one of her holes?)
The paladin taunts the enemy some more, hoping that it'll distract the enemy from hurting her allies for a little while. "*ooomph* You're TERRIBLE at this, you know that? That bumbling village boy I was with for a short while noticed that I have two holes. Even that idiot quickly realized a good way to pleasure is to quickly alternate, one in, one out, instead of just shoving it into one and hope for the best. And he didn't have the benefit of having tentacles. All he had was some wood and a decent carving hand!" Frankly Karrin thinks the pain at least sharpens her focus a bit and prays that things don't get more distracting as she attempts to punch the tentacle invading her.

Move action: Try to taunt the succubus
Grapple check to damage with unarmed
Attack (+4 smite evil, -2 Sickened, -1 Level): [roll0]
Damage1 (+6 Smite Evil, -2 Sickened): [roll1]

Maquise
2012-09-03, 12:46 PM
(Yes, she is. I'll roll the crit for you)

Confirm: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (forgot the extra +4, that should be 11)
The tentacle snaps, causing you to drop to the ground. You land on your feet, and with a grunt, pull the offending appendage out of you.

If you'd just hold still, I'll show you the definition of pleasure. If you're good, I'll even make use of both holes.

Trombe moves to shield you from additional tentacle attacks. His help isn't sufficient, as you find yourself once again ensnared. This time, the tentacle buries itself deep inside of you, and begins to squirm and churn. The sensation of having your intestines forcibly reordered forces your last meal up your throat.

You are Grappled and Nauseated.

With a bright flash, a Celestial eagle appears above the succubus. It swoops down and pecks and scratches at the tentacle holding Lyanna, before the succubus slashes it out of the sky. Despite this and the blow Berich delivers, the tentacle clings tight to Lyanna, ripping her armor and shirt off.

(You succeeded in taunting the succubus. I'm not sure it did what you wanted it to, though)

Frosty
2012-09-03, 01:14 PM
Conditions: LoH 2/7, Smite Evil vs caster trog, Negative Level 1, Sickened, Nauseated

(Was hoping to distract the succubus enough for Lyanna to not be assaulted for a while)
Karrin spends a few seconds coughing uncontrollably as her stomach churns from the violation. "Hey! There IS such a thing as going in too deep!" Unable to do much of anything at all, the paladin spends the time taking deep breathes, trying to calm herself and her stomach.

Move action: Be useless while meditating.

Maquise
2012-09-03, 01:24 PM
(While they are all directed, each tentacle can "think" and act autonomously)

I was just trying to teach you a lesson. The tentacle partially withdraws, beginning to rhythmically push and pull.

Fort. Vs. more nauseation (DC 24): [roll0]
You are still nauseated.

Berich throws himself on top of Lyanna and the tentacle. The weight of the old, armored man is enough to hold Lyanna down, keeping her from the succubus' life-draining kiss. The succubus hisses in anger, but before she can act, Trombe bucks her. It doesn't do any damage, but it does succeed in keeping her busy.

Frosty
2012-09-03, 02:12 PM
Conditions: LoH 2/7, Smite Evil vs caster trog, Negative Level 1, Sickened, Nauseated

(I don't really know of any way to hit ALL the tentacles at once...unless Berich can do something that will get past the energy resistance of the tentacles? And even then I'm not seeing any area effects. Btw, can we flavor the new on-going nausea as Karrin unable to act because of her being weakened by pleasure?)

Karrin, despite the horrendous situation, cannot help but be affected by the succubus's now slightly-more-gentle thrusting. Blushing deeply in shame, she still none-the-less tries to find a way out of this mess, although the hardness of her nipples indicates very clearly to the succubus that this method of subduing the paladin is making progress.

There must be a way to make it harder for tentacles to grab on. "H...hey...before you enter my backside, would...would you mind letting Berich coat me with some oil first? I'm sure it'll be more pleasurable for the both of us. Berich, do you mind? I'd *love* to be oiled up ALL over..." Karrin continues to do her best to clear her mind, afraid that if the succubus actually assaults all of her sensitive spots, she would be pushed over the top.

Move action: Be useless while meditating.

Maquise
2012-09-03, 02:38 PM
(Review my description of the monster)

Berich looks up incredulous, then realization sets in as he thinks he gleans insight into your plan.

So you've finally decided to abandon your fruitless struggle. Go ahead, I won't stop you.

Berich is yet unwilling to leave Lyanna at the mercy of the tentacles, or risk losing the spell by casting in the fray. Aided by him, Lyanna manages to extract herself from the writhing mass. With Trombe's help, the three of them get to a safe distance.

Your body shudders from the continued stimulation of the tentacle inside you.
Fort Save (DC 24): [roll0]
Spasms of combined pain and pleasures wrack you, preventing you from moving further.

Frosty
2012-09-03, 02:52 PM

Karrin looks around. There HAS to be some way to fight the demon more effectively. Her eyes fall to the lower-portion of the demon's body. Well, all the tentacles DO connect there. Now if only she can get there...

"Berich, it's up to you now..." prays the paladin silently as she endures more pounding and thrusting.

Move action: Can't no nuthin'

Maquise
2012-09-03, 03:22 PM
Berich, now that Lyanna is in the clear, casts the spell on you, covering you in grease. Now feeling far more slick, you think that if you could clear your head, you could easily free yourself.

Another tentacle buries itself into your back end. You let out a loud groan as you take it in fully, feeling it fill you. The two invading appendages begin to alternate their thrusts. You begin to acclimate to the sensations, but feel your body building to a climax.

WARNING: three failed saves will now result in loss of consciousness.

Fort (DC 22):[roll0]
You are only Sickened.

Frosty
2012-09-03, 04:41 PM
Conditions: LoH 2/7, Smite Evil vs caster trog, Negative Level 1, Sickened

"FECK this feels good...but I'm sorry honey, it's only fair that I now get to play with YOUR lower bits!"

Karrin attempts to un-impale herself from the tentacles, and if successful, rushes over to the succubus herself while laying hands upon her abused holes!

Standard acton: Grapple escape
CMB (+4 Smite Evil, -1 Level, -2 Sickened, +10 Grease):
Swift action: Lay on Hand on self to remove Sickness
Healing: [roll]3d6
Move Action: Move to 29-M

Frosty
2012-09-03, 04:45 PM
Swift action: Lay on Hand on self to remove Sickness
Healing: [roll0]

Maquise
2012-09-03, 04:55 PM
It pleases me that, wait, what?

You slide out from the tight grasp of the tentacles, and manage to vacate your cavities of demonic infestation. You cannot help but feel a sense of relief at pulling the appendage out of your back end in particular. Taking care to then apply holy restoration to your desecrated orifices, you stand before the succubus.

The tentacles lash out again, but are completely unable to make purchase. Though they wrap around you, they cannot get a grasp.

You little holy b*tch! You tricked me!

Frosty
2012-09-03, 05:33 PM
HP: 55/67 AC: 12 + 4 vs caster trog Saves: 11F / 7R / 7W
Conditions: LoH 1/7, Smite Evil vs caster trog, Negative Level 1, Sickened

"Holy She-eet! This one finally GETS it! I never KNEW demons could be so dumb!"

The paladin finds a particularly large mass of tentacles, and takes some swipes. "Oh lookie here...THIS bit looks sensitive!"

Full-attack the lower-body tentacle mass, hoping to sever
Attack1 (+4 Smite Evil, -1 Level): [roll0]
Dam1 (+6 Smite Evil): [roll1]
Attack2 (+4 Smite Evil, -1 Level): [roll2]
Dam2 (+6 Smite Evil): [roll3]

Maquise
2012-09-03, 05:43 PM
You cleave massive chunks of flesh out of the base, causing the tentacles to writhe in pain.

You stupid paladin! You admitted I made you feel good, but gave up my embrace to fight me? I hate to ruin your beautiful flesh, but now I am furious!

She rakes your exposed chest with her claws.

Take 8 damage.

Frosty
2012-09-03, 06:10 PM
HP: 47/67 AC: 12 + 4 vs caster trog Saves: 11F / 7R / 7W
Conditions: LoH 1/7, Smite Evil vs caster trog, Negative Level 1, Sickened

"Sorry ugly, but I prefer my pleasures to involve less damnation and evil."

Karrin keeps swinging and slicing!
Full-attack the lower-body tentacle mass
Attack1 (+4 Smite Evil, -1 Level): [roll0]
Dam1 (+6 Smite Evil): [roll1]
Attack2 (+4 Smite Evil, -1 Level): [roll2]
Dam2 (+6 Smite Evil): [roll3]

Maquise
2012-09-03, 06:49 PM
You sever the last connecting cords. As the tentacles fall limply to the ground, the succubus uses her wings to propel herself to the ceiling.

Well congratulations, you won. Not only did you ruin my Circle of Violation, but it seems that the troglodytes proved not even useful enough to answer my call for sacrifices. It doesn't matter. There's nothing left for me here, so I'm afraid our playtime is done. Keep that pleasure-tunnel of yours open, and if any of my kin try to lay their claws on you, tell them your body belongs to N'skarra. Until we meet again, and yes we will meet again.

With a mock blown kiss, N'skarra vanishes in a flash of green light. You find yourself alone now in a pile of dead tentacles, troglodyte skeletons, and the pieces of your armor.

Frosty
2012-09-03, 07:17 PM
Karrin breathes deeply, looking around to make sure that the disappearing act wasn't just a trick. Only when she is satisfied that they are truly alone does the paladin go over to her allies to check on their wounds. "Are any of you grievously wounded?" She especially makes sure to check the wounds of the half-or-nearly-naked Lyanna.

Maquise
2012-09-03, 08:09 PM
"I'm not too bad," Lyanna says. " the tentacles... didn't get inside me." She manages to cover herself with her damaged clothing enough to be presentable.

"Grembler good for now."

"Aside that I've been nearly killed more than I have for my entire life, and I am not a young man, then yes, I guess I'll manage."

"Berich, there is no need for that. Others here have suffered far more than you."

Frosty
2012-09-03, 08:35 PM
The paladin breathes a sigh of relief. "I'm just glad no one else suffered more than I did today. Well, except Mira...who has fought on so bravely all these days I'm sure. Please collect Davkas. We shall destroy and trash all traces of profane iconography and equipment in the rooms we've found." Karrin looks around. How badly are her silks and armor damage? Is ther eenough left to be presentable?

Maquise
2012-09-03, 08:42 PM
You begin to gather your armor. It is mostly intact; some of the leather straps have broken, but you keep replacements on hand. Your hosiery on the other hand is good and ruined now. As your heart rate drops, goosebumps cover you as you feel just how cold and dank this cave is.

"I have some extra clothes, if you need them," Lyanna says, rummaging through her sack. "You are a bit taller than me, but they should do for now."

As you put them on, Lyanna suddenly starts. "Hold on, Karrin! That monster siphoned off your life force. If we don't do something soon, you could be permanently weakened."

Frosty
2012-09-03, 08:46 PM
Karrin puts on the slightly-too-tight- clothing, forcing her chest to be squished. "Yeah...I think that my body has a *chance* to recover naturally, but some healing magic to restore my life force would be better indeed. I think we need to secure Davkas first though. Don't want him running off or anything."

Maquise
2012-09-03, 09:01 PM
(What?)

You take care in retrieving your unconscious ally. Fortunately he does not seem to be too terribly worse for the wear.

"Do you think he'll be free of the enchantment when he wakes up?" Lyanna asks.

"No way to be sure," Berich responds.

Frosty
2012-09-03, 09:17 PM
(When you get a negative level, then usually there is a saving throw to remove the negative level at the beginning of the day, with the same save DC as the ability that caused the negative level. In this case, is karrin allowed a save?)

"Better not wake him up for now. Alright, let's trash this place. Rub out all circles. Destroy all equipment!"

Maquise
2012-09-03, 09:29 PM
(Yes, after 24 hours, but you have a 50/50 chance. If you look at what N'skarra said, you can find a hint)

The four of you begin the arduous task of destroying everything in the room that bears profane iconography. It is quite tedious; the room was arrayed as a temple, and nearly everywhere you look there is something offensive.

While you are in the process of your purge, the door to the southeast swings open. In marches the biggest troglodyte you have seen thus far, carrying a club nearly the size of Lyanna.

"Svabolen di wux renthisj Vs'shtak?" It says in a deep, gutteral voice.

"Si tir, svabol yenta wux?" Lyanna responds.

They converse shortly, then Lyanna says, "This one wishes to speak with you. I'll translate:

You have defeated the Serpent-mother and are destroying its totems. I am the Great-mother, the one who lays the eggs that hatch to be strongest of our brood.

It was I who was tasked with the defense of our den, and leading our nurses in caring for the eggs. I was strongest, and could have any male I wanted. Then she came. She looked more fertile, then also used Power to befuddle the minds of our tribe. She convinced us that she was best mother, but never laid eggs. I later found out she was breeding us so that she could consume our flesh for her Power.

By the time you arrived, I realized it was too late. Those under her Power began to force us to her so that she could devour us. My sisters and I fought them, and there was only much death. Now only I remain, and the eggs will have no one to care for them. I cannot sustain them alone, so they will rot. I have failed utterly, and ask only that you end my life."

Frosty
2012-09-03, 09:34 PM
(Either she means she'll be back before 24 hours, or she means I've been marked somehow. Either way I want to get a Restoration, but I'm not sure where to get one. Perhaps the dragon?)

During the tedius destruction of profane items, Karrin asks, "So anyone know of a way to restore my essence? I don't suppose you know the magic for that, Lyanna?"

Karrin listens respectfully, but also takes the time to see if this troglodyte is evil before she responds.

Maquise
2012-09-03, 09:39 PM
Lyanna says, "I know that there are potions capable of it, but it is beyond my abilities."
Your scan reveals a faint aura of darkness. You know that at this level, such evil is not beyond redemption, or necessarily damning.

(Hint:
I don't think I'll ever grow tired of hearing you scream. In fact, I'll find a way to draw every shade of agony and ecstasy out of it. I am going to drain you until you gasp in the last dregs of your life force, then I shall rejuvenate you, and do it all over again!

Karrin knows that succubi don't have any inherent restorative abilities.

)

Frosty
2012-09-03, 09:48 PM
(So the succubus is also a cleric of some sort? There's divine magic around, but for the other team it looks like...)

"Are you set on your path? I am willing to instead escort you to another troglodyte communty if you so desire. There has been much needless death today, and I do not desire more. Or if you do not know of any other troglodyt community, perhaps you would like to take another path...a path that your duty should compel you to do. You were tasked with the defense of your den, and yes you have failed. But does that not mean your kin would wish for you to avenge their deaths? Do not let their suffering be for nothing. You can help me FIND this wretched demon and we can end her existence together."

Maquise
2012-09-03, 09:59 PM
(Or she uses item-based magic, such as she did with the wand)

"No troglodyte brood would accept a failure such as I. While I would like to avenge their deaths, it is not our place to walk amongst you in the sun anymore. I am one of the few who recalls that there was once a time when our people ruled above as you do now, in great caves above the surface carved of stone. But we were driven down, and became like wild animals. We are a degenerate people, not long for this world. Nor do we believe in an afterlife; our existence is coming to an end, and there is no one who I can justify myself in the eyes of."

Frosty
2012-09-03, 11:28 PM
(oh right. So maybe look for her hoard. She might have a lot of magic items stored away somewhere. Maybe a restoration scroll is in the loot)

"You know, as a rule, people suck. However, a person might be alright, and you don't sound like a degenerate or a wild animal to me. I could care less about what 'place' others might think you should or should not walk. Ask Grembler here if you want. Grembler, would you say that goblins are often looked down upon as a 'lesser race?' And would you say that has stopped you from helping and contributing and making yourself useful? How do I treat you?"

The paladin waits for Grembler to answer, and then continues, "Grembler made a difference today, and you, Great-mother, can make a difference too. The most important person you need to justify yourself to is...yourself. As long as YOU think there might a purpose to your life, you should continue living, and I think if more troglodytes are like you, maybe there is some hope for your kind yet. Perhaps take care of just a few eggs instead of all of them, and teach your young properly. I won't dictate to you what to do, as you have free will, but I do feel that accomplishing something constructive is the best way to make amends, afterlife or not. So, what will it be?"

Maquise
2012-09-04, 06:16 AM
Diplomacy: [roll0]

Apparently the effectiveness of your speech is lost in translation. The trog responds:

"I will not trade one enslaver for another. I have no reason to trust your words over those of Hers. And what eggs would I care for? How would I value one over another? No, it is better that all be allowed to perish, the young never suffering the cruelty of this world."

Frosty
2012-09-04, 06:35 AM
Perhaps there's a way to save the eggs at least. "Tell me, do you know of the dragon that lives in the nearby tunnels?"

Maquise
2012-09-04, 06:37 AM
"Old enemy of my brood, yes. Wants to destroy us and eat our eggs."

Frosty
2012-09-04, 06:46 AM
"Are you *sure* his desire for destroying you or driving you out is to eat your eggs? He has told us of a new menance within your ranks, even if he did not specify the demon, which is why we came here."

Maquise
2012-09-04, 06:51 AM
"I know my enemies, even ones that claim to be allies. It was a mistake to trust a foreigner from outside the brood. I will never do so again."

Frosty
2012-09-04, 07:02 AM
"Then why ask me to send you and your eggs on the final journey? Are you not worried that I, as an outsider, would somehow trick you or betray you?" Karrin looks more sad than anything at this point.

Maquise
2012-09-04, 07:14 AM
"If there is one thing that cannot be deceived, twisted, or have its nature changed, it is death. Death is the one unyielding fact."

Frosty
2012-09-04, 07:24 AM
Karrin grits her teeth. "You've got that right. No more chances for the eggs. Fine, I will honor your request and end you. Will you at least consider giving your eggs to another troglodyte tribe then? Let them try to raise the young if they have the capacity for the extra children?"

Maquise
2012-09-04, 07:26 AM
"You do not know us? Our ways are like those of savage animals. If we find eggs of another brood, we smash them so their young do not eat the food we could feed our young."

Frosty
2012-09-04, 07:33 AM
"Fine. One last plea, and know that if you say no, I will respect your wishes. Would you be willing to let me try to find other homes for your eggs instead? I would not give the eggs to those that would treat your children as slaves. Even if you cannot raise them, perhaps someone can teach your children non-savage ways of life. I know you do not trust outsiders, and I dont know what I might show as a token of good faith. But consider this. If I cared not about you and your children, why would I spend time talking with you here instead of killing you and then stealing the eggs?"

Maquise
2012-09-04, 07:37 AM
"I did not worry about such things because I know that my eggs require constant care from a troglodyte egg-layer (I think she means female) in order to hatch, and you cannot give that care. They will last for only a few hours without it."

Frosty
2012-09-04, 07:47 AM
"Then come. Show me to the eggs. I will smash the eggs and then end your life without pain and suffering. If I could ask you a favor in return. Did this demon intruder have a hoard or stock of magical items...items of power? I believe there may be something in there to aid me in healing th wounds I have in battle with the demon. If there is such a hoard, can you lead me to it first?"

Maquise
2012-09-04, 07:57 AM
The troglodyte exhales deeply, and you are not certain if that is a sigh. "I will show you these things."

She takes you up to a room. On one side of the room there is a large storage area, containing chests, cupboards and other such things. On the other side there is a metal cage containing a sleeping, naked human man.

"We kept things in this room. You can look here. I also think She kept things of Her own in her personal chambers, on the other side of the Hall of Power. If you don't find it here, you can look there."

Frosty
2012-09-04, 08:05 AM
(Does she mean the room containing 19-J?)

"Thank you. Now let us go to your eggs. Even though you do not believe int he afterlife, do yu have any wishes concerning burial?"

Maquise
2012-09-04, 08:12 AM
(19J is a secret room, only the succubus knew about. 23G is the room where she spent most of her time)

Your companions remain in the storage room while the troglodyte leads you to the egg chamber. It is well hidden.

"I ask now that you break the eggs, then take my head. I feel no further connection to this world. As for my body, do with it what you will. Most troglodytes consume the flesh of the dead, but I do not believe you would wish to."

Frosty
2012-09-04, 08:24 AM
(so 23G is the demon's private chambers?)

"Just one more thing. Anything I should know about the sleeping man in the other room?"

Maquise
2012-09-04, 08:28 AM
(Yes, it is. Also, Lyanna is with you. I forgot you needed a translator)
"He was captured by Her. She often liked to false-breed with him. I do not know where he came from. We were not allowed much with him, and he does not speak our tongue."

Frosty
2012-09-04, 11:57 AM
Karrin nods and says, "Stay back. I will handle this alone." Standing over the first egg, she raises her sword and closes her eyes, praying for a few final moments to the Three Thrones for indications that what she is about to do is very wrong.

Frosty
2012-09-04, 02:39 PM
(waiting for any sort of sign from her prayers. If nothing, I will post again, although I think Karrin will likely back off, unable to do it. She probably won't stop the troglodyte from killing the eggs herself though)

Maquise
2012-09-04, 03:08 PM
For a brief instant, you recall a memory, a lesson given to you by your mentor, the elf Liriam:

"It is true that not every deed committed can be easily judged black or white, good or evil. The Thrones look into the hearts of mortals, see their intents and thoughts, and weigh everything in balance when they make their judgements. And so should we. Do not be eager to deal out condemnation.

But also, perhaps more importantly, remember that while not everyone can be judged black and white, you must be white. We are meant to be an example, to shine brightly before the world. So don't choose paths that may tarnish you, in the eyes of mortals or the gods. We are called to be exceptional."

Frosty
2012-09-04, 04:42 PM
Remembering the lesson, Karrin gains some of the clarity she was looking for, and she lowers her sword. "I...I am sorry, Great-Mother. It appears that I value life too much to follow through on my promise. Call me a traitor. Call me a coward. It matters not, but I simply can't kill an innocent's in good conscience. Not yours, and not your potential children's. I will not stop you from destroying the eggs, but I cannot do it myself for it is against everything I hold dear." Karrin walks away from the eggs, goes to a wall, and steadies hersefl against it as she trembles, a few tears rolling down her cheeks.

Maquise
2012-09-04, 04:51 PM
The troglodyte responds after a few seconds.

"Then leave me. Time shall do what you cannot. Go, then, if you value life so much, and save those that deserve it."

She escorts the two of you from the egg chamber. Once you are gone, in a show of brute strength, she collapses the entrance passage to the chamber, trapping her inside with the eggs.

Frosty
2012-09-04, 05:17 PM
Karrin leads the others first back to the room where the troglodytes normally store their stuff. "Alright, let's go through and and see what we can salvage..."

As the group sifts through the stuff, Karrin asks, "I was doing the right thing...right? Would any of you have done differently?"

Maquise
2012-09-04, 06:05 PM
Lyanna says, "I think so. You gave her far more than anyone else would have."

Frosty
2012-09-04, 06:45 PM
(what does the party find the troglo store room? they'll head over to the demon's private chambers next)

"What about you Grembler? What did you think fo the situation? If you were in my shoes would you have been troubled by the choices?"

Maquise
2012-09-04, 07:00 PM
(Did you put your armor back on?)

Grembler ponders your question. "Used to be, Grembler always try to help himself, not care about others. Now Grembler not sure."

As you begin to rummage through the stores, Grembler moves to talk with you privately. "Grembler thanks you for taking me with you. If you hadn't, Grembler prolly end up like trogs here. Before, we goblins work for horny, like the trogs. Instead, Grembler with friends who help each other out. Talk to each other, give each other things. Like when Lyanna gave you cloth. Grembler thinks you should get new cloth. Elf-cloth too tight; squeezes your teats." He says the last part matter-of-factly.

You find:
One curved sword. It is inset with patterns that glow a fiery orange.
A tan set of traveler's clothes.
A shirt of mail.
A longbow and quiver of arrows.
A steel smallshield
Some potions

While you are searching through the supplies, the sleeping man stirs.

Frosty
2012-09-04, 08:07 PM
Karrin had not put her armor back on yet. She responds to Grembler, "But it'd still be better if you and I can convince whole goblin tribes to play nice yes? Right now maybe other goblins are dying because of hornies. If we find other goblin tribes and they play nice with tall folks, we work together against hornies, and maybe you will be less lonely as well. And you are right, elf-clothes ARE a bit small for me. Most elves aren't quite as well...endowed as I am, no offense, Lyanna." Karrin had just taken off Lyanna's clothes and returned them so she can check if the traveler's clothes fit her when the man stirs. "Are you alright mister? Do you need any food or water?"

Maquise
2012-09-04, 09:28 PM
The man slowly rises to his feet. He has a lean but athletic build, with a well-defined upper body. His skin is a much deeper bronze than most people you have seen, which combined with his exotic facial features gives you the impression that he is not from this area.

"If you do not serve the serpent, then yes, I will accept food and water. I would also ask if you have any garments." His voice seems to confirm your suspicions, being thickly accented. You notice as you examine the clothes you discovered that they were likely designed for an arid climate and cut for a man.

The caged man keeps his head bowed as he speaks. You get the impression it is more out of respect for your modesty than shame on his part.

Frosty
2012-09-04, 10:02 PM
The paladin nods and retrieves some trial rations and water. "Lyanna, find a way to unlock the cage if we don't find a key." Bringing the food and water to the man, she kneels and says, "You are in luck. We have destroyed the troglodytes and driven away the serpent-demon. Here, I think these might be your clothes. I am Paladin Ye. What is your name,a nd how did you come to be here?" Karrin also hands the man his clothes.

Maquise
2012-09-04, 10:21 PM
(I'm assuming you put Lyanna's shirt back on. If not, I can edit)

The man takes the food and water, quickly drinking first. Lyanna kneels down by the lock to try and open it, but it seems as though she is distracted.

"Thank you. My name is Kensin the Wanderer. I was trying to locate a settlement in which to lodge and trade when these lizard beastmen captured me. At first I thought they were some distant kin of the tribes near my home land, but then they brought me to the serpent-creature, the 'demon' as you called her. She held me as her personal slave, and I think she leeched life out of me. I feel weaker now than I did before."

With a click, Lyanna finally gets the lock undone. "There. Nothing to it. All it takes is a deft hand, er. That is, you have to be really good at sliding the pick into the... it's unlocked." She turns away, her face visibly reddened.

Frosty
2012-09-04, 10:35 PM
(Karrin has put on the shirt for now yes, although it is a bit uncomfortable and tight,a nd isn't big enought o really cover her buttocks.

"She leeched a bit of my life away as well. We will be searching the serpent's personal chambers next, hopefully finding some magic items to restore our life essence. Kensin, what are your plans after you leave these tunnels? We are planning on traveling to a place called Whiteveil to coordinate and aid in combatting the fiends."

As the cell is unlocked, Karrin gives Lyanna a thumbs up. "Good work, Lyanna. Say, do you have any other clothing? The one you gave me earlier made it a bit hard to breathe. The ones you're wearing right now is a bit more tattered, but that also means it's less restrictive."

Maquise
2012-09-04, 11:13 PM
Kensin turns away from you to put on his outfit. You cannot help but notice Lyanna discreetly snatching a look at his rear as he does so.

"I would appreciate any help you can offer me. I am in your debt for rescuing me, and will aid you in whatever capacity you see fit. Could you tell me of this land? I have no previous ties to it, and am very much a foreigner."

"You said your name was Kensin?" Berich asks. "That's a Qeshadi name, isn't it?"

"It is indeed." Kensin finishes dressing and leaves the cage. "Tell me, have you by any chance seen my equipment nearby? In particular, my sword, Desert Wind?"

Frosty
2012-09-04, 11:38 PM
Karrin is serious about switching outfits with Lyanna if she wishes to, giving Lyanna an excuse to show herself off to this new hunk. "Kensin, these lands are not most unsettled. There WAS an inn a ways away from here, but it was attacked by demons and we are going to go back and lead those people to Whiteveil for their safety after we are done with our quest here. If you want to help, there are plenty of demons and devils to slay. We are trying to makr the lands safer for everyone, and would welcome ever capable person." The paladin continues telling the man about the surrounding area.

Maquise
2012-09-05, 12:05 AM
You exchange clothes with Lyanna. She puts on the clothes in such a way as to show off her feminine features as she does so. Kensin allows himself to enjoy her act as he continues.

"When I roamed this land, I saw little in the way of settlements. Large armies of monstrous creatures roam the land; I used my wits to avoid them. It would be good if you could tell me the nature of these 'fiends' as you call them."

Frosty
2012-09-05, 12:46 AM
Lyanna's tattered clothes, barely modest on the slender elf thanks to all the damage done by the succubus, is completely immodest on Karrin. They are certain less restrictive, but that's because the top is tattered enough to expose fullly the lower halves of Karrin's heavy teats. The skirt is certainly tailored for a shorter indidivual as it only covers half of Karrin's buttocks if she stands still.

"There are two major divisions of fiends known as Devils and Demons. They both are from other planes of existance...the lower planes. Those are places of pure EVIL. The devils likely want to turn this world into a permanent outpost and extension of their home, the 9 layers of Baator. They are a lawful, but still evil bunch. The demons likely just want to sow as much pain and destruction as possible, as they are usually chaotic in nature. Either way, they are bad news, and we must drive them from these lands, and find a way to close the portals connection our worlds. Oh, is this your sword and armor?"

Karrin hands Kensin the shirt of mail and the curved blade.

Maquise
2012-09-05, 08:53 AM
"When we get time, I can lower the hems on one of my outfits. You should probably be presentable when we get to Whiteveil. Not to mention riding bare-bottomed will probably chafe," Lyanna says discreetly to you while Kensin puts his armor on.

"Thank you for returning my sword to me. Desert Wind belonged to my father. It is important to me that I keep it, though not for the obvious reason. Though what I wouldn't give for my shield," Kensin mutters. "Regardless, I will help you in this regard. My own people have long been the keepers of a nameless evil; while I cannot aid them, I can help restore your lands."

Frosty
2012-09-05, 01:49 PM
Karrin nods to Lyanna. "When we get back to the inn perhaps? Where we are safer? Right now we must press on. The skirt can wait until then."

When Kensin mentions the shield, Karrin remembers seeing a small round shield somewhere, and retrieves it from Gremler who was examining it. "This belongs to you as well? In fact, most of the things here seems to belong to you. You are likely also proficient with this longbow?"

As the group heads towards the succubus's room, Karrin inquires some more about Kensin. "If I may ask, if there is evil in your own lands as well, how come you would stay here and help with our evil instead of being home and driving out evil there?"

Maquise
2012-09-05, 03:12 PM
Kensin smiles as you hand him the shield. "That has saved my life many times. Thank you, my lady."

"This bow takes a strong arm to pull," Lyanna says as she hands him the longbow and arrows.

"I don't believe I caught your name," Kensin says as he accepts the weapons.

"Lyanna Rilynnaer, seeker of secrets and delver of dungeons. I've always had a fondness for traveling, seeing new things, and meeting interesting new people."

"We have much in common then. I find this land very interesting. There seems to be an abundance of fair maidens, if I might be so bold." As he looks away, Lyanna clenches her fist triumphantly.

"To answer your question, Lady Paladin, the evil in my land slumbers, and my people guard it to ensure it does not awaken. But I have already said too much. As to why I left, that was a matter of the family, you could say."

Frosty
2012-09-05, 04:18 PM
"I see. I will not pry further then unless the matter becomes relevant. Welcome to the team, Kensin."

The group starts searching the private room for items.

"This here is Grembler. He looks a bit stange, but his heart is in the right place. And this is Berich. He joined me more recently and ha been a valuable combatant. the unconscious fella we're lugging around is Davkas. He is a friend, but in the battle against the serpent magic clouded his mind so we knocked him out."

Karrin whispers to Lyanna jokingky, "See, he appreciates the look. Maybe you should start going around skirtless from now on, with a shirt that goes down to just past your buttocks."

Maquise
2012-09-05, 04:33 PM
You examine the room that you had only previously hurried through in combat in more detail. On the east side, in front of the secret passage you came in through, there is a large sleeping pit, lined with fine sand. Several male troglodyte bodies lie dead beside it. Kensin seems to shy away from this area.

There are also a variety of items in shelves carved into the stone walls. Many are alchemical ingredients, including :

Alchemical Grease
Black Fester
Incense
Spellscorch
Belladonna

You also locate 4 large vials of a clear, phosphorescent liquid. Lyanna examines them. "These potions should help you regain your strength, Karrin."

As you introduce Grembler, Kensin says, "Do not worry. The Qeshadi have made accords of peace and friendship with many strange creatures."

When you go to introduce Berich, he just grunts apathetically.

Frosty
2012-09-05, 05:28 PM
Karrin hands one vial to Kensin. "Here, drink this. That ought to restore us." Karrin drinks one herself, and gathers up all the materials. "I'm not even sure what to do with these materials. Any ideas Lyanna? Come on we need to go back to that one secret room with the ritual circle as well and search it and then destroy the circle."

Karrin leads everyone to the secret room and starts searching for items and profane things to destroy.

Maquise
2012-09-05, 05:33 PM
Negative Level removed.

The room's walls are lined with various items of magical significance. Red-tallow candles, crushed and whole gemstones, and several rods of carved wood.

Frosty
2012-09-05, 06:08 PM
"Any of these look useful?"

Karrin spends some time to look over the room and the items to check for evil auras.

Maquise
2012-09-05, 06:57 PM
The entire room seems to bear an evil aura.

"Usable? Maybe, but I'm not sure it would be wise to," Lyanna says.

Frosty
2012-09-05, 08:52 PM
"This entire room is tainted. I say we smudge the circles and then BURN this entire room."

Maquise
2012-09-05, 09:25 PM
"You can burn stone?" Kensin says with astonishment in his voice.

"Grembler use wierdings, maybe some of this grease we found earlier," the goblin says.

"Ahh, that would make sense," the wanderer responds.

You feel eerily drawn to the black crystal orb in the center of the room.

Frosty
2012-09-05, 10:33 PM
Karrin starts approaching black crystal orb. "Lyanna, what do you suppose this is? There's something about this orb..."

Maquise
2012-09-05, 10:45 PM
Lyanna cautiously approaches the crystal. Muttering a few words, she looks at it, her emerald eyes visibly aglow.

"It is some means of divination," she says. "I have seen elven devices that bear some similarity: perhaps seeing stones or maybe speaking stones."

Frosty
2012-09-05, 11:22 PM
An idea! "Wait, this can potentially be useful. The demon was likely communicating with someone on the other end. That other end has GOT to a target we should attack sometime. Is there any way for us to figure out where the other stone is if it is indeed used for communication?"

Maquise
2012-09-06, 10:04 AM
Lyanna shakes her head. "If it works through the same means its elven equivalents work, then it would take a skilled diviner to track it. Considering the fact that it was crafted by demons, that would make it even more difficult. Attempting to use it might reveal who is on the other side, but it could potentially be very dangerous."

"Wait now," Grembler says. "Can dey see us?"

"That is a very good possibility," Lyanna responds concerned.

Frosty
2012-09-06, 03:23 PM
Karrin frowns. "Alright. Suggestions? Smash it now? Or find a way to cleanse it and redeem it for our own use, if possible?"

Maquise
2012-09-06, 03:51 PM
"I can think of at least half a dozen ways keeping it could backfire horrendously," Lyanna remarks.

Frosty
2012-09-06, 04:08 PM
"Lyanna, you'll have to entertainment with those half dozen ways later...perhaps when you change my skirt length. Kensin, to be safe, let's destroy the orb from afar. We'll stay out of the room, and you fire arrows at the orb?"

Maquise
2012-09-06, 04:13 PM
You retreat to past the door into the other room. Kensin draws his bow and sends a shaft whistling into the crystal at high speeds. Unfortunately, the light arrow is ineffective at breaking the strong crystal, being made to pierce flesh.

Frosty
2012-09-06, 04:54 PM
"Berich, got some spells that can hurt the orb you think?"

Maquise
2012-09-06, 04:59 PM
"Aside from giving myself, or someone else, the strength of a bull to smash it with? I guess I could try to blast it with a wave of water. I doubt it would do much good, though."

Frosty
2012-09-06, 05:19 PM
"What about just picking it up and then THROWING it against the opposite wall really hard?"

Maquise
2012-09-06, 05:27 PM
"It could work. Go ahead and try it if you want to, I'll even cast the spell on you. I've had quite enough close calls for one day, thank you kindly."

(If you want to try, go ahead and make a Strength roll with the +4 from Bull's Strength)

Frosty
2012-09-06, 05:54 PM
Karrin first pokes the orb very lightly with her lance to see if there's any obvious corruption or corroding of the weapon.

Maquise
2012-09-06, 06:39 PM
The orb's surface briefly ripples a deep sanguine, as though it's surface were liquid. When you inspect your weapon, though, you see no sign of damage or corruption.

Frosty
2012-09-07, 10:45 AM
"Alright, cast the spell on me." Karrin waits for Berich, and also casts Protection from Evil on herself and then attempts to life the black orb.

strength roll: [roll0]

Maquise
2012-09-07, 10:54 AM
You heave with all of your might, but the orb refuses to budge.

"Might have to try the old-fashioned way," Berich says. "Give it a good old thunder stroke. (http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Mordhau)"

(Sorry, but I don't know an english word with the same meaning
Edit: found the english term that's closest equivalent, but still leaving the link.)

Frosty
2012-09-07, 04:57 PM
"Fine. Give me your hammer. I will smash it. Everyone else stay BACK."

Frosty
2012-09-07, 11:04 PM
Presumbeably, Berich hands her the hammer, and Karrin proceeds to Power Attack the orb.

Maquise
2012-09-07, 11:25 PM
You bring he hammer down on the smooth black crystal. It shatters with a loud crack. As it does, your vision flashes red. You momentarily lose contact with your senses, and the following words enter your mind:

...and N'skarra will then be ready for the next phase of our plan.

That leaves us with the issue of selecting our pawn. Gorgeroth would have been perfect, but he recently perished due to forces unknown. To put him further beyond our grasp, Malaghast bartered his soul from Ken Rho for his own machinations. Malaghast himself is too cunning to serve as a pawn; he may see our plan and attempt to subvert it for his own ends. Esphestus is too unpredictable, and Arazad too much a blunt instrument. That leaves Carrion and Raz'mirrin. Of the two, I think Raz'mirrin would be best...

...thus N'skarra shall go to Raz'mirrin, and authority shall be Raz'mirrin under N'skarra, N'skarra under Azaketh, Azaketh under Xi'phen'ix'nef, Xi'phen'ix'nef under Aruoudiodoth the Many-headed Serpent...

Your world returns to normal. "Karrin, are you alright?" Lyanna asks shaken. You touch your cheek, and find blood leaking from your eyes. It seems superficial though, and you are unharmed.

Frosty
2012-09-07, 11:49 PM
The paladin looks shaken as well as she drops to one knee for a moment, shaking her head to clear it. "UHHHHHGN...what the...my eyes..." After wiping some of the blood off and determining that she is fine for the time being, Karrin responds, "I think I got some of the recent stored communications zapped into my head when I broke it. I...I heard the names of many beings, presumeably demons, and I have a partial hierarchy of who N'skarra, the demon whom we just defeated, is under."

She relays the message to the others.

Maquise
2012-09-07, 11:59 PM
"It sounds like this N'skarra's next goal was to meet with this Raz'mirrin," Kensin says thoughtfully. "Do you have any familiarity with this name?"

Knowledge-religion:[roll0]

You recall that Raz'mirrin was the name of a Hospitallar paladin in Liriam's order.

Frosty
2012-09-08, 02:37 AM
Karrin frowns. "The name sounds familiar...sounds like a Paladin that I thought had disappeared or died. Perhaps (s)he has been ressurected as a demon or been corrupted by one. Either way this is an abomination that must be stopped."

Maquise
2012-09-08, 09:00 AM
Lyanna sighs. "Looks like there's one more evil for us to rid the land of. Here I was hoping the world would be content to let us fight the battles we have in front of us before giving us new ones."

"In my lands, we have a saying: The righteous have no rest," Kensin remarks.

"I thought it was the wicked that there is no rest for."

"It's only the dead that can rest," Berich interjects sullenly.

"Thank you for that cheerful observation," Lyanna retorts. "That aside, there does seem to be good news. The demons don't know about you, at least not well enough to know you killed Gorgeroth."

"They will soon enough," remarks Berich.

"You're just one big bloody ray of sunshine, aren't you Berich?" exclaims Lyanna.

"I almost died three times in the last twenty-four hours. I've had a rough day," Berich deadpans.

Frosty
2012-09-09, 02:43 AM
"Well, let's use the grease and burn the rest of this room down, then quicckly return to the dragona nd Mira. With th e troglodyte threat destroyed, the dragon should uphold his end of the bargain."

Maquise
2012-09-09, 07:46 AM
Leaving the room in flames, you begin to cautiously make your way back to the dragon's eyrie.

As you make your way back, Kensin asks, "What sort of dragon is this, and may I ask what sort of business we have with it?"

"I think Karrin can best explain that," says Lyanna.

You arrive at the lair without incident. Once more the elementals allow you to pass. You see Vorqanscvir preening his glass-like wings, all the while keeping a sharp eye on Mirabelle, who is pacing angrily in her stone cage.

"I assume our matter of agreement has been dealt with, yes?" the crystal dragon asks.

Frosty
2012-09-09, 12:31 PM
Karrin briefly exlains about how her companion has been possessed, and that this dragon has agreed to help drive out the fiend.

The paladin bows. "Yes, great dragon. We have destroyed and burnt everything. The troglodytes are no more, and we have even discovered the evil influence that caused them to come and attack you."

Maquise
2012-09-09, 01:04 PM
"Then it seems that all is fulfilled on your end." The dragon speaks a command to his metal box. With a loud mechanical whirr, a figure seemingly composed solely of numerical figures and mathematical expressions materializes above the cube.

It moves toward the stone cage. Mirabelle hisses and moves back as the front of the cage opens, allowing the axiomite to enter. Arms reach out of the cage's wall, restraining her. "It doesn't matter. By diverting you here, I've kept you from where you were needed. Now it is too late..."

The axiomite plunges its hand into Mirabelle's chest. She shrieks in pain. The axiomite pulls, ripping the insubstantial form of the babau from her body. She slumps to her knees.

The axiomite throws the demon in front of the dragon. He opens his mouth, and a powerful blast of sonic energy surges out and shatters the babau.

"Isn't it a good feeling when an agreement is successfully completed?"

Frosty
2012-09-09, 01:14 PM
"Thank you, great Dragon. We have more information about the fiends behind this incursion, but first let me tend to Mirabell." She runs over to her lover to check on Mira.

Maquise
2012-09-09, 01:46 PM
You drop to your knees beside Mira. She reaches up to grasp your offered hand, and you pull her up to eye level. Her eyes are bloodshot, and look more tired than you have ever seen.

"Was anyone hurt by... it?" She asks. After you indicate not, she nods, briefly looking down before resuming eye contact. "Then I will be fine. I felt only a ghost sensation of my body. It was like I was dreaming. I kept it out of my thoughts for the most part. The worst it did was show me nightmarish images."

"But it doesn't matter. No one was hurt." She tightly embraces you.

Frosty
2012-09-09, 02:56 PM
Karrin thought about what she had fight and do in order to rescue mira...and decides that Mira doesn't need to know about the tentacle succubus for now. "I was afraid I'd do permanent brain damage to you. I'd never forgive myself."

She embraces Mira for about a minute before letting her go. "We have much to do still. We have discovered more evils that needs to be cleansed, after we escort the people to Whiteveil."

Relaying the message of the black orb to the dragon, Karrin asks, "Do any of those names sound familiar? Do you know where we might go to find them and vanquish them for the good of the realms?"

Maquise
2012-09-09, 03:07 PM
Vorqanscvir shakes his head, scales shimmering in the light. "I am afraid that I've kept to myself for the most part. Nasty things up on the surface. I don't wish to have anything to do with them, so you could imagine how irritated I was when I found them trying to come to me. It sounds to me, though, that you may want leave quickly. I would invite you to stay, but if what the demon said is true, which admittedly is a fairly large 'if', you are probably needed someplace else at the nearest of future, though I have no idea where."

Frosty
2012-09-09, 05:58 PM
Karrin bows once again. "If you are in need of assistance, find me and I will be happy to aid you. Fare thee well for now." She starts leading the party out of the tunnels, the progress maybe a bit slow in some places thanks to Trombe needing to squeeze.

The paladin also introduces Mira to Kensin and vice versa.

Maquise
2012-09-09, 10:14 PM
Grembler leads you on the way out. You stay ever alert, but aside from a trivial encounter with a few rats, your journey is uneventful. It leaves you time to meditate on the events of the last few hours.

Kensin and Mirabelle seem to get along cordially. "I believe I should thank you for helping save me," Mirabelle says.

"There is little to thank," Kensin responds. "I was rescued as much as you were."

(In the future, could you try to give me more dialogue-wise? I don't feel I had much to go on this time."

Frosty
2012-09-10, 01:16 AM
(Sorry, was in a hurry)

"Mira, can you tell me a bit more about your experiences during this time? Is there anything you'd like to get off your chest to make you feel better? Or perhaps anything that might give us an insight on how to fight this kind of intrusion. For example Davkas here was knocked out because he was possibly enchanted, but I guess there's a small chance he is possessed as well. In fact we should wait here until he wakes up just in case he is possessed so that we can go back to the dragon for help."

Maquise
2012-09-10, 08:44 AM
"As I said, I felt closed off from my body. Everything I saw and heard, the demon did first, and probably altered what I experience. Eventually, I just ignored everything else and sort of closed up on myself. To be honest, I almost felt guilty about not trying to fight more. Now," she pauses for a moment, trying to find words. "I guess I just feel angry that I was... that it could beat me like that."

Frosty
2012-09-10, 11:14 AM
"It's not your fault. I mean, it's not like anything you actually did in your mind could actually break its control over you right?" Karrin continues to wait for Davkas to wake up.

Maquise
2012-09-10, 11:43 AM
Davkas wakes up, groggily. He seems to shake off the effect of the enchantment.

"I am returned! I have control," he says as he warily gets back to his feet.

"It is about time, weak-minded fool of a half-orc," Berich mutters under his breath. You are fairly certain no-one else heard.

Maquise
2012-09-10, 12:58 PM
(I almost forgot about this)

As you wait, Mirabelle gets a good look at you.

"What happened to your armor? And why are you wearing Lyanna's clothes? Granted, I don't mind it particularly, but that has to be a little... breezy."

Frosty
2012-09-10, 12:58 PM
Karrin punches Berich lightly and quietly before turning to Davkas. "Welcome back. What happened in there anyways? Was the serpent waiting for us to leave so that she can ambush you?"

Maquise
2012-09-10, 01:06 PM
Davkas shrugged. "She just materialized out of the ether, as a ghost would. Then she took meaningful form, and cast a powerful spell upon me."

Mira seems content to wait for the business at hand to conclude before pressing you for an answer. You can also feel her occasional gaze at your partially-uncovered rear.

Frosty
2012-09-10, 01:39 PM
"Well, sorry for leaving you alone. Next time we will leave at least one person with you as backup."

Karrin pauses a bit before answering Mira. "My armor is a bit dinged up during some fighting in the tunnels. Even my silks got damaged. The demon was very vicious. Afterwards, Lyanna lent me some of her clothes, and well...I am much taller than her so...well anyhow, when I have time I'll be hammering out the dents in my plate armor, and Lyanna will lengthen the skirt." She winks at Mira and jokes, "Unless you don't want her to of course."

Karrin knows her holes are very stretched. She hopes Mira doesn't notice and ask questions.

Maquise
2012-09-10, 01:58 PM
"Not leaving someone behind on their own? What tactical genius. I feel truly blessed to be fighting with such experienced professionals." Mira looks at you, shaking her head crossly.

"We best be preparing to leave this place," Kensin says, breaking the silence. "To where do you plan to go next?"

As you ready the horses, Mira and Lyanna come to discuss something with you.

"As I have to assume you noticed, Berich has become increasingly hostile since the caves," Lyanna says. "I think you should probably talk to him."

"Good idea," Mirabelle says. "The last thing I want is to fight beside someone who resents us."

Privately, she adds, "As for your clothes, I really don't think I like the idea of seeing lecherous brigands or whoever we encounter staring at parts of you they have no business with. Plus you have your whole 'Savior of the World' image to maintain."

Frosty
2012-09-10, 09:48 PM
Karrin nods to Mira. "Which is why Lyanna will be lengthening the dress. Although, I think YOU can also do the whole Savior image quite well yourself. You got the whole shiny shield thing down..."

As the group moves off, Karrin fills Kensin in about the Crossroads Inn and how they're going to lead the people there to Whiteveil, and then she moves off to speak to Berich privately. "Berich, is there a concern you'd like to voice to me in private? You are a valued member of the team, and I value your input."

Maquise
2012-09-10, 10:06 PM
"We have a saying in the mercenary business. It doesn't matter what the payment is if you don't live to spend it. Working for you is too dangerous. I filfilled our initial agreement, then went beyond it and helped you rescue Mira. We part ways at Whiteveil."

Frosty
2012-09-11, 01:04 AM
"I wish you all the luck then. Your assistance was appreciated, and I will give you glowing reviews to anyone that you may want to sign up with at Whiteveio. Until then, we'll still watch each other's backs." The group heads back to the inn.

Maquise
2012-09-11, 01:33 AM
Your group begins the trek back to the inn. As you ride, Lyanna and Kensin discuss their pasts.

"So, Kensin, if I may be so bold as to ask, why did you leave Qeshad?" Lyanna inquires.

Kensin, who is riding with Lyanna due to having no horse of his own, responds, "I suppose that it is best to say it now. When I was but an infant, my father commited a deed of great wickedness. I'll not say what, but it could not be forgiven by our tribe. He was exiled, and I was raised by the tribe.

But they never truly accepted me. When I was with them, they were welcoming enough, but I could sense their backward glances. They never really trusted me. In a community as tight as ours, that is an unbearable way to live. When I went went to the elders to request to leave to go on my own, they were sympathetic to my plight, and gave me their blessing. I took Desert Wind so I might redeem it."

"I think I left for a similar reason," Lyanna says. "Elves are a polite people, but there is always an almost invisible layer of... arrogance with them for lack of a better word. They felt sorry for me, that my mother was human."

You stop at a hidden glen to camp for the night.

Frosty
2012-09-11, 01:40 AM
Karrin gives the Lyanna and Kensin some privacy, and takes it upon herself to have the longest watch for the rotation. "Everyone has had a very hard day, so you all deserve rest. Mira, you are not taking a watch tonight. You WILL sleep, do you understand? The paladin won't take no for an answer, and takes first watch.

During the night, when it is time for Grembler to come relieve Karrin, Karrin asks the goblin, "Berich is going to go off on his own soon. What do you think of that? Have you ever thought of leaving?"

Maquise
2012-09-11, 02:10 AM
Grembler shakes his head as he looks out to the surroundings. "Where would Grembler go? You only friends I have. Now go get sleep. Had long day."

Following his advice, you retire to your tent with Mirabelle. Exhaust finally catches up with you as you curl up next to her, and you fall fast asleep.

You jump onto the bed, already removing your clothes. Mirabelle follows you, a warm smile on her face. You kiss passionately, feeling her strong arms wrap around you.

Almost imperceptibly, her embrace changes from comforting to constricting. You try to break free, but she pins you beneath her. Confused and worried, you look up at her.

A pair of slitted green eyes stare back at you, full of wickedness. "So, you like my new body, yes?" N'skarra's voice comes out of Mirabelle's mouth. "Now I will get inside of you, too." A pair of fleshy tentacles sprout from Mira's body, and you cry out as they begin thrusting themselves into your holes.

You shoot awake from the nightmare. Finding yourself still in Mira's arms, you momentarily panic, pushing her away. She wakes up, looking at you confused and worried.

"Karrin, what's wrong?"

Frosty
2012-09-11, 11:09 AM
Karrin is very troubled by the dream. After all, the demon had said that Karrin's body now belongs to N'skarra. Sure, demons spew all sorts of lies, but this is more disrturbing than most. Waking up sweating, she wraps her arms around herself, and takes a moment to compose herself. "I...the...the demon in the tunnel was particularly difficult to deal with. I shall be alright after I relax and get more rest. Sorry to wake you..."

Maquise
2012-09-11, 11:18 AM
Mirabelle looks at you critically. "Karrin, you don't have to hide it from me. What happened while I was gone? If I have to, I'll ask Lyanna." You can tell she is very worried.

Frosty
2012-09-11, 11:25 AM
A paladin should not lie...

Rubbing her head, Karrin responds, "I...I was violated by the serpent-succubus demon who sprouted tentacles. In my dream, she assumed your form, got close to me, and began violating me again. It was disturbing."

Maquise
2012-09-11, 11:39 AM
Mira doesn't say anything for a moment. She slowly wraps you in an embrace, gently kissing you.

"I... I can't believe that happened to you. If there is anything I can do, know that I will without a thought of hesitation. I wish I could..." She lets the thought drop. "What happened to this demon?"

Frosty
2012-09-11, 12:58 PM
"She got into my head, albeit in a different way than what happened to you. I don't know what you can do other than being here for me. She hugs Mira back.

"We drove it back, but it teleported or something before I could kill it. It said something about how she has claimed my body. Well I say let her come back and try to defend her claim. You'll have something to say about that. With a sharp sword. From behind."

Maquise
2012-09-11, 01:28 PM
"Don't worry, I'm here for you. I always will be," she says, holding you tightly. "And if she does come, I'm shoving my sword straight up a hole of her choosing. See how she likes it." As an afterthought, she adds, "You can have the other one."

The two of you lay together in the tent for a moment, simply taking comfort in each other's presence. Then, Mira says, "I've been thinking about what you said earlier, about me becoming a paladin. To be honest, I never really saw myself as being up for that kind of... uh... responsibility is the word I'm looking for, I guess. I don't think I could take everyone looking up to me like that."

Frosty
2012-09-11, 02:46 PM
Karrin smiles. "Don't worry about that. Not everyone looks up to me anyways. Just looks at exhibit A, Berich. He wants out. Also, while being a leader of men and women is terrific, it is not necessary as part of one's...paladin-ness. The entire world could be ignorant of your deeds, but if you are going around doing good, you have the potential to be a paladin."

Maquise
2012-09-11, 03:02 PM
"I'll remember that. It's... it's a lot to think about." She nestles her head up against your breasts. ''Don't worry about Berich though. He only ever fought for us for money; I don't want him at my back if he doesn't want to be. I have a good feeling about Kensin though. I think he'll be..." she drifts back to sleep.

You follow shortly after. You manage to go without any more nightmares for the rest of the evening, though you doubt that they are gone for good. After a sparse meal of trail rations, you pack up and depart for the inn.

When you finally arrive, it is to a grisly sight. What few survivors there were before have all been butchered, their bodies mutilated and strewn across the ruined fort. Davkas dismounts and begins to frantically examine the bodies.

"Trevor... Varius... Galdien... they're all gone. None of my friends of old yet live." The half-orc is quite distraught.

Mirabelle disembarks, striding into the camp. "We should get these bodies buried right away. They could attract carrion vermin, aside the respect they deserve. Then we should probably get ready for the long journey to Whiteveil." She looks up at the sky; a large thunderhead looms in from the east. "Storm's coming; won't be good to travel in anyway."

Frosty
2012-09-11, 03:12 PM
Karrin remains silent during the burial tasks. The party knows what would've been said anyways. Her looks of anger and frustration tells all.

After the burial detail is done, Karrin looks up at the sky. "Should we just take shelter here for the day can we make it to a place with better weather before the night?"

Maquise
2012-09-11, 03:17 PM
Mirabelle looks out over the plains. "We could ride for a while, we would risk being overtaken by the storm. It looks like a large one; could last for several days. Besides, the fort is still the safest place to stay for a good distance."

Frosty
2012-09-11, 03:47 PM
"This fortress is no safe haven...the deaths here have shown that. It may do as shelter against the storm."

KArin finds an appropriate time to go talk to Davkas privately. "Will you be alright? Anything you want to talk about?"

Maquise
2012-09-11, 04:19 PM
You find the half-orc in a desolate corner of the fort, strumming a melancholy tune upon his lyre.

"It is suitable, I think, that I am here to play a song of mourning for the dead. There is solace to be found in poetry in dark times such as this. I am blessed as few others are, that in my grief, I may bring beauty into this world."

He continues his haunting melody, before plucking the string in one last chord. He sighs deeply. "Woe to us that live to see such days. My friends and I had served Lady Dunthal for years. Have I told you the story of how I first came into her service? I think not.

'Twas many a year ago, back when the first fires of evil that would become a conflagration began to spread. I was wondering the Mistroad, the great path of mystery that all walk but few see. In my quest to find ever more enthralling stories to tell, I took greater and greater risks. I nearly died several times, and several more came away with equally interesting tales. But those are for another time.

It was, then, that I found myself walking up the very same path you were, carrying a heavy heart and the body of a young and quite fetching samurai from a land whose name I cannot for the life of me pronounce. I was trying to find a suitable place to bury her, and came across what I thought was simply an empty patch on the side of the road. It turned out to be a trap dug by a hungry bebilith. It had hoped to catch a demon for a meal, but decided I would suffice.

As I stepped onto the grassy surface of the pit, the ground gave way beneath my feet! I suddenly found myself face to face with the most vile, demonic visage I had seen to that point, though later in life even worse would come to haunt my dreams. Thinking quickly, I pulled my deceased lover's sword from its sheath, and charged forward with a mighty bellow! I brought the shining steel blade down, but the beast was agile, and scuttled to the side. It lashed out, powerful claws snapping with deafening clacks. I rolled to the side, leaping off the wall, and landed upon its blackened, ichor-slick carapace. I plunged the sword into one of its many eyes, but this only served to enrage it.

We battled on for many hours. I with sword, it with claw, fang and web. In the end, its endurance was greater than mine, and I, with no more breath, fell to my knees. It stood over me, mandibles clacking triumphantly. It knew it had one, and was savoring the moment, when without warning, a grey bolt erupted from its eye. I turned my gaze up to see a stout dwarf lady with a great crossbow raining deadly shafts down upon my assailant. Once she had succeeded in blinding all its eye, she pulled out an axe nearly as big as her and dove into the pit, bringing down her mighty weapon.

The bebilith's head was cloven completely in two. Standing there atop its corpse, she looks at me and says, 'Are ye daft? What are you doing climbing about in spider holes?' She then took me in as a bard to entertain her guests. And that is how I came into Lady Dunthal's service."

Frosty
2012-09-11, 04:51 PM
"That is a suitable eulogy for the lady dwarf. Here's to her bravery. If we ever travel by the place where you buried the samurai, we shall go pay our respects there as well."

Karrin in turn tells the story about how her mentor Liriam heroically savrificed herself to save an entire village and Karrin from a horde of devils. "The story of self-sacrifice and the hard-fight is a recurring theme."

Maquise
2012-09-11, 05:25 PM
"Nothing worth having ever comes easily. I shall tell Liriam's story for all of my days. Let the dead never be forgotten."

There is a loud crash of thunder. "It seems Mirabelle's prediction is correct. Dark weather for dark tales. I think I shall tell of Trevor now, for he was with Lady Dunthal longer than I. But first, let us join the others. The more it is heard, the better."

The two of you make your way to the main hall, where you first met Gaeba, Garm, Berich and Davkas. Mirabelle has a fire going, creating a comfortable warmth in the otherwise cold afternoon. You sit down at the table, with all of your party gathering around. Davkas first restates his story of meeting Gaeba, then begins the new one he promised you.

"It was shortly after Gaeba rescued me from the bebilith that I first met the man named Trevor, Lady Dunthal's personal guard and closest companion. He was deadly with the bow, and it was very fortunate that he was so, as I will now elaborate.

Stories of the fiends were spreading, and fear thickened over the land day after day. We received ever more guests who were refugees fleeing the indefensible smaller villages, thorps and hamlets, and heading for the safety of the walled cities. Then suddenly they stopped altogether. Lady Dunthal was always perceptive, and foresaw that this meant trouble.

One day, a line of some fiend or another came marching down the road. They must have been devils then, as I remember them marching, which is not how I would normally describe a horde of demons. So the devils came down the road, a pack of the most wretched-looking slaves being dragged behind them in chains.

Lady Dunthal could not abide this, but nor could she put the inn at risk. So while we concealed ourselves so the fort appeared deserted, Trevor camouflaged himself in the tall grass, and using silver-tipped arrows, picked the devils off one by one. Two were gone before they even realized what happened; four before they figured out where the arrows were coming from. Trevor was cunning, and constantly shifted his position.

Eventually, the devils lost their patience and set the entire field ablaze. It was then that Trevor appeared, dirk in each hand, and moved amongst the fiends, slashing and thrusting. Thus were they vanquished, for there were only a few remaining at that point. Lady Dunthal then took the slaves in, and fed them and clothed them before sending them on their way."

Frosty
2012-09-11, 07:33 PM
Karrin nods, approving of what she has heard. "Such bravery is always needed. Lady Dunthal and Trevor did right. It is unfortunate that there were likely the lack of resources necessary to train those people to defend themselves effectively before sending them off. Maybe form a militia."

Maquise
2012-09-11, 07:52 PM
Davkas nods his head. "Gaeba would always make sure to give everyone who came through some advice as to how to survive, but more than that is needed to achieve victory."

"Let us hope we all find what we need when we get to Whiteveil," Kensin says.

"I'll drink to that," responds Berich.

After a time spent sharing more stories, your companions depart to perform various tasks to prepare for the long journey ahead.

For several hours, you stand watch, gazing on the road from a shadowed doorway. Sheets of rain pour down on the landscape, and thunder crashes. Unbidden, memories make their way to the surface.

You pace back and forth, growing ever more nervous. You are staying at the city of Goldharbor, a port on the shore of the Southern Sea, in a large inn intended for wealthier merchants. Your father was here on business when it was heard that a massive army of monstrous creatures was roaming the landscape. The lord of the city sealed the gates, keeping everyone inside for their own safety.

Azila, a daughter of another member of your father’s caravan and a long time friend of yours, says to you reasurredly, “Don’t be so worried, I’m quite sure that whatever is going on has just been blown completely out of proportion by some drunk who saw a gang of kobolds on the trail. Hey, remember that winter in Dragonsroost?”

You smile, feeling a little better as you think of the time she is referring to. Your brief feeling of safety is broken by one of your father’s hired guards entering the room.

“Lasses,” he says, “There are reports of monsters inside de city walls. Your fathers want me te get you to de safety of de keep.”

“Where is my father? I won’t go anywhere unless I know where he is,” Azila says, stubbornly crossing her arms.

“Don’ gimme no lip,” the guard says, raising his voice. “Ah have me orders. De rest of your families will be there waiting for ye.” Begrudginly, Azila relents, and the two of you follow him out of your chambers and down the stairs.

The three of you make it to the common room when the doors burst inward. Standing there are three of the ugliest, most horrifying figures you have ever seen. Standing head and shoulders above you are a trio of muscle-bound goat-headed monsters, each one armed with an ugly-looking axe-weapon dripping in blood. They look at you, rage and hunger in their eyes. “Run, you fools!” your guard says as he pulls out his mace, standing between you and the monsters. The two of you turn and flee as fast as possible in your dresses.

You push open a door in the back, spilling out into the alley. You look at the streets, and see them coated in blood as yet more nightmares set fire to the city and butcher its inhabitants. The two of you make it down the street, heading for the keep, passing scene after bloody scene of carnage.

You hear a great rush of air behind you, and turn to see a bolt of fire burn straight through Azila’s torso, leaving a scorched hole a hand’s span in her chest. She stops, looks down at it, and topples face-down on the ground.

You duck into a nearby alley. Finding it a dead end, you pull one of the doors leading to the alley open, finding an empty warehouse inside. You quickly search for a place to hide, but run out of time.

In barges in three figures, two of which are more of the goat-headed monsters. The third can be heard behind behind them, growling and barking in the most vile-sounding language you’ve ever heard. The first two step aside, revealing a third monster. This one looks for the most part like a strong, handsome man, except for the large bat-wings, barbed tail and horns growing out of his head. He wears only a loincloth, and carries a curved sword.

“I told you, you can have her when I’m done, but I get her first.” This monster steps forward. You slowly and fearfully back away. “Younger than most I’ve had. But still very appealing.”

You let out a shriek as his clawed hand grabs the neckline of your bodice. Suddenly, there’s a bright silver flash and a swan-feather fletched arrow sprouts from his shoulder. He looks up, hissing, only to get another one between the eyes.

The two goat-head monsters bound forward, bellowing and brandishing their weapons. A pair of arrows sprout from one of their eyes, burning with silver flame. The second one swings its weapon in a wide arc. You only now get a glimpse of your savior; a feminine figure, wearing a white cloak with silver mail beneath, carrying a longbow and a long-hafted weapon tipped with a single-edged blade.

She tumbles to the side as the monster brings his axe around for a second strike. Temporarily discarding her bow, she whirls her glaive around, striking thrice in rapid succession. The first blow bats the axe aside, the second severs one of its horns, and the third cleaves the monsters head down the middle between the eyes.

You gasp, stumbling backwards, as the monsters’ hideous corpses rapidly dissolve into mounds of vermin and pus. Your savior turns to you. “Don’t be afraid,” she says, pulling back her hood. Beneath is a silver-haired elf with piercing violet eyes. Her catlike face, though marred with scars, is gentle and caring. She offers you a gauntleted hand. “My name is Liriam. I am here to save you.” You take it, letting her pull you to your feet. “Come on, we have to get out of her. It isn’t safe for you.”

Berich arrives at your post to relieve you. There are still a few hours of the day left, and you find yourself wandering the corridors restlessly. Eventually, you hear the ringing of a hammer on metal coming from an isolated wing of the fort.

Frosty
2012-09-11, 09:46 PM
Karrin shakes herself free of the memory. It is a mixed memory. the shining moment, but also much death. Can she be Liriam's successor? Does she deserve the title?

Hearing the sounds of metal being banged, she walks towards the sound to investigate.

Maquise
2012-09-11, 09:57 PM
The sounds lead you to a heavy wooden door in a forgotten wing of the fort. You open it to reveal a run-down smithy. The roof is leaking; water cascades lightly down in several places, forming puddles on the stone floor.

Mirabelle stands in front of the lit forge, working on repairing a piece of armor. The only thing she wears above the waist is a strip of cloth wrapped around her breasts, and her skin glistens with sweat.

"I had to learn how to keep my own equipment. Not easy, but definitely worth it." Wiping her brow, she looks up from her work at you. "Nothing more valuable than good protection."

Frosty
2012-09-11, 11:04 PM
"Yeah. I think my armor is...back in serviceable shape but they certainly can be better. Think you can work on mine for a while too? Since you're up I'm going to stay here and keep you company." asks Karrin, smiling.

Maquise
2012-09-11, 11:13 PM
Mirabelle nods. "I'll see what I can manage. Plate is not quite as tedious as scale or mail. Those must be repaired one piece at a time. And I appreciate the company." She continues to work on her armor for a time. You watch her exertions with rapt interest.

Frosty
2012-09-11, 11:46 PM
"So, feeling all better today then? At least I didn't have nightmares ;ast night, thank the heavens. After we get to Whiteveil, I will try to see if there are anyone there who have heard of the demons that were mentioned..."

Maquise
2012-09-12, 09:59 AM
"...and take the fight to them for once. That will be nice for a change. Too many good people have already died."

She continues working on her armor, threading metal scales onto the cuirass. "I'm doing well, though I'll never forget that event. I'm glad to hear you're doing okay."

Frosty
2012-09-12, 12:50 PM
"I'm as fine as I can be for a while I guess. So, what do you see yourself doing after all of this is over? I mean, driving out all the fiends might take decades, but surely we will accomplish it one day. And then we're free to do what we want."

Maquise
2012-09-12, 01:07 PM
"Truthfully? I have no idea. I never had any control over my own life prior to the orc raid; after that, I never spent a thought about what would happen after I defeated Gorgeroth. Before you showed up, I was pretty much resigned to living a short, painful and meaningless life. Depressing, I know, but all I thought about was how to live just a little longer."

"Now, though? If I had to say right at the moment, I'd probably want to come up with some way of ensuring that nothing like this ever happens again. Probably by finding others who think the same way, and training and gathering resources. Maybe even build a fortress to operate from. Need a good name, though. Something people would remember, like the Earthguard or Gatekeepers." She winces. "Ehh, someone else can name it. Of course, I'd be with you the entire time. I wouldn't make it very far without you."

Frosty
2012-09-12, 01:41 PM
Karrin smiles. "You don't dream of settling down to have a more relaxed, quieter life? Too boring after the exctement you've experienced? Me, I'd probably want to take a vacation for many months, and then try to work together on a way to bring together all the different races of the world. If allt he races do not fight each other, there is nothing they can't defeat together."

Maquise
2012-09-12, 02:11 PM
Mirabelle shrugs. "What can I say? I'm a woman of action. I don't think you'll be able to convince everyone to work together, but it wouldn't hurt to try to put an end to some of these pointless fights."

Having finished her armor, she begins work on yours. "Looks like she really did a number on you," she says angrily. "But no matter. So, we get to Whiteveil. Then what?"

Frosty
2012-09-12, 02:16 PM
"Two things. We ask around to see what information we can find about the demons we heard about and that former paladin. We also, see what local problems we can help out with. Building goodwill in Whiteveil may mean support for our own endeavors."

Karrin watches with interest at how proficient Mira is with the hammering. "Do you know anything about the place? anything you want to do there personally?"

Maquise
2012-09-12, 02:56 PM
"I've never been to a large city before, but I would imagine it would be heavily fortified by now. When I was a girl, I remember hearing about how the largest cities were built by the Pryvirian Empire, and had ancient magics protecting them."

Mirabelle continues to work on your armor, smoothing out the dents, replacing torn straps, and buffing out scratches. By the time she is finished, it practically gleams in the amber light of the forge.

Satisfied, Mira puts down her tools. Wiping the sweat from her face, she sits up on top one of the tables beneath a leaking section of the roof. Reclining, she lets the water rush down her face, shoulders and chest. Slowly, she reaches up and pulls off the cloth strap around her breasts.

Frosty
2012-09-12, 09:33 PM
Karrin walks over, grabbing a cloth to use as a towel on the way. "After all that hard work, you deserve some relaxation. Here, let me wash you off..."

She starts washing Mira thoroughly, concentrating on actually getting Mira clean and her muscles relaxed.

Maquise
2012-09-12, 09:37 PM
Mira lets out a throaty sigh as you go over her with the towel. "I think that thanks to you, I'm cleaner now than the first eighteen years of my life."

Frosty
2012-09-12, 09:39 PM
Karrin giggles and teases, "What? Back in your village you didn't have other girls lining up to wash this body of yours?"

Maquise
2012-09-12, 09:49 PM
"You know, sometimes I wonder how good your eyesight is," Mira teases back. "No, there was not a line of girls lining up to wash the scrawny girl that lived with the spinster. Or boys, for that matter."

Frosty
2012-09-13, 04:40 PM
Karrin smiles, moving to rub some more sensitive bits on Mira's chest. "Well, that's because they didn't get to see what I'm seeing right now? I can't believe none of the boys were driven mad with desire when they saw how good you are at blacksmithing."

Maquise
2012-09-13, 09:03 PM
"Now I know you're toying with me. You'd sooner find a diamond in a pig trough than a man who desires a blacksmith for a woman. Well, except for maybe dwarves. Mmmh... don't stop."

Frosty
2012-09-13, 11:51 PM
Karrin certainly doesn't stop. "Mmm...I dunno...the way your body movves when you work that armor...yeah WORK it baby!" Karrin laughs as she smacks Mira's ass. "It is certainly impressive. Those men don't know what they're missing."

Maquise
2012-09-13, 11:59 PM
Mira gives a startled yelp as you swat her. "Well maybe, but I don't care too much. I don't really have anything against men, but there's something lacking from every one of them." She gives a throaty moan as you work her nipples hard.

Frosty
2012-09-14, 01:42 AM
"A brain?" Karrin jokes as they talk about men. "Well, I should certainly HOPE that you won't leave me for a man. At least invite him in to *our* party instead."

The woman continues playingf with her lover just until her lover is overly-excited, and then backs off, teasing Mira. "Well, I suppose we should go wake the others and make breakfast now, don't you think?"

Maquise
2012-09-14, 08:39 AM
"Nah. I'll admit it, most men I've met have made pigs looked sophisticated, but I think that's just a result of most men I've met being brigands, mercenaries, woodsmen and the like. But even the most chivalrous man is missing one thing: he isn't you."

After your comment, it is your turn to get spanked. "I say something nice like that for you, and this is how you repay me? Getting me all hot and bothered for nothing?" She sighs. "I guess I'll have to convince you to stay."

She pulls open your shirt, allowing your breasts to bounce into view. Cupping them in her hands, she alternates between squeezing them and stroking your nipples with her thumbs.

Frosty
2012-09-15, 11:20 AM
Karrin moans appreciatively as well. "Well, you do make a convincing opening statement, but are you SURE you want to stay with a pig-head like me? After all, if I were going to leave you in this state, I can't be *that* chivalrous either right?" jkes the paladin. She returns the favor to Mira's breasts, trying to see if she can get Mira to lose control first.

Maquise
2012-09-15, 11:47 AM
"Where else would I go-uhhh... anyone who can do that is, is, good."

Growing more and more excited, Mirabelle eventually relents long enough to remove the rest of your clothing. You start to voice you displeasure at the lapse of attention, but Mira says, "Hold on, you're going to like this."

Once she has you naked, she lifts you up and sits you down on one of the tables. Wrapping one arm around your waist, she begins sucking on one of your breasts while the other hand slides three fingers inside of you.

Frosty
2012-09-17, 01:14 AM
The paladin groans in estacy as she allows herself a momentary repireve from the troubles of the world. Right now, this blissful state melts away all the nastiness abd bitterness she has witnessed and felt recently, and she lies back, spreading her legs as FAR as possible in the air. "This is the life...if only we weren't so busy with other things all the time..."

Maquise
2012-09-17, 08:01 AM
Mira continues to pleasure you, using her other hand to get herself started. Once the two of you are both sufficiently close, she climbs up onto the table with you. This piece of furniture was built to carry metal and have metal worked on it, and doesn't even creak under your combined weight.

Facing away from you, she positions her hips directly above your head, giving you a full view of her heavily aroused womanhood. She then lays on top of you, so her mouth is position directly above your loins while hers is directly above yours. She then gives you an open-mouth kiss as though your womanhood were a mouth.

Frosty
2012-09-19, 12:32 AM
Karrin feels like she is basking in the direct warmth and reward of the Three Thrones right now, as she eagerly opens her mouth and kissed sback in a similar manner. At this point it' not even a race. It's juts an expression of caring, wanting the other to feel as good as possible. She cares not WHO sees them right now. In fact, the paladin even injects a little bit of holy energy to that area to see if there's any beneficial effects...

Maquise
2012-09-19, 01:04 AM
Mira's entire body convulses as the warm glow emanating from your lips passes over and into her womanhood. She grasps your thighs tightly, and you taste a thick, earthy-tasting liquid upon your tongue. It quickly fills your mouth and spills down your chin.

"Karrin..." Without moving, she moans your name into you. You feel the sound of her voice reverberating off your inner walls. The sensation is beyond any climax you have ever before experienced.

Frosty
2012-09-19, 01:10 PM
That may be because Karrin is experiencing this *while* her own climax is going on, and she continues to lap and suckle, never wanting this unearthly (but earth-shattering) moment to end. Pure love. No death. No hate. Paradise. Her own juices flow quickly, so much that any not lapped up by Mira drips to the table, forming a puddle as she convulses in it.

Maquise
2012-09-19, 02:12 PM
You reach up and hug Mira's waist, embracing her and pulling her closer. Her juices continue to flow freely, cascading over you even as do your own. You can feel her eagerly drinking them up as the two of you writhe over each other, lost in the moment.

You lose all sense of time; this seems to continue for eternity. At one point, a part of your fevered mind wonders if the room will flood with the amount of fluid pouring out of the two of you. Eventually though, other sensations return to you. You become aware of the cold table beneath you, and the warm, humid air around you.

Deeper than that, you become aware of an intrinsic sense of cleanliness you feel about your lower entrance. Ever since your encounter with N'skarra, you couldn't shake a feeling of filth that clung to the inside of your holes, but it feels like Mira's ministrations has cleaned them out completely.

Mira pulls back, gracing you with a few soft breaths before turning around. Shifting her weight off her body, she leans forward and gives you an open mouth kiss, tongues dancing over each other. You realize you can clearly taste your own juices in her mouth.

Frosty
2012-09-22, 02:10 AM
Karrin, now feeling more fresh and refreshed than ever in a long while, returns the kiss with vigor, sharing and partaking in her taste and Mira's taste. When she breaks the kiss, she says slowly, "You know, Mira, I think you might be a natural for this whole paladin thing. After your...healing touches, my love-tunnel feels all cleansed of demonic taint and all that."

Maquise
2012-09-22, 09:24 AM
Mirabelle smiles. "Well, you're very welcome. I have to say though, whatever you did down there? Do it again. By heaven, do it every time. I can't tell you how good that felt. It was like... yeah, I have no words."

You start to sit up, then wince as your back gives a loud pop. It seems being sandwiched between a warrior and a hard table did not agree with it. Mira helps you to up the rest of the way. "Uh.. yeah that's my bad. Next time, you can be on top. Or we'll do it on a bed. Let me try to fix that." She begins to firmly massage your back. The two of you are far too exhausted to become aroused once more, but it is very relaxing.

Frosty
2012-09-24, 02:00 AM
"Well, heaven may be the key factor here. I think our lady bits LIKE holy energies. Maybe it's the whole 'get invigorated' thing y'know?" Karrin allows herself to get massages for a while, and then returns the favor. "I really think hat we need to pack and make breakfast and all that. It HAS been a while now. Are you excited to go to Whiteveil? Ever been to a big city?"

Maquise
2012-09-24, 08:22 AM
After getting reasonably cleaned back up, you put your armor back on. You'll need replacement silks, but it currently offers sufficient protection. After she is finishing helping you, Mirabelle puts her own armor on.

"Back to war," she mutters to herself. "I don't know what we'll find in Whiteveil, but I'm ready for anything," she says, answering your question.

You head back to the main hall to find the rest of your company prepared. Sufficient supplies for the journey have been scavenged from the fort's stockpiles.

"It seems a waste to leave the rest of the food to spoil," you hear Kensin say to Lyanna as you approach.

"We can't take it with us," she responds as she finishes tying up a last bundle. She looks up at you. "Had a restful night?"

Frosty
2012-09-26, 01:19 PM
Karrin only smiles and puts an arm around Mira's waist in response to Lyanna's question. "There's nothing more we can do here. Waste as it may be, we have more important matters to attend to. We can put many packs and sacks on Trombe, and I will walk instead of ride. Then let's head out."

Maquise
2012-09-26, 01:35 PM
"Well, no time like the present, though the road is going to be muddy as hells," Berich says as you finish loading the supplies.

"I would think the hells would actually be quite parched," Lyanna snidely remarks. Berich looks annoyed for a moment, but then nods his head acquiescently.

You begin the long journey, leaving the ruined fort and the dead that lay buried there behind you. The sky remains overcast as you travel down the road a bit.

Eventually you leave the road; the devils and Angrovites are likely to be watching it. Traveling through the wilderness, Davkas and Kensin prove their worth, foraging supplies, avoiding dangerous animals and other hazards, and finding paths suitable for your company.

Nothing notable happens for twelve days. Then on the thirteenth day, Kensin returns from his scouting to report, "Ahead I have found what looks like the remains of a skirmish."

He leads you to the sight. You see bodies, mostly humans, scattered about the forest, with much foliage disturbed. There are two groups clearly present; one wears the same white and blue uniforms you remember from Lindekaima, the other an ash grey with a wolf's head motif.

Frosty
2012-09-26, 01:51 PM
"Secure the area. Make sure there are no potential ambushes nearby. Once we've set up a perimeter we can examine the bodies more closely." says Karrin as she barks out orders competently.

Maquise
2012-09-26, 02:06 PM
Dismounted, your company moves to complete your orders. You look out through the forest, listening for anything out of the ordinary.

"Imp!" Lyanna shouts, and you spot a red blur shoot through the trees. "Kensin!"

The wanderer immediately lets fly a shaft from his bow. The arrow strikes true, winging the fleeing devil. It manages to stay in the air though, and vanishes.

"Black sand," Kensin curses. "That thing surely should have perished."

"Unless your arrow was tipped with silver, it would have done little to hurt it," Lyanna responds. "Still, that was a good shot."

No one else reports anything out of the ordinary.
(Note: This all happened before you could react)

Frosty
2012-09-26, 03:51 PM
"Damn. Whiteveil soldiers and an unknown group, both with casualties. The imp's presecne may or may not be coincidental. Let's check the bodies, see if we can determine whether devils killed these people, or whether the two groups killed each other."

Maquise
2012-09-26, 03:54 PM
You begin your search, and hear a wet coughing sound. Following it to its source, you find a grievously wounded wolf's-head soldier. He gasps, coughing up blood, and does not seem to register your approach.

Frosty
2012-09-26, 04:25 PM
Karrin rushes to the middle of the group and just decides to unleash her holy energies into the area, to see if they can save more than just one person.

Channel Positive Energy: [roll0]

Maquise
2012-09-26, 08:30 PM
You release a wave of your holy energy, providing healing to all within the immediate area. Another grey-cloaked figure stirs, and the one in front of you blinks as he sudden feels his wounds lessening.

"Who are you," he asks, surreptitiously reaching for his sword, which lays where he dropped it not far from reach. "Whose side are you on?"

Frosty
2012-09-27, 11:37 AM
"I'm on the side of the Good. More immediately, I'm on the side of Person who just Saved Your Life. Retrieve your weapon but keep it sheathed. I don't want any more people getting hurt. Tell me what happened here."

Maquise
2012-09-27, 11:49 AM
Warily, the soldier follows your command.

"Everything went wrong, that's what happened. This was supposed to be a straightforward ambush. The Whiteveilians were exactly where they were supposed to be, right on time. But they knew we were here."

Frosty
2012-09-27, 03:17 PM
Karrin presses her questioning. "And why exactly are you fighting against Whiteveil? What dispute causes you to resort to killing? Is Whiteveil making war on your people?"

Maquise
2012-09-27, 08:48 PM
"I don't know. All that I know is that the High Lords of Angrove declared war, and so I was sent."

You believe he is being honest.

Frosty
2012-09-28, 02:36 AM
ooc - Angrove is the devil-controlled area right? There is still a human kingdom there?

"So, did any of them get away? Or were you successful in slaying them all even though they knew of your ambush?"

Maquise
2012-09-28, 09:34 AM
(You know there are devils in Angrove, but not much else)

"Our luck wasn't nearly that good. We ended up getting worse than they did." You notice that some of your companions are guarding the second soldier, who is in the same uniform as this one.

Frosty
2012-09-28, 12:38 PM
Karrin trusts her companions to guard the other soldier. "Was this a recent declaration of war? I presume Angrove has officially notified Whiteveil of the declaration of war?"

Maquise
2012-09-28, 12:44 PM
The soldier shakes his head. "Do I look like a knight? All I know is, one day I'm minding my own business, walking down the street when I get grabbed by the knights, handed a sword and told to go kill the guys from the other city."

Frosty
2012-09-28, 02:03 PM
Karrin does a quick scan of the two soliders for traces of evil. "And you'd just do it? Just like that? Well I suppose you may not have a choice, since you may suffer consequences if you do not follow orders. Alright, this one you should know. Are there travel restrictions for Angrove right now? If my companions and I wanted to visit, may we do so freely?"

Maquise
2012-09-28, 02:39 PM
You do not sense evil upon them.

"You need travel papers. Otherwise, you have to pass the city inspection to ensure you obey all laws and pay the tithe. Also, it is forbidden to carry weapons or armor unless you have taken the blood-oath of fealty."

Frosty
2012-09-29, 09:17 PM
Karrin also asks the other solier about whether he or hse knows anything about the reason behind this war. Then, she asks, "Blood oath? That sounds serious. I guess you've taken it and that's why you *had* to obey the lords of Angrove once they ordered you to perform this ambush?"

Maquise
2012-09-29, 09:25 PM
The second soldier says, "This wasn't the first time. Angrove has already conquered other, smaller cities. Whiteveil is just the first to truly oppose us." When Mirabelle looks at him interrogatively, he adds, "I've been in the army a while.

As for the Oath, all strong men of Angrove are forced at sword point to take it. I think the High Lords learned it from the devils. It compels the taker under threat of pain and possibly death to obey the edicts and commands of the High Lords."

Frosty
2012-09-30, 03:06 AM
"And...how do you feel about the oaths? If there's a way to get it removed but it involves you leaving Angrove, would you want to do it?"

Maquise
2012-09-30, 08:55 AM
The soldiers glance briefly at each other. "Angrove is still my home. I'll fight for it regardless of who is in charge."

Frosty
2012-09-30, 12:28 PM
"No one is talking about fighting Angrove, although it looks like you have *forced* Whiteveil into it. *sigh* Alright. We're almost done here. Just a couple more questions. Firstly, how have the conquered cities and their citizens fared? Are they treated as well as the citizens of Angrove if they aren't fighting back or causing trouble? Secondly, how might I obtain travel papers to avoid all the hassle? Would the fact that I've saved the lives of two Angrove soldiers help me get those papers? Thirdly, if I were to travel there, I cannot just abandon my weapons and armor. Is it legal to just have them in a sack, unworn?"

Maquise
2012-09-30, 01:07 PM
"Those who don't oppose us are converted to slaves of the Obsidian Throne, same as the rest of us citizens. Those who are strong enough are made soldiers, those keen of mind acolytes of the Pentamic Circle, the rest laborers.

If you were to declare you had saved us at the gates of Angrove, I doubt you would get so much as a thank-you. And ownership of tools of war is completely forbidden, save oath of fealty as I said before."

He chuckles after a moment. "I've answered your questions, would you so kindly answer mine? Tell me, what would you do if you entered Angrove? Seek an audience with the High Lords, each one practiced diabolists, and their devil advisors? Or perhaps you'd seek to speak directly with the Harbinger of Flames, in his mighty black temple?"

Frosty
2012-09-30, 01:30 PM
"Currently I have no more interest in Angrove than looking around and seeing how things are there, but it appears that will be near impossible given the restrictions, so I likely will not be a visitor. You have painted me a clear enough picture for now, and have been very helpful. I have no more questions."

Not a visitor certainly. Perhaps a conqueror or a leader of a resistance movement looking to assassinate the high lords. Karrin must talk to the people of Whiteveil to get the bigger picture.

Maquise
2012-09-30, 01:34 PM
Making sure your companions have the soldiers secure, you step aside to speak with Mirabelle.

"It sounds like Angrove is closed to us for now. What's our next step? I'm assuming we're bringing them," she indicates the soldiers, "with us."

Frosty
2012-09-30, 01:46 PM
"We continue on the Whiteveil, and turn these soliders over to Whiteveil depending on how Whiteveil treats its prisoners of war. Then, see what local problems and disputes must be solved. I'm guessing if there are internal disputes, then any effort to fight Angrove will be weaker compared to a unified Whiteveil. Of course we'll also be talking to the leaders of Whiteveil hopefully and seeing what strategy they wish to pursue. The devils are so entrenched within Angrove that I'm not sure it is possible to install new leadership without basically razing Angrove to the ground first. The only thing that comes to mind if researching or finding a ritual that will break all of the blood oaths of fealty, and then simulatenously launching an attack. If there is an internal uprising within Angrove while Whiteveil also attacks, then there is a much better chance of saving many lives on both sides."

The paladin sighs and glances back quickly at the soldiers. "Now, do you think we should ask those soldiers to come with us before resorting to knocking them out, or just knock them out now to tie them up and take them with us? The former option is the more...Good...option, I think, but there is a risk of a fight. Granted, they are fairly weak, so the risk isn't too great. The latter option I don't *believe* is evil, but I don't feel quite as good about it since these soldiers are't really monsters themselves, and I've always been an advocate of using dialogue first and force later."

Maquise
2012-09-30, 01:53 PM
"We should be able to bring them with us without too much difficulty."

Mirabelle informs the soldiers. "Alright, turn over your weapons and we'll be on our ways. You're coming with us."

The soldiers begrudgingly submit. Lyanna secures them.

Frosty
2012-09-30, 02:37 PM
Are there any equipment to be salvaged from the soliders and from the bodies? If so, after salaging, the group presses on the Whiteveil.

Maquise
2012-09-30, 03:15 PM
Most of the equipment you find is simply mundane, though some of it is of higher quality than other, particularly amongst the Whiteveilian gear. Kensin find some silver-tipped arrows, though, which he takes to combat devils with. You also find a well-stocked kit of healing herbs and such gear.

Kensin finds 10 silver arrows
You find one Masterwork Healing Kit

Salvaging complete, you press on to the final leg of the journey. Not long later, you come across a river that runs blood red. Several bodies have washed up on its shore, their uniforms too damaged and stained to recognize. Following the river, you come up to the top of a bluff, and get a full view of Whiteveil's current state.

The city is tightly-built, and you can see it was designed with defense in mind; it looks more like a massive citadel than a population center. The walls are tall, and lined with various defensive war engines, such as catapults, ballistas, and large towers stand at regular intervals. You can see strange lights emitting from the tops of these towers.

There is one gate visible from your current location, though you see other gatehouse structures built onto the outer wall. The gate itself is made of a black wood reinforced with a dark metal, and shimmers with glowing runes.

Between yourself and the city, though, is a grey-cloaked army. While most of the figures are human, you see several easily-recognized forms of devils, along with other monsters such as armored war ogres, drakes, and gryphons.

"Well, it looks like the rest of the boys got here," one of your prisoners says.

"Its not as bad as it looks," Berich says. "This army is spread too thin. I'd say their commander bit off more than he can chew. Still is gonna be a bitch to get through, though there are some spots that could be pierced."

Frosty
2012-09-30, 07:10 PM
"Can you identify which place would be the part to attack and break through?"

Maquise
2012-09-30, 09:43 PM
Berich looks over the field. "I'll need to get a closer look to see for certain, but I think I can pick out a couple of spots. I'm not going alone, though."

"I can accompany you, if you wish," Kensin says.

Berich waits a moment before responding. "That will have to do, I guess."

Frosty
2012-10-09, 01:57 AM
"Do it. Keep each other safe. I want intel, but I'll settle for you two returning safely."

When the two have gone, Karrin rubs her head and sighs. "Well, this isn't a tentacle monster at least, but I get the feeling if the devils capture us we'll end up being used for the same purposes. Nothing they love more than the corrupt virtuous women."

Maquise
2012-10-09, 11:55 AM
Mirabelle readies her shield. "So there is no reason to back down. I'll be right beside you." Lyanna nods in agreement.

After a few hours, Kensin and Berich return. "We found a couple of spots we could try to break through," Berich says.

"On the far side of the city, there is a space where the bulk of the force is trained beasts, mainly war ogres and gryphons, though I think I might have spotted a drake. There are a couple of handlers, but no real soldier presence, and no diabolists.

At another place, most of the soldiers are conscripts, poorly trained and lacking conviction. They won't fight very hard, save for the officers put there to control them. Again, we didn't see any mages.

That leaves the weak spot closest to the main gate. There is a section maintained by a coven of dark mages, who summon and bind devils for them. If we can catch them off guard, we should be able to push through before they can call for help."

Frosty
2012-10-09, 02:38 PM
Karrin smiles as her allies ready themselves. When Kensin and Berich return, the paladin considers the different options. "In your opinions, which targets are of highest strategic value in the upcoming battle between Whiteveil and this force? While I'd like to scatter the conscripts so I don't have to kill many of them, they might not have contributed much to the battle anyways. As for the war beasts, do you think there's any way we can start a panic'ed stampede, and get them to trample their own army? Even if not, if we take care of the handlers, I wonder if the beasts will still fight us? Of course, taking down the mages will weaken this army significantly I'm sure, but it is also likely the most difficult."

She looks at the army and sighs. "Gotta remember that we're not here to take the targets out, but merely to give them the slip, but damn I want to take out those mages..."

Maquise
2012-10-09, 03:14 PM
Berich responds, "Attacking the mages would both significantly weaken the siege and put us closest to the front gate. It would be the hardest fight, though.

As for the beasts, it depends on their temperament, along with how good they are trained. They aren't likely to be very intelligent, though, so we would have the advantage there."

Frosty
2012-10-09, 04:50 PM
"Well, I think I would like to attack the mages, but I won't force you all to if you are all dead set against that since our primary objective is to reach Whiteveil. Let's start with you Grembler. What do you think? Under the assumption that we will be fighting that we will help in the city's defense later on anyways, we may make the fight easier for us later. Danger now? Or danger later. That's the choice."

Maquise
2012-10-09, 05:05 PM
"Maybe wrong question. Maybe, danger with friends, or danger by ourselves? We go into big city, we get help. We fight out here, have no help," Grembler says.

Frosty
2012-10-09, 05:13 PM
"Hmm...that is a good point. Let's take on the war beasts and see if we can cause a stampede on our way through. Any opinions?"

Maquise
2012-10-09, 05:22 PM
"We shall have to be cunning," Kensin says. "The beasts are strong and vicious. More than a few have wings as well. I spotted a pair of forest drakes, gryphons, along with several war ogres, heavily armed and armored."

Frosty
2012-10-09, 05:47 PM
"Grembler, do you have any abilities that can sow chaos amongt the beasts? Make them hit each other or something?"

Maquise
2012-10-09, 05:55 PM
"No, but that be interesting spell to learn. Grembler do have... way of confusing bad folk. Can make them 'fraid, too. You like me to get those wierdings ready, or to summon more creatures?"

Frosty
2012-10-09, 05:59 PM
"Yes, do it. Don't you also have wierdings that you...don't need to prepare? That you can just do on the fly?"

Maquise
2012-10-09, 08:19 PM
"Mmmh... I can do a bit of healing, and I can make the badfolk not fight as hard. But these wierdings only work once on a guy."