PDA

View Full Version : Build Questions

TopCheese
2012-08-29, 06:36 PM
Dragonborn Goliath: Rogue (FBF) 2/ Fighter 2/ ? / Warblade 1 (so far)

He was originally LG but turned LE after the incident...

Originally was just a Goliath that wanted to become more like an Earth Elemental. He allowed himself to go through a ritual that would turn him into an Earth Elemental... However he was tricked and he became a Dragonborn... He was not please... Turned to an Elder Evil who promised to change him back for his service and of course more power (free feats). Heart (Acid).

What I want to do is make a character based around the CW Feat: Damage Reduction. I know this won't be the best use of a character but it fits the concept. The character is pushing his body to become an Earth Elemental.

If I use 25pt buy or more the starting Con will be (17 + 4): 21
Str 16, Dex 08, Con 21, Int 12, Wis 08, Cha 08 (+1 to con at level 4)

I'll take 3 Flaws to gain 3 Feats of Damage Reduction + 1st level feat: DR 12/-

3rd level: DR 15/-
6th level: DR 18/-

I'll be taking 2 levels of Rogue (Fighter Bonus Feat) to gain 2 Fighter feats. Then 2 levels of Fighter for two more Fighter Bonus Feats. I'll use these 4 as feats to give my PC some stuff to use.

1: The ACF Rogue give Fighter bonus feats (as fighter) so that means at first and second level the Rogue gains a fighter bonus feat ... Correct?

2: I'm looking to get Blanket Immunity to mind effecting spells and such through the evil feats. I may drop one DR feat to help get Deformity Madness. Is there any other feats that give immunity to certain spell types or what not? I'll have Evasion but ... Not a good ref save.

3: I get 4 Fighter bonus Feats. I'm thinking of taking.. Power Attack, Imp Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, and Dungeon Crasher (Fighter 2). Eventually I'll take Knock Down.

4: What class should I take to round out my Initiator Level?

5: What are some good magic items that grant feats or other useful abilities? I know I want a Belt of Healing and the armbands that stop AoO but not sure what else...

So when I hit level 6 I will have around DR 18/- . immunity to mind effecting spells/effects, and a crap ton of HP.

My tactics will be to do some damage over a long amount of time. I won't try to get my AC to high since I can just focus my money on other places. I'll pick up a two handed weapon, perhaps reach and eventually combat reflexes and stand still (I will focus on one so I won't need multiple AoO).

I have more but I need to sleep

Thanks in advance playground!

Lostbutseeking
2012-08-29, 08:57 PM
The Complete Warrior feat Damage Reduction is an epic feat and can not be taken until level 21.

You can use Roll With It from Savage species to similar effect though. It is DR 2/- and has pre-requisites of con 20 and the toughness feat.

Additionally the maximum number of flaws is two.