PDA

View Full Version : Necrocarnate villian help.

crimsonqueen
2012-08-29, 07:24 PM
Hi everyone long time no see :D Im comming to you today because I need your help with something I have been given the opportunity to come up with my own campaign that i will be running starting Halloween so I have much to do but I first wantedto come up with the main villian for my campaign and since I am basing my campaign in a Incarnum based setting I decided to make a Gestalt cleric/Incarnate/necrocarnate necromancer character thus since Im not 100% on how to pull this sort of thing off I thought I would get some suggestions heres.

Race: Lesser Aasimar Necropolitan
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Gestalt Class Levels: Cleric 20//Incarnate 7/Necrocarnate 13
Stats Rolled: 14, 16, 16, 18, 12, 10
Stats with racial, special creation, and level up bonuses:
Str: 16 + 4 = 20
Dex: 14 + 4 = 18
Con: -
Int: 12 + 3 + 1 = 16
Wis: 16 + 2 + 3 + 3 =24
Cha: 18 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 24

Feats: 2/9
Necrocarnum Acolyte
Undead Meldshaper

Flaws: 2/2
Hot-Blooded
Insomniac

Items:

Now I am going to work with this character in a sense that they are gonna use the cleric and Necrocarnte levels to raise undead while using the incarnate levels for meldshaping my questions are how should I put the stats, what should I make the race, what feats and flaws do you recomend, what items would be useful for this character. and how should I distribute the 20 levels between the three classes? Note that I am open minded to ideas but I will not be changing my classes around or adding any more.

Note: The characters in my campaign are gonna be starting out at level 5 and wont be facing her for a long time but I figured I should include them so you know what she will be facing.

1. Azurin Paladin who will be going into the Incandescent Champion prestige class.
2. Skarn Incarnate/Cleric that will be going into the Sapphire Hierarch Prestige Class.
3. Shifter Totemist that will not be taking any prestige classes.
4. Human Sorcerer/Incarnate that will be taking the Soulcaster prestige class.
5. Skarn Fighter/Incarnate that will be going into the Spinemeld Warrior prestige class.

For the race this is what I was thinking Lesser Aasimar followed by the Necropolitan template from Libris Mortis,, and saying she was made a Necropolitan by an 8th+ level Dread Necromancer who had the entire Corpsecrafter line of feats from LM, and also in the area of a Desecrate spell with an evil altar present. Thus giving her +4 HP/level, +4 Str and Dex, +4 initiative, +10 ft. land speed, +6 total turn resistance, +2 natural armor, etc and make her venerable age for +3 Int, Wis, and Cha for no drawback.

crimsonqueen
2012-08-30, 01:54 PM
Really? No one has any advice for me? XD

Psyren
2012-08-30, 04:46 PM
Ooh, Incarnum campaign!

It's hard to advise this one because it's really hard to mess up. A Cleric//Incarnate can do just about anything; you could give her Toughness for all her feats and she'd still be a hard fight.

Have you read the relevant handbooks? Necrocarnate isn't that different from Incarnate, especially since an NPC has the luxury of boiling a few anthills/sacrificing a few slaves before the PCs show up, letting her max out all her soulmelds for 24 hours. Even if you don't allow anthill-boiling, such a character would likely keep chattel chained up nearby for easy harvesting.

The level distribution is fairly simple: Cleric X(/PrC Y)//Incarnate 7/Necrocarnate 13. Or if you want her to have access to Totemist melds too, you can make it Totemist 2/Incarnate 5 instead of Incarnate 7.

One potential issue I know you'll have to resolve is how many chakra binds Necrocarnates get.

Glimbur
2012-08-30, 04:59 PM
Cleric 20//Incarnate 7 / Necrocarnate 13 is a pretty easy way to go. Basic gestalt doesn't allow PrCs on both sides but that rule is often discarded.

You want to go minion-mancy, which means you should take a basic cleric necromancer build (guides here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=4hrahlu20iuk7ejuj1qkkjbo74&topic=420.0) and here (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872726/Revised_Necromancer_Handbook). Throw on top of that Incarnum, which is mostly self-buffs and protections. The Necrocarnate class features are nothing to write home about, though you will get some mileage out of the improved Necrocarnum Zombies. Note that they are intelligent, which opens a lot of possibilities. For example, this means they get feats and skills.

Aside from that, you'll want to decide if you focus on casting or fighting. With cleric backed by incarnum, you can do either, but you only get so many feats and so many actions in combat.

Psyren
2012-08-30, 05:05 PM
You can get her more actions by having her shape Psion's Eyes (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a), and use buffs like Schism or Temporal Acceleration.

crimsonqueen
2012-08-30, 06:08 PM
Ooh, Incarnum campaign!

It's hard to advise this one because it's really hard to mess up. A Cleric//Incarnate can do just about anything; you could give her Toughness for all her feats and she'd still be a hard fight.

Have you read the relevant handbooks? Necrocarnate isn't that different from Incarnate, especially since an NPC has the luxury of boiling a few anthills/sacrificing a few slaves before the PCs show up, letting her max out all her soulmelds for 24 hours. Even if you don't allow anthill-boiling, such a character would likely keep chattel chained up nearby for easy harvesting.

The level distribution is fairly simple: Cleric X(/PrC Y)//Incarnate 7/Necrocarnate 13. Or if you want her to have access to Totemist melds too, you can make it Totemist 2/Incarnate 5 instead of Incarnate 7.

One potential issue I know you'll have to resolve is how many chakra binds Necrocarnates get.

Lol definitely wont be taking all toughness so lets make this character as powerful as possible with careful feat selections.

And yes she has no problem sacrificing slaves in fact the fight with her will be taking place in an area where mortal will be sacrificed around her as needed lol.

Ok hmmm how about race suggestion? I was thinking Lesser Aasimar followed by the Necropolitan template from Libris Mortis,, and saying she was made a Necropolitan by an 8th+ level Dread Necromancer who had the entire Corpsecrafter line of feats from LM, and also in the area of a Desecrate spell with an evil altar present. Thus giving her +4 HP/level, +4 Str and Dex, +4 initiative, +10 ft. land speed, +6 total turn resistance, +2 natural armor, etc and make her venerable age for +3 Int, Wis, and Cha for no drawback.

Cleric 20//Incarnate 7 / Necrocarnate 13 is a pretty easy way to go. Basic gestalt doesn't allow PrCs on both sides but that rule is often discarded.

You want to go minion-mancy, which means you should take a basic cleric necromancer build (guides here and here. Throw on top of that Incarnum, which is mostly self-buffs and protections. The Necrocarnate class features are nothing to write home about, though you will get some mileage out of the improved Necrocarnum Zombies. Note that they are intelligent, which opens a lot of possibilities. For example, this means they get feats and skills.

Aside from that, you'll want to decide if you focus on casting or fighting. With cleric backed by incarnum, you can do either, but you only get so many feats and so many actions in combat.

Ok so Cleric 20//Incarnate 7/Necrocarnate 13 it is :)

You can get her more actions by having her shape Psion's Eyes, and use buffs like Schism or Temporal Acceleration.

Ok sounds good

KillianHawkeye
2012-08-30, 08:40 PM
I thought you couldn't use incarnum without a Con score. Is there a way around that? Or am I misremembering?

Flickerdart
2012-08-30, 08:46 PM
I thought you couldn't use incarnum without a Con score. Is there a way around that? Or am I misremembering?

Undead Meldshaper takes care of that.

crimsonqueen
2012-08-30, 10:00 PM

Yep Undead Meldshaper :3

Undead Meldshaper takes care of that.

Any suggestions? :D

Psyren
2012-08-31, 10:55 AM
Keep in mind, before you go Necropolitan, that creatures with no Con score don't have a Soul Chakra, even with Undead Meldshaper. This is pretty relevant for a level 20 meldshaper, though thanks to Cleric you can live without it.

crimsonqueen
2012-08-31, 03:07 PM
Keep in mind, before you go Necropolitan, that creatures with no Con score don't have a Soul Chakra, even with Undead Meldshaper. This is pretty relevant for a level 20 meldshaper, though thanks to Cleric you can live without it.

I already factored that in :) now how about some feat suggestions should I take the corpse crater line or at least some of them? Also Should I take some feats to enhance my casting abilities and if so what ones?

Also I was debating on what my Skeletons Should be and what my Necrocarnum zombies should be.

I was considering Hydra's for when I am fighting.

Psyren
2012-08-31, 05:59 PM
Whatever you want. Necrocarnum Zombie Hydras would be pretty lethal.

crimsonqueen
2012-08-31, 06:02 PM
Whatever you want. Necrocarnum Zombie Hydras would be pretty lethal.

Yeah that's what I was thinking lol. I want this fight to be really hard but not unbeatable :) Any items you can suggest for a necromancer?

ShneekeyTheLost
2012-09-01, 09:38 PM
If the only thing you are going to be using Cleric levels for is raising Undead, I'd strongly suggest Dread Necro instead, since it is probably the one class that can do that particular shtick even better.

Also note that Undead Mastery's bonuses apply to all undead he creates... even those created through Incarnum means.

I'd also strongly suggest looking up Libris Mortis for various feats, like Destructive Retribution (any undead you create, note again nothing saying it cannot be applied to Necrocarnate undead, explodes with negative energy when killed) or Fell Drain (plus Kelgore's Grave Mist for no-save-no-sr-just-negative-levels).

crimsonqueen
2012-09-02, 12:55 PM
If the only thing you are going to be using Cleric levels for is raising Undead, I'd strongly suggest Dread Necro instead, since it is probably the one class that can do that particular shtick even better.

Also note that Undead Mastery's bonuses apply to all undead he creates... even those created through Incarnum means.

I'd also strongly suggest looking up Libris Mortis for various feats, like Destructive Retribution (any undead you create, note again nothing saying it cannot be applied to Necrocarnate undead, explodes with negative energy when killed) or Fell Drain (plus Kelgore's Grave Mist for no-save-no-sr-just-negative-levels).

I went more with cleric to fit her back story better that she was a priestess at one point who after an incident that will be revealed in game play that made her cold, hateful, and wanting to kill plus I want her to have some combat ability in case they get past her undead.