PDA

View Full Version : Space Station 13

Maxios
2012-08-29, 08:12 PM
This thread is for the discussion of the free space station simulator game Space Station 13! Feel free to share your stories of evil clowns and annoying assistants!
Also, I was thinking that maybe a Giantitp server could be set up sometime.

Alaris
2012-08-29, 09:22 PM
This thread is for the discussion of the free space station simulator game Space Station 13! Feel free to share your stories of evil clowns and annoying assistants!
Also, I was thinking that maybe a Giantitp server could be set up sometime.

Perhaps you could start with a story of your own, to get the thread started.

Regardless, I've played the game, and it's interesting when you get actual players who are fun, and not just crazy people.

Maxios
2012-08-29, 09:27 PM
Here's a story that happened to me a few minutes after I created the thread:
I was a Detective, and I was roleplaying as this man who seeks justice for any crimes commited no matter how small. A Bartender stole a batsuit from the theater, and I got into an arguement with him, ending with him locking himself behind the counter.
I called for back-up, with no response. The captain himself showed up at the bar, listened to both of our tales, and decided I was right and told the guards to come. They refused to show up, insisting it was stupid. Just then, there was an explosion. The explosion killed me and trapped the bartender behind rubble. I was given a large funeral, and everyone on board attended.

t209
2012-08-29, 09:36 PM
I wanted to try it? How do I start the game (as in details of the game)?

Maxios
2012-08-29, 09:38 PM
Download the latest version of Byond, create an account, go to the page for SS13 on the Byond website, look on the server page, open up Byond, then join a server via the server page.

NEO|Phyte
2012-08-29, 10:00 PM
SS13 thread, eh? Haven't had the urge to play in a long while. Started with a small group of people from bay12games waaaay back in the day, migrated to the Penny-Arcade server from there, then hopped on tgstation when it started up, and ended up becoming a coder, then the semiunofficial project head when TLE stepped down, then an official head coder when people decided we needed some structure to the code team.

Maxios
2012-08-30, 02:04 PM
I just had the most awesome SS13 experience EVER! My character was named Art Davis, and I joined as the Head of Security. I became friends with the temporary captain, and interrogated a criminal who ignored an order from the captain. Eventually, the three of us began arguing about the laws ending with me realizing the two of them both broke laws: the captain overused his power and the criminal ignored an order. The both of them begged me to arrest the other, and I chose a third option: to arrest them both. I then became the acting captain.
Meanwhile, I helped my second in command Alexis Mason investigate a murder, when suddenly two airlocks were blown up. We raced to the scene only to discover two dead gibbed bodies, one of which was likely the traitor who set the bombs. We escaped on the shuttle a few minutes later.