PDA

View Full Version : Tri build

killianh
2012-08-29, 10:51 PM
I've seen a few different Arcane/divine/psionic builds that all get the end game level powers, but I'm wondering if its possible to do so with Binder/incarnum/martial adept? I've been going over books trying to wrap my head around it and it hasn't been working.

So thus I lay the problem before you playground, can you make this idea work?

Kelb_Panthera
2012-08-29, 11:11 PM
It's easy enough to ensure that you'll hit 9th level maneuvers and a fairly minimal loss of chakra binds, but binding just doesn't advance without sticking pretty close to binder except for anima mage.

Incarnum plays well with anyone, you'll be able to do binder/incarnum or initiator/incarnum easily enough, but it'll take some serious op-fu to combine all three with minimal losses.

docnessuno
2012-08-29, 11:35 PM
While all of those systems are very "multiclass friendly", they all miss accelerated progression classes (like ur-priest or sublime chord) and dual progression classes between them.

For example getting 9th level manouvers requires at least 14 levels in initiator classes, and there are no PRCs (outside homebrew) progressing manouvers and binding or meldshaping.

killianh
2012-08-29, 11:41 PM
That's what I was afraid of. would a combo of say incarnum/binder work out at all?

eggs
2012-08-30, 12:42 AM
Totemist 2/Ardent 2/Binder 1/Anima Mage Psion 9/Warblade 6 with a Major Bloodline, Practiced Manifester, Improved Binding and Expanded Knowledge (Open Chakra) would have access to level 9 maneuvers (IL = (14+3)/2+6+3 = 17), the greater chakras (via Open Chakra Power, ML 11+4+3 = 18) and the ability to bind 2 vestiges (though only up to level 6). The levels need to be rearranged to straighten out feat progression (A1/B1/A1/AM 7/T2/W8 works, but it could probably be made more playable at lower levels).

It uses a poorly-written variant, a class adaptation, it probably also relies on fractional BA and it dips all over, which fails on just about any gauge of elegance, but I think it wracks up most of the goals.