PDA

View Full Version : More things I'd like to have, but don't know where to look

Talbot
2012-08-30, 01:49 PM
I'm working up two possible characters, and struggling a bit with both. Answers to the following questions might help. Thanks in advance!

1) Is there a way to get access to the Druid list without being a Druid? I don't really like, well, all of the other Druidic class features, but I do like some of the spells. Something like a feat or a PrC is preferable to something that would require a ton of DM cooperation (scrolls and the like).

2) What are some cool Cha-based dips? Obviously Paladin 2, Crusader X, Marshal 1, and Battledancer 1, but I was wondering about something a little more off the beaten path? A PrC or Dragonlance/Dragon Mag base class?

3) Suggestions for feats or classes for a character focused on 1 v 1 melee combat? The style feats in Pathfinder seem like a good way to go, but beyond that?

4) Besides Cleric, what are the best ways to get domains? I love me some domains, but am probably taking a Cleric variant that doesn't get them. I know OA Shaman is an option, but beyond that?

5) Cool, unusual buff spells. Like, spells that do something besides just sticking bigger numbers on healing/ac/attack/damage/saves/etc.

6) Spells that could be used (silent + invisible + still) in combat without anyone, including the target, realizing a spell had been cast. Grease comes to mind, and obviously personal buffs, but beyond that I'm drawing a blank.

7) Non-nightstick/super-cheese ways to increase Turn attempts beyond just taking Extra Turning a bunch.

8) Any PrCs that can advance two different Divine casting classes, instead of one Arcane/one Divine? Preferably some combination of Cleric/Druid/Paladin/Shaman, if the specifics matter.

Thanks again!

Urpriest
2012-08-30, 01:58 PM
1) Spirit Shaman and Archivist are the go-to options, with Child of Eberron Sovereign Archetype if you're swimming in koboldcheese.

2) Mindspy is cool.

3) 1v1 is the standard way melee combat works. It would be much harder to make a good 1vmany character.

4) Sovereign Speaker, Contemplative, lots of PrCs for specific ones, Eberron's Religious Adept...

5) Righteous Wrath of the Faithful is nice, though mostly bonuses. I like Hero's Feast, though it doesn't do much that's interesting, but the way the buff is applied is nice fluff.

6) Zaq has a thread on subtle casters exploring that very theme, should still be on the front page.

7) Channel Incarnum works for Divine Feats, and isn't Turn Undead. You can thus pick up Turn Undead and Rebuke Undead through other methods.

8) There may be a homebrewed one out there, none published though. Halfling Outrider is the closest, for companions rather than casting.

ericgrau
2012-08-30, 03:15 PM
5) Ya that annoys me with the cleric. So boring. In core:
1: protection from evil, sanctuary (not self only)
2: shield other (my favorite), silence
3: invisibility purge, magic circle against evil, water walk
4: air walk, freedom of movement, imbue with spell ability (esp. with above self-affecting spells)
5: disrupting weapon, ~spell resistance
6: ~heroes' feast
7: - (there's repulsion, but it's more like a control spell)
8: holy aura
9: etherealness
Hopefully these will get you ideas of what to look for when sifting through spell compendium as well.

8) For a homebrew answer ultimate magus (complete mage) is a good baseline right down to the metamagic. Try medium BAB, d8 HD and good fort/will saves though. Combine the essentials of both skill lists and give 2 + int skills.