PDA

View Full Version : vestige: Chupoclops

GenghisDon
2012-08-30, 03:29 PM
I just noticed something about Chupoclops...the poison from the poison bite isn't detailed.

The errata doesn't mention it.

I was thinking phase spider venom (d8/d8 con) with save DC=10+1/2binder level+con mod.

Thoughts?

blackspeeker
2012-08-30, 03:37 PM
That's weird, maybe they just meant to give you a bite attack, another alternative for a poison is euronyme's poison blood. It deals a d6 for every few binder levels, not great as far as poisons go, but it is a way to go.

So maybe add that to the bite, or paralysis.

Also for the save use the binders Cha mod, under granted abilities it says the DC for saves from binder abilities use charisma mod.

Psyren
2012-08-30, 04:31 PM
I think the "poison" is just the reason it hurts so much. Maybe make it deal half-physical/half-acid?

GenghisDon
2012-08-30, 04:41 PM
hurts so much? It does d4 damage for a medium size character:smalleek:

thanks for reminding me about chr, blackspeeker, I'd gotten into the habit of assuming the same scores as a monster would use (typically con or chr).

in fact the abilities section of the class even mentions high con to boost some of their SU. I also thought that's why a dwarf COULD make a decent binder. They just suck if chr is the only key stat.

I think I'll go with both scores, as applicable (breath, poison, et all are con based, the rest are chr based)

Psyren
2012-08-30, 04:50 PM
hurts so much? It does d4 damage for a medium size character:smalleek:

Well yeah, but I doubt YOUR bite does that much :smalltongue:

GenghisDon
2012-08-30, 04:53 PM
LOL, ok, but it's a L6 vestige. It's powers are good, but I think SOME poison is needed. d4/d4 con? spider style d4/d4 str?

awa
2012-08-30, 05:13 PM
i don't have the book so maybe im completely wrong but remember that poison is also the name of a spell. is it possible as the spell?

GenghisDon
2012-08-30, 05:29 PM
It's hella good if it is

blackspeeker
2012-08-30, 06:50 PM
I feel like it would say as the spell, but that makes the most sense due to the lack of definition.

HunterOfJello
2012-08-30, 07:06 PM
Some of the names and ability listings for the Tome of Magic are pretty far off. I've been building a Binder//Sha'ir lately and he'll be using "Bolts of Madness" pretty often, even though the ability actually only shoots out one bolt, and it doesn't cause madness.

I would go with the Poison spell. Give it 1d10 temp Con/1d10 temp Con damage with a timer of 1 minute. Also, set the Fort save to being based on Charisma like all the other Binder Su abilities. So, that's 10 + 1/2 effective Binder level + Cha modifier.

That definitely brings the vestige up to par for its level.

GenghisDon
2012-08-30, 08:55 PM
Honestly, I was looking over all the L6 vestiges, Chupoclops was just first on the list...I was kinda underwhelmed by half of them.

Chupoclops looks good, IF poison bite has poison
Haures looks good
Ipos seems fine
Shax is pretty situational
ditto for Zagan

On Ipos, shouldn't rend deal str bonus x1.5 damage? doesn't rend always add that?
another typo/error?