PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun 4e: Screaming Nightmare (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Daravon_35
2012-08-30, 05:50 PM
May 10th 2073 10:37pm

A steady drizzle works it's way over the city. Whether you've been here your whole life or just a few days, you're already sick of it. But then again what did you expect? You're in a city famed for it's rainfall, you're in Seattle, the last vestige of the UCAS on the west coast.

The night's dark, made darker by the clouds overhead. If you were in any other place the neon lights and glow of constant AR signs would lite up the place like Time Square, but you found yourself in a dirty little rathole of a bar. It's rumored to have a light show out back, some say it's the Aurora Borealis, others think it's just something the bartender puts in the drinks. Either way, you've seen it and it's real.

The Aurora - Auburn 304th Street E & 132nd Avenue E
This poorly lit bar is just where you feel you belong. A place with cheap drinks and no fancy clientele. A place where you can be yourself.

The booze is cheap, not good, but cheap. They've got some wannabe on the stage, hoping to be the next Maria Mercurial, singing her head off.

Rhyno
You've come to this bar primarily looking for Hurlg. You've heard around that an Ork called Jut Tooth is selling it cheap.

You're squatmate Kit has come along as well.

Kit
You're squatmate Rhyno was going out to this bar tonight and whether he invited you or not, you came along to hang out and have a good time. The booze is cheap and it's a place to be.

Mick
You've come to this bar primarily look for Betel. You've heard around that an Ork called Jut Tooth is selling it cheap.

Damian
You've come to the bar looking for a run. You've heard this bar is the place desperate shadowrunners come when they need a job. With money running low, you figure you need to score something before you're squatting in the ashes yourself. Plus if you don't happen to find a job, at least the booze is cheap.

Note: Puyallup is ash covered from the Mount Rainer eruption.

BudgetDM
2012-08-30, 08:12 PM
PAN Status: Passive

Rhyno walks right up to the bar.

"Hey! Bartender. Gimme one of the strongest thing ya got."

RandomLunatic
2012-08-30, 10:05 PM

Mick paused at the bar's entrance, shaking what water he could from his coat. Then he sidled over to the bar. As he went, he let his vision shift over to the Astral Plane, seeing what the joint had in the way of magical security.

Karen Lynn
2012-08-31, 12:35 AM
PAN: Passive

Kit, having tailed Rhyno from the squat to this bar, stays outside a bit, watching others come and go, getting used to the scents of others passing through. After a half hour, she slips in, locates Rhyno's scent, and sits elsewhere, perching cross legged atop a bar stool with clear sight of the front door. Her tail is wrapped around her waist, hidden by her coat.

I see why Rhyno likes it here. Smells like him. Or does he smell like it? Need some nuyen. Need work. Where is the guy Miko said to talk to? she asks herself. She keeps an eye out.

Telasi
2012-08-31, 01:28 AM
PAN (Caliban/Disposable): Hidden/Passive.
Vision augments: Image Link (for AR), Thermographic, Enhancement 2, Flare Comp.

Damian orders a modest beer and finds a seat that affords as good a view of the other customers as possible, preferably one that also gives a decent view of the entrances and exits. Once settled in, he casually surveys the clientele, taking note of anyone who looks dangerous or otherwise stands out. For good measure, he also runs a scan for any hidden nodes and tags them on his image link (using skinlink on the Caliban+datajack to do the whole thing via mental commands even in AR).

Perception to spot any weapons/other oddities.
Intuition 3 + Perception 1 + Enhancement 2:[roll0]

Scan for all hidden nodes within Signal (15, 1 Combat turn; extended test) below. Rolling 10, but shouldn't take that long to finish.
Logic 6+EW 2 w/Scan 5:[roll1]
Logic 6+EW 2 w/Scan 5:[roll2]
Logic 6+EW 2 w/Scan 5:[roll3]
Logic 6+EW 2 w/Scan 5:[roll4]
Logic 6+EW 2 w/Scan 5:[roll5]
Logic 6+EW 2 w/Scan 5:[roll6]
Logic 6+EW 2 w/Scan 5:[roll7]
Logic 6+EW 2 w/Scan 5:[roll8]
Logic 6+EW 2 w/Scan 5:[roll9]
Logic 6+EW 2 w/Scan 5:[roll10]

Edit: Heh. Finished after 5 turns, and the next one would have been a crit glitch. That's funny.

Daravon_35
2012-08-31, 03:41 AM
Rhyno
The ork bartender looks... up at you. His eyes grin as he pulls out a bottle filled with black liquid. He chuckles a little as he pops the cork and pours two shots.

"Hehehe, it's been so long since anyone's ordered this. Strongest we gots, I tell ya. I make it myself. Heck it's been so long I'll join you."

He slides one of the shots to you and downs his own.

Mick
You notice three other auras in the bar besides yourself. Two look normal, a third is that of a fox.

Kit
The clientele you observed entering all seemed a little bit of the same. All poor, all sad or angry, and all armed.

You can see Rhyno down at the other end of the bar, he's already getting himself a drink, but you can't seem to see the person Miko described.

Damian
The bartender hands you your beer and you manage to find a decent enough place to sit and try to enjoy it. As your eyes scan the room, you realize almost everyone around you is carrying and everyone looks dangerous.

In particular you notice a larger than normal ork, with four men in the corner. They all seem slightly more armed then the rest of the clientele.

There's a couple of people actually listening to the banshee on stage.

And there seems to be a small group of elves, perhaps belonging to a gang being rowdy in another corner.

After briefly messing about, you are able to scan and tag a good 20 or so nodes of the people in the bar, including a few outside.

Karen Lynn
2012-08-31, 04:05 AM
Not seeing him, she decides to sit with Rhyno. She slips off her stool and works her way through the crowd, hopping up on the bar stool beside him.

"Hello, my friend." She smiles up at Rhyno before ordering a light beer. "So, this is the famous Aurora?"

RandomLunatic
2012-08-31, 01:57 PM
Active Visual Enhancements: Flare Compensation
Active Audio Enhancements: Audio Enhancement 3, Spatial Recognizer

So the normal crowd-wait, what? Mick thought to himself, doing a double-take.

BudgetDM
2012-08-31, 06:52 PM
"Hello, my friend." She smiles up at Rhyno before ordering a light beer. "So, this is the famous Aurora?"

"Yep! It's a great place as long a no-one tries to shoot ya," says Rhyno taking a drink, "or hit ya by mistake cuz they're to drunk too shoot straight."

I've been on both side of that equation.

Karen Lynn
2012-08-31, 11:29 PM
"I wonder if anyone is drunk enough to put that wailing creature on the stage out of our misery. I swear, her voice pierces my ears." she sips at her beer after it's served, paying the tender in nuyen and a smile.

RandomLunatic
2012-09-01, 04:42 PM

Huh, Mick thought as he bellied up to the bar, blinking and returning his sight to the material world, and the barkeep looking at him expectantly. "I'll have one of whatever's on tap," he said. In this sort of dive, there was only one type of booze anyway-terrible.

As the barkeep returned, he placed a small wad of currency on the bar, bu kept is crushed under his palm. "Hey, can you help me out? I'm looking for an ork called Jut Tooth. I heard I could find him here."

Daravon_35
2012-09-01, 08:43 PM
Kit
"Hoi ya breeder, that's me daughter yer talking about. If yoos thinks you can do any better, feel free to git up on the stage youself."

The bartender barks back at you.

Mick
The bartender grins, after chewing out out a lady apparently making remarks about the singing.

"Hoi chummer, sure thing." He says as he fills you up a drink from draft.

As he slides it on over he looks down at the nuyen, then grins some more. Then nods his head in indication of a slightly larger than normal ork sitting with four others, all human, in the corner of the bar.

"He be the one with the big ol'tooths." The bartender says with a laugh.

RandomLunatic
2012-09-01, 09:23 PM

"With a name like that, I should've known," Mick said with a self-deprecating smirk. Sliding the money across the bar, he relinquished his grip and said, "Keep the change."

Mick took a couple swigs while observing his targets in both physical and astral. He preferred playing with a stacked deck.

Karen Lynn
2012-09-01, 11:42 PM
Having half a glass of liquid courage, she sits up straight and smiles. "I think I will." She hops down and weaves through the patrons towards the stage, and waits for the girl to finish her current song. She smiles and waves the singer down. "Your old man told me to come up and sing one, give you a short break."

Telasi
2012-09-02, 12:05 AM
Spotting the new girl heading to the stage, Damian decides to take advantage of the upcoming distraction to try a minor trick. If there's folks here to hire, then this ought to get their attention. Here goes nothing, anyway.

I'm going to buy 2 hits on Matrix Perception (Logic 6 + Computer 2 = 8 dice) to get the barkeep's Access ID and Firewall rating. I should be able to figure out what node is his trivially given the work I've done already and the fact I can triangulate thanks to having to comms on my person. If not, let me know what, if anything, you want me to roll.

Using the Access ID, I'm then going to spoof a command to dim the lights except for those lighting the stage, effectively spotlighting Kit. This whole thing will take less than 6 seconds, so it should be trivial to get done in synch with Kit getting up on stage.

Spoof check opposed by System + Firewall on the lights.
Logic 6 + Hacking 4: [roll0]

RandomLunatic
2012-09-02, 01:00 AM

Seeing the girl leave the bar and mount the stage, Mick remarked to the bartender, "Oh, so it's open mike night."

Karen Lynn
2012-09-02, 02:05 AM
The spotlight and beer making her warm, she goes bold by tossing lined coat to one side of the stage, and unfurls her meter long tail. It's over half her height in length, with her standing at just over 5'. She's wearing a loose shirt that emphasizes her slim figure by contrast, and a knee length skirt that she favors for its mobility.

Why am I doing this? Its so stupid! Smiling nervously, she begins singing to Avril Lavigne's Complicated.

"Uh huh, life's like this. Uh huh, uh huh, that's the way it is..."

Kit starts to sway and swing her hips to the beat, rocking out and building up energy through the song. She goes through the lyrics and motions, singing best she can. After two minutes, she winds down for the last bit.

"... Promise me I'm never gonna find you fake it, no no no..."

After the music stops, she walks over, grabs her coat, and heads back to the bar, smiling to anyone who complements her singing.

BudgetDM
2012-09-03, 01:24 PM
After the music stops, she walks over, grabs her coat, and heads back to the bar, smiling to anyone who complements her singing.

good job, Rhyno texts to Kit*.

*Regardless of actual quality.

Daravon_35
2012-09-04, 10:41 PM
Mick
"I spose it is." the bartender mutters in response.

As the lights dim and the spotlight effectively forms on the woman getting on stage, the bartender gives a bewildered look, before glancing at the empty shot glass in front of him, and then shaking his head.

Kit
As you get on stage, the lights seem to dim and brighten up all around you, forming a makeshift spotlight. As you sing, you can't quite tell whether your song is a hit of a flop. Some of the patrons seem to be smiling and bobbing their head in rhythm with you, while others are clearly ignoring you. Perhaps it's just that they're all drunk, in either case.

The same is to be said of when you reveal your tail. No one seems to either notice or quite care.

As you finish your song and walk back to the bar, you can already hear the banshee start up her next song. On the way a couple of the patrons glance at you, but none give complements.

Damian
If anyone takes notice, they haven't approached you.... yet.

Telasi
2012-09-04, 11:13 PM
Damian returns the lights to their former setting, then shoots off a message to the barkeeper. You noticed the lights; that was my work. Harmless, but it should demonstrate that I have more technical skill than the typical patron here. I understand that this bar sometimes hosts those looking for people with particular skillsets. I would appreciate it if you would direct me to them.

Karen Lynn
2012-09-05, 05:05 PM
Kit smiles up at Rhyno. "Thanks. It was kind of fun. Maybe I'll practice some." she keeps her tail wrapped under her coat. "I just need to find some work. My friend hasn't called in a while looking for anything."

BudgetDM
2012-09-05, 09:25 PM
Kit smiles up at Rhyno. "Thanks. It was kind of fun. Maybe I'll practice some." she keeps her tail wrapped under her coat. "I just need to find some work. My friend hasn't called in a while looking for anything."

"Lookin' for a job? Need some help? I'm gettin' a mite low on cash myself."

Karen Lynn
2012-09-05, 10:02 PM
"Of course, Rhyno. I could always use your help." She flags down the bartender. "That wasn't very nice, the thing with the lights. Still, I deserved it. May I have another bottle of beer?"

RandomLunatic
2012-09-05, 10:29 PM

"Yeah, the things they're doing with body modification these days, huh?" Mick said, noticing the barkeep's expression.

I've got to get out of here before I lose my hearing to that harpy, he thought, regretting his decision not to shell out for a sound filter on his earbuds.

To that end, he and his beer got up and headed for Jut Fang's table. As he drew near, he said, "Hoi, is this a private party, or can anybody pull up a chair?"

Daravon_35
2012-09-08, 11:10 AM
May 10th 2073 10:55pm

Damian
A couple of seconds later you receive a text back. That was you eh? I thought it might have just been something I drank. Yeah, you heard right. I can think of a couple of people that could use your skills and I would be happy to direct them to you, for 200¥.

Mick

"Not like me darling, shes got a natrul beauty too her voice." The bartender responds, in between a couple of orders.

As you approached the table, the large ork looks up at you, his tusks clearly visible, even more so as he attempts a smile. "Hoi, Chum. Depends, what kind of party are you looking for? As he says this, the others around him start to laugh, as if they're in on some kind of a joke.

Kit & Rhyno
"Sure ting. By the way, yoos ain't half bad. What kind of voice mod, yoos got anyways?" The bartender asks Kits as he hands over her beer.

Suddenly though, a group of six or so elves, it's hard to get an actual count, seem to surround the two of you. Some of them are modified, others you can't quite tell, but one thing is for sure, they all belong to the same gang.

One of the go-gangers, looks to Kit, leaning in as he puts his arm on her shoulder. "Hoi, sweets. That was a real nice song, you sang up there.

"Yeah! Real nice!" Another one of the gangers, pipes in.

"How's about you come out and hang with me and my friends? Maybe you can show off that tail of yours some more to us?" The one leaning on Kit says, as some of the others start to laugh.

Karen Lynn
2012-09-08, 12:23 PM
Kit starts to say she doesn't have any mods, then spots the elves. As soon as she feels his arm around her, she tries to pull away from the elf.

"I'm sorry. I am here with my boyfriend. Rhyno, can you help me out, please?"

RandomLunatic
2012-09-08, 04:38 PM

"Actually, I was hoping to do business," Mick said.

BudgetDM
2012-09-08, 07:48 PM
"I'm sorry. I am here with my boyfriend. Rhyno, can you help me out, please?"

It takes Rhyno's Hurlg soaked brain a couple seconds to understand the request, but when it finally clicks he stands up, pulling himself to his full height*, and says "You heard the lady, get outta here".

*Rhyno is tall by even troll standards.

Telasi
2012-09-08, 08:33 PM
Damian sends the barkeep the ¥200. You've got a bargain, omae.

Daravon_35
2012-09-09, 12:33 AM
Damian
Well seems to me you already have me number, name's Hank by the by. I'll send out yours to the right people and I'll be sure to mention your expertise.

At this point you've noticed the bar scene has shifted around a little. The elves you spotted earlier have left their booth in the corner and are now at the bar, surrounding the girl that just sung and a massive troll. A couple of patrons have since slipped out of the bar, including one of the elfs.

OOC: Seeing as you're the only one to have taken a perception test yet, I'm kind of assuming you've been keeping your eyes out on things and also because you're not currently engaged in a conversation.

OOC: Add Hank (Aurora's Bartender) to your contact's list. Contact rating: 3, Loyalty Rating: 2

Mick
"Oh you're here for business, eh?" Jut Tooth responds. "And just what kind of business might that be?" Jut Tooth continues.

The whole table seems to look back at you waiting for a response.

Kit & Rhyno
"What this Trog?" The one closest to Kit says with a sneer, as he ignores Rhyno.

The other elves seem to begin to move in closer. The one that spoke up before, piping in again. "Beat it Trog! We just want to talk with the lady, not inhale your stench."

RandomLunatic
2012-09-09, 12:54 AM
"I've heard you had a line on Betel. Cheap."

BudgetDM
2012-09-09, 05:13 PM
Kit & Rhyno
"Beat it Trog! We just want to talk with the lady, not inhale your stench."[/COLOR]

"Too. Fragging. Bad. Now buzz," he says pointing his Predator at the whoever seems to be the leader.

Karen Lynn
2012-09-09, 08:41 PM
"You heard the man, now, beat it, boys." She lays her voice thick with the insult. A tiny elf couldn't dream of handling me." She tries to break free of the elf's grip and move closer to Rhyno. "I'm not saying you have to leave or anything. I'm just saying you have to leave me alone."

Telasi
2012-09-09, 11:32 PM
Thanks, Hank. If you need a name, I go by Sohei. Damian sends off the text, takes a drink of his beer, and keeps an eye at the altercation at the bar. As soon as guns come out, Damian triggers his wired reflexes, takes cover if possible, and draws his own pistol (in that order).

Daravon_35
2012-09-12, 02:20 PM
Mick
The large ork smiles, some of his more prominent scars, showing more easily as he does."That I do, but Betel's already so cheap. Are you looking for it in bulk or perhaps you're looking for something else entirely? If you enjoy Betel, you should try Red Mescaline or Pixie Dust, if you have the talents. Those ones will really get you going"

As Jut Tooth talks to you, one of the humans to his left, seems to be watching something going on across the bar, as suddenly all four humans, get up and draw their weapons.

"Looks like some slot-head, decided to be an idiot today." Jut Tooth remarks.

Damian
As you watch, thing escalate quickly as the large troll draws a gun at one of the go-gangers. The response is almost as predicted as a couple of the go-gangers reach for their guns, the rest surprisingly cause razors to spring from their hands.

Behind the bar you can see Hank, already bringing up a shotgun to bear, as most of the rest of the bar, starts to draw their weapons as well.

Kit & Rhyno
Kit struggles attempting to break the elfs' hold on her, but fails, as he tightens his grip on her. "No need to be rough little lady." The go-ganger remarks, his lips curling into a smile, almost a laugh as he does so.

"Why would we leave you alone when we're having such a great time? You just need to ditch the Trog and everything will be bet..." The elf continues on, stopping abruptly as a Predator comes level to his face. "ter.... You hosed this up Trog. Geek'em boys."

Sounds of laughter surround you, as razors start to spring from the majority of the elfs' hands, while others reach for their own guns.

Note: I'll hopefully have the map up later tonight. If any of you have an icon they would prefer me to use to represent their character on maps, please post it or a link to it in the ooc thread.

RandomLunatic
2012-09-12, 02:41 PM
"Hrm?" Mick muttered as he took a step back and sideways so he could see what was going on while pointing his back towards the wall and not a bunch of gunmen.

Telasi
2012-09-12, 10:41 PM
With the whole situation teetering on a razor's edge, Damian takes a shot at keeping this affair non-violent. "Okay, chummers, let's put the weapons away. You're right in the middle of a bar filled with other people just as well armed as you are. That means that if somebody starts shooting, this whole place turns into a firefight. Since you lot are right in the middle, guess who dies first? With that in mind, why don't we all just put the artillery back where we got it and have a drink, yeah?"

Charisma 4 + Negotiation 4 + Tailored Pheromones 2: [roll0]

Karen Lynn
2012-09-13, 11:24 PM
Kit tries to keep her smart mouth shut, being the one that instigated the whole thing. She uses the distraction provided by the talker to try and slip free of the elf.

Daravon_35
2012-09-16, 07:42 PM
With the tension in the bar hitting a peak, even the singing has stopped, as almost every gun in the room is drawn, then comes the voice of reason.

The elf holding onto Kit seems to stop and think, his eyes glancing to the shotgun the barkeep has leveled at him and than back to Rhyno's Predator.

"This isn't worth it. Matter of fact this place is a bore, let's head out and see if we can't find some fun somewhere else." He says as he releases Kit, shoving her backwards a little as he does.

As he moves, so does the rest of the gang, their razors and weapons still out as they move through the bar towards the exit.

"We were just looking a little fun." Another one says as they go, once again causing laughter from the others.

Damian
Thanks for that, you saved me a bar bill and some clean up. I'll make sure to mention this among your other skills to those that might be looking to hire.

OOC: Put Hank's contact loyalty up to 3, he now considers you an acquaintance

Mick
"Hmm looks like not everyone's an idiot in here tonight. So, now that the distraction's are out of the way, how about we get down to business. You were looking for some uppers, yes? I've got some Red Mescaline, on the cheap." Jut Tooth says, as the humans sit back down and begin talking amongst themselves.

Kit & Rhyno
The barkeep sighs, as he puts his shotgun back down behind the bar. "Maybes I sholdn't ove had you sings after all, little lady."

Karen Lynn
2012-09-16, 08:01 PM
Kit takes her seat again, and looks up at the bar tender. "I'm sorry I caused such a big problem. I didn't think singing would lead to that, or I would've just stayed here..." She looks over at Damien and nods her head, "Thank you. You really saved my tail. This is my friend, Rhyno," she points at the troll beside her, "and my name's Kit." She holds her hand out towards him to shake, "Can I buy you a drink as thanks?"

Telasi
2012-09-17, 12:44 AM
With the threat gone, Damian safes his pistol and re-holsters it, sending a reply to Hank as he does. He also cuts out his wired reflexes once everyone has settled down. Least I could do. Place like this, everybody loses in a gunfight.

Damian shakes Kit's hand and nods to Rhyno when he's introduced. "Damian O'Reilly, and you're welcome. I'll take a beer, since your offering." With introductions done, he takes a seat before continuing. "Drekheads should've known better than to draw in here; they weren't that drunk. Everyone's packing, and we're just lucky nobody's got an itchy trigger finger. Takes some serious chrome and as much kit to have any kinda chance in a fight like that." Damian shakes his head, takes a drink, and changes the subject. "Speaking of chrome, whoever did your cosmetic work did a good job. The tail looked pretty damn natural. If you don't mind my saying, you should show something like that off more if you're gonna have it."

BudgetDM
2012-09-17, 01:32 AM
Rhyno re-holsters his Predator.

How the hell did that end without anyone getting geeked?

He listens to Kit talk with Damian, not saying anything. Confident that the gangers where gone he turns off his wired reflexes. Finally he could just enjoy in Hurlg in...

"Speaking of chrome, whoever did your cosmetic work did a good job. The tail looked pretty damn natural. If you don't mind my saying, you should show something like that off more if you're gonna have it."

Oh, frag.

hey kit do you want me to do someting to change de suject???????????

Karen Lynn
2012-09-17, 05:59 AM
Kit beams a quick reply to Rhyno, Don't worry. He's not like the elf.

She smiles at Damian's words. "You think so?" She takes her coat off, folds it, places it on her seat, and sits back on it. "Thanks. It cost a bit to get it, so I don't like keeping it covered." She buys a third beer for herself, one for Damian, and another for Rhyno. "So, Damian, what do you do? What brings you here?"

Telasi
2012-09-17, 01:23 PM
Damian takes a drink before answering. "Thanks. Last place I was got old, so I'm here to give Seattle a shot. I know Matrix and meatspace security, so I tend to do consulting and bodyguard work. If you meant in the Aurora, I'm following up a lead on a job. How 'bout you two? Just in for the karaoke?"

RandomLunatic
2012-09-17, 02:10 PM
"Leave it to elves to think they can take on a whole bar," Mick said.

"Whoa, Mesc's not an upper, its a hallucinogen. And the crash is a serious downer," he muttered, mostly to himself.

He hooked a free chair with his foot and pulled it over. "Now, if you had some Psych..." and he let the thought hang.

Karen Lynn
2012-09-18, 06:27 AM
"We're looking for some work as well. I was hoping to find some here." She drinks some more, finally relaxed after the elf incident. "Rhyno is good with guns, and I'm one who can find my way to acquire goods. I have a few specialized skills towards that end."

Daravon_35
2012-09-18, 12:20 PM
Mick
Jut Tooth leans back as if almost offended. "Woah, I wasn't ness calling Red an upper, just that you might be looking for something in that area, if Betel was your flavor. Plus I've heard those say that after taking Red they could see the Divine."

Pausing for a second, to lean in closer, he attempts another smile."But if a man knows what he wants and he wants some Psyche, who am I to argue?

How much are you looking for? And before we talk price, I want you to know if you're looking for Psyche with that little more kick, there's always Loco."

Telasi
2012-09-18, 08:59 PM
"I'll bet you do if you can afford that kind of cosmetic work. Tip, though: don't tell random guys you just met what you do, especially right after they get done telling you they do security work. Really don't tell those guys what your friends do. You're a 'freelance sourcing specialist,' which means exactly the same thing but sounds much more legit because people think 'corp' instead of 'thief'. Your buddy there is a 'personal security consultant' for the same reason; it sounds like 'bodyguard' instead of 'psychopath.'"

Karen Lynn
2012-09-18, 09:57 PM
"Oh, thank you..." She focuses on her drink, keeping quiet and mulling it over for a minute. "Freelance sourcing specialist. I like that. And this is my security consultant, Rhyno." She then spins about in her seat, her tail swishing back, and looks about the barroom. "Well, my other friend has not shown. I was looking forward to work tonight. Looks like singing caused too much excitement. Ah well. Not like things can get anymore crazy tonight..." She continues to look about, sipping at her final beer.

BudgetDM
2012-09-18, 10:32 PM
"I'll bet you do if you can afford that kind of cosmetic work. Tip, though: don't tell random guys you just met what you do, especially right after they get done telling you they do security work. Really don't tell those guys what your friends do. You're a 'freelance sourcing specialist,' which means exactly the same thing but sounds much more legit because people think 'corp' instead of 'thief'. Your buddy there is a 'personal security consultant' for the same reason; it sounds like 'bodyguard' instead of 'psychopath.'"

"Hey! I ain't no pystopat. I dun shoot people for fun. I just gotta pay my rent, and my Russian literature degree ain't in demand."

"Ah well. Not like things can get anymore crazy tonight..."

Rhyno winces when Kit says this.

"Dun say things like that. The last time someone said something like that around me I ended the night with me learnin' how to say 'internal bleedin'' in Portuguese."

Rhyno pauses then add, "'s 'hemorragia interna', by the way."

Telasi
2012-09-18, 11:04 PM
Damian holds up his hands in a combination defensive and placating gesture. "Whoa, chummer, relax. I'm just sayin' what people will think if all they know is that you're 'good with guns,' wakarimasu ka? And Russian Lit? Omae, I think you just beat all the philosophy I used to read for drek nobody cares about. Takes iron will to read some of that stuff."

Turning his attention back to Kit, he continues. "He's right, though; somebody not showing tends to be a sign of bad things to come."

Karen Lynn
2012-09-19, 03:33 PM
"Well, if a person not showing is a bad sign, and we have a bunch of angry elves probably waiting just outside, then I need some water.

Daravon_35
2012-09-21, 09:55 PM
May 10th 2073 11:30pm

The bar's scene hasn't changed much in the hour or so you've been here and in fact except for the close call with the elves, this place is seeming a bit more friendly, a bit more hospitable. More and more your kind of bar.

Even the singing's gotten better, or maybe you're just drunk.

Mick
Jut Tooth leans back as if almost offended. "Woah, I wasn't ness calling Red an upper, just that you might be looking for something in that area, if Betel was your flavor. Plus I've heard those say that after taking Red they could see the Divine."

Pausing for a second, to lean in closer, he attempts another smile."But if a man knows what he wants and he wants some Psyche, who am I to argue?

How much are you looking for? And before we talk price, I want you to know if you're looking for Psyche with that little more kick, there's always Loco."

OOC: This was posted above, reposted, because I'm not sure if you missed it or have been busy.

Kit, Rhyno, & Damian
As your convo peeters out the barkeep leans on in as if he's speaking to all of you.

"Hoos yous ben expecting der little lady? Perhaps I nose them."

Karen Lynn
2012-09-22, 03:21 PM
"I was waiting on a male my friend set me up to meet. Miko said he would be here, but didn't tell me his name. Just that he was magically inclined and looking to purchase the use of a private courier." she looks around the bar, popping astral as she does.

Daravon_35
2012-09-23, 12:38 AM
Kit, Rhyno, & Damian
"Hmm we dont tend to gits too many magik types round here. But if yoos be looking, I'd go ask Johnny over there." The barkeep responds, his large finger pointing over towards a human sitting alone in a booth.

From the looks of it, he's probably a mage, as his outfit seems to be hermetic

Kit
OOC: I assume you're looking for other active astral auras, but are not assensing, correct?

If so, you see three other magical auras in the bar.
One is the man the barkeep pointed out.
Another is standing and talking with a group in the bottom left corner of the bar.
The third is sitting in another booth with a couple of people.

RandomLunatic
2012-09-23, 12:47 AM
(No, I responded. The forum must have eaten it.))

Mick sat down. "Well... maybe half a dozen for starters?"

Karen Lynn
2012-09-23, 01:01 AM
"Ok, thank you." Kit switches back to material and walks over to him, sitting in the booth. "Hello. You wouldn't happen to know a lady named Miko, would you?"

Daravon_35
2012-09-23, 02:48 PM
Mick
The four humans adjust around the table, giving you more room to sit as the large ork looks over the table at you, as he grins once more. "1000¥ for half a dozen."

You can tell he and his friends are all business now.

Rhyno & Damian
As Kit wanders off in the direction the barkeep pointed, you both notice two women approach the bar and order drinks. They order the cheap stuff and from what you can tell, they are both chromed up and packing.

In between drinks they seem to be talking and glancing in your direction and smiling.

If you have Cyberears w/ either Audio Enhancement or Sound Filter at 2+ or 2 or more hits on a perception test w/ a -1 modifier

Yeah, you see that troll over there?" the blonde says.

"I was more looking at his friend." her friend responds.

Kit

The booth is poorly lit, making it a little hard to see the man sitting across from you. He looks over to you, somewhat surprised, as he attempts to hide it. His eyes are red, from what, you're not quite sure, and you notice a datajack back behind his left ear. "Mi.. Miko?" He slurs out. "Fraid I don't know them. Should I?"

OOC: Miko has a connection rating of 1, so it's very low. The book suggests most connection 1 contacts would be mainly used for their knowledge skills and not much else. If you're looking to have a regular fixer, I'd suggest a connection rating of at least 3.

RandomLunatic
2012-09-24, 12:13 AM
"Hmm, a bit steep, but if you throw in ten packs* of Betel I think I can manage it."

*-Which I arbitrarily define as each containing ten pieces of gum

Karen Lynn
2012-09-24, 12:45 AM
"I guess not. Just looking for a friend for some work. Sorry." She'll get up and walk back to the bar between Rhyno and Damian, hopping up on her stool. If the bartender comes by, she'll say, "Thanks, but I guess he's not quite coherent right now."

Daravon_35
2012-09-24, 05:20 PM
May 10th 2073 11:40pm

Mick
Jut Tooth laughs as he talks. "I love when they try to bargain."

He pauses looking over the table at you as his eyes size you up.

"If you think you can find better prices then mine you're free to look, but I know you won't. But I also won't begrudge you for trying to bargain. I'll throw in one pack of Betel, because you amused me."

Kit, Damian, & Rhyno

The barkeep looks to Kit as she returns. "Hmmm no luck ehs? Toos bad, Johnny was some wiz slinger back in da day. Des dayz he seems burnt out a bit too oftin. But if yoo be lookin for a magik type, he'd be da one ta help yoo." As the bartender finishes talking, Kit feels a light tapping on her shoulder, as the voice of Johnny comes from behind her.

"You said there's work? I may not know this Miko character, but is she's here and magically inclined I can find her and if she's not here, I may know people that do or at least be able to point you in the right direction."

As they converse, the two girls who had been glancing Rhyno and Damian's way order another round.

If you have Cyberears w/ either Audio Enhancement or Sound Filter at 2+ or 2 or more hits on a perception test w/ a -1 modifier
"Oh yeah definitely those two. No one else in this bar looks good enough." The blonde remarks again to her friend.

The two girls seem to finish up their conversation as they move down the bar. The blonde sliding up next to Rhyno, the brunette next to Damian. "Haven't seen you or your friend here before. New to town?" The brunette asks Damian.

Her blonde friend just smiles at Rhyno, before asking, "What are you drinking there big guy?"

Karen Lynn
2012-09-24, 08:28 PM
She jumps at Johnny tapping her shoulder. "You said there's work? I may not know this Miko character, but is she's here and magically inclined I can find her and if she's not here, I may know people that do or at least be able to point you in the right direction."

Kit replies: "I thought there was work, but I guess I was mistaken. I know where my friend is, and I'll just call her later for work."

If Johnny leaves after, she'll send a text to Miko asking where the guy is, and why he hadn't shown yet.

BudgetDM
2012-09-24, 10:10 PM
Kit, Damian, & Rhyno

Her blonde friend just smiles at Rhyno, before asking, "What are you drinking there big guy?"

Rhyno's eyes take a second to focus on the woman then he answers,"'s Hurlg. I shwear by the shtuff, but I maybe a bit strong for ya."

RandomLunatic
2012-09-25, 02:20 AM
Mick was a bit annoyed by the Ork's attitude, but did his best to keep it from showing. He did not have a whole lot of leverage here, and he knew it. "All right. How soon can you deliver?"

Daravon_35
2012-09-25, 05:43 PM
Mick
Jut Tooth leaned back, both of his arms moving down under the table and then reappearing above with six slap patches under his mitt. "For just half a dozen? Right now. And for your gum..." As he says the final part he glances to the man to his left who reaches into his pocket to produce a single pack of Betel*.

"And now, your payment?"

*Ten pieces in the pack.

Kit
Konbanwa my little Kit. The contact never showed? That's grave news, he was supposed to be there by 11pm. I'll look into it, but for now keep your eyes open.

OOC: More at the bar will happen once I know if Telasi wants Damian to respond or not.

Telasi
2012-09-25, 09:21 PM
"New to the Aurora. Seems like I've been missing out on the best in old Chinese curses. Oh, yeah, and I almost forgot the attractive women." Damian smiles, showing he's kidding. "Before you beat me up, I promise that was my one stupid line tonight. I'm Damian."

RandomLunatic
2012-09-25, 09:49 PM
By way of response, Mick reached into his own pocket, produced a credstick, made a show of checking the balance, set it on the table, and pushed it towards the ork.

Karen Lynn
2012-09-26, 12:32 AM
Thank you, my friend. I will keep alert. Kit will turn her attention to the new arrivals now talking to Rhyno and Damian. She will listen to them, keeping her eyes over the rest of the bar.

Daravon_35
2012-09-27, 10:50 AM
Mick

Jut Tooth's hand slides out to the middle of the table, scooping up the credstick as he leaves the six slap patches of psyche, the human to his left tosses the pack of Betel in as well.

Jut's hand moves back, checking the balance before he deposits the credstick inside his jacket and then smiles at you. "Pleasure doing business with you, anything else I can help you with tonight?"

OOC: Assuming you didn't short him, remember to remove the 1k ¥ from your sheet please.

Damian, Rhyno, & Kit

The blonde smiles again at Rhyno. "I've never turned down a strong drink before." She says as she orders a round for both of you. Smiling once more, she raises her glass to you, "Bottoms up!"

The brunette chuckles at Damian's "joke", before introducing herself. "My name's Scarlet and that's my friend Topaz and since you're new to Aurora let me be one of the first to welcome to you our shining star of a bar in Seattle" Scarlet says in between drinks, still smiling at Damian.

BudgetDM
2012-09-27, 09:55 PM
Damian, Rhyno, & Kit

The blonde smiles again at Rhyno. "I've never turned down a strong drink before." She says as she orders a round for both of you. Smiling once more, she raises her glass to you, "Bottoms up!"

"Cheers," says Rhyno as he starts to drink.

Tough gal, Ryhno thinks as he watches the blonde drink, Lotsa people are to scared of the stories of people ending up in the ICU to give Hurlg a chance.

Telasi
2012-09-28, 12:04 AM
Damian sends a quick text (mentally, of course) to Hank to verify what he can of Scarlet's story. Hank, do you happen to know these two?

"Thanks, Scarlet. So, wh... Whoa." He does a double take after a casual glance to check on Rhyno. "Does she usually challenge trolls to hurlg drinking contests?"

RandomLunatic
2012-09-28, 12:46 AM
"No, thanks, I think I'm good for now," Mick said, collecting the patches and pack. Rising from his chair, his lifted his mug in salute, to discover it was empty. When did that happen? he wondered. "So I will bid you a good night." He headed back to the bar for a refill.

Karen Lynn
2012-09-29, 08:57 AM
Getting a little nervous with the wait, the no-show, and the new girls, Kit closes her eyes and tries to relax. She then attempts to discern the scent of the new girls from the rest of the bar.

Daravon_35
2012-09-29, 08:37 PM
Mick
Half way to the bar you feel a hand on your shoulder and the voice of one of Jut Tooth's human pals behind you. "One moment, bud." The voice says, as suddenly a small ork face with large tusks pops up on your commlink image, as it then fades into your contacts list.

"Just in case you need to get in touch with us." The voice says as it trails back behind you, presumably returning to the table in the corner.

At the bar a small scene is going on. The barkeep seems a little busy tending to some of the usual rabbles, as two pretty human females seem to be hitting almost awkwardly on a very large troll and another human, while the one time singer from earlier tonight looks on.

OOC: Add Jut Tooth to your contact list at Loyalty 1, Connection 3. Also did you have 2.2k or 3.2k before the purchase of the psyche? I thought it was 2.2k, so should be down to 1.2k, yes?

Rhyno, Kit, & Damian
As Rhyno downs his Hurlg the blonde does as well, she then smiles again, not even seeming to notice the strength of the stuff. "I'm Topaz, by the way. And you are?" She says as she orders you both another round of Hurlg.

Scarlet sighs, as she glances over to Topaz, in response to Damian's question. "Unfortunately... yes. I'm sure I'll be dragging her home tonight or perhaps picking her up from somewhere come morning. It seems she's always trying to out drink some ork or troll or whoever looks the toughest in the place." She pauses for a moment as she looks back to Damian.

"So are you just new to Aurora or to Seattle itself? If so there's plenty of places that have to been seen."

Damian

Hank text's you back:

Seen them a couple of times before, not much. Always seem to be hitting on someone or another. I think they may be shadowrunner groupies or something.

BudgetDM
2012-09-30, 12:30 AM
Rhyno, Kit, & Damian
As Rhyno downs his Hurlg the blonde does as well, she then smiles again, not even seeming to notice the strength of the stuff. "I'm Topaz, by the way. And you are?" She says as she orders you both another round of Hurlg.

"Names Rhyno. Nice to meetcha," Rhyno says then adds, "You oughta slow down there, Hurlg should be savored."

Rhyno then texts Kit.

hey kit im to wastedd to remember but do u kwno how 2 tel if some1 has alkhol poisonin? it mayb important

Karen Lynn
2012-09-30, 01:52 AM
Getting the brunette's scent, then the text from Rhyno makes Kit smile. She shakes her head, chuckling. In response, she sends, Not yet, but I'll look it up. I knew I should've bought the frame for a detox spell after that last job.

After sending that to Rhyno, she'll check out the new mage approaching the bar.

Telasi
2012-10-01, 10:42 PM
"Persistent, aren't you? Okay, I'm kinda new to Seattle. Not just-got-off-the-bus new, but I've only been here a couple months now. I'm sure there's plenty I haven't seen yet, so why don't you go ahead and tell me?"

Daravon_35
2012-10-06, 06:13 PM
Rhyno, Kit, & Damian
"Noted! So since I got the last round, how about you get this one and then you can show me how I should savor it." Topaz says, smiling once more to Rhyno.

"Hmm... that depends on what you've already seen. " Scarlet say as she stops to think for a moment before continuing. "Also depends exactly what you're looking for. If it's a bar or nightclub than you're in luck. There's Club Penumbra, Matchsticks, Dante's Inferno, and Alabaster Maiden. Our biggest attractions are probably either Council Island or the Space Needle." She stops and laughs, place her hand on Damian's shoulder. "Listen to me, I must sound like a travel agent. You know.. If it's danger that excites you. We could always head to the Ork Underground."

Mick
As you approach the bar you notice the one time singer, who the gang of elves were hassling earlier, looking your way. You also notice the large troll she was with now drinking with a blonde, as the man who stopped the bar brawl is standing next to him talking to a brunette. It seems they're all getting quite chummy with each other.

RandomLunatic
2012-10-07, 03:15 PM
"Thanks," he told the thug and went on his way.

Mick awarded the singer with a smile and a small wave as he drew near and climbed up on the next stool. With his free hand, he turned on his comm's recording function. He had never gotten a chance to speak with a sapient non-meta before-he would want to go over this later. "Don't worry, you're not the first girl who couldn't keep her eyes off of me. I'm used to it by now," he said with a smile and a wink. "I'll take a refill," he told the barkeep and then checked to see if the shifter had a drink. If not, he ordered one for her too, explaining in whisper "I owe you that much for giving me a break from that banshee."

"I'm Mick, by the way," he said, extending a hand. "And if you'll forgive me for sounding trite, what's a girl like you," putting extra emphasis on the word so she would know what he meant, "Doing in a place like this?"

Karen Lynn
2012-10-07, 06:33 PM
Kit smiles politely at his comment, then thanks him for the beer. "I'm glad someone thought I did well, and not lead it to a bar fight." When he introduces himself, she takes and shakes his hand. "Hello, Mick. I'm Kit." She raises an eyebrow at the emphasis, then points behind her to Rhyno. "I'm with my friend, here. Thought I would come out for once."

BudgetDM
2012-10-08, 02:35 AM
"Noted! So since I got the last round, how about you get this one and then you can show me how I should savor it." Topaz says, smiling once more to Rhyno.

"Okay, sure," says Rhyno as he orders the next round.

Once it arrives, Rhyno proceeds to drink it slowly.

Really, it's not that complicated.

Daravon_35
2012-10-11, 07:06 PM
Rhyno
Topaz giggles as she lifts the drink up and begins to comsumer is slower than before, but still at a fast pace.

"Frag.. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Let's try that again." She says as she orders you both another round, even before you've finished your current.

RandomLunatic
2012-10-12, 12:12 AM
"I've never found gunplay to be a good way to thank somebody for anything," Mick said. After a moment's contemplation, he corrected, "Unless she's into that kind of thing.

"Looks like your friend's made some new friends," Mick observed, looking at the girls talking to the trolls both physically and astrally.

Telasi
2012-10-12, 02:04 PM
"I think narrowly dodging a gunfight is enough danger for one night. Well, dodging might be premature; could still have some elves waiting outside." Damian shrugs. "We're just a popular bunch tonight, I guess. Enough about me, though. Why don't you tell me something about yourself, besides the fact you'd be a decent travel agent?"

BudgetDM
2012-10-12, 10:09 PM
Rhyno
Topaz giggles as she lifts the drink up and begins to comsumer is slower than before, but still at a fast pace.

"Frag.. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Let's try that again." She says as she orders you both another round, even before you've finished your current.

Rhyno shakes his head and continues drinking at the same pace.

Karen Lynn
2012-10-15, 06:04 PM
"Gun play is definitely not what I call a good time." She drinks some, then smiles. "It does look that way. Its always good yo have new friends. Kit finishes her drink, stands and stretches. "I need to get some air. I'm going to step outside for a minute." With that, she'll head to the front door, pausing as she does to give Mick a chance to follow.

RandomLunatic
2012-10-15, 08:04 PM
Mick looked up the bar and sighed. Still, blondes were a nuyen a dozen, even the naturals. And cockblocking a troll was never a good plan. I can go with you, if you like," he offered. "You never know where those elves could turn up."

Karen Lynn
2012-10-15, 09:28 PM
"i'd like that. A girl can never be too careful." On the way out, she'll stop by the door and let Mick go first, popping astral as she does and assensing him.

RandomLunatic
2012-10-15, 10:23 PM
Mick stepped out and looked around for angry elves...

Karen Lynn
2012-10-16, 09:52 AM
And if no elves are out there according to Mick, Kit will follow him out.

Daravon_35
2012-10-16, 09:13 PM
May 11th 2073 12:02am

Mick

Once out of the Aurora, you glance around the warm Seattle night. To your right you spot three elves smoking nicosticks and chatting. When you exit they glance your way for a moment and nod their heads toward you, as they go back to smoking and chatting amongst themselves.

You notice that they are wearing the same colors as the elves in the bar, but you don't seem to recognize any of them.

Other than that the parking lot in front of the bar is empty, except for various customers' vehicles.

Damian & Rhyno

Topaz giggles a little more as she watches Rhyno consume his beverage. Finally reaching out and taking her new drink, this time she starts to consume it at a nice slow pace. "Yay!" She exclaims. "It's seems I'm finally catching on." Her eyes seem to trail as she looks back behind the large troll, glancing over the barroom.

"So... what do you do for fun? I bet you have some interesting stories." She inquires.

"Hmm.. something about me?" Scarlet says as if pondering about it. "Well besides being Seattles number one travel agent and guide." She pauses, as she smirks at her own bad joke. "I'm a corporate secretary for Ares. One of their main buildings in Downtown. You know just another boring job. I doubt nearly as exciting as anything you might do."

RandomLunatic
2012-10-16, 09:26 PM
((How far away are they?))

Mick nodded back, reaching into his pocket and producing his keys. He casually tossed them to his other hand-and missed. Turning and stooping to retrieve them, he said in an aside to Kit, "Three of 'em, close, same colors as your friends. All new faces, though."

Karen Lynn
2012-10-17, 01:01 AM
"Well, if it's just three..." Kit will follow him out, figuring three elves, even if they are razor boys, shouldn't be too much issue between two awakend acquaintances. Regardless, she will still take the time to cast Area Thought Recognition for the sake of keeping an eye out. She stalls in the door for a couple seconds as the Shamanic Mask of Fox comes over her in the process.

RandomLunatic
2012-10-17, 01:36 AM
"Really?" Mick asked in a harsh whisper. "Damnit. Dumb slitch." Collecting and pocketing his keys, he had to act fast. He took a quick look around to see what cover was nearby other than the door of the Aurora. Activating his power focus, he quickly called in some backup...

Karen Lynn
2012-10-17, 01:47 AM
After the mask fades, Kit glares at Mick. "What? I'm not for getting jumped from behind. I'm just keeping an eye out." She growls under her breath, and steps away from the door. She leans against the wall, about five feet from the door on the opposite side from the keeblers.

BudgetDM
2012-10-20, 02:21 AM
May 11th 2073 12:02am

Damian & Rhyno

Topaz giggles a little more as she watches Rhyno consume his beverage. Finally reaching out and taking her new drink, this time she starts to consume it at a nice slow pace. "Yay!" She exclaims. "It's seems I'm finally catching on." Her eyes seem to trail as she looks back behind the large troll, glancing over the barroom.

"So... what do you do for fun? I bet you have some interesting stories." She inquires.

"Yep, I do. I'd tell you some if I was sober enough to remember 'em."

Daravon_35
2012-10-20, 03:09 PM
Kit

As you finish casting your spell the thoughts of the three go-gangers come through clearly. They are all thinking of a fox tail. No thoughts come through from Mick.

But despite the elves' thoughts they don't move or glance your way again as they just stand there, two of them leaning up against the side of the building as they continue to chat and smoke.

Mick

The elves don't make a move or another glance towards Kit or yourself. As your back up appears in the astral plane, it's form is that of a old man, his clothes old and raggedy. It struggles against your will and finally succumbs, it's will was strong, but yours was stronger.

Rhyno & Damian

Topaz laughs again, in response to Rhyno's remark. "This stuff is pretty strong... perhaps I shouldn't have downed those others so fast." She gets out, as she begins to lose her balance.

Damian
From behind the brunette you just glance Kit in the doorway of the bar casting some kind of spell.

Karen Lynn
2012-10-20, 03:31 PM
"Those three are here for me." Kit whispers to Mick. "I'm not taking my coat off. They're looking for my tail."

RandomLunatic
2012-10-20, 04:28 PM
Some sort of mind-reading spell. Good to know.

"I wasn't asking," Mick pointed out. "Any other features they're looking for?"

Karen Lynn
2012-10-20, 04:37 PM
"No. I'm just scanning. Only thing I picked up is a fox tail. I don't know what else they're thinking, and I don't want to." Kit will look around a bit more, then drop the spell. Always get a headache from that... "So, is that yours? The spirit there?"

Telasi
2012-10-21, 02:57 AM
Damian tries not to do a double-take when he notices Kit casting and stays put due to the apparent lack of urgency. Still, it doesn't hurt to check. Problem?

Unless and until Kit indicates there is a problem, Damian will continue chatting with Scarlet. "Well, then how 'bout I buy you a drink and you pick something more fun to talk about?"

RandomLunatic
2012-10-21, 02:53 PM
"Best I could do on short notice," Mick said, a bit apologetically. "But for my next trick, I'll make a pack of goons disappear," he said, starting to weave a new spell.

"There," he said. "Now lemme know when the elves make their move."

A woman, redheaded, about 5-10 and rather shapely despite the long coat covering her form, furtively darted out from the alley besides the bar, seemingly headed for the street. She wouldn't make it-Mick spotted her and gave a wolf whistle. "Hey babe! I loved your act! Are you available for private events?" Blushing furiously, the redhead pressed herself into the wall behind her and turned up her coat collar in a vain attempt to disappear-in the process allowing a tell-tale bundle of red and white fur to droop out from underneath the coat's hem. "That tail's a really wiz piece of 'ware-where'd you get that?" Mick asked, hopefully disguising the clue-by-four he was clubbing the thugs with.

Yes, the woman he is talking to is an illusion.

Karen Lynn
2012-10-21, 03:20 PM
"I- OK." What the hell? Kit will keep an eye on the elves, and reply to Damian's text. I think we're OK. Looks like my new friend here has a plan. This guy is gonna get me killed...

Daravon_35
2012-10-24, 09:34 PM
Kit & Mick
A cool gust of wind sweeps through the parking lot as Mick talks to his illusion. The elves stay where they are and if they glanced in your direction at all during your performance, you didn't catch it.

They stand there, some still leaning against the wall as they talk amongst each other, in between long drags on their nicosticks.

Finally one moves, waving goodbye to the other, you can just make out what he says, "I'll catch you chummers later." As he walks on over to a row of three bright yellow and black bikes, hops on the one farthest to the left and takes off down the street in a loud roar, leaving the other two elves still standing there. Their conversation still taking their attention.

Rhyno & Damian
"Sure!" Scarlet says as she moves in closer to Damian. "How about something about you? I saw the way you talked down those elves earlier. I bet something like that barely registers on your excitement meter. How about you tell me about something exciting?" Scarlet says as she smiles.

"Hmm.. or I know!" Scarlet exclaims. "You're new to Seattle, yeah? Have you ever seen why they call this place Aurora? I can show you, if you'd like."

OOC: I know there's nothing for Rhyno in here, but he's close enough to hear it, so he's included in it. Waiting for him to respond to Topaz for his update. If he's really not interested he could always walk away or go check out something else.

Karen Lynn
2012-10-24, 09:49 PM
"Well, that was... Anticlimactic..." Kit chuckles. "So, any idea why they call it Aurora?"

RandomLunatic
2012-10-24, 10:25 PM
"No," Mick said, mystified by what had just (not) happened. "So, what did you want to get me alone for?"

BudgetDM
2012-10-25, 01:26 AM
Rhyno & Damian

Topaz laughs again, in response to Rhyno's remark. "This stuff is pretty strong... perhaps I shouldn't have downed those others so fast." She gets out, as she begins to lose her balance.

"I'd stock up on hangover remedies. The hangover from Hurlg is a killer."

Karen Lynn
2012-10-25, 05:29 PM
"What did you mean earlier in the bar?" Kit pulls her coat tighter to fight against the slightl breeze. Getting chilly...

RandomLunatic
2012-10-25, 09:09 PM
"That you're a better singer than that other girl," Mick said with a grin. "Unless you meant-oh, that...

"Yes, I know what you are. I've never personally met one of your kind until now, but if your aura was any brighter, a mundane could read it. No to mention that after that routine of yours, anybody with a passing knowledge of Parazoology could have made a good guess. You seem to be lucky that this place doesn't cater to a well-read crowd.

"So how well does your friend in there know you?"

Karen Lynn
2012-10-25, 09:38 PM
"Well, he knows more about who I am, as opposed to what I am: the exact opposite of you. I figured in there, I'd be safe to have a little fun." Kit will look around for a minute.

"I do believe this is the part where I ask what your intentions with me are. Why did you single me out?"

BudgetDM
2012-10-26, 09:37 PM
Rhyno is just about to take a drink when he see's Topaz start to fall. Without thinking he jumps out of his seat and manages to catch her just before she hits the ground.

"Are you okay?", he asks and then adds, ""and if you are could you try and help me figure out how the hell I just managed to do that when I'm this drunk?"

Telasi
2012-10-27, 12:55 AM
Damian signals Hank for two more drinks. "I haven't, and I'd love to see." He gestures for Scarlet to lead the way, handing her the drink he promised as he does so. "Maybe after that, I'll tell you..." Whatever he was going to say, Topaz's fall interrupts. Damian gives Scarlet a questioning look. "Your friend looks pretty out of it. Is she gonna be okay?"

RandomLunatic
2012-10-27, 03:52 PM
Mick raised an eyebrow. "My... intentions?" He chuckled. "You give me too much credit. I too was just out for a night of fun, when I saw you alone at the bar and thought I'd say hi."

Daravon_35
2012-10-27, 11:13 PM
Damian & Rhyno

Topaz looks up at Rhyno as she rests in his arms. "Thanks for that...." She manages to stammer out, as she slowly rises to her feet. Her body now leaning heavily on the bar, for support.

"Looks like your troll friend has her well in hand." Scarlet replies to Damian.

"I'm sure he'll take good care of her. Now how about we continue on with the show?" Scarlet asks as she begins to lead the way outside the bar.

Karen Lynn
2012-10-28, 02:34 PM
"Oh, well... It's just, this place is so new to me. I've only been here a short while. What brought you here?"

She'll send a text to Rhyno:
Hey. You still alive? Or did blonde chica out drink you?

RandomLunatic
2012-10-28, 03:29 PM
"I'm actually new in town myself. I just needed to get away," Mick said. At least until the heat dies down.

"So what brings you to the sprawl?"

Karen Lynn
2012-10-28, 03:52 PM
"A few unfriendly people made it abundantly clear that I wasn't welcome back home anymore. At least, not without..." Kit shivers, and not due to the cold. "Well, I'm sure you can put two and two together."

RandomLunatic
2012-10-28, 11:23 PM
"Yes, I can," Mick said.

"So what do you like to do for fun besides sing ancient pre-Awakening pop songs and stand around in parking lots?" he asked.

Telasi
2012-10-29, 01:33 AM
"Okay then, lead on." Damian will follow Scarlet.

Karen Lynn
2012-10-29, 04:03 AM
Seriously? What's he playing at? "Oh. I like to run and climb. Mostly freerunning. There are some nices places to view the stars when the clouds have gone." Kit smiles at him. "I, I could show you some time. If you want, that is.

---
OoC:
Can we see the Aurora Borealis from where we are? Or do we have to go out back for it?

BudgetDM
2012-10-29, 10:30 PM
Damian & Rhyno

Topaz looks up at Rhyno as she rests in his arms. "Thanks for that...." She manages to stammer out, as she slowly rises to her feet. Her body now leaning heavily on the bar, for support.

"You feeling okay?" Rhyno asks, then adds, "...by the standards of someone who just drank Hurlg?"

I warned her Hurlg was ork and troll only.

RandomLunatic
2012-10-30, 01:42 AM
"Stargazing, huh?" Mick said, looking up to see if Seattle's famous clouds were in tonight or not.

Aurora borealis can be seen in Seattle, but only during times of very high electromagnetic activity from the sun.

Also, the convention is to write meteorological phenomena, including a. borealis, with lowercase letters.

Karen Lynn
2012-10-30, 02:55 PM
"Yeah! I've heard you can see the aurora borealis from behind the bar. Want to go check it out?"

RandomLunatic
2012-10-30, 07:51 PM
"Why not?" Mick said. Gesturing towards the alley, he said "Ladies first."

Karen Lynn
2012-10-31, 04:38 AM
"Ok!"Kit will take Mick's hand and half lead/half drag him through the alley, not moving too much faster than a walking pace. She will check for astral presences as she does so to make sure she doesn't walk into or on anyone.

Daravon_35
2012-10-31, 09:57 PM
May 11th 2073 12:17am

Damian
Scarlet leads you almost giddily outside the bar, into the parking lot. To your right you notice two elves, wearing the same colors as the go-ganger elves in the bar, but despite that you fail to recognize either of them.

They're both leaning against the bar's wall, smoking nicosticks as they seem to be discussing something between themselves. Both glance your way, then go back to their discussion.

Scarlet shivers a bit, as she takes your hand. "Brrr.. it definitely got colder out tonight. Come on, it's this way, around back." She says as she leads you left to a small alleyway.

Rhyno

"Yeah... yeah.. thanks." Topaz stutters out some more. As she begins to regain her balance.

"I just need a moment to regain my feet." She says as she smiles at you.

"What say we go sit down in a booth and try drinking something a little lighter?"

Mick & Kit

The alleyway stretches far back behind the bar and despite being between two large building it's fairly well lite. To your surprise this is because of some glowing lights in the sky, illuminating your path more and more as you move down the alley.

Kit
In the alleyway you see no other auras/forms, besides Micks'.

Karen Lynn
2012-10-31, 11:11 PM
"Oh, pretty." She will continue to lead Mick to the end of the alley, keeping a wary astral eye out. If nothing impedes her, she won't stop until seeing the sight from the back of the bar.

BudgetDM
2012-11-01, 12:20 AM
May 11th 2073 12:17am

Rhyno

"Yeah... yeah.. thanks." Topaz stutters out some more. As she begins to regain her balance.

"I just need a moment to regain my feet." She says as she smiles at you.

"What say we go sit down in a booth and try drinking something a little lighter?"

"It'll ruin my reputation, but sure."

Rhyno starts to walk toward a booth, then pauses as he repeats the last sentence over in his head.

"Er...I meant that being seen drinking something light will ruin my reputation! Not being seen with you! That was not what I meant."

The old Rhyno charm strikes again.

RandomLunatic
2012-11-01, 03:36 PM
"Whoa!" Mick exclaimed as Kit seized his hand and dragged him along, but he did not resist.

"Whoaaa..." he said again in the alley as he marveled at the display.

Daravon_35
2012-11-03, 09:41 PM
Mick & Kit

As you both continue down the alleyway it opens up into wide back area behind the bar. Alleys seem to split off to the left and right of you and clear above you you see shining, shimmer lights, as if you were looking at the aurora borealis itself.

The only thing that ruins the mood are a couple of presumably homeless people huddled near the entrance of the left alleyway.
Kit (If still looking in Astral)

If you're still looking in astral, you can barely make out the lights as they as barely a dim shimmer in contrast to the daytime glow of astral space.

You do however spot three new people, all mundane.

Rhyno

If Topaz noticed or realized your faux pas, she isn't showing it, as she leads you to the nearest booth and sits down, almost abruptly.

Almost before you yourself can take your seat, the bartender moseys over with a couple of light beers in his hand and places them on the table, before he heads back off to behind the bar.

"So.. what a nice guy like you, doing in a bar like this?" Topaz muses as she sips from her beer. Her senses slowly seeming to return to her.

BudgetDM
2012-11-04, 09:22 PM
Rhyno

If Topaz noticed or realized your faux pas, she isn't showing it, as she leads you to the nearest booth and sits down, almost abruptly.

Almost before you yourself can take your seat, the bartender moseys over with a couple of light beers in his hand and places them on the table, before he heads back off to behind the bar.

"So.. what a nice guy like you, doing in a bar like this?" Topaz muses as she sips from her beer. Her senses slowly seeming to return to her.

Rhyno also takes a drink.

"Drinking to forget how bad the..."

What was the phrase again?

"Freelance Security Specialist business is lately. Or for me at any rate."

Telasi
2012-11-05, 03:24 AM
Damian continues to follow, barring spotting something suspicious. "It always seems a little on the cool side to me."

RandomLunatic
2012-11-07, 04:47 PM
Mick mentally reviewed his options, then remembered the spirit he had just summoned. It seemed like a bit of waste to let those services go unused, so he called it up. <I need you to discretely materialize and convince these bums to find someplace a little less bright to sleep tonight.>

I am using <> to mark telepathy-with Mick's spell selection, this is mostly going to be the spirit-summoner link.

And just to be more clear, he is ordering the spirit to use its concealment, materialize somewhere it is not seen, and Influence the bums to go away. In the future, do you want to dice out spirit actions based on my orders or do you want me to do it?

Karen Lynn
2012-11-07, 06:46 PM
Kit focuses back on the physical after seeing the three mundanes, then looks up in wonderment. "Wow... I've never seen this before... It's... It's beautiful..."

Daravon_35
2012-11-09, 11:55 PM
May 11th 2073 12:20am

Rhyno

"Oh yeah? That's a shame. You ever think about going corp again? I know Ares is always hiring." She smiles as she talks, her eyes starting to lose that glassy overed look they had a moment before as she seems to be doing better. That or sobering up somehow.

Damian

"Yeah, surprising too for this time of year." Scarlet says as she continues to lead you to the left and down an alley.

"It's down here, around back behind the bar. It's beautiful!" She continues saying as she starts to move at a quicker pace.

Scarlet had just gotten about 3 meters in front of you, when from down the alley a blood curdling scream echoes from in front of you, causing her to stop dead in hear tracks and start heading backwards.

Mick & Kit

As you both gaze up at the sight, you suddenly notice that two of the bums start to shuffle away down the alleyway to your left, while one walks across right in front of you two. He watches as you both "star gaze" and then continues on his way, mumbling "It's just gases from the trash dump near by, you breeders." His final words forming a sneer and then a chuckle as he disappears in the alleyway.

For a few seconds more you can hear his chuckle continue, until it turns into a blood curdling scream. "Aaaaarrrgghh...."

RandomLunatic
2012-11-10, 01:55 AM
Mick had determined that perhaps the flare compensation on his contacts was spoiling the whole experience and had just turned it off (No, I'm not sure I want to disable this feature. I just went through four menus for the hell of it!) when a scream pierced the air.

"That sounds serious," he remarked, mentally commanding the spirit forward to take a look while extending counterspell protection to both it and Kit, just in case.

BudgetDM
2012-11-10, 11:26 PM
Rhyno

"Oh yeah? That's a shame. You ever think about going corp again? I know Ares is always hiring."

Not the way I quit they ain't, he thinks but says,"I've considered it, but I like freelancing to much. You get to set your own hours, don't have a boss looking over your sholder, and I'd miss the trill of taking a bullet to the sholder and not knowing if I could afford to have it removed. But I just realized I've been talking about myself this whole time. What do you do?"

Karen Lynn
2012-11-11, 01:07 PM
Kit will activate mystic armor as she runs towards the scream. "What the? Come on!"

RandomLunatic
2012-11-11, 06:15 PM
Mick sighed and ambled after Kit, reaching into an inside pocket for the Jazz "popper" he carried for trouble. He was glad he brought it-Kit seemed hellbent on dragging him into a pointless fight.

Daravon_35
2012-11-12, 08:40 PM
Rhyno

Topaz chuckles as you talk, suddenly seeming very shy when your question comes up. "Well, I'm... that is Scarlet and I are secretaries for Ares..." She kind of trails off, before starting up again. "But believe me, I know how it is to have bosses. And they're never happy either. Either their soykaf is too hot or not brewed just right or it's something else."

"So you quit huh? I sure wish I could, but you know the saying, they don't call use wageslaves for nothing."

Kit

Just as you rounded the corner, your eyes came upon the gruesome scene. There kneeling above what looked to be the remains of the man that just walked by the two of you, were three ghouls. From the looks of it they were in the middle of eating or harvesting the corpse. It's hard to tell

Mick
<Ghouls> Is all the spirit reports back.

The message arrives just in time as you begin to catch up to Kit, your eyes finally getting a look down the alleyway for the first time as the murderous scene is splayed before you. Three ghouls hunched over the corpse of the man you just saw.

Telasi
2012-11-13, 03:43 AM
"What the drek?!" Damian darts forward to pull Scarlet into cover, then peeks out to see if he can spot the cause of the scream.

Intuition 3 + Perception 1 + Visual Enhancement 2 + Active Looking 3: [roll0]

Thermographic vision.

Karen Lynn
2012-11-13, 04:32 PM
Rhyno! Ghouls!

BudgetDM
2012-11-14, 01:08 AM
Rhyno

Topaz chuckles as you talk, suddenly seeming very shy when your question comes up. "Well, I'm... that is Scarlet and I are secretaries for Ares..." She kind of trails off, before starting up again. "But believe me, I know how it is to have bosses. And they're never happy either. Either their soykaf is too hot or not brewed just right or it's something else."

"So you quit huh? I sure wish I could, but you know the saying, they don't call use wageslaves for nothing."

"Yeah, I remember..."

Rhyno! Ghouls!

"Oh, drek," Rhyno says flatly, "my friend just saw some ghouls."

He then sprints toward the door, turning on his wired reflexes and drawing his gun.

"STAY AWAY FROM DOORS AND WINDOWS!" he yells back.

kit: where, how many, and do they know your there?

Karen Lynn
2012-11-14, 02:29 AM
3 back door turn right no

RandomLunatic
2012-11-14, 02:58 PM
"Drek," Mick muttered, stepping off to the side to hide behind a wall. <Front and center. Take 'em out!> he ordered the spirit.

Daravon_35
2012-11-14, 08:10 PM
Fight

Go ahead and roll initiative please. Also the ghouls are aware of Kit and Mick and probably very soon Damian. Please tell me where abouts on the map you want to be placed. I'm assuming Mick/Kit are at the entrance or so of the alleyway w/ the ghouls and Damian is probably running down the long alleyway to still behind the bar. As for Rhyno... depends which way he's attempting to go out the bar.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Daravon35/Aurora_Fight_map_go.jpg

Note: In the future I hope to have the map zoomed in more, but since this battle area is so large, it's semi small. So I apologize for that.

Also if you have a prefered pic you want to use for your token, please let me know and I'll use it. Thanks.

Daravon_35
2012-11-20, 10:50 PM
Fight!

The ghouls snarl as their eyes focus on Kit and Mick, angry for the disruption of their meal.

Damian darts down the alleyway, as he rushes into battle, the glowing wonder lost on him as more important things take presidence.

As Rhyno bursts through the door, he can hear the confusion he's left behind in the bar. His eyes focus quickly on a pair of elves to his right, as they lean against the bar's wall, smoking nicosticks and look curiously at the large troll whose just emerged rather quickly and violently from the bar. They bear the same gang colors as the ones from inside, but you haven't seen either of them before.

Close up

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Daravon35/Aurora_Fight_map_go_1.jpg

Distance

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Daravon35/Aurora_Fight_map_go_2.jpg

Initiative

Spirit: 15 x2
Rhyno: 11
Damian: 8
Kit: 7
Mick: 6
Ghoul 3: 6
Ghoul 1: 5
Ghoul 2: 5

Ghouls go last, with one sharing it's turn with Mick.

Note: Damian's and Mick's token are going to be changed, those are just place holders for now. Unless you really like them.

RandomLunatic
2012-11-21, 12:08 AM
Diligently obeying orders, the spirit fell back alongside Kit to block the alley off and hurled a wave of pure mana down the alley at the ghouls.

Non-action: Fall back to I3
Complex: Cast Stunball at the C3-D4 intersection. Details in OOC

BudgetDM
2012-11-21, 02:10 AM
Rhyno looks at the elves.

Frag. I really hope they aren't here to geek me'n Kit.

Rhyno stops briefly to consider the wisest course of action, then continues on a mad dash towards the alley anyway.

kit did you know about the elf gangers in the parking lot?

Karen Lynn
2012-11-21, 05:01 AM
They are looking for me. I think. Deal with them later.

Kit will take a breath, then charge ghoul 2.

5 hits on attack roll, +2 dice for charging
[roll0]

Damage 3P+net hits.

Edit: hope the stunball did enough to wear them down.

Edit^2: and now I realize I just entered hand to hand combat with ghouls...

Telasi
2012-11-24, 06:53 PM
Damian takes cover at the corner, snapping off a shot at the nearest ghoul in the process. A moment later, he follows up with a second shot, aiming at the rearmost ghoul this time.

Agility 6 + Firearms 4 + Smartlink 2: [roll0]
Agility 6 + Firearms 4 + Smartlink 2 - Secondary Target 2: [roll1]

RandomLunatic
2012-12-12, 03:22 AM
While bullets and spells fly, Mick started chanting, gathering mana from the surroundings and shaping in order to Did she really just charge the ghouls? Did she just punch one? Does she know regeneration won't get rid of Krieger?

Actually, can shifters catch MHMVV? Then he became aware of the the mana slipping away from him. Mentally kicking himself for the lapse, he quickly claimed it back, and then some, face screwed up in concentration as eh weaved tow spells together and sent them blasting down the alley.

Daravon_35
2012-12-15, 01:22 AM
Fight!

The spirit falls back lining up next to Kit as it's face distorts as it looks as if it's concentrating. Suddenly the back two ghouls are hit by something, a force, causing them both to almost stumble.

The ghouls shocked by the sudden appearance of combatants along with the idea of someone actually charging into them, sends them all into a stand still, as fists, claws, bullets and spells fly around them.

Finally snapping out of their daze, they lash back at the closest thing they can reach. Their feral claws slicing at the woman who dared approach them and interrupt their meal.

Close up

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Daravon35/Aurora_Fight_map_go_3_c_zpsc820ef28.jpg

Distance
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Daravon35/Aurora_Fight_map_go_3_fm_zps3e1baa73.jpg

Initiative

2nd Initiative Pass
Spirit: 15
Rhyno: 11
Damian: 8

Note:
Ghoul 3 moved up to attack Kit. All 3 ghouls melee attacked Kit.

I'm ignoring the inception stop for right now, since it'd make things a little messy. That was on me for not being around to do it early on enough before a lot of rolls were done, so I'm sorry.

If anyone else has a 2nd (3rd) init pass, let me know so I can add them to this init pass. And thanks for being patient all. I appreciate it.

Also if I missed anything let me know.

Karen Lynn
2012-12-15, 07:54 PM
Drek, these guys hurt! I need to learn those fist techniques Miko spoke about.

OoC:
Later on, if I choose the first improved initiative, I can just upgrade by spending the difference, right?

Telasi
2013-01-03, 01:52 PM
Damian

Damian forces himself not to swear aloud in response to Kit's... questionable... tactical decisions. Instead, he focuses his fire on the most exposed of the trio of ghouls, hoping to even the odds. A double tap to the center of mass should be enough to take one out of the fight.

Daravon_35
2013-01-04, 10:39 PM
Fight!

The spirit once again springs into action launching as another spell launches from it's hands. A ball of whizzing light speeds down the alley, pass Kit, striking both ghouls. One of the ghouls screams in agony as the white pulsing light flows through his body, as he crumble to the floor. The other still engage with Kit hardly seems to notice. The unblinking spirit once more moves towards Kit side as it readies itself for melee.

The odds already in their favor, Damian's shots hit home as another ghouls spazes to the ground, it's body convulsing as it shrieks of horror begin to fill the alleyway.

Crunch

Both Ghoul 1 & 2 are on the ground unconscious. Damian is up again, with only ghoul 3 still standing.

Daravon_35
2013-01-10, 08:37 PM
May 11th 2073 12:31am
Behind the Aurora - Auburn 304th Street E & 132nd Avenue E

Fight!
The last of Damian's silenced shots lightly echo through the alleyway as the final ghoul slumps to the ground, it's body still twitching from the stick-n-shock.

Crunch
Damian's final shots knock out ghoul 3. All Ghouls are down for the count at the moment.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-10, 08:57 PM
Kit watches as the last ghoul drops. "I feel it best to permanently end these... creatures." She spits the last word out. "I fear it unwise to allow these things to exist any longer."

Telasi
2013-01-14, 08:31 PM
"Y'know, ghouls are people, too."

RandomLunatic
2013-01-14, 09:12 PM
Mick slumped against the corner, exhaling heavily.

"So was that guy," Mick pointed out, waving a hand up the alley towards the shredded remains of the ghouls' last victim. "Besides, unless you plan on treating them, you're just leaving them to be eaten alive by the devil rats."

BudgetDM
2013-01-14, 09:34 PM
Rhyno thunders in, gun drawn. He looks and Kit and the others.

"...I'm too late aren't I?"

He then turns toward where the ghouls lay.

"Yep, I am."

Karen Lynn
2013-01-14, 09:46 PM
"Rhyno, did you go out the front door, or back door like I said?" Kit will smile at him, wiping the bit of ghoul blood off of her fists.

BudgetDM
2013-01-15, 01:51 AM
"Rhyno, did you go out the front door, or back door like I said?" Kit will smile at him, wiping the bit of ghoul blood off of her fists.

"...Back door? You didn't say anything about...", Rhyno starts to say, then reviews the AR text still floating the the corner on his eye.

Um...

"Oh frag! I hate working drunk."

Karen Lynn
2013-01-15, 11:01 AM
Kit will smile, shaking her head. "Well, I guess we need to take care of these..." Kit will draw her pistol, putting a bullet in the head of each one.

Coup due grace, or...?

Daravon_35
2013-01-20, 02:28 PM
As you all mull around, the corpses of the homeless man and ghouls lingering before you, you hear small footsteps behind you.

"Whew you can run!" Topaz says, a flushed look on her face. "What happened? I saw Scarlet dashing off...." She begins to say as her words are cut short by the sight in front of her. "Drek! I miss all the fun." She pauses, taking in the sight.

Karen Lynn
2013-01-20, 02:38 PM
"Well, I'm going to go wash up, and have one last beer before calling it a night." Kit will head to the restroom, then back to the bar.

BudgetDM
2013-01-20, 11:54 PM
As you all mull around, the corpses of the homeless man and ghouls lingering before you, you hear small footsteps behind you.

"Whew you can run!" Topaz says, a flushed look on her face. "What happened? I saw Scarlet dashing off...." She begins to say as her words are cut short by the sight in front of her. "Drek! I miss all the fun." She pauses, taking in the sight.

I think I might have been selling this gal a little short.

"I missed the fun too, but I guess there are worse then have a fight with ghouls be anticlimactic," says Rhyno leaning against a wall, "I passed Scarlet running here, but I was in ghoul killing mode, so I didn't saying anything to her."

Telasi
2013-01-21, 02:44 PM
With the matter at hand closed, Damian moves on to cleanup. First order of business is to collect his expended rounds and shell casings; fortunately, that should be trivial due to the non-penetrating nature of S'n'S rounds and thermographic vision on his cybereyes.

"Not much to miss, really. Kit decided she could take the ghouls, and the rest of us just kinda got caught up in it. Whole thing was only a couple seconds."

RandomLunatic
2013-01-23, 01:04 AM
Mick winced as gunshots rang out. So much for keeping this quiet. "Uh, Kit?" he said. "Going into a bar with literal blood on your hands tends to get attention. Especially after gunshots out back.

"Any of you ever heard of the Mon Hing restaurant and grill? It's a place I know nearby, that has the advantage of not being here. What say we meet there in 10 minutes for victory drinks? I'll buy the first round."

Karen Lynn
2013-01-23, 10:10 AM
"I was- Sorry. I'll wash up elsewhere. I will meet you all there. Kit will wipe off what she can inside her coat, then head to her bike at the front of the bar. She'll hop on and take off for the nearest stuffer to wash up, then move to Mon Hing.

BudgetDM
2013-01-25, 10:41 PM
Mick winced as gunshots rang out. So much for keeping this quiet. "Uh, Kit?" he said. "Going into a bar with literal blood on your hands tends to get attention. Especially after gunshots out back.

"Any of you ever heard of the Mon Hing restaurant and grill? It's a place I know nearby, that has the advantage of not being here. What say we meet there in 10 minutes for victory drinks? I'll buy the first round."

"Any plan with free booze is a good plan, I'm in", Rhyno says walking toward his bike, "Uhg, why does the name Mon Hing ring a bell?"

Daravon_35
2013-01-27, 10:50 PM
Topaz looks to Rhyno and then to the rest of the group. "Ditching me already or am I invited as well?"

RandomLunatic
2013-01-28, 12:20 AM
Looking at her for moment, Mick said, "Oh what the hell? The more, the merrier."

BudgetDM
2013-01-28, 10:38 PM
Topaz looks to Rhyno and then to the rest of the group. "Ditching me already or am I invited as well?"

Rhyno stop, turns, and looks a sheepish someone of his size, metatype, and profession can.

"Sorry, though the invitation was implied."

Daravon_35
2013-02-01, 10:34 PM
May 11th 2073 12:33m
Behind the Aurora - Auburn 304th Street E & 132nd Avenue E
All
The walk back down the side alley of the Aurora is quick and uneventful, thankfully or unthankfully depending on how much excitement is too much excitement for a person.

The two elves barely glance in your direction as you all emerge into the parking lot, heading for your various vehicles.

Topaz smiles and waves to Rhyno as she mounts a bright blue Harley-Davidson Scorpion, it's pair in red sitting next to it. And with a rev and a wink, she's off, the words. "See you there...." barely heard over the roar of her bike.

May 11th 2073 12:55am
Mon Hing Restaurant and Bar - Renton South Central Avenue & Intercity 516
Damian, Rhyno, Mick

The drive there is uneventful, as auto pilot on the city's main grid takes care of it for you. Neon lights and cold concrete zoom by, as finally the tone of a bored woman informs you of your arrival.

Immediately you notice the three Lone Star cars parked out front. Either something's gone down here or they're having a convention.

To the right of them you can see Topaz's blue Scorpion, as she hops off and heads to the group. "So a Lone Star hang out huh? Cool! What kind of trouble are we going to start here?" She inquires, the joy of her words lit up across her face with glee.

Mick

Suddenly you remember why you knew about the Mon Hing, it's a bar/restaurant mainly frequented by Lone Star who happen to have a office right around the corner.

May 11th 2073 12:40am
Stuffer Shack -Auburn 304th Street E & 130th Avenue E
Kit

The attendant glances up at you, almost doing a double take as you enter the small stuffer shack. You're almost sure if it wasn't for the fact that he was standing behind security glass a couple inches thick and that you're alone, he'd be hitting his panic button right about now.

The stuffer shack is small, but filled with everything a runner could dream of. That is if a runner dreams of pre-processed food made of soy, that all you have to do is add water to.

Despite it's size you're not quite sure if you're the only other customer, as most of the aisles go well above eye sight.

Maps:

Mon Hing

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Daravon35/Mon_Hing_zps7d13eae5.jpg

Stuffer Shack

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Daravon35/Stuffer_Shack_zps9599eddf.jpg

Karen Lynn
2013-02-01, 10:52 PM
Kit will go up to the cashier and state, "Don't worry. None of it's mine. It belonged to some ghouls that won't be bothering the city anymore. May I use your restroom?"

BudgetDM
2013-02-02, 03:26 PM
May 11th 2073 12:55am
Damian, Rhyno, Mick

The drive there is uneventful, as auto pilot on the city's main grid takes care of it for you. Neon lights and cold concrete zoom by, as finally the tone of a bored woman informs you of your arrival.

Immediately you notice the three Lone Star cars parked out front. Either something's gone down here or they're having a convention.

To the right of them you can see Topaz's blue Scorpion, as she hops off and heads to the group. "So a Lone Star hang out huh? Cool! What kind of trouble are we going to start here?" She inquires, the joy of her words lit up across her face with glee.

"Wait, what?"

Rhyno then turns to Mick, "Do you have something you'd like to share with the class?"

Do I have any outstanding warrents right now? I know I'm wanted in Amazionia and the CSA, but I don't think I have anything here.

RandomLunatic
2013-02-06, 06:36 PM
In the car, Mick realized what he had done. "Last time I take bar recommendations while drunk," he muttered. Quickly, he dumped the drugs into the car's center console.
"What, that it's a cop bar? Just act normal and it won't be a problem. After all, would you start a manhunt in a cop hangout?"

BudgetDM
2013-02-08, 12:28 AM
"What, that it's a cop bar? Just act normal and it won't be a problem. After all, would you start a manhunt in a cop hangout?"

"Right, act normal."

Speaking of acting normal.

kit the bar we all headed to is a cop bar be sure to wash up really freakin' well

Karen Lynn
2013-02-08, 05:40 AM
kit the bar we all headed to is a cop bar be sure to wash up really freakin' well

I will, don't worry. I'm going to clean my coat a bit, too.

Daravon_35
2013-02-09, 04:05 PM
May 11th 2073 12:57am
Damian, Rhyno, Mick

A strange look comes across Topaz's face as it slowly turns into a pout. "Awww don't tell me you all didn't know this was a Lone Star hangout? I thought we were coming here for more fun.... well either way let's head in, perhaps the fun will still find us!" The last of her words, brighten up her face again, as with surprising strength she starts to tug on Rhyno, trying to lead him into Mon Hing.

Mick

No warrants for you here as far as you know. Well no warrants, yet...

May 11th 2073 12:41am

The attendant points to his right, towards the back of the building, his eye's still wide as he remains silent.

Karen Lynn
2013-02-09, 04:36 PM
"Thank you. Also, I need to purchase some cleaning wipes or baby wipes. I don't like the smell of ghoul."

Kit will find some baby wipes and a roll of paper towels and take them to the counter. After checking out, she will smile. "I appreciate your help. Have you heard any rumors of ghouls in the area? I would hate to hear of anyone getting hurt when I could have done something about it." Either way, she's trying to calm him before she washes up.

Telasi
2013-02-11, 10:20 PM
"Right, how 'bout no? I may be in the minority here, but trouble in a cop bar isn't my idea of fun."

BudgetDM
2013-02-11, 11:15 PM
"Right, how 'bout no? I may be in the minority here, but trouble in a cop bar isn't my idea of fun."

"I gotta agree. I tried that once and would rather not do it again."

Daravon_35
2013-02-15, 09:41 PM
May 11th 2073 12:57am
Damian, Rhyno, Mick

Topaz sighs and shrugs, "Well I'm already here. Perhaps I'll see you all inside or if not around sometime."

She smiles and winks at Rhyno as she turns and walks into the bar, a slight pep to her walks as she goes.

The cool spring air, swirls around you all, as the city continues to thrive around you.

May 11th 2073 12:41am
Kit

The attendant just nods. His wide eyes slowly becoming normal as you continue to talk.

"Ahhh..." He stammers.

"Well I hope you found what you're looking for! Thanks for shopping at 'Try & Save' and come again!" He says, slipping back into his normal routine.

Kit

OOC: Just take off ¥6 for the supplies.

Karen Lynn
2013-02-15, 09:45 PM
"Thanks, I will." getting back to her bike, she'll finish cleaning off the rest, dispose if the trash, leave the wipes and towels in the storage, and head for some dinner with her friends.
--
Arriving at the Mon Hing, Kit will unwind, sitting closer to Rhyno than anyone else, and take Mick up on the offer of first round.

"Tonight went... Interestingly."

RandomLunatic
2013-02-16, 05:29 PM
"Indeed," Mick agreed. "Shame we didn't get to do any stargazing."

Karen Lynn
2013-02-16, 05:35 PM
"I agree. How about next time? Here's my com." Kit will give Mick her com code, then ask. "Did I clean up well enough?

RandomLunatic
2013-02-16, 06:09 PM
"I'll look forward to it," Mick said, loading the code into his own comm, and then giving Kit his. then he chuckled. "Trust me, if you had missed something, I would have let you know."

Daravon_35
2013-02-17, 09:31 PM
Monday May 15th 2073 2:08am
Seattle
The drone of your comm goes off, a little icon exclaiming you have a new unread message. Whether it woke you up from a peaceful slumber, or interrupted your late night fun, it's there. That blinking little icon letting you know someone wants you or something happened, or is going to happen. Either good or bad, you're not sure, you're never sure, but there it is.

Kit

Konbanwa Kit-san. I have a friend looking for someone with your particular skill type. Pays good and it should be an interesting enough job to keep even your curiosity occupied. If you're interested, be at the Grand Attraction 9:00pm. Ask for Reva.

- Miko

Damien

Hoi Chummer, it's Hank from the Aurora. I know somebody looking to hire someone good with his mouth as well as his gun and well, after that display a few nights ago, you were my first thought. Think of this as some sort of repayment..... or not. Either way if you're interested, be at the Grand Attraction, 9:00pm sharp and look for the pretty girl with the blue hair.

-Hank

Mick

Hoi Slot-face. I figs you may be looking for work and the other night you seemed the cool type, with the right talents. If you catch my meaning. Think of this job as a way to make your favorite ork real happy. Plus the pays good. Grand Attraction 9:00pm. Look for the real jazzed up chick, with the smile to die for. Much like mine....

-Jut Tooth

Niemand

Hoi Chum. There's word on the street about a job, needing one of your talent types. I've heard of you and if you think you're good enough, be at the Grand Attraction 9:00pm. Tell the bouncer you're there for the show.

-Lyle

Rhyno

Hoi Darling! I had Scarlet nab your comm when we last saw you. Hank wanted me to pass along a job! He said be at the Grand Attraction 9:00pm and look for the girl with the blue hair. She sounded real pretty, but I bet she's not as cute as me!

-Topaz

Karen Lynn
2013-02-17, 11:03 PM
Konbanwa, Miko. I appreciate the job, and will go to meet Reva. Ideally, one would wait until after dawn to inform of this. :)
-Kit

Kit will finally lay down, having made sure to lock up and cover her stuff before laying down. When 8am rolls around, she will crawl out, clean up, and head into town for lunch at the first half decent place she can find.

RandomLunatic
2013-02-18, 01:49 AM
Mick glared at the device that had awoken him at an ungodly hour. One of these days he was going to get that ork and his attitude.

This was not it. The rent was coming up soon.

I'll be there.

Then he rolled over and went back to sleep.

DaedalusK71
2013-02-18, 11:33 AM
Neimand sat at his desk holding Schüman's latest work on the relationship between the first law of thermodynamics and the translation of astral energies into functional constructs; an interesting read all in all. Still... Lyle's message was a welcome distraction. Rent was due and Neimand had no interest deciding whether to eat or pay the man...

Neimand sends a message back to Lyle <<Got any info on the job or the Johnson? Walking in cold isn't exactly safe. But, I'll listen to the pitch and see what happens...>> Neimand pulls out his comm and turns his attention to "The Grand Attraction"... Pulling news feeds, hitting the screamsheets, city records, anything that might indicate who has something going on at the place.

Neimand drops onto the cheap foam bed, setting his alarm for 1415 and drifting off to dream of grandure...

1415Neimand rolls out of his bunk eager to get started and downs a cup of soycaf to jolt him awake. I’d better prepare… First impressions and all... ; best get to work.

Neimand slides the makeshift coffee table into the next room and rolls up the carpet on the floor to reveal a series of marks carved into the floor. Gathering materials stashed throughout the apartment, he carefully lays them around the markings.
Centering himself, Neimand begins weaving a construct, heavy and solid. He draws mana through the stones which act like a polarizing lens, and adds it to the construct. It is time consuming and taxing work, near the end, the construct ... twists ... and nearly falls apart. Neimand curses his lack of attention and struggles hard to hold his creation together. Inch by inch, he works the behemoth back into shape until finally, its eyes flare to life.

You have called and I have answered...

It's voice thundered in Neimand's head like a gong. Fairly falling into his chair, Neimand smiled. Yes... yes you have. We have work to do later. For now return to your realm and await my call. An almost imperceptible nod and the creature faded from view.

Dressing in his only 'work' clothes, Neimand makes his way to meet, arriving an half an hour before the scheduled time. He walks casually around the block, noting exits and fire escapes, looking for cameras and other physical security. Stepping into a nearby restaurant, he orders and heads to the restroom where he props himself up in the cleanest stall he can find and slips out of his body for some astral investigation of the building.

At 2045, he leaves the restaurant and approaches the bouncer, sending a message as he does <<Hoi, chummer...I'm here for the show...>> and sends a twenty nuyen tip along with it.

Daravon_35
2013-02-18, 05:33 PM
Neimand

All I know is that someone is looking for someone with your talent type and that if you're looking that's the place to be.

-Lyle

Telasi
2013-02-18, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the tip, omae. I'll check it out. Anything I need to do so she'll recognize me? After replying, Damian moves on to some research. First order of business is to look up the Grand Attraction on the 'trix and see what kind of place it is. After that, he does a little deeper digging to see if he can't find a floor plan. Finally, he takes a look at their matrix setup to get an idea of what he'll be dealing with if he has to hack in.

Karen Lynn
2013-02-18, 11:14 PM
Around 10, kit will text Mick while looking up the Grand Junction. Do you wish to know more about me? I am having lunch. She will send her location to Mick, a local diner.

RandomLunatic
2013-02-19, 01:19 AM
Sometime later, after having properly woken up, Mick's matrix search for the Grand Attraction was interrupted by a text. It was the shifter from the other night. After checking the address, he replied, I can b there in 20 minutes.

20 minutes later
"It's a bit early for stargazing, don't you think?" Mick asked as he came up behind Kit and took a seat.

Karen Lynn
2013-02-19, 01:28 AM
"It is, but I have plans for tonight. You mentioned wanting to learn more about me. If there is something you wish to know, just ask." Kit will eat her food, as it arrives just after Mick.

BudgetDM
2013-02-21, 02:31 AM
Rhyno snaps awake when the message arrives.

And once again we see the downside on an internal commlink. One of these days I will figure out how to configure that things sleep mode properly.

I'm sure she ain't. You wouldn't happen know anything more than a name? (He asked expecting the answer "No")

While Rhyno waits for a reply he starts giving his gear a once over to make sure everything is in order.

Daravon_35
2013-02-24, 11:22 PM
Monday May 15th 2073
Seattle

All

The morning greets you all the same, way too early, with a lite drizzle and not enough sun.

Datanews:

Today's Forecast:

Mostly cloudy, with a light rain for most of the day. Clear skies tonight and into tomorrow. Highs in the mid to upper 60s. Lows in the lower 50s.

Sports:

The Seattle Screamers won their Urban Brawl game last night against the New York Slashers 5-4, despite taking heavy losses. All but Star player Josh Fairboy were injured or worse when New York Slasher's player Tony Grasbor went on a killing spree. Urban Brawl officials are saying the vest Tony was wearing must have malfunctioned from taking an errant bullet to the processor, disabling the kill switch. Urban Officials are taking a look at all vests to make sure another incident like this doesn't happen again.

Business:

Ares had another loss in profits this quarter as it's latest Smartgun link R&D project mysteriously failed. Analysts are blaming the destruction of one of Ares' key R&D development facilities in Tacoma last month as the reason. Lone Star still has no leads on the cause of destruction.

Mitsuhama saw a rise in profits this quarter as it's new and popular drone, the HMT Bulldog was received well by critics and the public alike.

Damian

Look professional.

-Hank

Niemand

By 20:15 the parking lot is already jam packed with cars, bikes, limos, and people. This place must be pretty novahot!

The throng of people seem to pulse with the AROs assaulting you, as a distant beat can be heard already. The scene is frantic at best, as people try to push their way into the club. But with this chaos you can easily move around. You can only walk around 3/4ths of the building as the west wall of it is flush against another building. Security looks fairly normal for a place like this. Cameras, bouncers, the works. Both the front and back of the building is parking lot.

Once at the restaurant, you slip into Astral Space and head for the bar. Once again you're assaulted, this time, not by the matrix'd world, but by the amassed living energy in front of you. All those people in one place, all those auras. As you move closer to the bar, two other mages and a spirit in astral space move towards you, intercepting your advance through the bar's walls. Whatever, whoever is in there, likes their privacy apparently.

Back to the bar in meat space it is. The ork bouncer barely registers you at all, before nodding in your direction, then towards the entrance, as finally a text comes through:

2nd floor, west wall, room 35.

Rhyno

Hmmm.. Hank didn't, but from what Scarlet told me, there's someone named Reva, looking for a couple of runners out of there. I know she has blue hair and she's definitely not as cute as me! So as far as I can tell that's who you need to find.

-Topaz

Kit & Mick

You both find a nice little diner that offers various soy foods. The best part of the meal is the soykaf they serve, all the rest is mediocre at best.

Kit

Sorry didn't see you looked anything up, assuming all you want is the very very general, you find out the following: After a quick search you find the following info on the Grand Attaction:

It's located in Everett at 52nd Avenue West & 168th Street SW.

Both OOC:
Let me know if you want to do something here, was leaving this to you two since it seemed like a meet and greet. I can add more or we can let it play out and get you to the meet, let me know.

BudgetDM
2013-02-25, 01:33 AM
Well, that's a name at least. Thanks, I owe ya one.

RandomLunatic
2013-02-25, 02:22 AM
"I'll have another one of the same," Mick told the waitress before she left.

"Really? No hard to get routine?" Mick asked, with a smile. "You always jump into things like this?"

Daravon_35
2013-02-27, 08:57 PM
Rhyno

I'm going to hold you to that!

-Topaz

Kit & Mick

"Sure thing darlin'" The waitress as she leaves to get him another soykaf.

Karen Lynn
2013-03-01, 06:38 PM
"Only with those I feel I can trust. Or kill." The last is said with a smile when no one else is within ear shot.

BudgetDM
2013-03-01, 11:00 PM
Wouldn't said it if I didn't mean it.

RandomLunatic
2013-03-06, 03:16 PM
"Well, I'm honored. Or scared," Mick said.

"Let's start with the basics: Where are you from?"

Karen Lynn
2013-03-06, 03:23 PM
"That..." Kit suppresses a small shudder, remembering her first metahuman kill. "That is a question I feel I cannot answer fully, for my own protection... Leave it be as me being born in this land for now. You can ask others, but understand I will be careful with some answers."

Telasi
2013-03-11, 11:56 PM
With his Matrix recon done, Damian moves on to the rest of his preparations. First up is weaponry; each component of the small arsenal in Damian's apartment gets a full inspection and basic maintenance before being deposited in their carrying bag. Spare ammunition quickly follows them. Shouldn't need it, but better safe than sorry. After that, Damian lays out his suit and settles in to catch a nap so he won't be completely sleep-deprived at the meeting tonight. Once that's finished, it's time to get ready to go. Damian will aim to arrive ~30 minutes early to have a look at local conditions and will head inside ~5 minutes ahead of time.

Wearing the Actioneer suit and form-fitting layer under that for safety/paranoia; neither is highly visible and both are legal. Carrying the Predator IV in the suit's integral concealed holster. If the Grand Attraction's weapon policy will make this an issue (I looked up the place earlier, so I should know), then I'll make any checks needed to bypass their scanners in OOC.

RandomLunatic
2013-03-12, 12:47 AM
Mick looked a bit disappointed, but not for long. "I understand. Actually, there's a lot of things I'd like to ask, but not here, if you get my drift."

Karen Lynn
2013-03-12, 12:50 AM
Kit ponders a moment before speaking. "Very well. I might suggest a place more open. Where would you prefer?"

RandomLunatic
2013-03-12, 12:56 AM
"Someplace more private. Where we can't be overheard. Easily, at least."

Karen Lynn
2013-03-12, 12:59 AM
"That sounds good. I think I know the place. Can you keep up?"

RandomLunatic
2013-03-12, 03:06 AM
"I can certainly try."

Karen Lynn
2013-03-12, 03:15 AM
"Good. Follow me." Kit will head out, hopping on her bike. Making sure Mick is following, she will head towards Aurora. When she gets near a couple of large, flat buildings, she'll park and dismount her bike.

Daravon:
Looking for something that would be more of a Free runner location. Somewhere that is likely to have running/climbing routes, and little to no occupants and/or dead security systems. If that even makes sense at all.

Daravon_35
2013-03-17, 04:46 PM
Kit & Mick
It'd be a gorgeous day, if there wasn't a light rain coming down, as you two whizzed down the road toward wherever Kit led you. The buildings seemed to fly by, getting worse and worse in quality. Finally she pulls over, a large abandoned looking parking garage in front of you two.

Karen Lynn
2013-03-17, 05:26 PM
Didn't even think parking garage. Good call!

"Here we are. Be careful. No elevators, and half the stairs are missing. There is a good place on top. Rarely is anyone there."

For free running, knowledge to pick easiest route for Mick.
One of each roll, can roll more in OoC if needed.

Free running Knowledge+INT(should this be INT or LOG? If LOG, drop last die.)
[roll0] =2
Gymnastics+AGI
[roll1] =0 ... Way too close... <.<
Running+STR
[roll2] =1
Climbing+STR
[roll3] =4

Daravon_35
2013-03-20, 11:04 PM
Damian

By 20:30 the parking lot is already jam packed with cars, bikes, limos, and people. This place must be pretty novahot!

The throng of people seem to pulse with the AROs assaulting you, as a distant beat can be heard already. The scene is frantic at best, as people try to push their way into the club. A couple of bouncers stand at the door, an ork and a troll. Both look mean and ready for business.

People shove and shout as they try to make their way in, most seeming to be turned away when they do finally reach the door. The bouncer's assumed gaze leering over the masses as they make their choices.

But as you step up. The ork bouncer barely registers you at all, before nodding in your direction, then towards the entrance.

Once inside, the noise blasts inside your head. The constant stream of noise, of people, of sights and sounds. It's all almost too overwhelming at first. As your senses clear and your bearings return, you finally set eyes on the place and it is more packed in here then outside!

Kit

There seem to be some collapsed stairs in the southeast corner of the parking garage that are only half crumbled. Should be a fairly easily climb, if careful.

Anything you do here you succeed on.

Karen Lynn
2013-03-20, 11:09 PM
Kit darts forward, easily vaulting over a few missing steps, almost dancing her way up, vaulting from one end to the other. She looks back expectantly at Mick, smiling. "Your turn."

Telasi
2013-03-20, 11:32 PM
Well, this'll be interesting. Damian glances around, looking for the prospective client (and anyone or anything else of note, for that matter). Hopefully she won't make this too difficult.

Int 3 + Perception 1 + Visual Enhancement 2 + Active 3: [roll0]

RandomLunatic
2013-03-20, 11:41 PM
"All right," Mick said, cautiously stepping forward and testing the stairs with a foot. Satisfied, he backed off to get a running start, then charged up towards the missing steps.

Daravon_35
2013-03-22, 11:37 PM
Damian

Pretty girl with the blue hair, Hank said. Fragging pretty girl with the blue hair.... as your eyes scan the club you can just about pick out thirty pretty girls with blue hair and those are only the ones within your general vicinity. Not to mention all the variants and different hues of blue hair you could justify on another fifteen girls.

The club is packed, making the mob of people outside look like a small gathering. Before you to your right, a long bar sprawls out, manned by numerous bartenders, trying to serve the literal pack of people trying to get drinks. To your left the rest of the club expands out, including tables, booths, dance floor, and stage.

The noise assaults you once more, this time accompanied by the assault of people. As everyone in the club seems to be texting you. Even an auto generated map of the bar pops up in your display.

Texts:

Hey handsome, how about you buy me a drink?
-Jazz

Get off those feet of yours and come join me in a booth
-Stephanie

How about a dance?
-Naomi

Whatcha drinking?
-Harold

It's then you hear and see it and suddenly it all makes sense. Not only do you glimpse sight of Tish Ambrosia, the hottest Simsense star, but there on the stage is the one and only Maria Mercurial, singing her hit song "Take It To Mister".

Grand Attraction:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Daravon35/GrandAttraction_zps0d789500.jpg

Mick & Kit

With a few clumsy jumps Mick follows Kit upwards, towards the roof. The going isn't easy, but he makes it without error till his final jump. It's while in mid air that Mick realizes his miscalculation, as he's hurled forward, crashing himself down on to the top of the roof. Safe, battered and bruised, as a light rain starts to soak the both of you.

Karen Lynn
2013-03-23, 02:53 AM
"Watch yourself, you could break your neck."

Kit will sit on the roof, aiming still higher(every roof top has that stairwell access/shed like thing on it...).

"This is about as private as it gets, friend. Ask your questions."

RandomLunatic
2013-03-26, 12:37 AM
"Ow," Mick said, picking himself up. "Let's start with 'Why did I think this was a good idea?'

"What I'm really interested in is your perspective," Mick explained. "What made you come from the wilderness to the sprawl? How'd you learn our language and culture? Which, might I add, is pretty good-your English is better than some of the metas I know, even when I exclude the ESL speakers. Was it difficult at all? Does any of it make no sense to you?"

Karen Lynn
2013-03-26, 12:43 AM
"Ow," Mick said, picking himself up. "Let's start with 'Why did I think this was a good idea?'"

"Perhaps you want me?"

"What I'm really interested in is your perspective," Mick explained. "What made you come from the wilderness to the sprawl? How'd you learn our language and culture? Which, might I add, is pretty good-your English is better than some of the metas I know, even when I exclude the ESL speakers. Was it difficult at all? Does any of it make no sense to you?"

Kit takes a moment to gather the words, then speaks. "I was born in a cage. I left the cage for the city, the city for the wilderness, and the wilderness for this city. As for language, I have learned from friends. It is very difficult. Much of it I do not understand. I have learned it best to be direct."

RandomLunatic
2013-03-31, 12:30 AM
"Perhaps you want me?""What?" Mick said, turning about four different shades of red at the same time. "Frak no! I'm not one of those furry wierdos."

Kit takes a moment to gather the words, then speaks. "I was born in a cage.
Cages. That was interesting. And bore looking into.

I left the cage for the city, the city for the wilderness, and the wilderness for this city."That's a where, not a why. What brought you back?"

As for language, I have learned from friends. It is very difficult. Much of it I do not understand. I have learned it best to be direct.""I see."

Karen Lynn
2013-03-31, 12:57 AM
"What?" Mick said, turning about four different shades of red at the same time. "Frak no! I'm not one of those furry wierdos."

"Furry weirdos? Do you not want things from me?"

Cages. That was interesting. And bore looking into.

"That's a where, not a why. What brought you back?"

"I do not know. I was drawn here. Though I was escaping the other city."

"I see."

RandomLunatic
2013-03-31, 07:39 PM
"Well, yes, but not that sort of thing!" Mick protested.

Karen Lynn
2013-04-01, 01:54 AM
"Well, yes, but not that sort of thing!" Mick protested.

"I am sorry. You now have me confused. What sort of thing are you talking about?"

RandomLunatic
2013-04-02, 12:16 AM
"Yeah, you know... wait, you don't know, do you?" Mick facepalmed. "Stupid...

"Looks like those friends you mentioned earlier didn't quite do the job right. See, if you say you 'want' somebody, or better yet, 'desire' them, it's usually implied to be in the sexual sense.

"And that's what I thought you meant. Especially with your preference for bluntness."

Karen Lynn
2013-04-02, 12:21 AM
Kit sits back and ponders that a moment, "I understand. So, you do want knowledge from me, then? Were there more questions you had? Anything else you wanted to learn?" The pauses between the sentences are noticeable.

RandomLunatic
2013-04-04, 07:11 PM
"Yes, but I had my own plans this afternoon, and the weather's not great right now," Mick said, brushing raindrops out of his hair. "So for now, I just have one more: Why are you doing this?"

Karen Lynn
2013-04-04, 10:27 PM
"As do I. I am still concerned my job offer from last night did not show. I wish you well on your plans." Kit'll shake her head, spraying raindrops around. "Simple. Fox told me to share with someone. And I chose you, because I can either kill you, or trust you. I have still not decided which."

RandomLunatic
2013-04-05, 10:59 PM
"Hey!" Mick protested as Kit shook, turning and throwing up an arm.

"I wish you the best of luck as well. As for me, I guess I'll be watching over my shoulder. Now, if you excuse me, I think I'll take the shortcut down," he said, walking through a portion of the retaining wall that had crumbled away and stepped out into the the air...

Karen Lynn
2013-04-06, 03:20 AM
Kit should have little trouble navigating down the stairwell and back to her bike. When there, she punches in the address to the meet and heads over.

RandomLunatic
2013-04-06, 03:03 PM
"Bye! See you later!" Mick called, waving as he climbed into his car. He set the autopilot for home-he needed a shower and a change of clothes.

He also needed more intel. Leaning back in his seat, he conjured a Watcher, which he sent to case the meet astrally while he cleaned up.

Karen Lynn
2013-04-07, 05:19 PM
Kit will stop at a clothing store, to find a better outfit than her current setup of flats.

Daravon_35
2013-04-13, 09:58 PM
Kit

After a quick drive to a more hospitable part of the city, you catch sight of a clothing store that would suit your needs. Tucked between two other stores, you see its' sign, "The Chic & Everything Else". The inside of the store is much how one would imagine a store with that name to be. A place trying to be something it's not. While most of it's brands are either off brand or knock-offs, they don't look that bad. Plus if you aren't looking for something quite so "chic" they look to have it.

Besides yourself, there only seem to be a couple of other customers inside, browsing the wares. A small pretty blonde stands behind the counter, smiling at you.

Mick

The ride home is nothing if not normal.

OOC:I need to know what instructions you gave your watcher spirit, since that matters. If you want to roleplay your spirit, that's fine. I just need to know what time you sent him.

Karen Lynn
2013-04-13, 10:04 PM
Kit will browse, looking to get an affordable outfit that doesn't quite smell of bargain bin. She only has about 300¥. Go for the chic wanna be punker look.

RandomLunatic
2013-04-18, 03:41 PM
Nothing fancy. Just circle the joint from the outside a few times and look for anything that seems to be on astral patrol, or any wards. If none are spotted, head inside and locate any internal warded locations. Once that is done, head back outside and sit on the place until its duration expires.

As for time, he is doing it "now", which I would place as roughly 11 AM based on IC events.

Daravon_35
2013-05-03, 09:59 PM
Kit

A couple of the other customers seem to glance your way every now and then as you browse. For 300¥ your options aren't too limited and finally you find three different comparable outfits. All knock offs.... but all look almost good enough to be the real... almost.

A nice black and red leather jacket and skirt, with a white tee by Pandora 275¥
A gaudy pink and purple haulter top, matching jean type jacket, and black leather pants by Stra. 255¥
Finally a brightly colored multi-colored blouse, plaid skirt, and black hose by Krewz 280¥

Mick

The spirit twists and spins in front of you as your will calls it. Within seconds it manifests itself, a small mindless thing, looking nothing much other then a ball of fluff. Another easy thing to bend to your will. With it's instructions given it takes off, heading as quick as it can to the club to follow out it's task.

Watchers... You sense from it.
Magicians... in Astral.... it gleams once more before you feel the connection severed as that particular ball of fluff must no longer exist.

Red

The morning greets you the same as it has been the last couple of days. Way too early, with a lite drizzle and not enough sun.

Datanews:

Today's Forecast:

Mostly cloudy, with a light rain for most of the day. Clear skies tonight and into tomorrow. Highs in the mid to upper 60s. Lows in the lower 50s.

Sports:

The Seattle Screamers won their Urban Brawl game last night against the New York Slashers 5-4, despite taking heavy losses. All but Star player Josh Fairboy were injured or worse when New York Slasher's player Tony Grasbor went on a killing spree. Urban Brawl officials are saying the vest Tony was wearing must have malfunctioned from taking an errant bullet to the processor, disabling the kill switch. Urban Officials are taking a look at all vests to make sure another incident like this doesn't happen again.

Business:

Ares had another loss in profits this quarter as it's latest Smartgun link R&D project mysteriously failed. Analysts are blaming the destruction of one of Ares' key R&D development facilities in Tacoma last month as the reason. Lone Star still has no leads on the cause of destruction.

Mitsuhama saw a rise in profits this quarter as it's new and popular drone, the HMT Bulldog was received well by critics and the public alike.

Seattle, love it or leave, it's home for now. It's where you wound up when things went bad. It's where your fate has taken you. And that little blinking icon on your comm means someone needs you or wants something from you.

Red my main man! Boy do I have a job lined up for you. It's right up your alley. Someone's looking for muscle and you're the biggest muscle I know. If you're interested, show up at the Grand Attraction 9:00pm, look for the girl with the blue hair, smiles like an angel.

-Harrelson

And with that, it seems you have a job. Life looks a little brighter now, to say the least.

Karen Lynn
2013-05-04, 01:26 AM
Kit will buy the Pandora outfit, asking if she can pay and change in the dressing room. "I have a party to go to soon, and don't want to waste time going home." Assuming that works, she'll leave her flats in the bag and set it inside the storage on her bike before heading to the meet an hour in advance, strolling up to the door, skipping the line. :3
----
Time skip?
----
"Hello, I was told I'd be on Reva's list tonight."

Daravon_35
2013-05-06, 12:14 AM
May 15th 2073 20:30pm
Grand Attraction - 52nd Avenue West & 168th Street SW

Kit

By 20:30 the parking lot is already jam packed with cars, bikes, limos, and people. This place must be pretty novahot!

The throng of people seem to pulse with the AROs assaulting you, as a distant beat can be heard already. The scene is frantic at best, as people try to push their way into the club. A couple of bouncers stand at the door, an ork and a troll. Both look mean and ready for business.

People shove and shout as they try to make their way in, most seeming to be turned away when they do finally reach the door. The bouncer's assumed gaze leering over the masses as they make their choices.

But as you step up. The ork bouncer barely registers you at all, until you say someting, then nods in your direction, then towards the entrance.

Once inside, the noise blasts inside your head. The constant stream of noise, of people, of sights and sounds. It's all almost too overwhelming at first. As your senses clear and your bearings return, you finally set eyes on the place and it is more packed in here then outside!

Suddenly a text comes through:

2nd floor, west wall, room 35.

Mick

But as you step up. The ork bouncer barely registers you at all, before nodding in your direction, then towards the entrance.

Karen Lynn
2013-05-06, 12:50 AM
I wince at the assault of noise, barely able to hear myself think. Why?! I move as best I can through the throng, half tempted to use my free running abilities to get around over the crowd, and try my best to make it to the room.

Enhanced senses hurts... t-t

RandomLunatic
2013-05-06, 04:57 PM
Pressing his way through the crowd, Mick silently cursed himself for not getting better description of the the girl he was supposed to meet. There were plenty of people who fit the profile he had been given.

He got ready to call Jut Tooth for a name, but did not feel like giving the bastard the satisfaction. He would figure this out on his own.

Clearly, she needed a venue for several. That usually meant a private room, but those were private, and rather difficult to get in to. Plus, even that lunk head would have known a physical description would have been of no use if the contact was hiding behind closed doors. And with all the noise on the floor, one could plot the assassination of Dunkelzahn with nobody being the wiser. So he would start with the tables. After getting a drink from the bar, of course.

Sinpoder
2013-05-06, 06:08 PM
Red

The morning greets you the same as it has been the last couple of days. Way too early, with a lite drizzle and not enough sun.

Datanews:

Today's Forecast:

Sports:

Business:

Seattle, love it or leave, it's home for now. It's where you wound up when things went bad. It's where your fate has taken you. And that little blinking icon on your comm means someone needs you or wants something from you.

Red my main man! Boy do I have a job lined up for you. It's right up your alley. Someone's looking for muscle and you're the biggest muscle I know. If you're interested, show up at the Grand Attraction 9:00pm, look for the girl with the blue hair, smiles like an angel.

-Harrelson

And with that, it seems you have a job. Life looks a little brighter now, to say the least.

Michael, or Red as he was known in the underworld, woke up from his dreams, which most people would call nightmares but compared to what Red has done in his life, it was like a wet dream. Michael slowly rolled himself out of his extremely expensive bed, one that allowed him to sleep rather well though he rarely slept that often anyway.

As he flipped his legs over the side of his bed, his feet would touch the marble floors of his small apartment, which was not very big but it did have very expensive stuff in it, thanks to the money he has made working for his previous employers. Red would walk over to a mirror as he looked at himself, and he would look up and down his body and see the massive series of scars that ran over nearly every inch of his body, the most noticeable one being right on his neck that goes from ear to ear. Michael would run his fingers down the length of that scar as his mind went back to that day, but he would quickly shut that off as he would then think for a moment as the news came on in the next room.

As he listen to the weather he would sigh slightly, as he thought to himself " God I wish I could be back in Japan... the weather may have been ****ty but at least it didn't do it all the time... " and as he went to brush his teeth, he would ignore the sports, as he cared very little of the Urban Brawl game, while everyone he knew seemed to be so fascinated by the sport, if you could call it that. He knew that not a single one of those players would stand a chance against even the weakest member of the Red Samurai and the fact that they were killed by someone as weak as Tony Grasbor, whoever the hell that was, only proved that to Red.

He would spit out his toothpaste as he would walk over to his closet as he heard that some tech from Ares had failed, and Michael instantly thought that was odd as most major companies don't have tech suddenly fail. Red would have to look into that one little later if he could, but he would then get a message from his Fixer Sam Harrelson. Harrelson had known Michael for awhile, and had even known him while he was working for Renraku . Michael would laugh as he read the message, and thought to himself " I am the biggest muscle anyone in this CITY knows.. " and he would then pull out his stuff for getting ready for his job. He quickly put on his skin tight protective suit, along with his entire set of PPP System and finally on top of that he would be wearing an extremely expensive looking suit, and most people would know as the Heritage line of clothing, one of the most expensive suits out there.

Red would walk out of his place, and he would get on his bike, a Suzuki Mirage, and without a helmet instantly ride off to go to where he needed to go.

(Making the wild assumption that I will be seeing the exact same thing that I will be seeing the same thing they will be, and if so I will be posting for that)

Once Red stopped, he would put his bike where he was suppose to, and he would look over at the massive crowd of people and simply sigh as he knew that this was going to suck for him as he had to walk his way though this. As he walked though it, surprisingly enough most of the people seemed to move out of his way as he walked though the crowd, though this was not surprising considering that Michael was nearly the size of a troll and the fact that his face and his neck were covered in major scars did not really help as he walked though the crowd. Once he got to the front he would take one look at the bouncers, and then nod to them and then walk past and into the club. Due to Red's sheer size and the fact he was covered in scars would most likely make any bouncer think twice about stopping him, even if he was not on the list.

It made no real difference to Michael at the end of the day though, due to the fact that he was hired to do a job and he was going to do it no matter what, and no matter what got in his way.

Daravon_35
2013-05-08, 07:36 PM
Mick

"Look for the real jazzed up chick, with the smile to die for." Jut Tooth had said... what a joke! That only fit about a hundred or so people in the club...

The club is packed, making the mob of people outside look like a small gathering. Before you to your right, a long bar sprawls out, manned by numerous bartenders, trying to serve the literal pack of people trying to get drinks. To your left the rest of the club expands out, including tables, booths, dance floor, and stage.

As you make your way to the bar, the noise of the place assaults you once more, this time accompanied by the assault of people. As everyone in the club seems to be texting you. Even an auto generated map of the bar pops up in your display.

Texts:

How about a whirl on the dance floor? I'll be sure to show you a good time!
-Sierra

Even with all the other people in this bar, you caught my eye. Let's say we spend the night together?
-Francine

I like your style, wanna share a drink?
-Jessica

Finally you reach the bar and push your way through the mesh of others trying to get drinks. A young woman smiles at you as she asks, "What's your pleasure?"

Grand Attraction:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Daravon35/GrandAttraction_zps0d789500.jpg

Kit

As you make your way through the club and work your way to the 2nd floor, the noise of the place assaults you once more, this time accompanied by the assault of people. As everyone in the club seems to be texting you. Even an auto generated map of the bar pops up in your display.

The noise, the confusion, the texts, everything makes your sense swim, threatening to overwhelm you.

Texts:

Hey gorgeous, how about you... me... you get the idea.
-Drake

Sweet and sexy, would you like a drink?
-Sam

Just my luck, the prettiest girl walks into the same club that I'm in. It must be fate. Come join me in my booth.
-Axel

The second floor is much like the first, with a few minor changes. No dance floor, a lot more booths and what look to be private rooms covering the north and west wall. Thankfully the noise is a little less hectic up here, but only a little, as the floor still vibrates with the sounds of music and the clash of people that pack the club. Finally you come to it, room 35...

The door opens revealing a small room, holding two couches and a table. Seated on one of the couches, is a beautiful woman with blue hair, more chrome then you can count, and a smile that lights up the room.

"Please have a seat, my name is Reva and we'll get started once the rest of the attendees to this meeting have arrived. In the meantime, would you like something to drink?"

As the door closes behind you, it seems as if the club slips away, the noise, the confusion, all gone as once again there is silence and peace.

Grand Attraction:

Red

But as you step up. The ork bouncer barely registers you at all, as he moves aside, allowing you to walk right past.

The noise assaults you once more, this time accompanied by the assault of people. As everyone in the club seems to be texting you. Even an auto generated map of the bar pops up in your display.

Texts:

Hey there tall and handsome, come and hold on to me forever and never let go!
-Jennifer

You look as if you could dance all night, let's find out!
-Gigi

How's the weather up there?
-Frank

Care to share a drink?
-Karly

Grand Attraction:

Karen Lynn
2013-05-08, 09:52 PM
"Something for this new headache, perhaps. This is definitely a place to be seen and not heard." She smiles and relaxes, sighing softly. "If I did not walk through that door myself, I would not believe that this room is still in the club."

Sinpoder
2013-05-08, 10:01 PM
Red

But as you step up. The ork bouncer barely registers you at all, as he moves aside, allowing you to walk right past.

Texts:

Hey there tall and handsome, come and hold on to me forever and never let go!
-Jennifer

You look as if you could dance all night, let's find out!
-Gigi

How's the weather up there?
-Frank

Care to share a drink?
-Karly

Grand Attraction:

As Red walked into the bar, he would know that he was going to stand out like a sore thumb in here due to his massive size and the fact that he was wearing some of the most expensive clothes on the market. Red's right eye twitched slightly as he was in a minor amount of pain from the sheer loud noises and sounds but he managed to quickly adjust. Once that was finished, Red looked around after seeing several texts come though along with the map of the place.

Red would instantly notice that their was five exits on the first floor and he was aware enough to while doing that send texts to the people who text him back.

Sorry, but if I did that I would break you in half. @ Jennifer

I can do a lot more then that. ;) @Gigi

Just fine, the real question is how is it at the bottom of the social and physical food chain? @ Frank

Depends on the drink. @Karly

As he was sending these rapid texts, he would be looking around the room making sure that there was no one there that he knew was automatically going to cause him a problem. (See OOC)

Telasi
2013-05-09, 01:06 AM
You've got to be fragging kidding me, Damian muses as he surveys the crowd. He calms himself with a squared breath, then moves on with the matter at hand. First order of business is shooting Hank a text. Omae, this place is full of blue-haired pretty girls. Can you be more specific?

With that done, Damian decides that odds are that the meet will be in a private room, which means upstairs. No telling if I'll get a response in time, so it's time to get creative. He heads upstairs, looks around, and heads to the bar unless he spots something relevant. After getting the barkeep's attention, he jumps right into his con. He was here to talk, after all... "Hey, omae, can you help me out? See, my chummer set me up with a date tonight. He said I'd be able to recognize her as the pretty girl with the blue hair, and there'd be a private room up here. Blind date, y'know? Problem is, well, the fragger thinks he's real funny and he won't tell me which room or her name or anything, so I'm stuck if I can't find her. I figure there can't be that many blue-haired girls with private rooms, though, so if you could please just point me the right way I'd be real grateful."

RandomLunatic
2013-05-09, 02:34 AM
Sifting through the AROs, Mick looked around him. Laying his plan, he sent the second pair of texts an indentical reply, reading simply, "Sorry girls, got a better offer. :P" To the red, he sent, "Just got here. What say we start with some shots first?"

Delaying his advance on the bar long enough to let Sierra catch up, when confronted by the bartender he turned to her and asked, "Any favorites?" Whatever she said, he ordered two shots of it, and swiftly downed his when it arrived. "Ahhhh," he said, setting his glass down. "Now, what was this about a 'good time'?" He would try and steer the dance around the perimeter of the dance floor, where all the tables on the ground level were conveniently located. No reason not to mix business with pleasure.