PDA

View Full Version : Half-Golem optimization?

Tvtyrant
2012-08-30, 10:15 PM
The halfgolem quasi-grafts from the MMII are notoriously terrible due to the chance of becoming a construct when they are applied, and because of their Berserk feature which causes them to go into a rage. However the Stone and Iron half-golem limbs do not have a berserk feature, and if you make your saves can add significant advantages. +10-12 strength (I believe untyped, since it is not type :smalltongue:), +4 constitution, a golems magical immunities, etc. It also tanks your strength and charisma :smallfrown:

Does anyone know of ways to take advantage of the Half-Golem limbs? Particularly a way to make the will saves no matter what would be fantastic (because extra strength is always good).

Morithias
2012-08-30, 10:33 PM
The halfgolem quasi-grafts from the MMII are notoriously terrible due to the chance of becoming a construct when they are applied, and because of their Berserk feature which causes them to go into a rage. However the Stone and Iron half-golem limbs do not have a berserk feature, and if you make your saves can add significant advantages. +10-12 strength (I believe untyped, since it is not type :smalltongue:), +4 constitution, a golems magical immunities, etc. It also tanks your strength and charisma :smallfrown:

Does anyone know of ways to take advantage of the Half-Golem limbs? Particularly a way to make the will saves no matter what would be fantastic (because extra strength is always good).

Take the multiheaded template and the variant that makes it so they have to use magic to burn the stump after cutting your head off. Then add Half-golem.

Congrats, you are now immortal (We've found like 3 or 4 ways to kill one of these but they're rare).

Tvtyrant
2012-08-30, 10:51 PM
Take the multiheaded template and the variant that makes it so they have to use magic to burn the stump after cutting your head off. Then add Half-golem.

Congrats, you are now immortal (We've found like 3 or 4 ways to kill one of these but they're rare).

This is certainly easier than the Emerald Legion to do.

Morithias
2012-08-30, 11:47 PM
This is certainly easier than the Emerald Legion to do.

Your DM will hate you though, but it makes for an awesome villain. One campaign my friends had (before I joined the group) they had a bloodhound with those templates and they had to treat fights with him as puzzles since they couldn't beat him with brute force.