PDA

View Full Version : Elan's Top Secret Plan

ShadowHare
2012-08-30, 10:22 PM
So, everyone is wondering about where Elan is in the latest encounter. I've yet to see, however, anyone bring up comics 836 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0836.html) and 837 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0837.html). Does anyone else think that this ambush is really all about Elan's Master Plan, and not Roy's?

Roland Itiative
2012-08-31, 04:29 AM
Well, that would only work if you assume the Order as a whole, or Elan in particular, has figured out not-Thog to be in fact Tarquin. That may become obvious when they find out the LG's "mystery cleric" is Malak, but as of now I don't think it's a very good assumption to make.

KillianHawkeye
2012-08-31, 09:19 AM
Yeah, so far Tarquin and Malack have gone pretty unobserved or unrecognized. We have no reason to believe that anyone from the OOTS knows they're even there.

Morquard
2012-08-31, 11:32 PM
Yeah, so far Tarquin and Malack have gone pretty unobserved or unrecognized. We have no reason to believe that anyone from the OOTS knows they're even there.

Unless they just teleported on the other side of the door to pick up Malack, he's pretty much all alone now.

Depending how his Bluff is he might try to convince them he was chasing Nale. And considering how horrible most of the Order are at Sense Motive, he might get away with it too.

Roland Itiative
2012-09-01, 08:41 AM
Unless they just teleported
The Order can't teleport. Even if they could, they lack the one character who would have access to the spell (if not for a poor choice of banned school) right now.

And they should probably remember there are more pressing matters at hand (securing the gate before Xykon appears), so deactivating the trap the hard wayjust to "finish off" the LG, when they seem pretty much defeated already, shouldn't be high on their priority list.

KillianHawkeye
2012-09-01, 08:46 AM
The Order can't teleport.

You might want to read the latest comic. It was the Linear Guild who teleported away, not the OOTS.

FujinAkari
2012-09-01, 01:28 PM
:elan: Hey! What part of "Top Secret Plan" made you should go make a forum post about it?

Forikroder
2012-09-01, 08:18 PM
You might want to read the latest comic. It was the Linear Guild who teleported away, not the OOTS.

they were talking about the Order teleporting to the toher side of the trap to attack the person the trap singled out of the group assuming they know it even did, the smokescreen hit BEFORE the trap sprung so seem like the trap was more to prevent retreat then split them up)

jere7my
2012-09-01, 10:21 PM
they were talking about the Order teleporting to the toher side of the trap to attack the person the trap singled out of the group assuming they know it even did, the smokescreen hit BEFORE the trap sprung so seem like the trap was more to prevent retreat then split them up)

The initial mention of teleport was, "Unless they" — meaning Tarquin and Zz'd'tri — "just teleported on the other side of the door to pick up Malack, he's pretty much all alone now." To put it another way: Malack is alone now, unless Zz'd'tri's teleport was extremely short-range.

(I can't actually understand most of what you've written, but it's clear the discussion was about Zz'd'tri's teleport.)

The Pilgrim
2012-09-01, 10:21 PM

No, he was talking about the LG teleporting to the other side of the Trap to pick up their isolated member before completing their withdraw.

If they didn't, then Malak is still there to be found by the Order.

KillianHawkeye
2012-09-01, 10:48 PM

:elan: It's okay to be confused. Tenses confuse me sometimes, too!

Toy Killer
2012-09-02, 10:42 AM
Maybe Elan is getting Grey hair dye and is going to release the slaves under the disguise as Tarquin, so He can't go down in history as a legend...

so far, Elan and the carpet are missing, and Haley did get touch with some beauty product people earlier...

Morquard
2012-09-03, 09:39 PM
The initial mention of teleport was, "Unless they" — meaning Tarquin and Zz'd'tri — "just teleported on the other side of the door to pick up Malack, he's pretty much all alone now." To put it another way: Malack is alone now, unless Zz'd'tri's teleport was extremely short-range.

(I can't actually understand most of what you've written, but it's clear the discussion was about Zz'd'tri's teleport.)

Yes, thank you, that's exactly what I meant.

Why would anyone even think I was refering to the Order teleporting? First I was talking past tense, so it had happened, second the only ones recently teleported were the LG and third the Order couldn't even teleport if their lives depended on it and fourth why would the order need to teleport? The got magic weapons, that door unless made from adamantine won't hold out for more than 2 rounds. If its adamantine then a bit longer.