PDA

View Full Version : PTA: Heralds of a New Dawn (IC)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

BluesEclipse
2012-11-16, 09:45 PM
Aidan steps towards the Bibarel nearest him, saying, "Deciding to cut and run now, eh... fortunately for you, I have more important things to worry about." Raising his disc-blade, he hurls the weapon up over the Bidoof in front of him, before bringing it slicing down at the Bibarel with a yank of the chain. Another quick yank brings the blade back to him.

Aidan: Arms Attack v BE - AC: [roll0] v 6 + Phys Evasion, [roll1] Normal Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-17, 07:04 AM
Tarna grabs another handful of powder, but seeing that their foes are fleeing, restrains herself from more violence: no point putting the creatures to sleep here.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-17, 11:11 PM
Attacks hit and stuff, the Bibarels getting pounded by the combined attacks. Biberal West spins around wildly, slamming into Aire for pitiful damage. Biberal to the South tries to hit 32, but the underbrush blocks the stream of water. Biberal West is more successful however.

32 takes 21 damage
Aire takes 6

BluesEclipse
2012-11-18, 01:04 AM
Aidan calls out, "Don't let up, Elly. Tackle it!" With a cry, the Eevee steps back slightly before throwing herself at the Bibarel again.

Elly: Tackle v BE - AC: [roll0] v 3 + Phys Evasion, [roll1] Normal Physical Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-18, 06:18 AM
Setha bounds slowly forward, ready to rejoin the fight.

Setha moves to L8.

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-18, 09:07 PM
Loba hops off of Ennis's back and runs over to Bibarel West and delivers a force palm right to the stomach.

[roll0], base 2, paralyze on 18-20
[roll1], fighting type physical damage

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-19, 11:29 PM
The Bidoof continue to flee, each disappearing beyond the brush.

BluesEclipse
2012-11-19, 11:33 PM
Aidan watches the Bidoofs flee calmly before pulling out a Pokeball. "Now that they're out of the way... time to deal with you." He flings the ball at the injured Bibarel near him, watching to see if it connects.

Aidan: Basic Ball on BE - Capture Roll: [roll0]

Gaekub
2012-11-20, 10:36 PM
"Use Psywave!" the doctor shouts, and the Munna floats in front of him before firing a multicolored ray of energy at the Bibarel in front of them.

A few moments later, Vladmir ducks under his pokemon to throw a basic ball the pokemon's way.

32 moves uses Psywave on BW, Vladmir attempts to capture BW

Psywave: [roll0] (AC 5, Sp.)
Damage: [roll1] (Roll of 1,2 = 8 damage, 3 = 17 damage, 4 = 25 damage, no defense, weakness or resistance applies)

Capture Roll: [roll2]

Vladmir: At J7
HP: 36/72
DEX: -2

32: At J8
HP: 11/50
DEF: 11
SDEF: 10
SPD: 2

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-21, 06:51 AM
Ennis rushes over to H14 and attempts to kick the Bibarel in the face.

[roll0]. base 6
[roll1]

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-24, 09:43 AM
Tarna moves to J10.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-25, 06:54 PM
A few failed attacks/balls later, the Bibs retaliate. BE tries to run through Elly, but fails to connect loosing momentum. BW fires at Loba, who ducks and rolls from the blast. BS blasts Ennis for 18 damage (aft ICtaH).

BluesEclipse
2012-11-25, 08:02 PM
Aidan scowls, and calls out, "Elly, move over a bit and use Hidden Power!" The Eevee obliges, moving west a bit around a nearby tree before releasing a blast of wind around itself. Aidan nods, and pulls out another Pokeball - My last regular ball... need to restock once we get to Mauville - and flings it at the Bibarel, watching it carefully.

Elly moves to P12 and attacks BE with Hidden Power. Aidan moves to P9 and throws a Basic Ball at the Bibarel.

Elly: Hidden Power v BE - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion, [roll1] Flying Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

Aidan: Basic Ball v BE - Capture Roll: [roll3]

Aidan:
HP: 52/80
DEX: +1
DR: 5

Kiran:
HP: 8/28
DEF: 6
SDEF: 6
SPD: 10

Eleara:
HP: 40/40
DEF: 10
SPD: 7

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-25, 10:44 PM
Loba responds to the Bibarel with an uppercut to the face.

ac: [roll0], base 3
[roll1]+ pushed 2 meters back, fighting physical damage

Ennis kicks at the one she was fighting again.

[roll2], base 6
[roll3]

Gaekub
2012-11-27, 02:35 AM
Vladmir curses under his breath as both the move and the ball go wild, before throwing another one. "32, protect yourself!" he yells as he looses the ball. "I have a feeling ve are about to come under some fire!"

32 uses defense curl, Vladmir attempts to capture BW.

Capture Roll: [roll0]

DEF: 13

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-27, 06:27 AM
Tarna hurries forward again and hurls a punch at BW.

Move to J10, attack BW.
[roll0] AC 6
[roll1]

Setha moves forward to the now unoccupied J10

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-27, 12:16 PM
Loba's blow deals serious damage to the Bib, knocking it on its back. It gets back up, furious, blasting water at the dog. Ennis braces for a retaliation, but the Bib stands frozen in place. The final Biberal takes a shot at Aidan, blasting him with a face full of water.

Aidan takes 16
Loba takes 15

Gaekub
2012-11-28, 12:28 AM
"Psybeam again, 32!" Vladmir orders, drawing a new ball but holding his fire for now.

32 uses psybeam on BW.

Psybeam: [roll0] (AC 2, confuses on 19-20)
Damage: [roll1] (Psychic Sp.)
Crit: [roll2]

DEF: 13

BluesEclipse
2012-11-28, 01:53 AM
"Give them a hand over there, Elly!" Aidan calls as he whips his disc-blade around at the Bibarel, thinking, Not going to use one of my Great Balls on this thing... may as well just take it out. Elly, meanwhile, charges forward, throwing herself at the first enemy she sees.

Elly moves to L12 and attacks BW with Tackle.
Aidan attacks BE with his disc-blade.

Elly: Tackle v BW - AC: [roll0] v 3 + Phys Evasion, [roll1] Normal Phys Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

Aidan: Disc-Blade v BE - AC: [roll3] v 6 + Phys Evasion, [roll4] Normal Phys Damage plus [roll5] on Crit.

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-28, 12:46 PM
Loba rushes over to help Ennis with the southern Bibarel.

Arms attack
ac: [roll0], base 6
[roll1], normal physical

ac: [roll2], base 2, paralyse on 18-20
[roll3], fighting physical

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-11-30, 06:18 PM
Setha tries to move again.
I thought Setha was already at J10? If not, she moves to J10.

Tarna darts in, again striking out violently at the next bibarel she finds.

Move to K11, attack BW.

[roll0]
[roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-30, 06:36 PM
Two Biberal fall and the third takes revenge on Loba.

I gave you map editing privileges. You can move yourself (since I forget a lot).
Also Loba takes 20

BluesEclipse
2012-12-01, 06:44 PM
As the Bibarel falls, Aidan steps back around the tree and looks at the situation before saying, "Elly... take it down." The Eevee rushes forward with a cry, darting around the larger tree and maneuvering behind the Bibarel before striking it with blinding speed.

Elly moves to I15(jumping over Loba and BS if needed) and uses Quick Attack on BS.

Elly: Quick Attack v BS - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Phys Evasion, [roll1] Normal Physical Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-01, 06:55 PM
Eleara's quick dash knocks the Biberal unconscious. It falls quiet. Almost too quiet. Or maybe your just paranoid. The forest returns to the calm you exprienced before the wave of fur and teeth assaulted you. A quick look around shows that Donny has been laying in some dung for quite a while now, covered in many dirty foot prints.

Alright, Exp time. You guys suck at catching Derps, so no captures.
Echo and Setha gain 3,390 (pre-boosts)
Kiran, Eleara, Aire, Loba, Fido and 32 gain 1,695 (pre-boosts)
And some EP: Eleara and Loba gain a nifty +5 EP, Echo and Aire get a hefty +10 EP.

MintyNinja
2012-12-01, 07:47 PM
Echo wakes up from the beating she took and leaps into the sky. After a few minutes of searching, she finds Donny trampled into the mud and muck of the forest floor. Not able to wake him herself, she flits about the human with the white coat, thinking he could help.

OOC: Vlad, Healz pleaze!

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-02, 04:59 AM
Tarna goes to pick up Setha, concernedly examining her wound, before accepting that it isn't too bad. Setha chirps happily,and Tarna is lost in the rush of their survival. After a time though, she looks around at the churned ground and her injured comrades, and moves over to see who exactly has had been harmed, and how badly.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-02, 09:24 AM
Loba was still standing, but just barely. Ennis returned her, and also Aire. She brought Mar out again.

'Can we get everyone patched up ASAP and hot foot it to town? I don't think anyone wants a repeat of that.'

Gaekub
2012-12-02, 06:28 PM
Vladmir rubs at his face for a few moments, calming himself from the battle, and then looks up at the flitting bat pokemon. "Hm? Vhat is it?" he asks, before glancing towards the pokemons fallen trainer. "Oh, right."

A few stitches and a murky concoction later, Donny is back on his feet.

Heal Donny 20 HP

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-02, 06:59 PM
Tarna nods to Ennis's suggestion, and readies Setha, knowing the dangers of not having a pokemon at the ready.

"She's right, we should get going."
Hoping the others were following now that Donny was back on his feet, she trotted along the route they were taking, hoping they wouldn't have to endure many more of those encounters.

MintyNinja
2012-12-02, 07:02 PM
Donny twitches a bit as the concoction enters his body, but alas, he is still unconscious. Echo flits about nervously and begins screeching at the gathered trainers to do something. Sadly, they can not understand the Zubat and mistake her for being annoying.

OOC: Donny was at -24. Now he's at -4. He has a Super Soda Pop in his gear if you feel like looting him.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-02, 08:10 PM
Ennis sighed as Donny didn't wake. Slapping him a few times didn't seem to work either. 'C'mon, let's just go!' She lifted him over her shoulder and starts to trudge along. 'God damn, he's heavier than he looks. Let's just get him to a center.' She owed him for helping her the other day, so the least she could do was drag his sorry ass back to civilisation.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-02, 08:22 PM
The treck through the rest of the dense forest goes unhindered, Donny waking from his slumber right after getting onto 117. Now both Ennis and Donny smell of Bidoof droppings. 117 is far more peaceful, a beautiful plain full of flowers. You make it through the short route without incident and arrive at Mauville's western entrance at sunset. The town looks quite active, two buildings illuminated quite brightly, Ennis pointing them out as the Gym and Game Corner respectively.

Donny is at 1 HP

MintyNinja
2012-12-02, 08:31 PM
As Donny awakes he returns Echo and starts walking on his own. He doesn't mind the droppings so much, having lived with pokemon in the wild for months at a time. He's not feeling the best, but he gets the gist of what happened in the woods from asking his companions. Echo's valiant fighting, even without a trainer, would be rewarded soon enough. First he needed a place to stay, preferably cheap, and a shower might make his stay less noticeable in the long run. "So, Aidan, you wanna ask around and see if there's anywhere cheap with showers?"

BluesEclipse
2012-12-02, 10:09 PM
Aidan shrugs, and looks for someone who seems approachable. Upon finding someone, he says, "Sorry to bother you, but my friends and I just got into town... I was wondering if you might be able to point us in the direction of a halfway decent motel, by chance?"

WIS Check to find appropriate person: [roll0]
CHA Check to get info: [roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-03, 10:33 PM
You quickly find an old man, who after listening to your question, berates you for not properly introducing yourself, having a generally unkempt appearance and a slew of other insults I can't think of at the moment. At some point he off-handedly mentions the Center including the phrase "moronic child" a few times.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-03, 11:03 PM
Aidan rolls his eyes as he turns away from the man and rejoins the group. Turning to Donny, he says, "Yeah... best move would probably be to find the Pokemon Center first. Someone else can ask, but it shouldn't be too hard to track down..."

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-04, 05:44 AM
Tarna heads towards the pokemon centre, completely oblivious to the fact that this was the obvious choice originally. She opens the door and goes in before taking a seat, and waiting for the others to catch up. It felt good to rest her legs from all that running about.

After a time she goes to the computers and checks to see if her Pansear has attracted any attention on the internet.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-04, 11:34 AM
Ennis trudges off to the Centre after Tarna. She'd ask if they had any shower there, and drop off her team for healing while she was at it.

MintyNinja
2012-12-04, 11:38 AM
Donny follows the lithe woman to the center and when there he asks for a room and directions to a shower. He didn't mind the smell as much as everyone else seemed to, but then he was wearing it for most of the day. He readily pays for the accommodations for himself and retreats to his rented room. He takes as long as he can in the hot shower, appreciating it's warmth over his beaten body. His scarred shoulder hardly twitches at all in the cleansing heat, a sure sign of his fatigue. Once done he retreats to his room for the night, planning to heal Echo in the morning. He's so tired that he doesn't actually release his pokemon and instead lets them sleep in their balls.

Gaekub
2012-12-04, 11:34 PM
Vladmir follows Donny towards the centre without saying a word, and pays for his own accommodations. Unlike the younger man, he releases his pokemon before falling into the bed.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-04, 11:41 PM
Aidan follows the group to the center, making a beeline for the PCs so he can see if there are any worthwhile offers for either of the Pokemon he's offered for trade.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-05, 12:02 PM
Costs ^150 for the night, food and showers included.

Tarna looks at her offer finds an offer for an Igglybuff for the Pansear. Aidan finds a Yamask for the Koffing and a... wait that can't be right. An Absol for a Pansear!? Far less surprising, someone took Ennis' offer for 2 Machops in exchange for a Skitty.

Way I do trades, you won't know anything about the mon besides its species till the trade is complete. They will be roughly the same power level unless the roll was horrible. If you trade a level 10, you won't get a level 1, you'll get like an 8 or something.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-05, 12:19 PM
After she was showered and her team healed up, Ennis changes into her only clean clothes, a pair of jeans and a Hello Skitty t-shirt under her last suit jacket, since she was out of shirts. Then she checks the trades, seeing if anyone offered anything good.

'BOOYA, MOTHER MUCKERS!!!' She smacks the accept key, then starts to do a victory dance.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-05, 02:29 PM
Aidan smiles, and quickly accepts the offer of the Absol for the Pansear. Looking at the other offer of a Yamask for the Koffing, he decides to wait for a bit, and checks the listings to see if there's anyone simply offering cash for one. As an additional thought, he will check to see if he can find anyone interested in buying a Yamask, as well.

Definitely taking the trade for the Absol. The Yamask, not as interested in - TBH, I would prefer to get money at this point than another Pokemon, but it's up to you. If I don't find anything, though, I'll be taking the Yamask as well.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-05, 03:38 PM
Confirmation of Trades:

Aidan accepted both offers, receiving ^1,500 for his Koffing, and a level 12, Adamant, Super Luck, Absol with Faint Attack Egg move and +2/+2 Atk/Spd Natural Edge bonus, who is holding a Razor Claw (crit-fishing build, go figure).

Ennis accepted her off, recieving a level 11, Adamant Skitty, with Cute Charm.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-05, 03:49 PM
Aidan nods as he swaps Saya out of his current team in favor of Korex, and has his Pokemon(including the still stored Sawk) healed up at the center, along with getting himself patched up. Going to have to see about getting some battles in tomorrow so that I can boost my funds more... he thinks to himself, even as he considers the Sawk and what he's going to do with it. Getting a room at the center as well, Aidan decides to relax for the rest of the night, planning to seek out a trainer or two to battle the next morning.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-05, 04:45 PM
Ennis switches out Guau the Houndour for the new Skitty, and then decides to go to a local bar to get some drinks in and celebrate. And if she so happened to overhear any info while she was out drinking .... actually, better not. All the other guys were being a bunch of girl campers and going to bed early, meaning they'd be getting up early. That wasn't a good thing to wake up to with a hangover.

She went outside and sent out Loba and Calor. After this, she'd go to sleep, but she did promise Loba help with her fighting. Better get this over with.

'Yo, Greedy. You want some extra food tonight? If you can beat my girl Loba here, I'll give you another 2 days rations. Unless you're too scared to...'

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-05, 09:05 PM
Tarna takes a gamble, accepting the trade for the Igglybuff, wondering eactly how well the large fluffy pokemon would fit into her team.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-08, 05:45 PM
level 5 Igglybuff
[roll0] 1 is male
[roll1]
[roll2]
I'd like to point out Igglybuff is the lower evolved form. Baby specifically.

Everyone wakes up around 7 am (except Donny, who thanks to his forced power nap, wakes up around 5) to find the town empty, except a few stragglers coming home from the game corner less than sober.

MintyNinja
2012-12-08, 10:47 PM
Donny wakes easily at 5 AM and immediately brings his pokemon down to the main floor of the center to heal Echo. While she's getting patched up, he decides to take his own health into account and seek medical attention.

(I'll pay what I need to get to Full Health for Donny and Echo)

Once that's done, Donny sets out about the empty streets, enjoying it's beauty in the predawn light and keeping an eye open for wild pokemon.

Wilds [roll0]
Wis [roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-08, 10:57 PM
Walking through the empty streets you here the sounds of something rummaging through garbage. Looking down an alley, you spot a small yellow biped head-first into a garbage can. It hasn't noticed you yet.

MintyNinja
2012-12-08, 11:02 PM
Donny quickly scans the yellow pokemon, but instead of sending something out to fight it he decided to throw his Quick Ball first. I gotta catch something, or else I'll just be a hindrance to the others again.

Quick Ball: [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-08, 11:07 PM
The ball absorbs the pokemon, shaking two times before pinging, indicating success.

Male, level 15 Elekid. Adamant, Ice Punch Tutor and Rolling Kick egg moves.

MintyNinja
2012-12-08, 11:15 PM
Donny blinks in surprise as the yellow pokemon disappears into the ball. He doesn't move for a full thirty seconds, until he's startled by his Pokedex identifying the Elekid. "What in the void is the big deal about capturing pokemon? Just throw the ball and they go in!" He walks over and picks up the pokeball containing his newest ally. I'll get a name for you soon enough. Donny continues to walk through out the sleeping city, meandering about until he finds the gym. He is in no hurry.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-08, 11:23 PM
Aidan wakes up, and after his normal morning routine, makes his way to the gym to try and find a battle. Seeing Donny approaching the building as he nears it, Aidan makes his way over to his ally, and says, "Hey. I see we both had the same idea... see about getting a battle or two in, eh? If you like, we could always pair up and pool our resources here..."

MintyNinja
2012-12-08, 11:27 PM
"Morning, Aidan. Yeah, I think a Double Battle would be a good idea. Arachnia needs some training and Masque deserves an easy fight. Lead on," Donny says as he gestures to the Gym door. It would be good if he could battle well, Aidan has only seen him scrap briefly with a gligar and get knocked unconscious by a bidoof swarm.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-08, 11:30 PM
Nodding, Aidan leads the other man into the gym, inquiring with the first person he can corner there about finding a double battle for himself and his friend.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-08, 11:43 PM
Going inside, you see exactly two people, one young looking boy maybe 20 dozing against a wall and another dude with rocking Mohawk and punk rock outfit. The punk grins mischievly, swings his electric guitar from his back and strikes a cord, the note ringing through the speakers of the gym, waking up the young boy. "John, we got challengers. Wake up!" "Alright alright!" They motion you towards the nearest open arena, and after agreeing to the terms, they release their pokemon.

The Punk releases what looks like an Eel, while the kid releases a pink sheep.

MintyNinja
2012-12-08, 11:52 PM
"Alright," Donny says after agreeing to terms. "Masque, let's wake up with a battle. Your favorite, electrics." The Cubone looks confused at the lack of mental connection, but shrugs and steps into the open area.

Masque: HP: 43/43, Def 12, SDef 10, Spd 4

BluesEclipse
2012-12-09, 12:03 AM
Aidan watches the two opponents as they release their Pokemon, and says, "Alright... given that they're using Electric types, the likely option for them is to play a ranged game... Elly, hurry up and close in on the sheep, and distract it!" Elly darts forward, flicking her tail around to try and divert the pink Pokemon's attention. He takes a moment to scan the Pokemon opposite him as well.

Elly moves to K5 and uses Tail Whip on Fl.

Tail Whip v Fl - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Speed Evasion, Target gets -1 Def CS on hit.

Eleara:
HP: 42/42
SPD: 8

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-09, 12:08 AM
The sheep aawwwwwws at the cute little fox. "Fluffs! Shock it!" A blue bolt flies from the sheep towards Elly, before veering and hitting Masque's club. "AW MUK! Screw you and your lightning rod!"

Cheater! :smallannoyed: +1 to your Satk for no reason.

MintyNinja
2012-12-09, 12:12 AM
"It's a legitimate strategy. And besides, you should be used to ground types in here. Masque, close the distance, stare down that eel," Donny commands as he scans the small eel. The Cubone runs forward, staring into it's eyes all the while.

Masque: HP: 43/43, Def 12, SDef 10, Spd 4
Move to F5.
Leer: AC vs 2 [roll0] -1 Def CS on hit. Aimed at Eel.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-09, 12:19 AM
The Eel shivers "Wiggle, slam into it!" The Eel charges forward but Masque ducks out of the way avoiding the blow.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-09, 12:22 AM
Aidan watches briefly as the electric eel - Fitting, I suppose... - misses Masque, and calls out, "Show them how it's done, Elly - tackle that sheep!" Rushing forward, the Eevee launches herself at the pink, fluffy Pokemon with a cry.

Elly uses Tackle! It's... effective enough, I suppose...

Tackle v Fl - AC: [roll0] v 3 + Phys Evasion, [roll1] Normal Phys Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

Eleara:
HP: 42/42

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-09, 12:28 AM
The attack connects, but Elly is knocked back by a burst of electricity, paralyzing her. "Static. Its a legitimate strategy. :smallwink: " The Flaffy dashes at the Cubone, smacking into it for 8 damage.

MintyNinja
2012-12-09, 12:33 AM
"Hmm, I hope this isn't overboard. Masque, hit the sheep with your club," Donny calls out. He scans the sheep, not sure if it will be around next round. He really doesn't want to kill the thing, but it's an electric gym, they must be ready for ground attacks. The Cubone holds no such qualms and spins in place, bringing his club down on the sheep with surprising speed.

Masque: HP: 35/43, Def 12, SDef 10, Spd 4
Bone Club: AC vs 5 [roll0] Flinch on 18+
Ground, Physical: [roll1] If Crit [roll2]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-09, 12:36 AM
Masque club goes wide, spinning him in a small circle. "Heh, smooth kid. Wiggle!" The Tynamo dashes forward, striking Masque in the back for 14 damage.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-09, 12:41 AM
Aidan raises an eyebrow at the comment from the fluffy Pokemon's trainer and says, "You don't hear me complaining - Elly's more than capable of handling what your fluffy bug-zapper can dish out. Now, Tackle him again!" The Eevee turns and charges at the Flaffy, launching herself at the creature's unguarded back.

Elly moves to K5 and uses Tackle.

Tackle v Fl - AC: [roll0] v 3 + Phys Evasion, [roll1] Normal Phys Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-09, 12:49 AM
The Flaafy stumbles back from the attack, but turns around and smacks into Masque knocking him backwards for 15 damage.

MintyNinja
2012-12-09, 12:56 AM
"Hold on, Masque. Just a little longer. Burn the sheep before he can attack again!" The Cubone follows the command with a sick desperation. He hadn't been doing so well with battles and this was supposed to be an easy one. He leans back for a second and brings his flaming fist down quickly on the sheep before running off to the side.

Masque: 6/43, Def 12, SDef 10, Spd 4
Fire Punch: AC vs 2 [roll0] Burn on 19+
Fire, Physical: [roll1] If Crit [roll2]
Move to K7.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-09, 01:06 AM
The flaffy's coat singes as the firey fist knocks it out. "Grrr, Cheeks, lets go!" He releases a small yellow rat, who dashes after Masque, but trips failing to connect. The Tynamo flies into Elly, dealing 15 damage.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-09, 01:11 AM
Aidan smiles as he scans the newly released mon, and says, "Donny, smack that glorified Rattata around a bit while I deal with the eel, alright? Elly, Tackle that Tynamo!" The Eevee replies by stepping back and throwing herself at the floating eel Pokemon.

Tackle - AC: [roll0] v 3 + Phys Evasion, [roll1] Normal Phys Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

Eleara:
HP: 27/42

MintyNinja
2012-12-09, 01:15 AM
"Of course. Masque, beat it down with your club," Donny says as he, too, scans the yellow rodent. Masque winds up and swings at the rodent like pokemon.

Masque: HP: 6/43, Def 12, SDef 10, Spd 4
Bone Club: AC vs 5 [roll0] Flinch 18+
Ground, Physical: [roll1] If Crit [roll2]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-09, 01:26 AM
Elly's tackle connects. Masque's bone swings, hitting the Pika in the cheek. A sickening crack! is heard as its neck swings a bit too far and it goes flying. The kid looks at him and giggles. "Don't worry, he's alive. He likes to pretend. He's been through worse." A closer look shows the Pika has a multitude of scars, its tail and limbs bent at slightly odd angles. Seems this wasn't the first time it survived a normally killing blow.

"Right, revenge then. Wiggles?" The Tynamo charges but trips (its flying how the hell did that happen) and falls short.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-09, 01:30 AM
Aidan blinks, noting the Pikachu's scars, and says, "I see... still, maybe you should train him to dodge, rather than letting him suffer like that? Either way... Elly, Tackle the Tynamo again." Thinking for a moment, he says, "You may want to recall Masque, Donny - he looks like he could use the rest. I'll keep him occupied for you."

Tackle - AC: [roll0] v 3 + Phys Evasion, [roll1] Normal Phys Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-09, 01:35 AM
The Tynamo falls and is replaced by a Zebra. "Hey! I don't tell you how to train your pokemon! Wattson gave me Cheeks personally!" "Calm down kid! Stripes, Quick Attack." The zebra charges at Masque, dealing 7 damage.

MintyNinja
2012-12-09, 01:43 AM
A Blitzle... Masque, this is too familiar.... "Headbutt. Take it down, now!" Donny calls out. Memories flood his mind and his shoulder aches with remembered flames. The last time he saw his brother. Alan and his damn Blitzle. Masque charges at the striped creature and throws himself head first at it.

Masque: HP: 6/43, Def 12, SDef 10, Spd 4
Headbutt: AC vs 2 [roll0] Flinch 15+
Normal, Physical: [roll1] If Crit [roll2]

BluesEclipse
2012-12-09, 01:50 AM
Seeing the Blitzle preparing to lunge as it shakes off Masque's attack, Aidan says, "Stop it in its tracks with a Quick Attack of your own, Elly!" The Eevee darts forward, slamming itself into the Blitzle's side as it does.

Quick Attack - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Phys Evasion, [roll1] Normal Phys Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-09, 01:52 AM
Elly strikes the Blitzle in its flank, dropping the weakened equine. "Nice match you two. Kept the pressure on us. Here, you earned it." They give you your prize money and leave you to mill about the empty gym.

2100 Exp

BluesEclipse
2012-12-09, 02:04 AM
Aidan takes the prize money, handing Donny half, and says, "Nicely done... Masque is pretty tough, there. Though I don't know what that kid was thinking... sending something that frail out against an opponent he knows can use its weakness is just asking for it to get killed, tough Pokemon or not." Shaking his head as he and the other trainer head out the door, he says, "Either way, I do plan on looking for another battle or two - I want to boost my finances a bit while we have time. You have any specific plans for the day, or no?"

MintyNinja
2012-12-09, 02:07 AM
"Specifically? Not really. I think we should try and contact our employers, but that can wait for now," Donny says as he returns Masque. He takes his share of the money from Aidan before asking, "You know, I don't have a very large team. And I haven't seen you use that Sawk from earlier, would you be willing to trade or sell it to me? I could use a decent battler."

BluesEclipse
2012-12-09, 02:13 AM
Thinking for a moment, Aidan says, "Sawk is a solid fighting Pokemon, definitely - but I really don't think he'd fit in with the team I have. I'd be willing to let it go for $1000, if you like - you'd probably get charged a bit more on the open market, but I figure this helps our team as a whole anyway. I even had him healed up last night, so if you want, we can swing by the center to grab him, and you can see how he does in a battle - if you don't mind joining me in another double? We seem to work well enough togehter, given that we haven't tried coming up with any specific joint tactics like some of the established teams would."

MintyNinja
2012-12-09, 02:16 AM
"I can do ^1000, thanks. Yeah, let's head back and get him. Another battle would be good, I never got to use Arachnia in this one," Donny says. He follows the other man, not entirely focused on the walk. Maybe we should check out local rumors about rebellion support? he thinks to himself as he walks.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-09, 02:23 AM
Heading back to the Pokemon Center, Aidan appropriates a PC to send the sale offer of the Sawk to Donny, waiting for the other man to confirm it. Deciding not to worry about healing Eleara just yet, he will then lead Donny back out into the city to look for other trainers who might be interested in a double battle. "I'll have to lead with Korex this time... oh, I don't think I ever mentioned to you that I got an offer back from that other Pansear I had caught. You'll be surprised when you see it..." Aidan can't stop his face from splitting into a grin at the thought of the deal he got from that Pokemon.

MintyNinja
2012-12-09, 09:53 AM
Donny follows Aidan and confirms the trade with the Sawk and the cash as is appropriate. He also doesn't heal Masque yet, planning to heal his pokemon at the same time later. "As long as I get a chance to scan this... Korex. Where'd you think of a name like that, anyways?"

BluesEclipse
2012-12-09, 03:40 PM
Aidan shrugs, replying, "To be honest, my names tend to just come to me - they generally don't have any specific meanings or anything... they just sound right."

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-09, 06:02 PM
Tarna set out after the other two and watched their battle in the electric gym, once they were done, she went in search of enemies of her own, looking to push Setha even more after her success against the Bibarel and Bidoof.

Gaekub
2012-12-10, 11:50 PM
Vladmir wakes up, and pays to have both 32 and Fido healed before heading off into town to see if anything interesting presents itself.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-11, 10:50 AM
Mesi forgot about me :smalleek:

Since the stupid thing had just stood there, gaping at her, Ennis returned it in frustration. She then got an early night after a quick shower.

She then heads on over to the electric gym. Those poor saps used electric types, and Tierra could use a little exercise.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-14, 10:56 AM
Everyone who wants a battle, roll d100, tell me how many and what mon your using, wager, and how/where you are looking. Bear in mind the time.

Vlad

As you stroll through the empty streets, someone gives you a hard whack on the back. It stung, but was more startling than anything. AHA! Another early riser eh? At our age, its a worthy trait. HAHAHAHAH! You turn around to see a thick bellied, older man. He is balding with a full, bushy white beard and an eternal smile. What brings you to this part of town so early my good man?

Int check and your near by the Casino atm. Also: I couldn't find Vlad's age but I remember him being older.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-14, 12:25 PM
[roll0]

Electric Gym

4 mon, 1200 bet

Rawf, Calor, Loba, Tierra

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-14, 01:38 PM
[roll0]

Electric Gym

2 on 2.

Bet ^500.

Setha and Firelle

MintyNinja
2012-12-14, 01:39 PM
[roll0]
Strolling with Aidan.
1 Pokemon: Arachnia (Spinarak, Lv 12)
^800 Wager.

As Donny walks with Aidan he considers his newest acquisition. A fighting type, Sawk to be exact. Should probably have a fighting name, right? Boxer. Boxer sounds good. Sure, he's not a Hitmonchan, but it still seems appropriate.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-14, 10:23 PM
Walking along through Mauville, Aidan looks around for other trainers that might be interested in a battle, thinking about his newest acquisition. Better get him used to working with me in a low-stakes fight... he thinks to himself, keeping his eyes peeled as he leads the two towards the western entrance to the city, hoping to catch a couple of trainers either arriving or departing who are up for a quick match.

[roll0]
Looking for trainers passing through the western entrance of town, and who would be willing to battle - double battle against me and Donny preferred, but 2v2 single if not.
Pokemon Used: Korex, Zex(If 2v2 Single Battle).

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 08:07 PM
Ennis
You find a spunky young kid roaring to go. He proudly shows you his four pokeballs before sending out a cat.

Tarna
You find a older man with a calm demeanor, accepting your challenge. He sends out a short yellow biped.

Donny and Aidan
You catch two traveling trainers, early twenties. They seem quite competent. They agree to your challenge, sending out a metal disk and a pokemon with baggy pants. At least they look like pants.

Alright need your opening mon for init. Only Donny and Aidan get a map, simple 1 on 1 wont need a map.

MintyNinja
2012-12-15, 08:18 PM
Donny scans both before sending Arachnia out in front of the pants wearing pokemon. With a quick mental thrust he reestablishes the connection between the Spinarak and himself and says to her, "Okay, girl, we gotta kick some ass today."

Arachnia: HP 33/33, Def 2, SDef 5, Spd 8
At K11

BluesEclipse
2012-12-15, 08:22 PM
Aidan scans the baggy pants mon as he releases Korex, a smirk on his face as he turns to Donny briefly. "Donny... allow me to introduce you to Korex." Turning back to the battle, he calls out, "Let's see what you've got, Korex - Faint Attack the disc!"

Requested CHA: [roll0]

Korex
HP: 36/36
DEF: 7
SDEF: 7
SPD: 14

MintyNinja
2012-12-15, 08:30 PM
Donny's eyes go wide as Aidan releases the white pokemon. It was something he'd never seen before, but it looked as dangerous as the Void. With Aidan's command Donny snapped back to attention and mentally commanded Arachnia as well, Thread up to the pokemon in front of you and stab it with your poisonous horn. The Spinarak agrees silently and attempts to do just that.

Arachnia: HP 33/33, Def 2, SDef 5, Spd 8
Thread up to K3.
Poison Jab: AC vs 2 [roll0] Poison on 15+
Poison, Physical: [roll1] If Crit [roll2]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 08:43 PM
The Absol appears on the field and stands for a moment. He turns around and stares at Aidan. No. It dashes forward and swipes at the disc pokemon (Bronzor), but its steel hide took the brunt of the attack. Arachnia scurried forward and jabbed the pants pokemon (Scraggy) making it grunt.

The duo stare at each other and nod. "Was that a faint attack? It didn't look like a faint attack. Disk would be more hurt." "Eh whatever. Jeans, aim low!" "Right, Disk confuse the bug!" The Scraggy waddles across the field holding its pants up, sweeping Korex off his feet causing him to crash to the ground hard. He doesn't get back up. The Bronzor sends wave of psychic energy at Arachnia, dazing her.

Korex ignored Aidan! Korex used Scratch on the Bronzor
Arachnia was hit for 16 damage.
Korex took 60 damage. Ouch

MintyNinja
2012-12-15, 08:57 PM
Donny's face twists as he hears Arachnia scream in pain through his mental connection. She was hurting, badly. She wouldn't be awake much longer, so he borrows Poison Jab while he can. It's gonna be okay, Arachnia. It's gonna be okay. Just throw a sting at that same guy and thread back here. You can do it, he encourages her. To Aidan he says, "I can't do a thing against the disc. Looks steel type to me, and that means he's practically immune to all of Arachnia's moves."

Donny Borrows Poison Jab.

Arachnia: HP 1/33, Def 2, SDef 5, Spd 8
Poison Sting: AC vs 2 [roll0] Poison on 17+
Poison, Physical: [roll1] If Crit [roll2]
Thread to J10 Afterwards.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-15, 08:57 PM
Sighing at the Absol's defiance, Aidan says, "Suppose I see why I got him for a Pansear... Still, I can work with him. Anyway..." Recalling the Absol, he then releases Zex near the yellow Pokemon, and calls out, "Tear 'em up, Zex! Scratch!" The Sneasel nods, and dashes forward, slicing at Jeans in passing, and striking at Disk as he skids to a stop next to Arachnia.

Recalling Korex, releasing Zex at E3. Zex uses Scratch on Jeans and Disk, ending at K2.

Scratch v Jeans - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Phys Evasion, [roll1] Normal Phys Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

Scratch v Disk - AC: [roll3] v 4 + Phys Evasion, [roll4] Normal Phys Damage plus [roll5] on Crit.

Zex
HP: 41/41
SPD: 19

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 09:06 PM
Arachnia's attack hits the Scraggy in the back, followed by Zex swiping through both the pokemon. The Scraggy falls "Disk, confusion again! Hit the newcomer!" "No wait-" But it was too late, the attack flies towards the dark type but just washes over. "Damnit, Sneasel are dark types!" "You should have told me sooner!" A red lizard with flame on his tail shows on the field.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-15, 09:16 PM
Quickly scanning the fire lizard, Aidan calls out, "I don't like the look of that one... Zex, make another pass!" The Sneasel responds by darting back across the field, scratching at both the floating Disk and the flame-tailed creature.

Zex moves to F4, using Scratch on both enemy mon.

Scratch v Disk - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Phys Evasion, [roll1] Normal Phys Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

Scratch v Lizard - AC: [roll3] v 4 + Phys Evasion, [roll4] Normal Phys Damage plus [roll5] on Crit.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 09:21 PM
The Bronzor takes the attack. It finally looks like its weakening. The Lizard grunts from the attack. "Burn it." The lizard (Charmeleon) grins and breaths a small gout of fire on the demon-weasel. Zex writhes in pain before falling to the conflagration.

Zex took 52 damage

MintyNinja
2012-12-15, 09:27 PM
As Zex falls, Donny sees one option open up to him. Arachnia, you see the fire lizard? Fire BAD! No Fire! It's gonna be okay girl, you can do it, I know you can. One more Poison Jab, then you can go to sleep. Promise? I promise. With that the Spinarak threads herself to the fiery lizard and jabs at him with her poisonous horn.

Arachnia: 1 HP.
Threaded roll: vs 6 [roll0]
Poison Jab: AC vs 2 [roll1] Poison on 15+
Poison, Physical: [roll2] If Crit [roll3]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 09:30 PM
Archnia's jab causes the Charmeleon to fall, succumbing to the poison. "Good on ya, now Disk, finish it!" The Bronzor flies at the bug, slamming into it.

I didn't roll, just set it to -10.

MintyNinja
2012-12-15, 09:41 PM
Donny returns the Spinarak when he feels her surprise and jubilation end. She had just been telling him how she beat the "bad fire" when she was hit. She was sleeping peacefully now in her ball, so he hoped. "I seem to be low on options, I hope this one doesn't hate me," he mutters as he releases the Elekid he caught earlier next to the Bronzor. He presses for the connection, hoping that the little yellow pokemon wouldn't fight too hard. You're in a battle. If you win, I'll get you tasty, tasty food. With batteries on the side. Now, step back, and roll at the blue disc with a kick!

Charisma: [roll0]

Buzz: HP 42/42, Def 4, SDef 10, Spd 11
Rolling Kick: AC vs 4 [roll1] Flinch on 15+
Fighting, Physical: [roll2] If Crit [roll3]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 09:46 PM
What? WHO!? WAH! The Elekid is quite confused but he still followed your orders. Or at least reacted in accordance with them. The Bronzor falls, being replaced by a bird. "Mimicry, your up next." What's going on!? Who are you!? What about food? The bird charges at the little guy, but he ducks out of the way at the last second.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-15, 09:54 PM
'Dogs eat cats. Go Guau, cook it for breakfast.'

HP: 23/23
Def: 3
SDef: 5
Spd: 10

MintyNinja
2012-12-15, 09:55 PM
Trust me, food is coming. But you have to stop that bird! Use your Ice Punch! That should finish this the quickest and then you can be fed, Donny tells the Elekid. He didn't seem angry, so that was good news. Just confused.

Ice Punch: AC vs 2 [roll1] Freeze on 19+
Ice, Physical: [roll2] If Crit [roll3]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 10:03 PM
Food? WHERE!? BIRD! The excitable little guy fires off a burst of electricity, blasting the bird. "Mimicry, Sing!" The Chatot sings a sweet melody, but doesn't seem to actually do anything.

Ennis
"Funny. Spark! Spark!" The cat charges forward, sparks flying off slamming into the Houndour, dealing 35 points of damage. The dog moans before falling. "So much for cats vs dogs."

MintyNinja
2012-12-15, 10:09 PM
Food happens when you use Ice Punch. Otherwise the bird might just get your food, Donny tells Buzz. Hopefully the new tactic would work. He also scans the bird in case the Elekid really did use Ice Punch. It probably wouldn't last very long if he did.

Ice Punch: AC vs 2 [roll1] Freeze on 19+
Ice, Physical: [roll2] If Crit [roll3]

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-15, 10:11 PM
Ennis returns the little guy. Eager, but not exactly strong. 'Too bad for you I have another dog.'

Loba takes centre stage.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 10:15 PM
My food! No for bird! Another burst of electricty, the bird falls. "You two aren't very good at commanding your mon are you?" "You know, we shouldn't talk. We still lost"

There is your money ^800 each. 2620 exp pre bonus and Arachnia gains +5 EP

Ennis
"Funny, Spark, hit him with a Tackle!" The Luxio dashes forward, but Loba deflects the charge. The Luxio glares at Loba, intimidating him.

-1 Attack stage.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-15, 10:18 PM
Aidan shrugs, and says, "Eh, you know how it can be with new Pokemon. Though I see now why I was able to get Korex in exchange for a Pansear... good match, though." Taking the money, he turns to Donny and says, "You really pulled that one out for us. Nicely done... want to try and find another, or just head back and meet up with the others?"

MintyNinja
2012-12-15, 10:23 PM
"I think my little performance with Buzz," Donny says indicating the Elekid, "proves that I need more time to work with my pokemon. I wouldn't want to risk Echo to an electric type and I haven't had a chance to talk to that Sawk you sold me yet. I'm going to head to the center and get these guys patched up. Maybe check out the Casino too." Once the other trainers have paid up and left he adds, "Could you contact our employers, see what kind of support we can expect in Slateport?"

The Elekid comes off the battle field and asks, mentally, Where's the food? Come with me, we're going to get some. What kind would you like?

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-15, 10:29 PM
'Loba, Shoryuken!'

[roll0], base 2, para on 18-20
[roll1], fighting physical

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 10:34 PM
Donny
Juice! Like juice! He jumps up and down, pointing to his prongs, sparks jumping across them.

Ennis
The Luxio brushes off the attack leering at Loba, shaking him.

-1 Defense

BluesEclipse
2012-12-15, 10:39 PM
Nodding, Aidan says, "I know what you mean... Checking out the casino doesn't sound like a bad plan. I'll come along with you, and we can call the boss later." He makes sure to keep his words vague as he speaks, following Donny back towards the Center, and paying to have his Pokemon healed there. Going to have to work with Korex, it seems...

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-15, 10:42 PM
'Okay, time to hit for real'

[roll0], base 3
[roll1], push 2 meters, fighting physical

MintyNinja
2012-12-15, 10:43 PM
As they reach the center Donny pays to heal up Masque and Arachnia, costing him over half of his most recent winnings. He asks a nurse, "Excuse me, I just caught an Electric Type and he seems to want to eat Electricity... This being Mauville I'm sure it's a stupid question, but could you tell me what I'm looking for?"

Wisdom: [roll1] <-- To make me feel better about myself.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 10:45 PM
The Luxio goes flying, tumbling like a rag doll. "There you go! Took ya long enough girly. Blitz, short 'em out!" The kid released a zebra, who unleashes a wave of electricity, paralyzing him.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-15, 10:54 PM
'Same as before girl, same as before!'

para roll: [roll0], 6+ to act
[roll1], base 2, para 18-20
[roll2], fighting physical

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 10:59 PM
The Blitzle stumbles backwards, but stays standing. "Shockwave!" Another slightly different wave of electricty rolls off the zebra, enveloping Loba for 21 damage.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-15, 11:04 PM
'Finally you hit me! Was begining tothink you had no balls.'

[roll0], beat 7
[roll1], base 2
[roll2]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 11:07 PM
"Balls?! HA! Your a girl! You have no balls! Plug, shock and awe!" Releasing a yellow biped, the thing shocks Loba, for 18 damage.

MintyNinja
2012-12-15, 11:10 PM
After learning about how Ergovores can eat batteries, and remembering that he needed food for Boxer, Donny stops at a Mart and buys the needed foods (-^750). Donny lets Buzz eat before he returns him and then he and Aidan head over to the Mauville Casino. It's still early in the day so Donny has no idea what to expect here.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-15, 11:15 PM
'Yeah, I may not have any balls. But after I take yours, I'll hang em above my mantelpiece.'

She sends out Tierra, the whole reason she came here. He should rip through this kid's cocky attitude.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 11:18 PM
"Funny, Swift!" The Elekid barrages the Trapinch with a flurry of shimmering stars, for 15 damage.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-15, 11:22 PM
'Almost as funny as that face of yours.'

[roll0], base 2
[roll1] ground type, speed lowered 1CS

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 11:27 PM
The churning earth knocks out the Elekid, who is replaced by a grey ball with magnets. It emits a piercing scream, confusing Tierra. Seems the kid wasn't in the mood to talk.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-15, 11:32 PM
Tierra tries his best to kick some magnet ass, loosening the sand under it to trap it.

Sand Tomb
[roll0], confusion roll
[roll1], base 4
[roll2], ground, physical, trap

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 11:33 PM
The kid smiles and the Magnemite emits another piercing scream, dealing 20 damage to Tierra.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-15, 11:37 PM
Dammit! Didn't want to rely on this one, not while he was still not broken. But no choice.

'Go, Calor!'

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 11:39 PM
"Giving up so soon?" The Magnemite continues to make noise, confusing Calor. Can't catch a break can you?

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-15, 11:46 PM
'Calor, that's a tin can and you're hungry. Bust it open!'

Cha roll:[roll0]
confusion: [roll1]
[roll2], base 2, burn on 18-20
[roll3]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 11:49 PM
Calor fights through the confusion and fires off the attack. Wait, he listened to you? HOLY MUK! Wait, why is it still standing? "Problem?" The magnemite screeches, dealing 20 points of damage to Calor.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-15, 11:55 PM
'Please Calor! This once!'

Cha roll:[roll0]
confusion: [roll1]
[roll2], base 2, burn on 18-20
[roll3], fire, special

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-15, 11:58 PM
Calor looks motivated but trips over his own feet. Looking at the turtle in dismay, a burst of electricity hits the ground near him. "Damn!"

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-15, 11:59 PM
'Attaboy! You can win this, big guy!'

confusion: [roll0]
[roll1], base 2, burn on 18-20
[roll2], fire, special

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-16, 12:04 AM
The flame burns the Magnemite, but it stays standing, barely. "Tough bugger isn't it? Sonicboom!" The Magnemite screeches, dealing another 20 damage.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-16, 12:22 AM
'Last try. Don't hit yourself and you'll get extra pudding!'

[roll0] confusion roll
[roll1] base 2, burns 18-20
[roll2], fire special

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-16, 12:25 AM
The flames consumed the steel type, clinking to the floor. "Awww I thought i had you. Here take your damn money."

^1200 and 2112 between your four mon (after bonus)

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-16, 04:06 AM
Tarna greets the the old man coolly. "Right then let's begin this." With a flick of her wrist she released Setha from her pokeball to stare at the creature across the field and then scans her opponent.

Gaekub
2012-12-16, 09:50 PM
"Not much, just out for my morning stroll," the doctor replies cautiously.

Vlad looks about 60.
Int check: [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-16, 10:30 PM
Tarna

The pokemon (Elekid) fires off a burst of electricty, but it goes wide.

It was faster but I rolled a 1 :smallmad:

Vlad

Wait a moment. Big smile, rolling belly, raucous laughter? This must be Wattson, Mauville's Gym leader. Just a stroll eh? Right on ya mate. Are ya hungry? I know this great place. Their flapjacks are to die for! He gives you a weird eyebrow wiggle and an honest grin, waiting for your response.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-17, 04:07 AM
Everything is faster than Setha!

Setha darts forwards, her paws crackling with a fell energy as she slices at the Elekid.

Shadow Claw! Physical, Dark
[roll0] AC 2, crit 18-20
[roll1]
If Crit, damage [roll2]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-17, 11:04 AM
The Elekid stumbles, holding its sides. It retailiates with a wave of electricity washing over Setha for 25 damage.

Auto-Hit move :smallwink:

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-17, 12:42 PM
Setha grimaces as she is singed by the attack, her half healed wounds breaking open and causing her yet more hurt. She staggers around before delivering two brutal kicks to the electric creature.

Double Kick, fighting Physical
[roll0] AC 3
[roll1]

[roll2] AC 3
[roll3]

If one or more hits then add 12 damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-17, 04:16 PM
Elekid goes down. The man replaces him with an eel, who opens with a beam of electricity, dealing 26 to Setha.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-17, 04:38 PM
Setha cries out before slumping to the ground. Tarna reached for her belt and gripping the pokeball firmly released Firelle, the simisear, before scanning the opponent.
The large fire monkey stared at her opponent strangely, her rather comic face not looking particularly daunting.

The Simisear suddenly darted forwards, mouth agape and bit the eel hard, trying to crush it.

Bite, Dark, Physical
[roll0] AC 2, 15-20 flinches
[roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-17, 04:42 PM
The Tynamo flinches, unable to act.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-17, 04:44 PM
Firelle attacks again, unwavering in her desire to eat the small white eel thing.

Bite Dark, Physical
[roll0] AC 2, 15-20 flinches
[roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-17, 04:45 PM
Bite is EoT. you have to use a different move.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-17, 04:49 PM
My rulebook says At Will :smallconfused: if that's wrong then I'll use Fury Swipes

[roll0] AC 4
[roll1]
[roll2] AC 4
[roll3]
[roll4] AC 4
[roll5]
[roll6] AC 4
[roll7]
[roll8] AC 4
[roll9]

if one hits add 15 damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-17, 04:54 PM
No your right. I'm sick and not thinking straight. You won. 800 exp for Setha and your 500 reward.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-17, 05:23 PM
Ok, I should be right eventually after all the mistakes I make :smallbiggrin: Hope you feel better soon

Tarna watched as the Tynamo collapsed, calling Firelle back over and praising her, rubbing the soft fur on the top of her head. "Well done you, we really showed them didn't we!"

She collected her prize quietly, not wanting to aggravate the loser, and then headed to the poke centre to get Setha all healed up.

Gaekub
2012-12-18, 12:56 AM
Vlad shoots the boisterous man a cautious look, his own bushy eyebrows wrinkling. "Sure, vhy not," he answers. "Old man like me, can't skip breakfast like I used to."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-19, 10:00 PM
Al and Irn, your not currently doing anything. Post what you want to be up too.

Old Man
Wattson leads you away from the Game Corner, you walk past Donny and Aidan on the way. He takes you to a small little cafe/bistro on a corner of a smaller street near the southern outskirts of the city. The place was cozy, reminded you alot of some of the cafe's back in Goldenrod.

You get a table and he orders for the both of you. Triple stack of Electrifiying Flapjacks. He looks at you for a moment, being unusually quiet. If I may be so bold Vladimir, why have you come to Mauville?

Lets assume you exchanged pleasantries on the walk to the cafe.

Gamblers
You walk towards the Game Corner on the southeast side of the city, passing Vlad and a boisterous older man (Int check if you like). You are greeted by a tired looking young man. It seems it was near the end of his graveyard shift. A quick look around shows there are slot machines, dice games and three different kinds of card games to be had, and a door in the back that said FRIENDLY JOUSTS.

Take your pick of what you want to do. The card games are Blackjack, Poker, and Texas Hold 'em. I'll explain how the games will work once you've chosen.

MintyNinja
2012-12-19, 10:05 PM
Donny purposefully doesn't acknowledge Vlad as they pass in case he was doing something important. He tried searching his memory to see why the old man with him looked kinda familiar, but he didn't have much hope. ([roll0])

As he explores the Casino he decides to try his luck in a dice game. At first, unsure of how to play, he just watches other patrons.

After a while he notices that in order to play, he needs a different currency. He goes up to the teller and buys 9 of these Coins [-^450] and then tries his hand at the game. He rolls a 1 and a 6. (Rolled OOC)

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-19, 10:23 PM
Rolled to see how much you wagered. All mukking 9.

Donny seemingly foolishy bets all his coins on a pair of dice rolls. He chucks them onto the board, clatter against the back wall. The first die lands on a 6 almost immediately! The second continues to tumble a bit more. For a moment it looks like it will land on a 4, but it tips over showing a 1. Thats seven sir! Here ya go, 18 coins. There is a polite clap from a pretty lady across the table. She eyes Donny with vivid interest.

MintyNinja
2012-12-19, 10:30 PM
Donny's normally impassive face breaks into a wide grin. This was something new. A nice little rush with some actually non-dangerous consequences. He pushes forward 4 Coins and rolls again: [roll0] [roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-19, 10:33 PM
Clatter clatter, the die fall to 11. Sorry sir. The worker takes your coins, offering you the dice again. The woman saunters over and jingles coins in your hand. I'll double what your wager sweetie. She says breathily, winking. She is heavily make-upped and wearing a rather gaudy and revealing mini-dress. It is difficult to tell her age due to her extravagant and heavy attire.

MintyNinja
2012-12-19, 10:37 PM
"Is that right?" Donny responds. It slips his mind that it's so early in the day that this may not be normal behavior. In fact he couldn't actually remember what time it was. He pushes 5 Coins forward and rolls again, still smiling: [roll0] [roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-19, 10:39 PM
The women plops down 5 coins next to yours. The dice fall to the same result. The man collects your coins. She grabs your hand and gently tugs. C'mon Sweetie, lets do another game. She says pleadingly.

MintyNinja
2012-12-19, 11:30 PM
Growing a little frustrated Donny jerks his arm away from her and pushes his remaining coins forward. If he did it once, he could do it again! [roll0] [roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-19, 11:33 PM
The girl looks rather miffed, you roll the dice before she can really react. They clunk onto the table and land on Seviper Eyes! Well done Sir! The women stares, mouth agape. Bet it all again! Its your lucky strategy!

BluesEclipse
2012-12-19, 11:37 PM
While Donny heads over towards the dice games, Aidan makes his way over to the card tables after picking up some coins himself. Looking over the various games, he decides to find an open seat at one of the Hold 'Em Poker tables.

Buying 14 coins for ^700, and I'll need rules for how we're doing Texas Hold 'Em.

MintyNinja
2012-12-19, 11:37 PM
"Why not, right?" says Donny as he smiles again. He figured it out. He wasn't leaving here with any coins. He'd just keep betting and betting until he was out. He could see how the game got a hold of him so easily now. "Actually, tell you what. I'll flip on it. Heads (1) I roll again on everything. Tails (2) I walk away."

[roll0]

If 1, [roll1] [roll2]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-19, 11:58 PM
Aidan sits down at the small bets table. The Dealer introduces the rules to him. Standard Play 'Em Orre Hold 'Em. Big Blind is 2 coins, small blind is 1 coin. I'm the small blind currently. Aidan takes a seat and the dealer deals the cards to Aidan and the three other patrons (a grungy looking middle-aged man, a young lady in a miniskirt, and a boy who looks to young to gamble).

Aidan recieves his two cards. A quick peek reveals the Ace of Diamonds and the 10 of Spades. The Grungy guy raises 1 coin.

Positions, going clockwise:
Dealer (S)
Miniskirt (B)
Grungy Guy
Aidan
Young Boy
Pot: 6
Aidan's turn to place a bet.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 12:09 AM
Aidan looks at his cards briefly, closing his eyes pensively after glancing at them. Nodding, he tosses his coins into the pot, muttering "Call."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-20, 12:16 AM
Young Boy calls, dealer calls and Miniskirt folds rather miffed at her poor hand. The flop comes, King of Hearts, 3 of Hearts and 8 of Diamonds

Grungy raises 1.
Dealer (S)
Miniskirt (B)
Grungy Guy
Aidan
Young Boy
Pot: 15

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 12:18 AM
Aidan meets Grungy's eyes with a smile, and tosses two coins of his own onto the table. "Raise again."

Attempting to bluff: [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-20, 12:23 AM
Young Boy calls, dealer calls and Grungy calls as well. The turn comes, 10 of Spades. Grungy checks.

Dealer (S)
Miniskirt (B)
Grungy Guy
Aidan
Young Boy
Pot: 25

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 12:26 AM
Aidan watches the turn card hit the table, and taps the table briefly before saying, "Check."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-20, 12:34 AM
House and Grungy calls, River comes as 2 of Clubs and Grungy raises 1.
Dealer (S)
Miniskirt (B)
Grungy Guy
Aidan
Young Boy
Pot: 26

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 12:35 AM
Aidan looks at the coin Grungy slips forward, then at his own cards, and at the flop. Finally, he smirks, and tosses three of his coins forward. "Raise." he says, the confident smirk remaining on his face.

Bluffing: [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-20, 12:41 AM
House, Young Boy and Grungy calls.

Dealer (S)
Miniskirt (B)
Grungy Guy
Aidan
Young Boy
Pot: 37

Gaekub
2012-12-20, 12:42 AM
"I am on an errand," he replies slowly. "For a friend. She is... very persuasive. Perhaps you know her?"

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 12:47 AM
Aidan nods, and says, "Check."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-20, 12:54 AM
Cards are flipped. Young Boy proudly shows his King and Queen, racking in the pot. Grungy moans loudly before throwing in his blind along with Miniskirt, who squeaks at Grungy's groan. Young Boy just giggles.

Dealer
Miniskirt (S)
Grungy Guy (B)
Aidan
Young Boy
Pot: 3

MintyNinja
2012-12-20, 12:56 AM
Donny finds Aidan at a table playing cards and joins in. It's Play Em Orre Hold Em, one of the few games he actually knows about. Maybe his luck would follow him here. Sorry about reposting.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-20, 01:07 AM
Aidan receives King of Diamonds and 7 of Spades. Donny receives Queen of Spades and Jack of Clubs.

Dealer
Miniskirt (S)
Grungy Guy (B)
Aidan
Young Boy
Pot: 3

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 01:08 AM
Aidan looks at his cards, and nods, tossing two of his coins into the pot. "Call."

MintyNinja
2012-12-20, 01:09 AM
Donny also places two coins down and says, "Call." He hoped he wouldn't bankrupt his friend, but it's all just games, right?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-20, 01:18 AM
Young Boy, Dealer and Miniskirt Call, Grungy checks and the comes the River. 9 of Clubs, 3 of Clubs and Ace of Spades (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwC2QljLn4).

Dealer
Miniskirt (S)
Grungy Guy (B)
Aidan
Young Boy
Pot: 12

Old Man
Wattson nods slowly, his face unresponsive. I saw you coming out of the forest on Route 117. Not many people stray from the Routes, not without a good reason. Or a bad one. Trying to escape something or someone usually. I only ask, Vladmir, as I am concerned for my citizens and I'd prefer you not drag anything or anyone dangerous to my fair city. You didn't bring anything dangerous did you?

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 01:21 AM
Aidan taps the table, muttering "Check." as he does. As the other players bet, he watches them to see if he can get a read on them.

Cha Check for Bluffing others: [roll0]
Wis Check for detecting Bluffs: [roll1]

MintyNinja
2012-12-20, 01:23 AM
Donny looks at his cards for the first time then at the cards on the table. He places two more coins down and says, "Raise."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-20, 01:26 AM
All check.

Dealer
Miniskirt (S)
Grungy Guy (B)
Aidan
Young Boy
Pot: 22

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 01:27 AM
Aidan looks at his cards for a moment, then nods and tosses two coins into the pot himself. "Call."

Wis Check for Bluff Detection: [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-20, 01:29 AM
9 of Diamonds.

Dealer
Miniskirt (S)
Grungy Guy (B)
Aidan
Young Boy
Pot: 24

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 01:31 AM
Aidan blinks, before saying, "Check."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-20, 01:37 AM
Young Boy Raises 2, checks for Dealer and Miniskirt, Grungy folds.

Dealer
Miniskirt (S)
Grungy Guy (B)
Aidan
Young Boy
Pot: 30

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 01:38 AM
Aidan nods, and says, "Suit yourself, kid... all in." With that, he pushes his last two chips into the pot.

Epic Cha Check of Epic Bluffing: [roll0]

MintyNinja
2012-12-20, 01:40 AM
"Heh, we'll see what you got," Donny says as he adds his two coins and says "Call."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-20, 01:42 AM
The River, 9 of Spades. Aidan and Donny check, the whole table folds after Aidan goes all in. Cards are flipped. Dealer: 4 of Diamonds, 3 of Hearts, Full House, 4 high. Miniskirt: 10 of Spades, 3 of Diamonds, Full House, 10 high. Grungy: 6 of Spades, Jack of Hearts, 3 of a Kind, Jack high. Young boy: 7 of Diamonds, 5 of Clubs. 3 of a kind, 7 High.

Aidan wins with a King high and a very nice bluff.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 01:51 AM
Gathering his coins, Aidan decides to cut while he's ahead, and nods to the other players before leaving. After a moment's thought, he decides to head into the back and check out the friendly jousts there.

MintyNinja
2012-12-20, 01:57 AM
Donny sees that his luck has not flourished with cards, and that woman was still following him, so he follows Aidan to the jousts.

Gaekub
2012-12-20, 01:58 AM
"Not to my knowledge," Vladmir replies simply. "I certainly do not mean this city any harm. Merely passing through."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-20, 02:10 AM
Heading towards the door, the two of you are stopped by a grisly man. He looks you over sternly before nodding letting you in. He growls Don't pull any Tauros crap. We know your together. Going inside, the atmosphere changes dramatically. Instead of brightly colored machines and wallpaper and happy (for the most part) gamblers, the area is dark, smoky and full of shouting. Lines of cages large enough for single battles, surrounded by crowds of people yelling into the cages. At the far end was a large cage, supposedly for double battles.

Donny feels a hand on his shoulder, his follower followed him in. Ooh Sweetie, your a Trainer? Or just like gambling on animals fighting for our amusement? I like 'em both, you know. She says as she draws a circle over Donny's heart with a fake nail.

A bookie approaches the three of you, an oversized Pokegear in hand. Betting or battling? Either way you gotta wait till the next round. We still got 4 slots open for single and you can apply for the Double though no gaurentee you get in or with each other. Oh, little old me? I'm no battler, but Sweetie here could beat the lot of them!

Single battles. Choose one mon. 1v1. roll 1d100 to determine how tough your opponent is. High is bad (IE easy trainer) low is good (IE tough trainer). Double is 1n1 v 1n1 random matching. Will roll if you sign up. If not battling, bets will come after current matches are over.

Old Man
Wattson nods, his jovial smile quickly returning. Good mate! So where ya heading? I assume came from da North? Fallabor or Lavaridge? Or did you want to avoid that noisy cave and come from Rustboro?

Gaekub
2012-12-20, 02:15 AM
"Going to a bunch of places," the doctor answers. "Ve are not all as lucky as you. Not all of us have a place to call 'home'." A thoughtful frown steals over his face.

MintyNinja
2012-12-20, 02:21 AM
Donny brushes off the woman and signs himself and Buzz up for a one on one fight. "Rules we should know about? League restrictions and such?"

[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 02:22 AM
Aidan nods, and says, "Battling. What are the rules, and what's the payout?" As he waits for an answer, he thinks for a moment before signing up Zex as his battler.

[roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-20, 02:37 AM
Oh your new here? Oh I'm glad you asked. This isn't exactly sponsored by the League. Wattson turns a blind eye to us, so long as we keep the peace amongst our patrons. So we don't have many rules. Mon go in the cages, they fight. Simple as that. Any dirty tricks you can think of without getting in the cage yer self is fair game. Oh, and one last thing. You get 10% of the bets if you win, double that if you kill the mon. So don't sign up if you aren't prepared to loose yer mon. A roar of shouting and many profanities come from one of the cages. Looks like one match is over. Better hurry.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-20, 07:20 AM
Ennis, feeling a little off-put by the close call, she goes and heals up her team.

She heads to the south side of town, and wanders around Route 110, looking to see any sights and any wild pokemon.

[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 09:15 PM
Nodding, Aidan looks at Donny and says, "Help me keep an eye on Korex for a moment, would you? I want to grab the Razor Claw... Zex could use it here." Leading the other trainer over to a quieter corner of the room, he releases the Absol, quickly taking the claw from it before recalling it.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-20, 09:26 PM
Korex does not resist at all. You notice a faint glimmer in its eye and he seems to be.... smiling? He will need it. What could that mean? The clamour of the patrons was getting louder. Seemed like the other matches were getting close to finishing.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 09:54 PM
Aidan blinks at the Absol's cryptic comment as he recalls the Pokemon, making his way back over towards the cages and waiting to be directed to his battle, taking a moment to scan the combatants he can see in the matches still going on.

MintyNinja
2012-12-20, 11:19 PM
Donny and Buzz also approach the cages, being sure to scan everything in sight.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-21, 04:23 AM
Tarna waits at the centre patiently whilst Setha is healed, but when no one comes she begins to wonder. Heading back to the gym she scouts around, but there's no one there.
In desperation she heads to the game corner, hoping that they have decided to visit the other main attraction of the town.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-22, 09:47 PM
Old Men
Wattson goes quiet, the first time since you two first sat down. Aww I'm sorry Vlad. I didn't... I mean... gah! Your always welcome here in Mauville Vlad. S'alright? The pancakes come, stacked high with blueberry syrup. They were delicious and filling and Wattson even paid for you. Looking at your watch you see its already noon! You two were talking for quite a while. So Vlad, where are the others you were travelling with?

Ennis

Walking out into the route you see the lake. Unlike when you were here those many years ago the water seems even fouler and more rancid than before. Out of the gunk comes a blob of green. It sits at the edge of the filthy water breathing laboriously.

Metagamer :smalltongue:
You walk into the Game Corner, greeted like any other patron. You catch Aidan and Donny heading into a door in the back.

Dead Men Walking

You make your way to the only match still going. There you see a pokemon reminiscent of Elly except blue with fins and a bull Donny recognizes as a Tauros. The two trainers are barking orders at the two pokemon who dance about trading blows. They seem evenly matched. From the crowd it seems these two are regulars here. The one commanding Vaporeon is bulky sort of man wearing sunglasses despite the low lighting and a dark red bandanna, and a tight undershirt that is remarkably clean. The one commanding the Tauros is more lithe with a scar under his right eye and a nice button up shirt (also remarkably clean).

Butch, you won't get me this time! Myrtle Water Pulse! The Vaperoen dashes forward, a wave of water crashing against the bull. The bull grunts but stays standing. Nice try, Fierce, finish it! The Bull dashes into the Vaporeon slamming it against the cage. It tries to get up but fails to. The crowd goes into a frenzy chanting End it! End it! End it! but they won't have it. C'mon guys! You know I won't kill Cassidy's mon. He's my bro! A mix of boos, cheers and sighs come from the crowd as the match finishes.

The two recall their pokemon after applying healing items to them. They head over towards the center area where a large screen was shuffling and matching up the next matches. The screen shuffles the pictures of the those who entered pairing them off one by one. Aidan is the first to be paired showing him and Zex up against Butch and a Venasaur. Then Donny with Buzz matched with Cassidy and a Scyther. Both matches is paying out 1:60 odds towards Donny or Aidan winning.

Butch and Cassidy approach you two. So your our next opponents? You look.... puny. Are you sure your battlers?

BluesEclipse
2012-12-22, 09:55 PM
Aidan nods, looking at the pairing screen before nodding to himself. "If you're worried about fighting us, you could always forfeit..." he replies, a confident smirk on his face masking his unease at the pairing. That's a pretty powerful Pokemon, if I remember correctly... this could be rough. Making his way over towards the cages, he releases Zex, handing the Razor Claw to the Sneasel and waiting for the start of the fight.

MintyNinja
2012-12-22, 11:31 PM
A Scyther? Normally I'd feel confident in an electric's ability, but why do I think this won't end well? Donny thinks to himself. He looks down at the Pokeball containing Buzz and a dark realization comes to mind: I have to fight. He walks over to his own cage and releases the Elekid. Buzz looks around confused for a moment but soon Donny sits down outside the cage and bows his head. When he opens his eyes he sees the world through Buzz's senses. This was more than a simple link, this was a complete Possession. He looks back at his unconscious body poised in a meditative slumber and hopes nothing happens while he fights. Just in case, he resolves to borrow Ice Punch when he returns. Donny turns back to the cage at large and smacks his tiny hands together. Let's do this...

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-22, 11:43 PM
Butch and Cassidy just chuckle at Aidan's bravado taking up their positions next to the cages (the cages are adjacent to each other). Butch releases his Venasaur and Cassidy his Scyther.

Aidan
You are first! Trainer actions only please.

Butch starts spewing profanity at Zex, shaking the weasel demon.

-1 Attack Stage

Donny
As you quickly adjust to your new body, Cassidy glares evily at you from across the cage. It sends a chill shiver down your spine. He looked so much bigger in this tiny body.

Blades, cut him down! Hard and fast! Blades dashes forward smacking into Buzz against the cage. The crowd roars as the Elekid stumbles from the blow.

-1 Attack stage. 29 damage.

MintyNinja
2012-12-23, 12:09 AM
Mother- Void-take- THAT HURT! The pain was much more than he expected. Donny couldn't tell if he'd survive another hit, let alone be left standing. If Buzz dies before I get back to my body, so do I. A cold rage begins filling his smaller body, coalescing into his fists. With a powerful leap from the ground, Donny brings a frosted fists up towards the Scyther's jaw.

Buzz: HP 10/43, Def 5, SDef 10, Spd 11
Ice Punch: AC vs 2 [roll0] Freeze on 19+
Ice, Physical: [roll1] PLEASE Crit [roll2]

BluesEclipse
2012-12-23, 12:11 AM
Aidan takes a moment to scan both his opponent and Donny's before saying, "Let's make this one quick, Zex... open up with Screech!" The Sneasel moves forward in response before releasing a ear-splitting screech right in front of the Venusaur.

Zex moves to G4 and uses Screech.

Screech(4m Burst) - AC: [roll0] v 4 + Speed Evasion, -2 Def CS to all targets on Hit.

Zex:
HP: 43/43
SPD: 20

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-23, 12:21 AM
Donny
You swing your frozen fist into the bug's thorax making it double over. You hear a cricktch! giving you just enough warning to move back as the ice spreads over the Scyther's body trapping it in its moment of weakness. Blades no! Please Donny, don't kill my Blades! DONNY! SAY SOMETHING! Cassidy starts streaming tears as he rattles the cage uselessly. The crowd meanwhile has become so incredbily loud it has become hard to concentrate.

Woo! Go Sweetie! I've got 1000 coins riding on you!
Preception check -3 penalty for being in the middle of a life or death battle.

Buzz is up.

Aidan
The large dinosaur turns its head a bit confused why Zex just yelled at it. Put it down gentle Banyan. The mon shakes the large flower on its back, spreading blue powder all over the weasel who fights his own legs before falling over asleep. The crowd murmurs pleased with the battle start.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-23, 12:22 AM
Aidan scowls, and calls out, "Come on, Zex... get up!"

MintyNinja
2012-12-23, 12:31 AM
...It's frozen solid... The thought comes across a roaring gulf of excitement and energy deep within his own mind. Cassidy's pleas barely register, in fact, most of the world seems a bit blurred. Donny waddles out from under the Frozen bug and raises his arms to the cheering crowd, sparks dancing along his limbs. With a turn, he unleashes the energy at the helpless bug, conquering the beast utterly.

Wis Check [roll]1d20+2[/roll
Buzz HP 10/43, Def 5, SDef 10, Spd 11
Shockwave: Cannot Miss. [roll0]
Electric, Special: [roll1] If Crit [roll2]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-23, 12:54 AM
Donny
The electricty washes over the scyther's frozen form, causing its eyes to twitch before going dull. The crowd roars in excitment chanting for you to end it. Cassidy is faster though and pulls out Blades pokeball. He aims it but you feel a bonk on the head and the strangest sensation of compression and immaterialness. The next thing you sense is cramped. Very very cramped.

Aidan
Zex does not stir from his slumber and you are distracted by an uproar from Donny's match. It seems he has won! Hey! Where did the Elekid go!? The guy didn't even move! Butch! That dude just stole Donny's Elekid! Lets get him! You look over to see Cassidy chasing after a young man with black hair and sunglasses and a trenchcoat. You catch a glimpse of his right arm as he runs past you towards the door. Was that.... Yes it was! It was a Snag machine! That guy is a Snagger!

Hey dude! Aidan! That guy stole your friend pokemon and he ain't doing nothing! You wanna call this a draw and go after the d-bag?

BluesEclipse
2012-12-23, 01:04 AM
Aidan blinks as the Elekid vanishes before hearing Cassidy's comment. Seeing Cassidy race after the man, Aidan says, "Judge it all..." At Butch's question, he nods and says, "Yeah, definitely..." Looking at Donny for a moment, he bites off a curse and says, "I'll go after the muker, you grab Donny and follow - I'll explain once we've dealt with this bastard!" Recalling Zex, he turns and rushes after the Snagger, pushing aside anyone who gets in his way.

Gaekub
2012-12-23, 03:40 AM
"Now that..." Vlad pauses, and looks behind him, out through the windows into the street. "That is a very good question. They're probably in some kind of trouble." He pulls the napkin out of his collar and shakes the other man's hand. "Thank you for the meal, and I hope to meet you again," he says, genuine warmth in his voice. "It vas a pleasure, but I should really go find them."

He heads out into the streets, looking to find his younger partners.

Wis check, if required:
[roll0]

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-23, 06:16 AM
Not one for gambling, and without any desire to see what back room deals the others are engaging in, Tarna instead wanders through the game corner, seeing who is around and what's happening, and if there are any interesting pokemon she'd go and have a look.

:smallwink:

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-23, 09:25 AM
Seeing the polluted water gets her blood a bit boiling. Maybe she still had a little bit of Aqua in her.

She lets Mar out, just incase this thing turned hostile. She heads over to it, keeping her body low and trying to look non-threatening. 'You okay little guy? I'm here to help. Are you in pain?'

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-23, 06:38 PM
Ennis

Your dex that you certainly used pings Gulpin, a poison type. The water probably didn't hurt it at all. It continues to gurgle not really reacting to you. It looks kind of bored.

Vlad

As you start to walk away you hear a phone going off. Turning around, you see Wattson fumbling with his pokegear, muttering about new fangled whosiwhatits. He finally answers the phone. Hello? ... Hey Raj whats the matter? ... What?! ... Where are they know? ... Right thanks I'll be right there. He hangs up the phone and looks at you. I think I found your friends. C'mon we got to catch them and fast! The old man charges at you. You brace for impact but he gently scoops you up and throws you over his shoulder and starts running at a brisk pace, far faster than you could ever run. He was strong and hardy for his age, thats for sure.

Donny
You try to move but realize you can't feel your feet. Or Buzz's feet for that matter. YOu can't feel anything really. You quickly realize you've been stuffed into a pokeball, somebody must have returned Buzz for you. Nothing you could do at the moment. Donny scared? Why Donny scared? Was that Buzz? This was new.

Alright everyone is officially waiting on Irn now. Vlad will meet up with the chase in due time as will Ennis when shes done with the Gulpin.

MintyNinja
2012-12-23, 06:49 PM
It's alright, Buzz. I've just never been in a Pokeball, Donny tries to comfort the Elekid. This was always a risk, but he had to tough it out for now. Surely Aidan will realize what's happened when his body doesn't move. Would he still get paid? We beat up that Scyther. Kicked it's ass! Good job back there.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-23, 06:56 PM
Buzz watch. Donny kick ass. Donny brave. Why Donny here?

MintyNinja
2012-12-23, 06:58 PM
I don't rightly know, yet. But don't worry, we'll figure it out soon enough.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-23, 08:03 PM
Donny scared?

Gaekub
2012-12-24, 10:42 PM
Vladmir struggles for a moment, not entirely happy to be scooped up in such an undignified fashion, but he soon ceases. A small harrumph exits his mouth as he relaxes over the mans shoulder as much as possible, his white coat flopping up and down with the vigorous motion.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-26, 11:14 AM
Ennis sends out Tierra. 'Sorry little guy. I can't stand here and let you pollute the water, that's against how I was raised.'

If it continued to ignore her, she orders a Sand Tomb on it.

[roll1d20[/roll], base 4
[roll0], traps for [roll1] rounds

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-29, 06:19 PM
Tierra comes out, opening his massive jaws. The Gulpin finally reacts, making odd gurgling sounds, causing Tierra to stop. Tierra responds with chirping in turn. They have a short dialogue, chirping and gurgling, before Tierra turns to you, opening his maw wide. He sits there, waiting.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-29, 07:27 PM
'What the Muk you saying little man?' Hmm, strange. Tierra never was one to back down from a fight.

'Am I wrong? Am I not supposed to fight this thing? Wadda ya want me to do?'

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-29, 07:30 PM
The little bug-thingie tries to stretch its mouth wider, wiggling its tongue. When you fail to get the point, he waddles over to your bag and tries to rummage through, but his massive mouth is too clumsy. Frustrated, turns back around you mouth open again. The Gulpin just stares, gasping.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-29, 07:35 PM
She sends out Aire and Mar.

'Okay, Tierra is acting all crazy. One of you two better tell me what the hell is up, right now.' She puts her bag on the ground. Whatever Tierra couldn't do, maybe Aire could do for him. And Ennis was closest to Mar, so she assumed he could help. 'Is it hurt? Hungry? C'mon fellahs, help a gal out here.'

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-29, 07:40 PM
Tierra clicks and chitters at the bird, who nods and hops over to your bag. She digs around and pulls out the bird seed you've been feeding her for the last few days. She flies over landing on your shoulder, dropping it in your hand.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-29, 07:52 PM
'Bah! All this over being hungry?' Ennis give Tierra, Aire and the Gulpin some food.

'Something is strange, but I honestly don't know what. You two, look after this thing. I'mma look for Donny. Maybe he can make sense of this.'

She looks out over the water. Wasn't the power-plant built on the river? Hmm, if so, then she should talk to the Gym Leader about what the hell he was thinking. She already planned on taking down the Dragon Masters. If she didn't like his answer, maybe she'd start out taking down Wattson first. 'C'mon Mar, you eat on the go. Wattson and Donny, lets get hunting.'

She heads off into town, looking for Donny and asking after the old coot.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-29, 08:04 PM
Ennis

The Gulpin swallows the food whole. As you get up to leave, the Gulpin rolls after you, your pokemon in tow. Seems they didn't like being alone.

Ennis is on hold for a moment.

Game Corner Peeps

Tarna
As you perview the various games and machines, a man in a dark trenchcoat runs by you, bumping into you. It was rude but whatever. .... Wait a moment, you knew that play. He just stole your wallet! A man in a nice shirt with a facial scar dashes past you. Seems you weren't his only victim.

Aidan

Butch returns his Venasuar, tossing you a bottle as he runs by. No hard feeling mate. Cassidy runs out the door, Butch close behind. As you run out the door behind them, you see the Snagger dash out the front door, Cassidy hot on his heels and Butch running past Tarna? What was she doing here?

Aidan received a Full Restore!

MintyNinja
2012-12-29, 08:33 PM
Donny contemplates his situation and responds, Donny is scared. But not Worried. Donny knows that Buzz and Donny can beat up anyone. Donny trusts Buzz is strong, and Buzz can do the same.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-29, 09:17 PM
Aidan catches the bottle and dashes past Tarna, calling, "Come on! That muker snagged one of Donny's Pokemon!" As he nears the door, he releases Zex at the doorway, pausing there just long enough to spray the Sneasel with the full restore to wake it. "Let's go, Zex!" he says to the waking Sneasel as he dashes out the door, trusting his Pokemon to follow.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-12-30, 05:38 PM
Tarna did a double take after she realised that the man had stolen her cash: a trench coat, really? This man seemed to be trying to project a 'hard core criminal' image. She'd normally have just settled with threatening the thief enough to get her cash back, but this guy was asking to be pulled down a peg. She was pretty sure her decision to take him out was not based on her new found feelings of superiority having joined the dashing Rebel forces as an elite operative. Or at least only a small amount.

She dashed after the crook, not bothering to call out for the help of passers by, her alacrity allowing her to cover the ground far faster than most people, as she dramatically leapt over tables of gathered gamers, her fist balled and ready to put the thug down.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-01, 03:04 PM
Tarna dashes out the door, just in time to see the man dash into an alley way. Butch, Cassidy and Aidan come out a moment later. Where he go!? Butch practically screams as he rereleases his Venasuar and his Tauros. The Venasuar picks up the two men, and Aidan, placing Aidan on the Tauros back, and them on the Venasuar. You a friend of his? Where he go? Did you see?

Tarna and Aidan need Dex checks, Aidan gaining +3 bonus for riding a Mukking bull. Tarna doesn't get a ride because they don't have one for her. Plus ninja.

BluesEclipse
2013-01-01, 10:20 PM
Aidan whips his head around wildly as he looks around for the man, cursing in his head for letting him out of sight to begin with. Scowling, Aidan looks at Tarna and says, "Tell me you saw where the muker went... Bastard's got one of Donny's Pokemon, and Donny's linked to it."

Dex: [roll0]

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-02, 07:07 AM
"Down that alleyway." Tarna shouts bluntly before haring after him.
As she turns into the alleyway her feet leave the ground as she runs horisontally along the wall for a few strides before coming down to the ground, feet pounding the paving.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-02, 05:38 PM
Tarna keeps at his heels, though he continues to stay far out any of your attacks range. You duck around corners, even using your gravity-defying agility, he still keeps ahead of you. Aidan and the two men steer their mounts forward. Unfortunately, the Venusaur isn't used to the weight of 3 people and has trouble keeping pace, while Aidan isn't used to commanding a bull. It bucks and rears, taking charge, but taking less than the quickest route.

Vlad
The portly man jogs through town, navigating its now crowded streets with ease (it does help that everyone makes room for the odd sight). He quickly skids to a stop, gasping for breath. I'm not as young as I used ta be. Catching his breath wasn't the reason for him stopping. Looking up from the ground, you see a man in a trenchcoate ducking and weaving between the people, slidding across a pickup's truck. No more than 10m behind him, Tarna in hot pursuit, at one point springboarding off a box on the ground, nimbly walking across peoples head. You hear a loud snort, looking over you see two young men ontop of a Venasuar, along with an unconscious Donny (and obviously struggling under their combined weight) and Aidan on an unruly Tauros.

That's a sight you don't see e'reday. Hurmph! He heaves you down, relief obvious on his face. C'MON PEOPLE! CLEAR THE WAY! He bellows, the crowd disperses without a word, just in time for Tarna to land safely off the last person's head as she continues chase down another alley.

Ok current positioning: Snagger is 10m ahead of Tarna. Vlad+Wattson are 10m behind Tarna and finally Butch+Cassidy+Aidan+ Unconscious Donny are 10m behind them.
Need more Dex checks from everyone (Aidan receives his +3 bonus still).

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-02, 05:53 PM
Tarna briefly considers sending out one of her 'mons to help catch him but from long training sessions she knows her legs are faster than any of them. She darts afterwards, covering the ground fluidly in pursuit.

[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-01-02, 11:19 PM
Aidan scowls, and says to the Tauros, "Move it... we can't lose him! Work with me here!" as he tries to guide the bull Pokemon on a more direct route to pursue the Snagger.

Dex: [roll0]

Gaekub
2013-01-04, 03:17 PM
"Damnit, I am much too old for this..." Vladmir mutters under his breath, but takes off running after the Venasuar. If only he can get his Munna in range for a Yawn, he should be able to stop them.

Dex check (not kidding, I am too old for this): [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-04, 03:44 PM
The Snagger ducks right down the branching alleyway, trying to loose Tarja. She is too quick for him and decides to avoid the alleyway all together, running straight up the wall ontop the rooftop. Thinking he lost her, the man runs out into the crowd and starts to head south only for Tarja to jump down cutting off his escape.

Aidan, Butch and Cassidy have far better luck, Aidan's own bull headedness overcoming the bull's. The Venasaur seems renewed, barreling through the narrow alley way, both mon spilling out onto the street, sandwiching the Snagger between them and Tarja.

Vlad and Wattson however, show thier age, and bumble through the alley, nearly getting run over by the dino and bull as they pass them.

Deciding this situation isn't to his liking, the Snagger runs towards another street, pushing a young girl with a sour disposition out of his way in the process.

Ennis

You soon get to the city center, not to far from the Pokemon Center and Pokemart. You come to a busy intersection, only to be rudely shoved out of the way by a man in a trenchcoate, who seems to be running for his life. It becomes quite apparent why, as you see Tarja start running after him, along with Aidan ontop of a bull and two young men with an unconscious Donny ontop of a plant-dinosaur thing. You think you caught a glimpse of Vlad down an alleyway across the street.

Just so its said, you recognize Ennis (except Vlad who can't see her behind Tauros and Venasaur butts). Relative positions, Ennis is 6m away, Tarja, Aidan, and Butch/Cassidy are 8m, and Vlad/Wattson are 15m away from the Snagger.

MOAR DEX CHECKS! Now that everyone has a chance to join the chase, it will be a competition. See if you can catch him before he reaches his escape point. Or outsmart him. Right now hes running through a busy crowded street out in the open.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-04, 04:52 PM
Ennis reels. 'The hell man!?!' Then she sees the chase. 'Seriously? WHAT THE HELL?'

She looks at Tierra, who had stayed out to keep the Gulpin company. 'Fastball special!' She scoops up her little Trapinch, and chucks him, jaws first, at the fleeing person.

[roll0] for the throw.
STR: [roll1]