PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer pyroblaster help

God Imperror
2012-08-31, 11:23 PM
Hi there playground I am thinking of playing a human blaster sorcerer focusing on fire.

Build at the moment looks like:
1 Sorcerer (Necromantic Bloodline, Enlarge Spell)
2 Sorcerer
3 Sorcerer (Energy substitution: Fire)
4 Sorcerer
5 Sorcerer
6 Escalation Mage (Kin mastery)
7 Silver Pyromancer
8 Silver Pyromancer
9 Silver Pyromancer (Widen Spell)
10 Silver Pyromancer
11 Silver Pyromancer
12 War Wizard of Cormyr (Feat, bonus Weapon focus (bow))
13 War Wizard of Cormyr (Bonus Metamagic Feat)
14 War Wizard of Cormyr
15 Escalation Mage (Feat)
16 Escalation Mage
17 Escalation Mage
18 Hellfire Warlock (Feat)
19 Hellfire Warlock
20 Hellfire Warlock

Escalation Mage is from faiths of Eberron page 53
Silver Pyromancer is from Five Nations page 151
War Wizard of Cormyr is from Magic of Faerun page 40
Hellfire Warlock is from Fiendish Codex II (adaptation on page 91)

Necromantic bloodline + kin mastery gives turn undead and add several spells to the sorcerer spell known.

Escalation Mage allows for a few effects to be added to the spells, silver Pyromancer allows to replace fire damage for sacred damage, war wizard allows enlarge CHA+1 times a day for free and hellfire warlock adds damage.

Any thoughts?

Any suggestion for feats or spells?

Any idea on how to have less actual sorcerer levels without loosing caster levels? I like class features.

Randomguy
2012-09-01, 01:37 AM
I don't think you actually qualify for hellfire warlock and even if you did, it wouldn't progress sorcerer casting. It specifies that it progresses only invoking classes.

For feats, make sure you grab Searing Spell as soon as you can: it lets you ignore fire resistance and deal half damage vs. fire immunity.

In general, for blaster sorcerers you only need about one or two good spells and a few metamagic feats, and you can spend the rest of your spells on utility things.

God Imperror
2012-09-01, 04:39 AM
:smalleek:

I already IGNORE fire resistance or fire immunity, I deal sacred damage starting at level 11. And there is an adaptation of hellfire warlock to progress spellcasting instead of invocations... did you read my post?

God Imperror
2012-09-01, 05:54 PM
Bumpity bump.

Any idea?

satorian
2012-09-01, 11:22 PM
Um, Searing Spell?

Snowbluff
2012-09-01, 11:24 PM
Um, Searing Spell?

IIRC, he ignored immunity and resistance already.

Medic!
2012-09-02, 04:26 AM
Bloodline of Fire from Player's Guide to Faerun sounds appropriate for your character...has to be taken at first level, but gives you some save bonuses vs [Fire] and, IIRC, +4 CL when casting [Fire] spells?

Malroth
2012-09-02, 05:02 AM
empower spell, maximize spell, energy admixture (fire), arcane thesis (orb of fire), metamagic school focus (conjuration)

MrLemon
2012-09-02, 07:29 AM
I would drop Hellfire Warlock

+3d6 damage (10,5 on average) on evocation spells (which fire orb isn't), a 3d6 dmg fire shield, both of which cause you CON damage, resistance to fire 10 and the ability to put certain metamagics on wands...
Maybe there's something cool I overlooked, but Escalation Mage 5&6, War Wizard 4 seem straightout better.

The aforementioned Bloodline of Fire (PGtF) gives +2 CL on [fire] and +4 save vs. [fire], has to be a 1st level Feat, and you need to be human. Should not conflict with Necromantic Bloodline.
This would require you to put Energy Substitution at 12th and Enlarge at 3rd.