PDA

View Full Version : A battle within a misted summit

drack
2012-09-01, 06:48 AM
Giving this a new thread so that I can keep track of it...
OK, so far:

So to recap on what I have done I have made a wall of fire 1720ft. wide now that I learned improved metamagic does not let metamagic stack once, but this spell fails anyways. I also made a 1012 damage 1000ft. tail sweep with a DC 104 reflex to avoid (This has been reduced due to a reduction to Str, but should still effect all the wolves). I will mark all of this on the grid as well as where I have moved, and as soon as it is my initiative I will change to a form where all wolves will try to attack just me.

I take it all previous actions occur before this initiative round begins?

Posting Kalypto's action now, though it will happen in initiative order, obviously.

Casting Control Winds, producing a downdraft effect with the "eye" over him and Ha. Deliberately keeping the wind from going over a few miles per hour; at present, this is just to clear the mist and look for the enemy spellcaster.

Spot: [roll0], Listen: [roll1], note that True Seeing is up.

If he detects the spellcaster, more actions will be taken.

I'm pretty sure they are after an enemy, so I'll wait on the druid's action until it is time.
The fog is blown about you, but after a distance it begins to dissipate lower as if pushing back until a massed wall of fog seems to be barely held back 500' away.

As the Fog billows back the extent of the wolf pack a man with white angelic wings, emerald skin, glowing bright yellow eyes surrounded by four people. To either side of him stands an angel of blood red each suspended ten feet in the air by five sets of scarlet wings.

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-01, 02:08 PM
Knowledge checks on the blood angels, the man with emerald skin, and whatever the men around him are, assuming they aren't just regular humanoids: I can take 10 quickly even under stress, so 98 for Know Arcana and Dungeoneering, 96 for Knowledge Nature and Planes, 83 for Religion, History and Local.

That done, I am going to take my 40-arm form, which is Colossal at present, activate Belt of Battle to get a full round action, and auto-Quick Draw boulders for a Boulder Storm. This targets C, the 4 Ss on the map, and the left A which is presumably Angel:

6d8+76+5 *20

Boulders ignore wind conditions, those hit by the attack get a DC 107 Reflex save for half; if fail, they are pinned by the rocks for 1 round.

For self: [roll0] rounds

After this, end turn.

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-01, 02:09 PM
Damage again, since it messed up: [roll0] *20

Edit: = 2260 damage, counts as magic, epic and evil for DR purposes.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-01, 03:32 PM
Well upon seeing some more intelligent looking beings before Moonlit attacks I say "Hello sirs could we talk ?"

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-01, 03:52 PM
Well if he's talking, I will hold my attack action, but only for now. Holding action with the trigger of hostile action by the other intelligent beings.

drack
2012-09-01, 08:24 PM
Knowledge checks on the blood angels, the man with emerald skin, and whatever the men around him are, assuming they aren't just regular humanoids: I can take 10 quickly even under stress, so 98 for Know Arcana and Dungeoneering, 96 for Knowledge Nature and Planes, 83 for Religion, History and Local.

That done, I am going to take my 40-arm form, which is Colossal at present, activate Belt of Battle to get a full round action, and auto-Quick Draw boulders for a Boulder Storm. This targets C, the 4 Ss on the map, and the left A which is presumably Angel:

6d8+76+5 *20

Boulders ignore wind conditions, those hit by the attack get a DC 107 Reflex save for half; if fail, they are pinned by the rocks for 1 round.

For self: [roll0] rounds

After this, end turn.

So you consumed some of your followers? (recall I ruled start with 1 head/2 arms, you can eat followers if you want to start with more)

Recall belt of battle is a swift to use (don't think this changes anything, more just useful)

Knowledge: You've never heard of any of these two types, but any method of reading magic shows the red ones seem to have excess arcane energy, middle has mindblank.

The "S" seem to be oddly evolved servants to the central angel.

Anywho looks like we're talking. :smalltongue:.

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-01, 08:30 PM
DM

So you consumed some of your followers? (recall I ruled start with 1 head/2 arms, you can eat followers if you want to start with more)

Yeah I did this in like the first post (though they were condemned prisoners, is the way I fluffed it), right before sending fission out to meet Dr O. Which, by the way, is still what this is.

drack
2012-09-01, 08:32 PM
moonlitAh, gotya. Anything woth mentioning or just level 1s?

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-01, 08:33 PM
DM:

Nothing worth mentioning at present, just level 1s. Mongrolfolk with basic DFA aura though, on the off chance I use that.

drack
2012-09-02, 05:12 AM
The central angel calls out to you "Do you want to surrender, vile creature?" as the question is posed the two crimson angels lift their arms and silently call forth forth a meteor swarm to all four cumpass sides surrounding each of you individually.

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-02, 02:24 PM
OOC: Could you clarify what is happening here? I checked the Meteor Swarm description and unless there is some weird ability or metamagic, it shouldn't be hovering but attacking us immediately. Looking at it that way, this looks like they are asking for our surrender at the same time as attacking us. :smallconfused: Is that the case?

drack
2012-09-02, 02:26 PM
OOC: attacking beside you without hitting you to aid your judgment. :smallwink: (akin to setting off a fireball that ends right before your nose)

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-02, 02:38 PM
OOC: Got it. Good thing I asked. Also, worth noting that neither I nor the druids detect as evil (Undetectable Alignment).

Pausing with the boulders in his hands as the talking begins and explosions are set off around us, the giant deadpans at the supposed 'angel'. "Surrender, when we were attacked without provocation and are only defending against the sudden hoard of hostiles? What would we be surrendering to then, unopposed slaughter?"

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-02, 06:46 PM
"I'm are you accusing me of being evil? I would like to see your proof." BTW there is basically know way they can see me as evil.

drack
2012-09-03, 07:38 AM
"These who serve nature, killing her servants, accompanied by monsters and abominations. Unnatural! Leave these lands or surrender."

OOC:Gonna clarify a bit, the S are vegetative in appearance, and if you see magic they seem to be magical constructs (like living spell or astral construct where there is no material base, not like golems where they're rooted)

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-03, 01:52 PM
"Well I feel insulted to have this judgement passed over me for attacking while under threat. Usualy natural wolves would stop after seeing me, so I could only conclude that these were magic wolves, and by the looks of them I thought I was under attack."

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-03, 02:37 PM
The giant scoffs. "You know, I really don't think they care, nor is their issue with us about the nature of evil. Though acting self righteous after sending hoards of wolves down the mountain straight at us doesn't exactly follow..."

"And who are you to declare what is natural and what is not?" The druid to the left declares, pulling herself up straight and tensing with readiness.

Lexin
2012-09-03, 03:04 PM
"Well I feel insulted to have this judgement passed over me for attacking while under threat. Usualy natural wolves would stop after seeing me, so I could only conclude that these were magic wolves, and by the looks of them I thought I was under attack."

The middle winged figure answers:
"If something doesn't run away after seeing you is it reason enough to kill it? If that is so, here I am, not running and happy to accept the fight, monster!"

The giant scoffs. "You know, I really don't think they care, nor is their issue with us about the nature of evil. Though acting self righteous after sending hoards of wolves down the mountain straight at us doesn't exactly follow..."
*shrug*
"The wolves belong here. You don't. An aberration of nature... ...looking at Naga... ...and bastard of fallen gods... ...looking at Hekatonkheires... ...Unnatural!"

"And who are you to declare what is natural and what is not?" The druid to the left declares, pulling herself up straight and tensing with readiness.

"Ambross del Andevarren, Master of Black Forest, Voice of Obad- Hai, Champion of Nature. And who are you representing, small fallen druid?"

Except the word 'Unnatural' he speaks in calm, quiet voice. Yet you can hear him without any trouble.

OoC: Yeah, hi by the way...:smalltongue:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-03, 03:13 PM
"Well we wont want woosie wolves wetting themselves today, time to try teleporting."

And saying bastard of fallen gods may be a bit metagamey.

Activating some auras you are slightly happier and at ease (compared to what you are now at least).

Lexin
2012-09-03, 03:24 PM
OOC: Not sure what the IC is about (but maybe I am just to tired right now to translate correctly...)

And saying bastard of fallen gods may be a bit metagamey.
He is Hekatonkheires... this is one of very few things Drack actually told me... and simple knowledge check gives some fluff about Hekatonkheires... thus bastard of fallen gods...

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-03, 03:29 PM
OOC: Lol hi!

The druids chuckle and look ready to reply, but the Hecantocheires gives them a sharp look and both go silent. "Master of the Black Forest, is that so," he rumbles, his voice unusually quiet for his kind, but clear as the rumble of thunder over the mountains.

"This argument again. You want to tell me where I belong? Do try." Two of the arms cross over his chest, and he does not look amused.

Lexin
2012-09-03, 03:52 PM
"Back to where you came from? Would work for me."
Only slightest hint of irony...

OOC: Why the druid chuckle?!?:smallannoyed:
Druidy chuckling be forbidden!!
Casting divine judgment (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/vengefulGazeOfGod.htm) on druids!!
j/k :smalltongue:
(man... this spell really sucks for this level... only the range looks fine...)

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-03, 03:58 PM
OOC: The druids chuckle because you asked them who they are representing, and given the situation, that is ironic. :smalltongue:

I'd like to get a clarification on what Dr. O last said, but then I'll reply IC.

Lexin
2012-09-03, 04:00 PM
OOC: Meant gods... but now I understand the chuckling... :smalltongue:
...I need some sleep...

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-03, 06:10 PM
Well I PMed Moonlit and so I will wait for him to post what he says, but I would like to add more before my alliteration.

"Why is it that our actions are worse then that of a hunter? I am sure hundreds of thousands of them kill your animals yet you keep your eyes focused on the strange looking folks, I would demand the same treatment as a creature of nature as I have a natural form for someone from my plane. I am neither evil or aberrant despite my apearance."

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-03, 07:23 PM
"Ah, if only that were possible. No, I am afraid my presence here is not so easily fixed as that. However, as the other says," he nods to the Naga, "we were intending to teleport elsewhere before being set upon without any chance to negotiate."

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-03, 07:50 PM
"Well if we all stay peaceful we would like to go to a civilized area. This includes you Ambross, and I Ha-Kniellghy would even offer my pad for this meating" Ha-Kniellghy shows a sharp smile and unthreateningly lays a gentle tail around the back of Ambross's shoulders and twirls his hair through a Dimension Door like effect as he speaks, although he is plenty capable of reaching to you without it.
"Let's not let this escalate friend."

Lexin
2012-09-05, 01:11 PM
"Why is it that our actions are worse then that of a hunter? I am sure hundreds of thousands of them kill your animals yet you keep your eyes focused on the strange looking folks, I would demand the same treatment as a creature of nature as I have a natural form for someone from my plane. I am neither evil or aberrant despite my apearance."
*Raised eyebrow*
"Hunter kills to survive, to defend himself or to gain food... You killed because they didn't run away... are you really surprised I called you monster?"

OOC: ... Man... I noticed because of quote... you actually colored each word separately ... Till now I thought there is some trick for that...

"Ah, if only that were possible. No, I am afraid my presence here is not so easily fixed as that. However, as the other says," he nods to the Naga, "we were intending to teleport elsewhere before being set upon without any chance to negotiate."

"Teleport elsewhere and what? Start the killing again?"

"Well if we all stay peaceful we would like to go to a civilized area. This includes you Ambross, and I Ha-Kniellghy would even offer my pad for this meating" Ha-Kniellghy shows a sharp smile and unthreateningly lays a gentle tail around the back of Ambross's shoulders and twirls his hair through a Dimension Door like effect as he speaks, although he is plenty capable of reaching to you without it.
"Let's not let this escalate friend."

Ambross shrugs off the Naga's tail
"I don't remember befriending you."
You can see him blur and a second later he appears just a few meters from Naga's eyes.
"You say you are not evil, yet you kill and think of it as something normal. Not let this escalate? I say we shall not extenuate this situation. You are a killer, and feel no remorse."

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-05, 01:43 PM
*Raised eyebrow*
"Hunter kills to survive, to defend himself or to gain food... You killed because they didn't run away... are you really surprised I called you monster?"

OOC: ... Man... I noticed because of quote... you actually colored each word separately ... Till now I thought there is some trick for that...
Ambross shrugs off the Naga's tail
"I don't remember befriending you."
You can see him blur and a second later he appears just a few meters from Naga's eyes.
"You say you are not evil, yet you kill and think of it as something normal. Not let this escalate? I say we shall not extenuate this situation. You are a killer, and feel no remorse."Ha-kniellghy withdraws his tail and sips from a conjured beverage then replies "I am not surprised I have been called a monster, it only a natural reaction to see this way I know one such as yourself may see past this appearance, but the wolves by not fleeing and being in such a large number makes me think they were controlled against their will. I liberate them all and resurrecting them, tough cheese to swallow I know, but I could not detect the controller of these animals for miles."

I actually have a template of all the shades organized for me to type in. :smallbiggrin:

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-05, 02:59 PM
"Teleport elsewhere and what? Start the killing again?"

"Interesting assumption, but as usual, only that. You misunderstand our intentions entirely based on presumptions and looking only at our appearances. Racism, I say!" His voice booms during the last sentence.

Seeing the others congregate, the Hecantocheires steps forward and disappears, appearing again a moment later beside Ha-Kniellghy.

"Wolves are natural hunters, but neither do their instincts lead them to congregate in groups nearly so large as this, nor to rush headlong toward a larger group. Based on this, the only logical conclusion is that they are being controlled - perhaps your friends with the bloody wings know something about this?"

Lexin
2012-09-05, 03:17 PM
Ambross shakes his head.
"You are clearly not listening to me. What does you appearance have to do with me calling you monsters?
I am calling you like that because you killed, even though you didn't have to. And it seems you feel no remorse!
Liberating someone by killing him?!"

"Interesting assumption, but as usual, only that. You misunderstand our intentions entirely based on presumptions and looking only at our appearances. Racism, I say!" His voice booms during the last sentence.

Ambross points with his hand on the heaps of dead wolf bodies...
"Racism? Presumptions? Appearances?
I am judging you on the basis of the killing you done!
Do you call it racism too?"

"Wolves are natural hunters, but neither do their instincts lead them to congregate in groups nearly so large as this, nor to rush headlong toward a larger group. Based on this, the only logical conclusion is that they are being controlled - perhaps your friends with the bloody wings know something about this?"
"So... the first thing when you see someone being controlled is killing him?"

He starts to look a bit angry...and sound ironic...
"To sum up. You kill if something doesn't run away and you think it should. You kill if you think someone is controlled and is near you. And you see nothing evil in this... really?

...And really the ones who talk about appearances are mostly you... and you call me racist...

If you came to this word creating and healing I would think of you as potential allies. Yet you came and started the killings thus I think of you as monsters...
Do you have any more misleading words you want to direct to me? Or will you let out your savage natures once again and just provoke me kill you both?"

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-05, 03:37 PM
"I wish to kill them only to free them and I will then return them to life. If I had another method I would use it, but I was trying to save in the spur of the moment. Now let's not pick fights with good interdictioned people little one."

drack
2012-09-05, 03:56 PM
I actually have a template of all the shades organized for me to type in. :smallbiggrin:

Yup, still looks cool. :smallbiggrin:

Anywho this is more the level of DMing I expect this game to form into with plenty pf player-player interactions, and minimal need of a DM. :smallbiggrin: Ah well guess I need to do something every now and then. :smalltongue:
IC:

The scarlet angels remain to the rear, though you see a ventriloquism spell open within your group. "We do not command them as you may think, but tell them of the large militant encampment that was here on which they might feed for it's refusal to heed our dismissal from the lands."

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-05, 04:05 PM
"Well I won't tell you how to treat your guests, but know that you will be shone a better time in my land."

drack
2012-09-05, 04:16 PM
I care not for your pleasantries naga worm, begone from these peaks.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-05, 04:24 PM
"Well Abross I would enjoy discussing the subject of my guilt further, but it seems I have to go. Would you care to join me and my friend for a meal to finish this conversation?"

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-05, 04:27 PM
Ambross points with his hand on the heaps of dead wolf bodies...
"Racism? Presumptions? Appearances?
I am judging you on the basis of the killing you done!
Do you call it racism too?"

"I do, as I have not killed a single wolf thus far. You only assume that I have based on what you believe me to be. I see no evil in defending my people from a hostile force. Would you allow yours to be slaughtered in a war because to kill is evil? Of course not."

The blatant threat gets a snort, but otherwise he does not address it.

The scarlet angels remain to the rear, though you see a ventriloquism spell open within your group. "We do not command them as you may think, but tell them of the large militant encampment that was here on which they might feed for it's refusal to heed our dismissal from the lands."

"Large militant encampment? Refusal to heed a dismissal? Hah!" The giant laughs derisively at the scarlet angels. "Try an encampment of innocent civilians who you wantonly had them attack for failing to be able to move an entire civilization in a minute. I told you we would move - it just takes time for such a large group. And yet you still believe your actions justified? Bah!"

"Well Abross I would enjoy discussing the subject of my guilt further, but it seems I have to go. Would you care to join me and my friend for a meal to finish this conversation?"

"Ah, a meal would be nice. Where would you propose to take us?"

Lexin
2012-09-05, 04:31 PM
*shrug*
"If they... ...angels... ...think it is enough for you to go away, who am I to object. Let's go then..."

He looks a bit disappointed.

OOC: I am curious, why is that, when someone finds out they are talking with a player they instantly change their attitudes and stop fighting/ start getting extremely friendly... strange...

drack
2012-09-05, 04:50 PM
OOC: I've noticed that too...

IC:
"I would prefer they wiped off the face of the world, though I will not object to giving The good doctor Jonathan more subjects..."

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-05, 04:59 PM
Ha-Kniellghy spits out a portal "Away we go then'. This would be the time to head to the PiratePad I sent you all a link of.