PDA

View Full Version : Evil Monks

Rethmar
2012-09-01, 07:26 AM
I'm looking for some examples of in-lore evil monks. I know of two organizations, and the Dark Moon isn't too interesting.

I have a player looking to play a monk for an evil campaign, but he doesn't really understand the idea of it.

So I'm looking for examples of individual evil monks in the lore for 3.5 Faerun or Greyhawk.

Thanks in advance.

docnessuno
2012-09-01, 07:30 AM
The Long Death order worships the principle of death without caring much which deity currently owns the portfolio. They are more than willing to share death and its antecedent, pain, with others. Clerics of the previous god of death, Myrkul chose to view them as part of their god's long-range plans. Kelemvor (the current god of the dead) views them as enemies, but is at least pleased they they do not actively promote undeath. Velsharoon (the god of necromancy and undeath) wants to woo them, but has not figured out how. Monks of the Long Death may multiclass freely as fighters, assassins, and blackguards. This order is quite strong in Thay, though not with the sanction or cooperation of the Red Wizards. See also Rand's Travelogues: Monks of the Long Death.

Hope this is helpful.

kardar233
2012-09-01, 07:31 AM
The Order of the Invisible Fist is in EoE, I believe.

Venger
2012-09-01, 06:08 PM
The Order of the Invisible Fist is in EoE, I believe.

Invisible fist isn't actually a monastic order, just an ACF. You don't have to be evil to use it.

I think that you could fluff the Zealots of the Written Word (carmendine monk) as an evil organization. it's got the word zealot in there, and there isn't any fluff I could find in champions of valor to suggest they were good.