PDA

View Full Version : Building Fluffy in 3.5

TsugaruRage
2012-09-01, 07:38 AM
Well, We're currently Rolling up characters for an epic campaign. My main is a spellstiched Necropolitian gestalt Wiz/Clr of Evening Glory, Wee Jass and Myhriss. For his leadership, I was thinking about having a Tibbit Planar Shepard with a kitten animal companion.

But I was wondering, what can I do to make this kitten stronger? How do I make a kitten that will strike fear into the hearts of gods?

Daftendirekt
2012-09-01, 10:00 AM
I was expecting a thread on how to stat out Hagrid's 3-headed dog from Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone.

BobVosh
2012-09-01, 10:40 AM
I was expecting a thread on how to stat out Hagrid's 3-headed dog from Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone.

So I wasn't the only one...

Also PAO. Makes everything better. You can always do wealthamancy stuff to make it spooky. Perhaps create an epic level spell to imbue spell like abilities. What in particular do you want to do to the poor kitty who only wishes to look adorable to make it strike fear into gods.

TsugaruRage
2012-09-01, 05:42 PM
So I wasn't the only one...

Also PAO. Makes everything better. You can always do wealthamancy stuff to make it spooky. Perhaps create an epic level spell to imbue spell like abilities. What in particular do you want to do to the poor kitty who only wishes to look adorable to make it strike fear into gods.

Something like this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0780.html), just replace the commoner with a terrasque :smalltongue:
I want it to look cute and adorable while being fantastic in melee.
On the bright side, the DM may allow me to the the Legendary Animal Template on it.

I was looking at various templates, but most of them cannot be applied to Animal companions (such as Feral, awakened, warbeast, etc).

As for spells, I'd easily be able to buff up it's stats with epic ritual spells. Other metamagic'd spells like persisted Lion's Charge, Claws of the Savage and divine power would help as well.
One of the big hurdles that I need to look at is finding a way to overcome DR/Epic. I could get an Necklace of Natural Weapons or an Amulet of mighty Fists +6, but they have rather high costs that come with them~
I wish that I knew of a spell that could bypass epic DR or a spell seed that I could use to do so.

Edit: Also, What is PAO?

eggs
2012-09-01, 08:29 PM
PAO-W! (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/polymorphAnyObject.htm)
:smallbiggrin: