PDA

View Full Version : Enlarge Person ond Wildshaped Druid

Yoven
2012-09-01, 11:35 AM
Hello,
i need some help with the Rules to enlarge Person.
A druid in Wild shape still has it's human type, so he can be affected by enlarge Person.
I guess this increases the size of his Wildshaped form by one.. EG Black bear now is Large.
How does this Affect his stats and natural Attacks?
I'd assume Natural Attacks count as Weapons and are therefore enlarged by one size category in damage dice.
But does said druid only gain the +2Str and -2Dex as listed under the Enlarge Person spell or as he is running around as a Bear will be affected by the Table in the MM stating that the increase from Medium to Huge gives additional 8 Strengh, 4 Con, and -2 Dex as well as +2 to natural Armor.

If he only gets the +2St and -2 Dex, is it still worth it enlarging the wildshaped druid as he gets -1 on his Armor due to size increase

Urpriest
2012-09-01, 11:37 AM
The MM table is only for size increases due to HD advancement. For a spell, it's just whatever the spell description says: +2 Str, -2 Dex in this case.

It's still worth enlarging, because the main purpose of enlarging is the increase in reach.

molten_dragon
2012-09-01, 11:44 AM
It's still worth enlarging, because the main purpose of enlarging is the increase in reach.

For a wildshaped druid, it's also quite nice for grapple bonuses, since druids have access to some great grapple forms, and an additional +4 on top of that makes them even better.