PDA

View Full Version : A question on forum rules...

The-Mage-King
2012-09-01, 05:12 PM
Specifically, the avatar rules.

I've stumbled upon a way (http://signavatar.com/) to make a single image link pull up a different image each time it's loaded.

I know that having an animated avatar is unacceptable, but these wouldn't be animated, just changed with each time they're loaded. Is using this a violation of the forum rules?

Renegade Paladin
2012-09-01, 07:07 PM
The use of rotating images in signatures is banned because of some sort of potential programming exploit. I'd assume this would hit the same snag.

Rockphed
2012-09-01, 08:27 PM
I don't remember if this is explicitly in the rules, but mods have mentioned that such things are against the rules. The biggest reason they have mentioned is that it is too hard to moderate such content. Specifically, if you wanted to sneak in a one in 5000 chance that your avatar would be objectionable (say a character holding a sign saying "[Banned Topic] is [Banned Action]"), it would be almost impossible for the mods to confirm that you actually had such an avatar.

Roland St. Jude
2012-09-01, 09:46 PM
Sheriff: Correct. Please don't do that. Rawhide may be along to add technical insights, but regardless, don't do that.