PDA

View Full Version : Expanded PM Box?/Deleting Posts

Thanqol
2012-09-02, 04:13 AM
Hello!

I like this website. I keep all my stuff here, and I'd like to support it if I could. It bugs me having a limited size PM box; archiving and deleting is a pain. Would it be possible for me to pay some money towards server maintenance fees in exchange for an expanded PM box? :smallsmile:

Secondly, is deleting posts kosher?

Roland St. Jude
2012-09-02, 08:40 AM
Hello!

I like this website. I keep all my stuff here, and I'd like to support it if I could. It bugs me having a limited size PM box; archiving and deleting is a pain. Would it be possible for me to pay some money towards server maintenance fees in exchange for an expanded PM box? :smallsmile:I feel your pain, between all the poster questions, PbP emails, and other stuff, I'm always running at near full PM box. But more space, for pay or otherwise, isn't something we're offering:

Unfortunately, we are not going to increase the number of PMs you can store. For starters, that would increase the size of the database dramatically, something we have to be very mindful of. We're not an email server, we can't store large numbers of your messages for you permanently. It also prevents you from logging on to find 967 messages from the same person or spambots.

I suggest you use that program so that you can export (download) your private messages then read them on your computer and empty your inbox. This will also help with our database size.
Also, we're not inclined to take money for specific website services.

Secondly, is deleting posts kosher?Do you mean PMs? Because you can delete those to make more space. If you mean posts, you can delete your own posts as long as it's not for any nefarious purpose or a mod-edit post of yours.