PDA

View Full Version : 150$ Sourcebooks...

Crow
2012-09-02, 12:25 PM
So I'm looking for a few sourcebooks for Star Wars: Saga Edition, and it seems they are out of print, and what copies I can find are being inflated to prices of well over 100 dollars each!

Anybody know of some places to get books for this system that are more reasonably priced?

Mainly looking for Starships of the Galaxy, and Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide.

Jack of Spades
2012-09-02, 01:42 PM
You might be able to find them if you call your local hobby stores. Those places tend to have a lot of old sourcebooks at near-retail price.

Yora
2012-09-02, 02:02 PM
That's where I happened to come upon my KotOR guide purely by accident. I was just strolling the shops while visiting my parents and happened to come by the local gaming store, and they just had it sitting there with all the other books.

Starwulf
2012-09-03, 12:30 AM
So I'm looking for a few sourcebooks for Star Wars: Saga Edition, and it seems they are out of print, and what copies I can find are being inflated to prices of well over 100 dollars each!

Anybody know of some places to get books for this system that are more reasonably priced?

Mainly looking for Starships of the Galaxy, and Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide.

If you are not adverse to having it in Digital form, I'm sure you can find them somewhere online for their original(or maybe even less) price. Hell, don't even have to settle for it being digital if you have a printer(Of course, printing a 100-200 page sourcebook might cost you a fair bit of ink, and of course, the paper itself).

Crow
2012-09-03, 01:44 AM
If you are not adverse to having it in Digital form, I'm sure you can find them somewhere online for their original(or maybe even less) price. Hell, don't even have to settle for it being digital if you have a printer(Of course, printing a 100-200 page sourcebook might cost you a fair bit of ink, and of course, the paper itself).

Well I already found some digital copies, but that was just to check them out, so I can't really keep those. I am going to try calling my FLGS and see what they have, but judging by the last time I was in there, I think chances are slim. May call some shops a little further away just to see if it's out there.

holywhippet
2012-09-03, 04:21 PM
There are some second hand copies a bit cheaper listed on Amazon. Not all that much cheaper admittedly.

BootStrapTommy
2012-09-04, 12:51 AM
I'm always adverse to advising the breaking of a law but...
{Scrubbed}

EccentricCircle
2012-09-04, 04:29 AM
I managed to find most of them by systematically visiting all the gaming shops I knew of in London, Birmingham and Manchester. but that was over a year ago now, and i've not seen Saga Star Wars books on the shelves of anywhere for a long time. I'm still looking for the Knights of the Old Republic book, which is ridiculously expensive online.