PDA

View Full Version : How do old style (FF) grafts interact with new Style (eberron)?

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-02, 04:52 PM
How do they interact? Does the rule that you can't have more than 1 type of graft also affect the old style ones?

Could I get a Feathered Wings Graft applied and then getting a Grappling vine one? Or having the first one precludes getting the second one?

rkarnes
2012-09-02, 05:37 PM
FF? What is FF?

Lateral
2012-09-02, 05:51 PM
FF? What is FF?

Fiend Folio.

eggs
2012-09-02, 05:52 PM
The Eberron Graft rules don't specify that they only apply to the new-style Grafts, so it looks like they stealth-errata the Fiend Folio/Serpent Kingdoms/etc. ones.

...Which is a rule I'm going to totally ignore. For the Fleshgrafter's sake.

Zaydos
2012-09-02, 05:59 PM
The Eberron Graft rules don't specify that they only apply to the new-style Grafts, so it looks like they stealth-errata the Fiend Folio/Serpent Kingdoms/etc. ones.

...Which is a rule I'm going to totally ignore. For the Fleshgrafter's sake.

The graft rules in Magic of Eberron specify:

(The rules presented here might deviate from those of the grafts presented in other books. These rules apply only to the grafts in this book, and not to any other form of graft previously introduced.)

So they don't errata the older ones. That said I'm not familiar enough with the graft rules to say much more (I didn't like either set so I mostly ignore them since I know my players won't figure them out unless I point them out).

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-02, 06:13 PM
So it seems I could get my Feathered Wings and then get the grappling vine; but once I got that one I would be locked out of other types of grafts.

Sounds reasonable.

ThiagoMartell
2012-09-02, 08:18 PM
I think that's one of the rules everyone ignores, like multiclass penalties. Grafts are a lot more fun if you can mix and match.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-02, 08:28 PM
I just wanted to know if there was a RAW way to mix and match them (though I do agree that mixing them is awesome).

Curmudgeon
2012-09-02, 09:23 PM
You can mix and match all the old style grafts you want. The new rules apply only to the new grafts. With those you pick one type of new graft and that's it. Given that there are more old grafts than new, it's not a big restriction. So embrace the spirit of the new themed grafts, and if one type of new graft doesn't do it for you, you've still got all the old grafts.