PDA

View Full Version : Netrunner

Science Officer
2012-09-02, 05:43 PM
Netrunner (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netrunner) is a trading card game about cybercombat. It was made by Richard Garfield/Wizards of the Coast, and has very interesting asymmetrical gameplay.

Anyone ever play this? Anything to talk about?

I've got one of the start kits and thought the game was very unbalanced against the corp, but it turns out the corp deck was just really weak. Cutting both of the piles to 45 cards balanced things out a little.

Snowstorm
2012-09-02, 08:50 PM
It sold out within 7 minutes at Gencon... so no, I haven't had a chance to play the new version yet.

The old CCG I absolutely adored, though.

Science Officer
2012-09-02, 09:45 PM
The old CCG is indeed what I was referring to.

Brother Oni
2012-09-03, 06:58 AM
Played it a long time ago and I agree that the starter Corp deck is extremely unoptimised.

As I remember, one of the main issues was that it didn't have any official multiplayer rules, so at the time Jyhad/V:TES and L5R had it beat on large scale multiplayer, while Magic was still king of the 1 on 1 style.

I agree it was fun - my brother had a corp deck which did very little except get enough tags on the runner to drop a rock on him (for non-Netrunner players, acquire enough trace/location information to initiate a tactical mass driver strike), called "Rocks fall, everybody dies".

How does the new version compare to the old?