PDA

View Full Version : Popular Vampire Game Plots

GoblinGilmartin
2012-09-02, 09:41 PM
I've recently considered running a game of VtM, but the problem I find with many urban fantasy game is there is too much to choose from.

Can anyone suggest some archetypal plot lines and or favorite plot lines of theirs to pull from?

Malkavians Forever!

The Glyphstone
2012-09-02, 10:22 PM
Sabbat/Camarilla infiltrators are sneaking around the city.

Hunters are threatening the Masquerade/Silence of Blood.

A powerful member of the court or city leadership has gone missing.

A mysterious plague is driving ghouls berserk and making them turn on their regnants.

The Nosferatu are Up To Something.

Those are just generic faction-neutral plots I brainstormed off the top of my head.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-09-02, 10:32 PM
Sabbat/Camarilla infiltrators are sneaking around the city.

Hunters are threatening the Masquerade/Silence of Blood.

A powerful member of the court or city leadership has gone missing.

A mysterious plague is driving ghouls berserk and making them turn on their regnants.

The Nosferatu are Up To Something.

Those are just generic faction-neutral plots I brainstormed off the top of my head.

Well, those are more plot hooks than plot lines, but i get where you're going. What are the Nosferatu up to?

btw, what is the Silence of blood?

ZeroNumerous
2012-09-02, 10:47 PM
btw, what is the Silence of blood?

In a nutshell it's the Sabbat equivalent of the Masquerade, just much less rigid.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-09-02, 10:48 PM
Ahh. Cool. I haven't looked too hard into the sabbat yet.

The Glyphstone
2012-09-02, 11:59 PM
Well, those are more plot hooks than plot lines, but i get where you're going. What are the Nosferatu up to?

Something. They're always up to Something, it's the ST's decision what.

And yeah, that's the Sabbat version of the masquerade. I didn't know if you were planning a Camarilla/Anarch game or a Sabbat game.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-09-03, 11:19 AM
Something. They're always up to Something, it's the ST's decision what.

And yeah, that's the Sabbat version of the masquerade. I didn't know if you were planning a Camarilla/Anarch game or a Sabbat game.

Yet another thing to be considered... I was hoping to start Cam based, and then maybe introduce Sabbat and then the rest of the local nightlife.

and i thought over the disease thing. I just watched The Hunger, with David Bowie, interesting stuff.

The Glyphstone
2012-09-03, 11:23 AM
If you're running a C/A game, having the Sabbat show up early is a good thing. They are the Bad Guys, and the most convenient option if your players want to punch something in the face and/or you want to give a combat primer...have a couple of shovelheads sneak into the city to cause havoc and run into the party, it doesn't even have to be a planned mission.

Rallicus
2012-09-03, 11:45 AM
The vampires take over an inter-dimensional law firm and fight a horde of monsters and a dragon at the end.

PaintByBlood
2012-09-03, 11:58 AM
So this is basically the exact thing I've been doing for 3 days. Just bought VtM, and I'm planning a campaign for a group that has never even dabbled in it before. The most I know of it is from playing the video game, which was exceptionally faithful and very good, I think.

Anyway, I'd try to think starting with the needs of your group. For mine; being that they will be coming from no knowledge of the specific details of the World of Darkness vampires, the masquerade, and all that; I'm going to cook up something that gives me a chance to explain all that in person, so they will either start out as humans being considered for the Embrace, or more likely newly Embraced fledgelings, and get all that knowledge firsthand from an elder.

As far as specifics go, I'm thinking they may end up as a wartime coterie of illegally sired fledgelings, sent to knock down a nearby group of witch-hunters to prove themselves worth keeping (their sires having been destroyed as those things go). Not exactly a typical Camirilla methedology, but it's a small town on the East Coast being pushed on heavily by the Sabbat, and they're short on spare hands, and the hunters need to go before the Sabbat start something.

Just some thoughts, if any of that helps.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-09-03, 12:10 PM
The vampires take over an inter-dimensional law firm and fight a horde of monsters and a dragon at the end.

hey! keep VtM GURPS out of this!