PDA

View Full Version : Dragon god stats

SirWolf312
2012-09-02, 10:17 PM
Do any of the books have combat stats for the old dragon god Io? One of my players is interested in this god so I've been searching but haven't had any luck.

Ashdate
2012-09-02, 11:57 PM
According to 4e mythology, Io no longer exists (having been split into Bahamut and Tiamat, or having birthed the two in some way), so there isn't any official stats for him.

That said, if you want to "create" Io, the logical place to start would be to combine both Bahamut and Tiamat together to create some sort of uber god. Bahamut is a level 36 Solo Soldier (Draconomicon 2), but Tiamat has not officially been given any stats. That said, he's likely a level 35 or so Brute, as there has been an Level 17 "Aspect of Tiamat" (Draconomicon 1).

Judging by the difference between the "Aspect of Bahamut" and the actual "Bahamut", you could pretty much scale the "Aspect of Tiamat" into a level 35+ Brute and call it a day.

Combining them would be a different matter; if you consider that Io is a combination of both gods, then (even being generous) he's still probably a level 36 solo himself, although perhaps closer to level 38. Sprinkle abilities from both Tiamat and Bahamut as desired.

NecroRebel
2012-09-03, 02:44 PM
Tiamat has not officially been given any stats.

Actually, Tiamat was the first deity statted out, in Draconomicon 1. Actually, the full goddess's stats are on the page before the stats of her aspect. She's a L35 solo brute.

Incidentally, I believe that she's also the first solo creature to have been granted a form of resistance to daze and stun effects, something now mostly standard.

Adoendithas
2012-09-03, 03:16 PM
Wasn't Orcus the first, in MM1?

Ashdate
2012-09-03, 03:18 PM
Actually, Tiamat was the first deity statted out, in Draconomicon 1. Actually, the full goddess's stats are on the page before the stats of her aspect. She's a L35 solo brute.

Incidentally, I believe that she's also the first solo creature to have been granted a form of resistance to daze and stun effects, something now mostly standard.

My mistake! Tiamat is not listed in the Compendium (but his aspect is). He's not listed in the copy of the Monster Builder I have either. TECHNOLOGY!

NecroRebel
2012-09-03, 03:53 PM
Wasn't Orcus the first, in MM1?

Technically, Orcus is just a very powerful demon, not a deity, though I had forgotten about him.

Nu
2012-09-04, 12:33 PM
My mistake! Tiamat is not listed in the Compendium (but his aspect is). He's not listed in the copy of the Monster Builder I have either. TECHNOLOGY!

The monster builder unfortunately never really got enough love and seems to have been abandoned.

Mando Knight
2012-09-04, 03:44 PM

*her, she

I think that Tiamat was considered a poorly designed monster by WotC, since she's only published in two places (Draconomicon 1 and the final module of Dungeon's Scales of War adventure path)... though she has several features of Monster Vault creatures: multiple turns or off-turn actions, auto-saves against certain effects, and the ability to engage the entire party at once.

Given that she also has MM1 level defenses and HP and an at-will Dominate power, she's rather devastating for a Brute (she has the defenses of a same-level Soldier and the highest HP of any monster published by WotC for 4e).