PDA

View Full Version : My Party Looted 26,600 Pounds of Stuff.

Lonely Tylenol
2012-09-03, 06:43 AM
Title.

The long and short of it is, my party made it to the end of a long and winding dungeon, where they found an elaborate, richly stocked alchemy lab and a literal library of books on the arcane, deities of all pantheons, rituals, binding, alchemy, and all manner of ceremonial magics and history: a research factory for a Drow who was harvesting mandragora blood for scrying materials.

After clearing the caves and research facility out (including slaying all the budding mandragora), the party left, and came back the next day with a wand of floating disk (CL 5) and four prepared castings of floating disk (CL 4). The 54 castings will, in total, amount to up to 26,600 pounds worth of carrying capacity... Which they intend to use as much of as humanly possible.

There are two ways I can go about this:

EASY MODE: Give an approximation of the total weight of all the books on the bookshelves (roughly 80 bookshelves, each 10 feet long and 5 shelves high) and all the alchemical items, plus all the fineries, magic items, and anything not bolted down which is made of metal, and approximate the value based on the weight of each group; or

HARD MODE: Give a detailed inventory of 26,600 pounds worth of dungeon.

Who wants to help me HARD MODE this? :smallcool:

Failing that, who out there is good enough with math to EASY MODE this? I'm at a loss.

Yora
2012-09-03, 06:52 AM
That's over 10 tonnes. I think they could easily just take everything.

Depends of course of what size of library and lab you are talking.

Andreaz
2012-09-03, 06:54 AM
That much loot is an adventure on its own right! Who will buy it? Who can buy it? How many will be needed to sell it? How to defend the stash during the days you'll take to sell it all? (weeks! months!)

Lonely Tylenol
2012-09-03, 07:22 AM
That's over 10 tonnes. I think they could easily just take everything.

In which case, I need to quantify "everything".

Depends of course of what size of library and lab you are talking.

80 bookshelves, each 10 feet long and 5 shelves high. Laid end-to-end, this equates to roughly 4,000 feet of bookshelves.

That much loot is an adventure on its own right! Who will buy it? Who can buy it? How many will be needed to sell it? How to defend the stash during the days you'll take to sell it all? (weeks! months!)

At least two different PCs have already given me plans for this, both of which involve some variation of "fence it": the first to guilds and libraries at the capitol city, and the second to a literal fence. I could probably actually make an adventure out of it as well (but will probably not play it up, as it's a large group that tends to stress fine details a lot, and if I had the work out the logistics of every transaction, the whole affair will take weeks or months of game time).

Basically, I have to decide if I am going to inventory the entire dungeon. Which I probably have to, for the alchemy stuff, but I might as well HARD MODE the whole thing and give a precise inventory at that point. :smallamused:

Endelehia
2012-09-03, 07:25 AM
Perhaps the easiest way to deal with this ( although it might not fit to your game ) ,is to introduce a less evil associate of the drow or simply a noble/wizard librarian/researcher enthusiast.After he got informed of the drow's demise,he is willing to pay the PCs roughly the market worth of the library and lab,in the condition they leave it intact,so he can continue the research.

The PCs can still get the magic items they are interested in and in the same time effectively selling the sum of the other items,without the hassle of moving them or finding a buyer ( which as Andreaz said it would be extremely troublesome,i imagine it like a backyard sale for once :smallsmile:)

molten_dragon
2012-09-03, 07:36 AM
80 bookshelves, each 10 feet long and 5 shelves high. Laid end-to-end, this equates to roughly 4,000 feet of bookshelves.

Okay, you've got me curious now. I've got some bookshelves that are 3 feet wide, and I can fit, on average, about 24 hardback books (I'm assuming there probably aren't paperbacks in D&D) on each shelf. So a 10-foot wide shelf could hold 80 books. So that's a total of 80*80*5= 32,000 books (roughly). I also weighed some of my books on my kitchen scale, and came up with an average weight per hardback book of 1.47 pounds. So for all the books put together, that comes out to about 47,000 pounds. And that's just the books, not the alchemical lab equipment, and any magic items or other valuable stuff sitting around.

Yora
2012-09-03, 07:45 AM
I think it's much more important to find a solution for the selling. If they can't get everything out in a single run, they can return for a second and third one.

But then they are sitting on this huge pile of stuff and what to do with that is the much bigger issue. Do you want to calculate prices for all the 30,000 plus items of furniture, cuttlery, alchemical ingedients, and spare clothing?

zanetheinsane
2012-09-03, 09:00 AM
If you stacked all of the books end to end, how many times would they go to the moon and back?

Kol Korran
2012-09-03, 09:21 AM
Yora is right, if they can do this one time, they can do it again. you need to get an aproximate estimation of the content. I'll try The simple approach. I'm going for an easy estimation.

Books
In my estimation a foot can have say... 5 books on average? (old world books with thick heavy binding and pages). That comes to 5*10*5*80= 20,000 books. Now that's a LOT of books. There is no way they are all that high quality and specialized, expensive and so on, especially in "old world era" where books were rare. It seems the library may contain quite a bit of less expensive books. So... again, an approximation:

17,000 of the books are fairly common books, of a wide array of subjects, but fairly basic all in all, giving no special bonus to skill checks. I'd price these as worth about 5 gp each, (a sword should cost more in old times?) for a total of 85,000gp. However, It would be quite hard to fence or distribute 17,000 books, lowering this price considerably. to what price exactly, i can't say, but i'd wager 50-60,000 should be a good bench mark. You may let the party try and haggle for the price (Diplomacy? decent Appraise skill?), but most chances their fences are better hagglers.

2,500 of the books are a better quality of books, each giving about a +2 to research in their own specialized subject (a group of poisons, a specific pantheon, the royal family of the 2nd elven rise era), or as a group they can give a +8 on knowledge checks. Thye might be used together once per week (it takes time to search all the books) to produce the equivalent of a Legend Lore spell. This will hopefully make them more worthy to keep. If the party wishes to sell these, I'd price each book as 50gp (like a spell book, without the magic), coming up to 125,000 gp. again, it might be hard to sell these (specialized tastes) so the total price may come down to... 80-90,000?

Last of all Are the 500 special rare books, of great skill of writing and exquisite special knowledge. I suggest these are manuals that deal with both the basics and the key elements of practical application of many kinds of alchemical and magical lore. Each can give a +4 to a specific subject or alchemy, together they can give a +12 to knowledge checks but also alchemy checks and perhaps reduce the creation cost of magical items by 10-20% (not sure how much is balanced or not). I'd price these books at 250 each, coming to 125,000 as well, with the same reduction of price and such...

I'll leave it to you how much the useful qualities of the collection are diminshed if you sell parts of it.

Alchemy
I really don't know how many were involved in this, or what is involved in Mandragora blood extraction, but a few thoughts:
- Several alchemical labs (each worth 500gp) for minions, and a few high quality alchemical labs (giving +4 to alchemy) worth 1500gp each. However, dissembling such a lab without breaking orruining it's delicate key ingredients takes an alchemy check 10 or intelligence check 15.
- Alchemical supplies. I'd suggest to make these few in number since this is supposed to be an active lab? I'd say about 1000-2500 worth of raw materials. Some of it will need taking care of not to spoil (I'd suggest DC 15 alchemy check or half the stuff goes bad within 1d3 days.)
- The results: what are these scrying materials they make? coating of crystal balls? special scrying fonts? I can't quite give an estimation here. These can range from not lots of money to luxury stuff. I'd imagine the latter.

Utility magic items
I can think of are a bunch of continual flame lamps (even a drow needs to see the color of the alchemical ingredient s/he is looking at), perhaps some wands to put an arcane mark on shipment boxes, perhaps even arcane lock them. Maybe even a wand of endure elements to boxes of delicate alchemical ingredients (like the blood?) You'll have to decide how many.

tables, pots and pans
If the party is THAT greedy, I'd give some measly sum for the collected knives, clothing and so on (up to 500 gp tops!) Maybe 1-3 special items (fine cutlery, a piece of art, an impressive outfit) that may gain more- up to 250 each. I'd make the

I know these are all estimation, but it's an easy solution, that might work. In any case I think this is quite a bit of loot. A drow minion could just spill a lamp and burn most of the books (not all) or rob the better ones with a bag of holding) but that will probably feel unfair.

None of my players were that invested in the money...

Shotaro
2012-09-03, 09:35 AM
How far away are they from the nearest town? Even with 54 castings of floating disk they can only carry a LOT of that equipment for five hours and that includes the time it will take them to load it.

Surely you would be better trying to persuade them it would be cheaper and easier for them to just use this as a base.

As a side note what level are the party? You may find that you're pretty screwed at WBL - My party managed to kill a dragon and have valued it's body (split into the sellable sections) at around 50k gold. No merchant in town can afford it so it has had to be banked until a local trader's market reaches them.

Glimbur
2012-09-03, 10:44 AM
What is the dungeon made out of? Raw stone probably isn't worth taking out, but finely dressed blocks might be worth it. Of course, you do have to be careful not to collapse the dungeon as you steal it. How good are the doors? What is the light source of the dungeon?

Who legally owns the land?

dextercorvia
2012-09-03, 11:28 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Stronghold Builder's Guide has information on Libraries by cost, and even a bit about the weight of all those books. You can just tell them that it is a 2000gp library on Alchemy, or whatever.

ThiagoMartell
2012-09-03, 11:50 AM
On a (related) sidenote, does it say anywhere how long it takes for a city to 'reset' their GP limit?

Ketiara
2012-09-03, 01:38 PM
I'm thinking that they have to wrestle With the ruler of the land. Might not think its finders keepers... Perhaps rather the Content goes to familey or relatives, and if such isn't around it goes to the realm/ruler. Perhaps they can get a finders fee, and some reward because of the trouble transporting the massive amount of loot.
You can then let the players decide if they want to "hide" the more rare artefacts. But someone in the kingdom might have ideas of what sort of stuff and rarities the drow has been hoarding.

Agent 451
2012-09-03, 01:44 PM
Drop a hint that a local guild/university/whatever is looking for a fully functional alchemical lab and is willing to either pay x amount (whatever DM decides) or a 30% monthly profit share, and that they are willing to cover the cost of either the moving of the lab, or have a desire to setup a secondary alchemy campus at the location (if feasible).

TypoNinja
2012-09-03, 02:08 PM
I'm thinking that they have to wrestle With the ruler of the land. Might not think its finders keepers... Perhaps rather the Content goes to familey or relatives, and if such isn't around it goes to the realm/ruler. Perhaps they can get a finders fee, and some reward because of the trouble transporting the massive amount of loot.
You can then let the players decide if they want to "hide" the more rare artefacts. But someone in the kingdom might have ideas of what sort of stuff and rarities the drow has been hoarding.

Local lordlings who try and tax adventuring parties don't last long. This is a group of people who kill things for a living, things that the army is scared of.

One of two things happen, either the lordling gets facerolled by a pissed off party after he tried to steal their hard earned loot, or word gets round that this guy pulls stuff like that and adventurers avoid his lands.

The second option is just a slower death, the D&D world is just full of things that can make a whole city go away if left unchecked, trying to tax the adventurers is a losing proposition. Banditry alone, never mind the monsters and creepy crawlies.

On the other hand, the Lord still gets a cut of all their shopping, and adventurers as a rule spend orders of magnitude more money than your average townie, so the smart ones probably figured out a long time ago that encouraging adventures in the area is the best option.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-09-03, 03:19 PM
How long will it take them to get back to town only single-moving each round (the disk's speed), and how long will it take them to load each disk? That spell only lasts an hour/level, so I doubt they'll actually get that much weight back with them. Should have just picked up a Scroll of Teleportation Circle.

Private
2012-09-03, 05:14 PM
If any of them are a high-level Wildshaper, moving stuff shouldn't be a problem using this trick from the MOMF Bible:

Minor MMF trick 2: UHAUL I wildshape
Thinking of moving, say, a few tons of stuff over dangerous terrain, a ballista perhaps or a few large boulders up a steep hill you are defending? Easy. You take a very strong form like elephant and then load yourself up to your maximum encumbrance, which is almost 5 tons for n elephant. Then you wildshape into something else. Since all equipment melds and melded equipment doesn’t weight a thing, which means that you have no penalties whatsoever. When you reach your destination, you change back, and all the stuff reappears.

Mithril Leaf
2012-09-03, 06:30 PM
Should've had the rogue pick up an enveloping pit. C'est la vie. The books might be enough to fill their weight capacity.

Lonely Tylenol
2012-09-03, 07:38 PM
Perhaps the easiest way to deal with this ( although it might not fit to your game ) ,is to introduce a less evil associate of the drow or simply a noble/wizard librarian/researcher enthusiast.After he got informed of the drow's demise,he is willing to pay the PCs roughly the market worth of the library and lab,in the condition they leave it intact,so he can continue the research.

They already muscled out the people who had come in after the drow's demise (I was misinformed at the time of this post; there were a few days of downtime in which the wand was bought, and they sought out an Artificer to make a scroll of Scry and find somebody who had eluded them, and miscellaneous other things). They were less than friendly (but then, the party left their associate's dead body on the ground, and then told the enforcers that they had just killed the previous owner and were lawfully entitled to lay claim to her research tools).

The PCs can still get the magic items they are interested in and in the same time effectively selling the sum of the other items,without the hassle of moving them or finding a buyer ( which as Andreaz said it would be extremely troublesome,i imagine it like a backyard sale for once :smallsmile:)

This probably would have been the easiest approach to it. :smalltongue:

Okay, you've got me curious now. I've got some bookshelves that are 3 feet wide, and I can fit, on average, about 24 hardback books (I'm assuming there probably aren't paperbacks in D&D) on each shelf. So a 10-foot wide shelf could hold 80 books. So that's a total of 80*80*5= 32,000 books (roughly). I also weighed some of my books on my kitchen scale, and came up with an average weight per hardback book of 1.47 pounds. So for all the books put together, that comes out to about 47,000 pounds. And that's just the books, not the alchemical lab equipment, and any magic items or other valuable stuff sitting around.

These calculations look good to me (and I will probably be using them unless some splat has the approximate weight of "book"), but the person who sought out the wand has expressed interest in buying a use-activated item of Floating Disk, and just using it at-will if possible. (As an aside, do use-activated items allow you to create multiple instances of the spell at the same time?)

I think it's much more important to find a solution for the selling. If they can't get everything out in a single run, they can return for a second and third one.

But then they are sitting on this huge pile of stuff and what to do with that is the much bigger issue. Do you want to calculate prices for all the 30,000 plus items of furniture, cuttlery, alchemical ingedients, and spare clothing?

I think the books and miscellaneous alchemical ingredients (there were ten such shelves of the same, but many were labeled items); for that, however, I need to do an outright inventory, as the players may actually use it (for which the burning question remains: how would I stock a full-on alchemical lab?).

If you stacked all of the books end to end, how many times would they go to the moon and back?

Laid together on the bookshelves, it will get them less than a mile. If you were to stack them vertically in the longest possible way, you wouldn't break the atmosphere outright, but the air would be thin at the top...

Yora is right, if they can do this one time, they can do it again. you need to get an aproximate estimation of the content. I'll try The simple approach. I'm going for an easy estimation.

Books
In my estimation a foot can have say... 5 books on average? (old world books with thick heavy binding and pages). That comes to 5*10*5*80= 20,000 books. Now that's a LOT of books. There is no way they are all that high quality and specialized, expensive and so on, especially in "old world era" where books were rare. It seems the library may contain quite a bit of less expensive books. So... again, an approximation:

17,000 of the books are fairly common books, of a wide array of subjects, but fairly basic all in all, giving no special bonus to skill checks. I'd price these as worth about 5 gp each, (a sword should cost more in old times?) for a total of 85,000gp. However, It would be quite hard to fence or distribute 17,000 books, lowering this price considerably. to what price exactly, i can't say, but i'd wager 50-60,000 should be a good bench mark. You may let the party try and haggle for the price (Diplomacy? decent Appraise skill?), but most chances their fences are better hagglers.

2,500 of the books are a better quality of books, each giving about a +2 to research in their own specialized subject (a group of poisons, a specific pantheon, the royal family of the 2nd elven rise era), or as a group they can give a +8 on knowledge checks. Thye might be used together once per week (it takes time to search all the books) to produce the equivalent of a Legend Lore spell. This will hopefully make them more worthy to keep. If the party wishes to sell these, I'd price each book as 50gp (like a spell book, without the magic), coming up to 125,000 gp. again, it might be hard to sell these (specialized tastes) so the total price may come down to... 80-90,000?

Last of all Are the 500 special rare books, of great skill of writing and exquisite special knowledge. I suggest these are manuals that deal with both the basics and the key elements of practical application of many kinds of alchemical and magical lore. Each can give a +4 to a specific subject or alchemy, together they can give a +12 to knowledge checks but also alchemy checks and perhaps reduce the creation cost of magical items by 10-20% (not sure how much is balanced or not). I'd price these books at 250 each, coming to 125,000 as well, with the same reduction of price and such...

I'll leave it to you how much the useful qualities of the collection are diminshed if you sell parts of it.

They are planning on selling everything that they *do* sell at half market cost, for the sake of expediency, figuring that anybody who wants to buy in bulk either wants to profit from the exchange, or wants to get them as cheaply as possible (the library of this nation's capitol, for example).

I don't know if I agree with all the prices (5gp is roughly equivalent to $50, and 50gp is equivalent to a masterwork tool, and the "better quality" books are not quite that), but I can rework the numbers off this solid model. :smallsmile:

Alchemy
I really don't know how many were involved in this, or what is involved in Mandragora blood extraction, but a few thoughts:
- Several alchemical labs (each worth 500gp) for minions, and a few high quality alchemical labs (giving +4 to alchemy) worth 1500gp each. However, dissembling such a lab without breaking orruining it's delicate key ingredients takes an alchemy check 10 or intelligence check 15.
- Alchemical supplies. I'd suggest to make these few in number since this is supposed to be an active lab? I'd say about 1000-2500 worth of raw materials. Some of it will need taking care of not to spoil (I'd suggest DC 15 alchemy check or half the stuff goes bad within 1d3 days.)
- The results: what are these scrying materials they make? coating of crystal balls? special scrying fonts? I can't quite give an estimation here. These can range from not lots of money to luxury stuff. I'd imagine the latter.

It's basically a liquid pool that replaces the traditional mirror for a scrying focus. It's single-use, but provides a +4 to the save. Kind of a luxury item, especially in E6. Unfortunately, nobody thought to extract the poison before destroying the immature batch of the mandragora farm, which was already presented as a threat to the surface world (and only one person thought to draw the blood, and he did a botched rush-job at it). They could take whatever is left of the first batch, but it won't be a whole lot.

Utility magic items
I can think of are a bunch of continual flame lamps (even a drow needs to see the color of the alchemical ingredient s/he is looking at), perhaps some wands to put an arcane mark on shipment boxes, perhaps even arcane lock them. Maybe even a wand of endure elements to boxes of delicate alchemical ingredients (like the blood?) You'll have to decide how many.

tables, pots and pans
If the party is THAT greedy, I'd give some measly sum for the collected knives, clothing and so on (up to 500 gp tops!) Maybe 1-3 special items (fine cutlery, a piece of art, an impressive outfit) that may gain more- up to 250 each. I'd make the

These are good ideas; I also described a few of the bedrolls as being minor magical items, so there's that.

I know these are all estimation, but it's an easy solution, that might work. In any case I think this is quite a bit of loot. A drow minion could just spill a lamp and burn most of the books (not all) or rob the better ones with a bag of holding) but that will probably feel unfair.

I might change the pricing a bit. If it helps any, the loot is essentially being divided by ten (it's a large group).

None of my players were that invested in the money...

What really surprised me was that this is one of the players that typically doesn't care for money much, but he's looking to pool his resources together and make magic items as gifts for the party as a show of solidarity when he picks up Craft Wondrous Item, so it's all good, I guess.

How far away are they from the nearest town? Even with 54 castings of floating disk they can only carry a LOT of that equipment for five hours and that includes the time it will take them to load it.

The player who sought out the wand explicitly sprung for an extended wand... I raised an eyebrow between my first post and now when I realized that, "hey, Floating Disk doesn't last two hours per caster level", and asked him about it, and he said, "yeah, I am paying extra for an extended wand". (I missed this detail before.)

The trek itself is roughly 8 hours, plotted out, so they COULD do it with an extended wand.

Surely you would be better trying to persuade them it would be cheaper and easier for them to just use this as a base.

They discussed it, but rejected the idea, because they were leery of being so close to the Underdark (a place that, in their limited experiences, has been very hostile to them), with a door leading down into it.

As a side note what level are the party? You may find that you're pretty screwed at WBL - My party managed to kill a dragon and have valued it's body (split into the sellable sections) at around 50k gold. No merchant in town can afford it so it has had to be banked until a local trader's market reaches them.

The party is all level 6, with between zero and two epic feats (this is an E6 game). It is a ten-player party (with an eleventh joining next session), so as far as wealth is concerned, they are ostensibly dividing by ten or more; if this yields them 50,000 gold, each player would get no more than 5,000 of it (if divided evenly). That helps ease WBL concerns somewhat.

What is the dungeon made out of? Raw stone probably isn't worth taking out, but finely dressed blocks might be worth it. Of course, you do have to be careful not to collapse the dungeon as you steal it. How good are the doors? What is the light source of the dungeon?

The dungeon is raw, worked stone (it is a carved depression within a natural cavern), but the floor of the main hall (with the alchemical euipment) is marble, and the room in which they were cultivating mandragora is covered in soil.

The doors are all wood, except the door to the dungeon (which they destroyed) and the double doors to the horticulture room, which are steel. I recently told a member of my party, tongue firmly in cheek, that one day, some months down the line, I would put an adamantine door in a dungeon and make no mention of it unless he asked me what the door was made of; this is not that dungeon.

The light source of the dungeon is an orange moss that has also been cultivated within the dungeon, which emits a faint orange glow, like that of a dying star off in the distance (the equivalent of low, natural lighting). The Drow themselves didn't need light to see; the moss was used as a proxy for natural lighting for the plants and miscellaneous reagents that were being grown in the dungeon.

Who legally owns the land?

Their nation has a tenuous grip on the land in which the cave opens out to on the surface, but the cave itself is deep within a forest in which the dryads are a stronger authority than the regent's law. As far down as they are, however, they are at a mid-point between the surface world and the Underdark, and the actual occupiers were indentured servants (debtors) of one of the oldest and most powerful Drow houses. There are also a number of squatters (a race known only to them as the Dark Folk) living nearer the surface of the cave.

If I'm not mistaken, Stronghold Builder's Guide has information on Libraries by cost, and even a bit about the weight of all those books. You can just tell them that it is a 2000gp library on Alchemy, or whatever.

I will look this up ASAP.

Thanks!

This is a possibility, but the truth is, no ruling entity has a firm grip on the land that this cave could be found in; the closest thing to a ruling authority here would be the network of dryads who answer (somewhat) to a cervidal, a protector spirit who represents the perfected form of a satyr, whom the PCs have just done a service by eliminating both the first batch of mandragora (which had matured and been let loose upon the surface) and the immature second batch (whose cacophonous wails could be heard from deep below the surface). They also have no real love of such material objects.

Drop a hint that a local guild/university/whatever is looking for a fully functional alchemical lab and is willing to either pay x amount (whatever DM decides) or a 30% monthly profit share, and that they are willing to cover the cost of either the moving of the lab, or have a desire to setup a secondary alchemy campus at the location (if feasible).

This could work... If the PCs don't wish to take the lab for themselves (I think only one might). They will still need to clear out the Dark Folk, which are a race neutral to their existence, as well as the spiders and their webs, should they ever return. :smalltongue:

How long will it take them to get back to town only single-moving each round (the disk's speed), and how long will it take them to load each disk? That spell only lasts an hour/level, so I doubt they'll actually get that much weight back with them. Should have just picked up a Scroll of Teleportation Circle.

If any of them are a high-level Wildshaper, moving stuff shouldn't be a problem using this trick from the MOMF Bible:

Should've had the rogue pick up an enveloping pit. C'est la vie. The books might be enough to fill their weight capacity.

I realize I forgot to mention this in the OP, but it's an E6 game, with the usual stipulations (spells above fourth level are nonexistent, and spells above third level are rare). Unfortunately, a scroll of Teleportation Circle isn't an option, and neither are high-level magic items* and options which require a high level investment.

*I am using the E6's suggested hard cap on caster level for item creation. This is not negotiable. I wrote the guide on what these rules mean (or at least the Blue Book), precisely because of my desire to use these rules.

That_guy_there
2012-09-03, 09:26 PM
If i was running this this is how i would do it, using the SRD weight of a Spellbook, each book probably weighs about 3lbs.

HARD MODE attempt:

Thats about 8866 books. BUT you said they're taking everything not nailed down... so cut the weight in 1/2 which is 4433 individual tomes.

1) I'd say that you'd have more informational tomes than you'd have "magic and Formula" tomes, so I figured 3/4 of these books would be "informational" giving you 3324 books that are basically just books, with no gmae mechanics attatched.
These I divided by 7 (based on the following categories: arcane, deities of all pantheons, rituals, binding, alchemy, and all manner of ceremonial magics and history), To give you 474 in each of these catagories.
(If you need to name these books this generator might help http://jtevans.kilnar.com/rpg/dnd/tools/ )
Each category of books is worth gp (474x 10gp) for a total of 33,180gp (for all books).

The remaining 1/4 of the books (1108 tomes) are likely divided between "Books with Secrets" and "Books of Magical Spell/ Formulas". 2/3 of the books should be the first type.
These are basically "Masterwork Tools" and number 731. These should be divided into the same 7 categories but all totalled cost 36,550gp.

The last 365 books would be valuable books basically spellbooks or scrolls worth whatever the value of the scribed scroll would be. For Complete HARD MODE's sake i calculated it out using this generator: http://donjon.bin.sh/d20/treasure/index.cgi

Arcane Scroll (Resistance (12 gp 5 sp)) (total 12 gp 5 sp)
Arcane Scroll (Endure Elements (25 gp)) (total 25 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Magic Missile (25 gp)) (total 25 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Grease (25 gp)) (total 25 gp)
2 x Arcane Scroll (Detect Undead (25 gp)) (total 25 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Silent Image (25 gp)) (total 25 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Message (12 gp 5 sp), Disguise Self (25 gp)) (total 37 gp 5 sp)
Arcane Scroll (Animate Rope (25 gp), Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law (25 gp)) (total 50 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Silent Image (25 gp), True Strike (25 gp)) (total 50 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Detect Secret Doors (25 gp), Detect Undead (25 gp)) (total 50 gp)
2 x Arcane Scroll (Summon Monster II (150 gp)) (total 150 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Mirror Image (150 gp)) (total 150 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Gust of Wind (150 gp)) (total 150 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Magic Mouth (160 gp)) (total 160 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Alarm (25 gp), Disguise Self (150 gp)) (total 175 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law (25 gp), Scorching Ray (150 gp)) (total 175 gp)
Arcane Scroll (True Strike (25 gp), Spider Climb (150 gp)) (total 175 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Mage Hand (12 gp 5 sp), Alarm (25 gp), Darkvision (150 gp)) (total 187 gp 5 sp)
Arcane Scroll (Cure Moderate Wounds (200 gp)) (total 200 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Detect Secret Doors (25 gp), Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law (25 gp), Darkness (150 gp)) (total 200 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law (25 gp), True Strike (25 gp), Disguise Self (150 gp)) (total 200 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Magic Aura (25 gp), Ray of Enfeeblement (25 gp), Blindness/Deafness (150 gp)) (total 200 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Disguise Self (25 gp), Arcane Lock (175 gp)) (total 200 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Shield (25 gp), Sound Burst (200 gp)) (total 225 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Identify (125 gp), Fox's Cunning (150 gp)) (total 275 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Cat's Grace (150 gp), Gust of Wind (150 gp)) (total 300 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Invisibility (150 gp), Protection from Arrows (150 gp)) (total 300 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Daze Monster (150 gp), Magic Mouth (160 gp)) (total 310 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Disguise Self (25 gp), Fox's Cunning (150 gp), Summon Monster II (150 gp)) (total 325 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Calm Emotions (200 gp), Detect Thoughts (150 gp)) (total 350 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Tongues (375 gp)) (total 375 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Enlarge Person (25 gp), Blindness/Deafness (150 gp), Silence (200 gp)) (total 375 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Delay Poison (200 gp), Eagle's Splendor (150 gp), Touch of Idiocy (150 gp)) (total 500 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Disguise Self (150 gp), Fox's Cunning (150 gp), Sound Burst (200 gp)) (total 500 gp)
Arcane Scroll (Cure Light Wounds (50 gp), Cat's Grace (150 gp), Explosive Runes (375 gp)) (total 575 gp)
Divine Scroll (Detect Magic (12 gp 5 sp)) (total 12 gp 5 sp)
.Divine Scroll (Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law (25 gp)) (total 25 gp)
Divine Scroll (Sanctuary (25 gp)) (total 25 gp)
Divine Scroll (Jump (25 gp), Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law (25 gp)) (total 50 gp)
Divine Scroll (Comprehend Languages (25 gp), Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law (25 gp)) (total 50 gp)
Divine Scroll (Charm Animal (25 gp), Flame Blade (150 gp)) (total 175 gp)
Divine Scroll (Pass without Trace (25 gp), Wood Shape (150 gp)) (total 175 gp)
Divine Scroll (Pass without Trace (25 gp), Summon Nature's Ally I (25 gp), Shatter (150 gp)) (total 200 gp)
Divine Scroll (Bless Water (50 gp), Find Traps (150 gp)) (total 200 gp)
.Divine Scroll (Cure Light Wounds (25 gp), Endure Elements (25 gp), Cat's Grace (150 gp)) (total 200 gp)
Divine Scroll (Consecrate (200 gp)) (total 200 gp)
Divine Scroll (Curse Water (50 gp), Endure Elements (25 gp), Flame Blade (150 gp)) (total 225 gp)
Divine Scroll (Flaming Sphere (150 gp), Remove Paralysis (150 gp)) (total 300 gp)
Divine Scroll (Flaming Sphere (150 gp), Shield Other (150 gp)) (total 300 gp)
Divine Scroll (Enthrall (150 gp), Find Traps (150 gp)) (total 300 gp)
Divine Scroll (Command (25 gp), Detect Animals or Plants (25 gp), Diminish Plants (375 gp)) (Requirement curse) (total 425 gp)

Total value = 10095 gp

That covers the Books.

2) Fixings/ Furniture/ everything else not nailed down.
I Used the d20pfsrd (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/furniture-and-decorations) for the furniture and other non-gear items.

This was more time consuming but here we go...
your remaining 13,300lbs gets divided like this.

60 Artisan tools for various Craft skills (300lbs)
10 Alchemist Labs (400lbs)
100 flasks of acid (100lbs)
50 Flasks Alchemist's Fire (50lbs)
500 potion vials (50lbs)
10 Chests (250lbs)
10 Cauldrons (50lbs)
50 Spell Component Pouches (100lbs)
50 Oil Vials (50lbs)
80 ten-Foot Ladders (1600lbs) *
50 Hooded Lanterns (100lbs) *
10 Armchairs (200lbs) *
10 small Tables (600lbs) *
10 Workbenches (3000lbs) *
80 Shelves (6480lbs) *
The Price of the above is 8095gp, excluding items marked with *

Basically I excluded other magic items since an alchemist's lab & library would have "practical" things.

Maybe that helped?

EDIT: Bah, missed the update that it was E6... far too lazy to redo, and far too prideful of what i have done (correct or not) to delete this post... :smallconfused: